Account activations: New registers please read!

Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Account activations: New registers please read!

Post by Rogue on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:46 am

As most of you are aware, I'm the only administrator around on the forum right now. Nad is the forum founder, so all of the forum's administrative e-mails go directly to her. Right now, she's dealing with a lot of RL issues ,and has no time to do anything forum-wise. Because the new account registration notices go directly to her to be activated, I have no idea when a new person registers, unless I just so happen to log into the administration panel, and notice it in the 'inactive users' section. Unfortunately, this could take days, or weeks. So my suggestion to those who are registering an account or a new character (after reading and understanding the forum rules, of course), please drop me a line here and I'll get right on it!

Thankies!
    ~Rogue

Female
    Number of posts : 329

Re: Account activations: New registers please read!

Post by lost frequencies on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 am

Sorry, guys. Would have done this sooner but it keeps slipping my mind.

I've re-activated it so users would have confirmation e-mails sent to them instead. This means you'll be approving yourself. I think we don't need to fend ourselves from the nasties anymore so I guess it's ok to have new members approving their own accounts.

Regards,
    Nad.

Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:39 am

What if we don't have anymore emails to use and we want to make a new character? can we re-use emails?
    lost frequencies
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 329

Post by lost frequencies on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 am

Here's what you should do:

First, sign up with a bogus e-mail address. Then, if you have access to the Admin control panel, you can change the bogus e-mail addy to your actual one. It IS possible to recycle your e-mail addy. You just got do some manual changes, is all. Wink

If you don't have access to it, ask someone who does. XD

EDIT::

Oh! I almost forgot: assuming you have two e-mail accounts. You alter the e-mail addresses of your characters to one of your actual accounts and leave the other open for receiving confirmation e-mails. Get it?

This is the easiest way I could think of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:03 am