The Lair (October- two months later...)

Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

The Lair (October- two months later...)

Post by Raphael on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:56 am

*It was around 8'o clock at night when Raphael emerged from his room, making his way to the kitchen for some cereal which seemed to be a big part of his 'diet' lately. Normally he would be out by now but between the increase in crime and his body guard job he was exhausted.

He grabbed a bowel from the cupboard, then a spoon, and a box of Frosted Flakes from the top of the refrigerator. After placing that on the table he turned around to grab some milk and poured himself a bowel.*

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Re: The Lair (October- two months later...)

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:29 am

Casey was on his way to the Lair dressed in his vigilante gear. After frustrating weeks of looking for his hockey mask around his apartment he decided to get a replacement for the time being. It was starting to get colder outside which made Casey think about changing from his sleeveless shirt for something warmer but he shurged off the thought, perhaps he would next time.

He finally made his way to a sewer hole and climbed down it. He had been to the Lair so many times that he didn't even need a map anymore to find it.He made his way to the entrance letting himself in. Inside he didn't see anyone around and shouted.

"Hey anybody home!"

After not getting an answer he wandered around until he spotted Raphael sitting at the kitchen table. He grinned, just the guy he was looking for. Despite what happened months ago he had to forgive and forget, well after a few dozen rounds of beer all paid for by Raphael ofcourse!

He pulled his mask up on his head before walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, Raph I got a' good tip 'bout some prison break hideouts so come on lets go!"

Last edited by Casey Jones on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:56 am

* Raphael heard someone entering the Lair and assumed it was one of his brothers, til he heard Casey's voice. He sat there and continued eating his cereal knowing what Casey was there for.

As Casey walked in the kitchen Raph took a few more spoonfuls of cereal while he listened to him.*

"Fuck dat..lemme guess dis' tip cost ya a' bottle a' whiskey."

*He was referring to wild Willie one of Casey's main sources he was a bum who would do anything for a drink, whiskey being his favorite. Raphael didn't like the guy but had to admit he had a lot of dirt on the criminal society of New York. Though not all of his tips where reliable.

Either way he just didn't feel like going out tonight.*

"I'm takin' da night off."

*He was now resting his elbows on both sides of his cereal bowel.*

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:19 am

Casey was in disbelief that Raph was actually taking the night off especially since he paid so much for this tip! He wouldn't admit to Raph that he was right but it had actually cost him two bottles of whiskey and a pack of smokes.

"Ya gotta be shitin' meh!"

He said as he slipped his golf bag off of his shoulder and sat right across the table from Raphael.

"Wha' ya gotta a' date wit' sexy Lexi again?"

He sat back in the chair placing his feet on the table.

"I'm tellin' ya man if ya let her keep callin' all da shots ya might as well get yer'self a' collar."

He had only known of Lexi for the past month and didn't have any problem giving him crap about it.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:50 am

It was a night like any other for Donatello. He had been working hard in his lab all night so far, trying this new program he made for the lair's security. He felt obligated to do this with all the malicious activity around the city these days.

After word had gotten out about the escaped convicts, Donatello had taken every precaution he could to ensure the safety of the lair. He was worried that, to escape the police force's watchful eye, these criminals just might take refuge underground. Unlikely, but still possible...

So here he was, holed up in his lab for the night. He was unaware that two of his brothers had left to go see what the gangs and foot were up to. And he was also unaware that Raph had opted to stay in for the night. All he knew was that he has work to do. Even if he put all this pressure on himself. A turtle could never be too careful while protecting his home.

He was off typing away on his keyboard when he heard Casey's voice. At first, he just rolled his eyes in annoyance. Sure, he liked Casey's company sometimes, but the man could be so destructive. Don could compare him to Mikey with his carelessness, and Raph with his temper when it came to how things often broke around the lair.

Even when the two were in the kitchen, the shouting between his brother and friend was wearing thin on Don's nerves. He could not be disturbed from his work...even for a friend. He had to finish this as soon as possible.

