Tresser

tresser
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2008-12-09

Tresser

Post by tresser on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:27 am

"This is not fabulous!" Tresser yelled at her phone when Tobi's voicemail picked up for the third time. "I have lost my Stupid!" She put her phone back in the pocket of her purse reserved for it and looked around the space immediately around her for necessary utensils for the epic quest that was finding her friend.

"Where ya goin, Love?" Ti had been watching his girlfriend get ready to go out for the past fifteen minutes. He was still on the couch watching TV, still holding the remote, though the tube was muted.

Tresser was in the bedroom and yelled through the wall to him. "I must have my Tobi!"

"Oh yeah? Where is she?" He turned back to the TV, not ignoring her but getting ready to jump back into the current episode.

"Current location unknown. But we were gonna have lunch today when she got back from vacation, and she's not answering her phone." Tresser emerged and was crossing the living room. "She better be dead. That's the only excuse I'm taking."

"Maybe she's already there."

"That'd be anticlimactic. But better than death." She leaned over the couch and kissed Ti's head. "I'll be back for dinner. Have a good day."

Ti smiled up at her. "Love you."

She smiled back, and gave him a real kiss. "Later, Baby."

Huh. Still not answering. Weird.
    Tresser got Tobi's voicemail again, and growled. What in the world is more important than lunch? And with me, no less? She frowned, making her way to the restaurant they had planned to meet in. Fine. I'll eat by myself.

The sign over the door read 'The Tower Café', and it was one of the girls' favorite places to eat. However, once Tresser stepped through the door she was not inside the café. Instead, she was in a place that Tobi would have loved.

Library? Whiskey tango…
    she turned around – there was no door. A wall was behind her now, even though seconds before her hand had been on a doorknob. A shuffling noise to her right made her jump. Someone was walking down one of the halls of books.

Now, Ti had taught her about caution. He'd said, 'sense equals safety'. And right now, Tresser had no idea where she was or what had happened to her. So the Ti in her head said 'Stay out of sight. Find out what you can, then use it to your advantage.'

Tresser glanced around quickly. The library was old-fashioned, the kind with a rolling ladder attached to the walls of books that could be moved to reach higher shelves. And above her was a ledge about a foot wide that denoted the end of the shelves and the beginning of the domed ceiling.

Up we go,
    she thought, hauling herself up the ladder. Her movements were quick and light, and she huddled up on the dusty ledge as the someone's footsteps brought them right to where she had been standing. Tresser sighed quietly, six feet above the person's head. What in the world is that?
    lost frequencies
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Re: Tresser

Post by lost frequencies on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Do you want me to move this to the Backstory section?

Original Character

Female

Post by tresser on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 pm

you certainly can. i left it in the niche for possible replies and whatnots.
    tresser
    Original Character

Female

little bit 'o history

Post by tresser on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:42 am

Tresser’s parents, Tansy and Tove, are still married, still happy. She also has a younger brother, Turk. Tove is the bassist of a popular prog-rock band. Tansy is a horticulturist, doing landscape design, floral arranging, and gardening for herself and public works. Turk is an apprentice welder, working in construction for the city and also with a small business that does freelance iron and other metal work. Tresser herself works in a salon and spa, doing massage, shell and skin treatments, and occasional makeup application.

Tresser met Tobi in high school, specifically at lunch. Tobi usually ate in the park, sitting either by the creek that bordered the south side of the school or in the tire swing that was hung in the playground. Tresser liked the idea of the creek, and found Tobi there one fall day in the beginning of her freshman year. Tresser’s easy-going attitude and cheerful smile soon won over the shyer, usually solitary sea turtle, and by the end of that week Tobi had been all but adopted by Tove and Tansy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 am