With a frustrated sigh, his coffee cup now empty, he stood up and headed out of his lab, taking the cup with him. He entered the kitchen and glared at the two. "Could you guys keep it down out here? I'm trying to get some work done," he told them irritably.

He headed over to the coffee maker and poured himself another cup. Taking a sip, he calmed down considerably. "Sorry," he apologized with a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to yell at you, but I'm just so stressed trying to get this program working."

Taking another rather large swallow of the still steaming liquid, he formally greeted Casey with a wave. "What's up, Casey? How are things up there?" He had seen some of the news reports lately, but Casey probably had a better handle on the situation since he was known to take matters into his own hands.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:48 am

April knocked softly at the entrance to the lair. She shifted awkwardly from foot to foot, unsure if her knock had been heard. It should have been easy, coming back from her trip to South America

her prison

and seeing her friends again. She hadn't even checked on her apartment yet; the need to be back among friends--family--had been too strong.

Maracas for Mike....he'd be sure to annoy everyone with those...some shade-grown fair trade coffee for Don...a carved jaguar tooth for Raph...a machete for Leo. She'd lost Casey's gift in the jungle. And she sure as hell hadn't been able to go back for it...

Hopefully, they wouldn't ask too many questions. Hopefully things would go back to normal instantly.
    Suddenly, she wanted nothing more than to be on the other side of that door and out of the chilly, echoing sewers. If part of resurfacing meant diving back into life, then it was what she had to do.

April knocked loudly.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 am

While waiting for Casey's response, Don's trained ear caught another sound. It was very quiet at first, but with things silent for the moment around the lair, he still heard it. A few seconds later, the knocking sound was even louder.

"Hold that thought, Casey. I'll be right back," he told his human friend as he headed out of the kitchen to see who was there.

When Donatello finally reached the door and opened it, his jaw nearly dropped to the floor--not believing his eyes. "April," he said in complete surprise. Could it be true? Could she really be here?

He couldn't believe it. She had finally returned! But he had no idea where she disappeared to in the first place. It was as if she had dropped off the face of the earth.

"Oh...my...gosh! April!" he exclaimed, enveloping her in a gentle hug. He just had to make sure she was real. "Where on earth have you been all this time?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 am

Casey Jones wrote:
    "Wha' ya gotta a' date wit' sexy Lexi again?"

He sat back in the chair placing his feet on the table.

"I'm tellin' ya man if ya let her keep callin' all da shots ya might as well get yer'self a' collar."

He had only known of Lexi for the past month and didn't have any problem giving him crap about it.

*Raphael shoot him an angry glare, he didn't take kindly to Casey using that silly nickname which was most likely given to her by her fans.*

"Like yer' one ta talk!" *He spat back at Casey.*

"Don' see no playboy supermodel hangin' off yer' arm."

Donatello wrote:

With a frustrated sigh, his coffee cup now empty, he stood up and headed out of his lab, taking the cup with him. He entered the kitchen and glared at the two. "Could you guys keep it down out here? I'm trying to get some work done," he told them irritably.

He headed over to the coffee maker and poured himself another cup. Taking a sip, he calmed down considerably. "Sorry," he apologized with a sheepish smile. "I didn't mean to yell at you, but I'm just so stressed trying to get this program working."

"Ya gotta door try shuttin' it once in a' while!" *He mumbled under his breath as his less then cheerful brother walked into the kitchen.*

Donatello wrote:

When Donatello finally reached the door and opened it, his jaw nearly dropped to the floor--not believing his eyes. "April," he said in complete surprise. Could it be true? Could she really be here?

He couldn't believe it. She had finally returned! But he had no idea where she disappeared to in the first place. It was as if she had dropped off the face of the earth.

"Oh...my...gosh! April!" he exclaimed, enveloping her in a gentle hug. He just had to make sure she was real. "Where on earth have you been all this time?"

*Raphael had also noticed the noise coming from the door as Donatello went to see who it was Raph got up and placed his empty cereal bowel into the sink. His curiosity got the better of him as he walked to the living room, he stood at a distance at first but walked over as he noticed it was April.

He was just as shocked as Don and grinned at her while she was in Don's embrace.*

"Hey Ape long time no see."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 am

Donatello wrote:

Taking another rather large swallow of the still steaming liquid, he formally greeted Casey with a wave. "What's up, Casey? How are things up there?" He had seen some of the news reports lately, but Casey probably had a better handle on the situation since he was known to take matters into his own hands.

"It's ok Donnie everybody round here seems ta be testy lately."

He said as he looked over at Raph and decided against continuing their argument for the moment. So he didn't have a playboy supermodel girlfriend, at least he wasn't wiped.

Casey sat and watched as Donatello got up to get the door and Raph putting away his dish. He was beginning to think that getting Raph to go out tonight was a lost cause.

Curiosity got the better of him to as Raph left for the living room. He stood up and picked his golf bag up, placing it over his left shoulder.

He walked out of the kitchen and froze, it was April! He couldn't believe it himself. He stayed silent and watched as Don and Raph greeted her. He wasn't sure how to react to her return she had left so suddenly months ago..
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 am

April closed her eyes and leaned her head on Don's shoulder, wincing slightly at the light pressure of his arms but not willing to give it up for the world.

"Business in South America took a little longer than I expected." Yeah, it sounded lame. "I'm sorry I was gone for so long, Donnie," she continued, forcing more cheerfulness into her voice. "It's so good to be back in New York!"

*Raphael had also noticed the noise coming from the door as Donatello went to see who it was Raph got up and placed his empty cereal bowel into the sink. His curiosity got the better of him as he walked to the living room, he stood at a distance at first but walked over as he noticed it was April.

He was just as shocked as Don and grinned at her while she was in Don's embrace.*

"Hey Ape long time no see."

She looked up at Raph's statement and grinned back at him, not entirely ready to relinquish Donatello yet. "That's all I get? After weeks of being a no-show around here? Where's the group hug? The ticker-tape parade?"

"It's ok Donnie everybody round here seems ta be testy lately."

He said as he looked over at Raph and decided against continuing their argument for the moment. So he didn't have a playboy supermodel girlfriend, at least he wasn't wiped.

Casey sat and watched as Donatello got up to get the door and Raph putting away his dish. He was beginning to think that getting Raph to go out tonight was a lost cause.

Curiosity got the better of him to as Raph left for the living room. He stood up and picked his golf bag up, placing it over his left shoulder.

He walked out of the kitchen and froze, it was April! He couldn't believe it himself. He stayed silent and watched as Don and Raph greeted her. He wasn't sure how to react to her return she had left so suddenly months ago...

Casey...

Her muscles tensed a bit. The happy homecoming had turned really awkward all of a sudden. She really owed Case an apology, but wasn't sure where to start...and he was being so quiet, she wasn't sure if that was even what he wanted to hear. Slowly April pulled away from Don and scuffed a boot against the floor as she turned to face him.

"Casey....hi!"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 am

April O'Neil wrote:She looked up at Raph's statement and grinned back at him, not entirely ready to relinquish Donatello yet. "That's all I get? After weeks of being a no-show around here? Where's the group hug? The ticker-tape parade?"

*He shurged*

"Well ya know if ya gave us a little notice we woulda cleaned up a little, put up some nice throw pillows. Mikey woulda gone crazy wit' da cake an' streamers...On second thought it's better that ya didn't!"

*He said joking with her although her attention seemed to be elsewhere at the moment.*

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:54 am

April O'Neil wrote:Casey...

Her muscles tensed a bit. The happy homecoming had turned really awkward all of a sudden. She really owed Case an apology, but wasn't sure where to start...and he was being so quiet, she wasn't sure if that was even what he wanted to hear. Slowly April pulled away from Don and scuffed a boot against the floor as she turned to face him.

"Casey....hi!"

He glanced over at her as she finally noticed him and then quickly averted his gaze elsewhere. It was defiantly awkward and he most likely wouldn't be sticking around much longer.

"Hey..so uh where've ya been?" He asked not really expecting much of an answer.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:45 am

He glanced over at her as she finally noticed him and then quickly averted his gaze elsewhere. It was definitely awkward and he most likely wouldn't be sticking around much longer.

"Hey..so uh where've ya been?" He asked not really expecting much of an answer.

"Peru" was the short answer to that question, but April could see immediately that that would not be enough for any of them. Even though Casey was acting so casual about it. That hurt. She'd been expecting it, but it still stung. She tried to smile at Raph's jokes but she was trying too hard to come up with a good answer to Casey's question.

"Uh....it was a freelance project in South America on a new oil pipeline that's being built. And I had NO idea it would take me this long to get the story and make it back here," she admitted. "Things...got complicated. I missed you."

It seemed that her entire life had gotten complicated with the long weeks she'd been away. She resisted the urge to throw herself into Casey's arms and tell him everything that had happened, how scared she'd been that she would never see him again. Right now all April wanted was for things to go back to normal.

She broke off and began fumbling in her duffel bag. "Donnie," she said, pulling out the coffee she'd bought him, "You mind putting this on? I've had a long flight, but I don't feel like sleeping yet."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:07 am

Casey looked up at her after she replied to his question, he was still confused though.

"Oil pipeline eh, musta been one hell of a' story." He said flatly and didn't feel it justified her no call no show for so long. He wouldn't admit that he missed her and was worried about her the whole time she was away.

At the moment he really wasn't considering what she was going through. He then remembered he had to go out tonight and gripped the strap over his shoulder as he walked past April and towards the exit.

He stopped a few steps in-front of the door only turning around briefly.

"Ya comin' Raph?"
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Donatello was beginning to notice how clingy April was to him, but he was more than happy to allow it. After all, it had been months since he had seen her last. Her small wince hadn't gone unnoticed however. But he was willing to be there for her support as long as she needed.

Then when she finally let him go, he went over to his brother. The reunion between her and Casey was...awkward for sure. But in a way, Don could understand that since she never sent word that she was going anywhere to begin with.

He listened to her explanation about her trip. He was just so happy she returned safe and sound. "We really missed you too, April," he said, smiling.

Then his eyes positively lit up when she presented the coffee to him. Though he had no idea it was an actual gift to him. He just thought that it was some she brought back to share with anyone that was interested. And of course, it being coffee, Don would be the first to try it out. He took the bag from her and nodded. "Sure, April. I'll get on it right away." He turned and headed back to the kitchen to put it on.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Casey Jones wrote:

"Ya comin' Raph?"

*He watched the exchange between April and Casey and couldn't help but feel the tension. He didn't know why Casey was acting that way towards her but let it be.

He glanced over in Casey's direction with his arms crossed over his plastron.*

"Nah Case its my night off."

*He repeated besides he figured he would stick around for Aprils sake.*
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am

Casey looked up at her after she replied to his question, he was still confused though.

"Oil pipeline eh, musta been one hell of a' story." He said flatly and didn't feel it justified her no call no show for so long. He wouldn't admit that he missed her and was worried about her the whole time she was away.

At the moment he really wasn't considering what she was going through. He then remembered he had to go out tonight and gripped the strap over his shoulder as he walked past April and towards the exit.

"Ya comin' Raph?"

*He watched the exchange between April and Casey and couldn't help but feel the tension. He didn't know why Casey was acting that way towards her but let it be.

*He repeated besides he figured he would stick around for Aprils sake.*

The hot sensation of tears prickled up behind April's eyes at Casey's cold words. Fine. If that was the way he wanted it...and who knew, he probably had picked up with some floozy while she was away. He sure was acting like it, the callous bastard.

And he'd sent a clear message, choosing a night out smashing skulls with Raph over catching up with her. Well, message received, you big jerk.

She plunked herself down on the couch and picked up a magazine--glanced at it--tossed it back down. Ignoring Casey, she turned to Raph instead. She tried to put what she thought was a cheerful grin on her face. "Looks like you mostly kept the city in one piece while I was gone."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Raphael wrote:

He griped his bag strap tighter as he turned leaving out the door. He had nothing more to say besides he couldn't stop what he was doing just because she decided to show up. This was an important lead and he was pissed about Raphael refusing to come along he would decided tonight to stay home!

He stomped his way through the sewers and eventually made it to a manhole, climbing to the surface.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:01 pm

April O'Neil wrote:

She plunked herself down on the couch and picked up a magazine--glanced at it--tossed it back down. Ignoring Casey, she turned to Raph instead. She tried to put what she thought was a cheerful grin on her face. "Looks like you mostly kept the city in one piece while I was gone."

*Raphael watched as Casey left 'Whatever.' he muttered to himself he then looked over at April and saw that she was sitting on the couch. He walked over to her and flopped down on the couch beside her, resting his elbow on top of the couch. He grinned at her comment.*

"Yep been kickin' a lot of ass lately! I tell ya Ape dis' city's gone straight ta hell, it's gettin' harder ta keep up."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:02 am

"You're telling me," Don chimed in after hearing the last thing his brother had said. "I feel like I've been working over-time lately to keep our home secure."

He walked into the main area, carrying a couple steaming cups of coffee over to the couch. He handed April one and sat down on the other side of her.

"Thanks for the coffee, April," he said smiling as he took a couple sips of the delicious brew.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 pm

April accepted the hot cup of coffee and sipped at it carefully, burning her lip slightly. "Just how I like it--thanks, Don. I bought it just for you." She fumbled in her bag and brought out Raphael's gift as well. "A weird old man gave me this in the jungle. It's a real jaguar tooth--it's thought to bring strength to the warrior that wears it," she told him as she handed it to him. "He told me I'd know who to give it to--and I thought of you."

She sat back and sipped a bit more of the coffee. "So....Casey's really pissed at me, isn't he."
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:25 am

*Raphael rolled his eyes at his brothers comment 'Ya he's the one who's been workin'..' he thought sarcastically but kept it to himself.

He watched as April pulled a strange tooth out of her bag and examined it in the palm of his hand. It was long with a dulled sharp tip. He grinned as April explained the story behind it and he felt honored that she thought of him as a warrior.*

"Thanks Ape dis might come in handy."

*He then held the jaguar tooth by the string attached to it and started wrapping it around his wrist although it looked as if it were meant to go around the neck. He paused at her comment about Casey and sighed. He was just as clueless as she was and tried to brush it off.*

"Eh, he was in a' bad mood before ya even got 'ere he'll cool down."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:55 am

It's a good thing Raphael kept that comment to himself because Don figured his job was just as important as the physical work his brothers were doing topside. His smile widened at April. "Wow. Thanks, April." He sat back again and leisurely sipped his coffee again.

Then he looked over at Raph and April and listened to his female friend's explanation that went along with Raph's gift. Even if the older turtle was rough around the edges, Don still thought that the wild feline tooth suited his brother.

But then he frowned at April's dejected tone reguarding Casey's attitude prior to his departure. He wasn't around throughout the whole conversation between his brother and the man, so he wasn't sure exactly what Casey's problem was anyway.

But the genius turtle still couldn't help being concerned about what was bothering the other human. "What exactly was his problem, anyway, Raph?"
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 am

"Thanks Ape dis might come in handy."

*He then held the jaguar tooth by the string attached to it and started wrapping it around his wrist although it looked as if it were meant to go around the neck. He paused at her comment about Casey and sighed. He was just as clueless as she was and tried to brush it off.*

"Eh, he was in a' bad mood before ya even got 'ere he'll cool down."

But the genius turtle still couldn't help being concerned about what was bothering the other human. "What exactly was his problem, anyway, Raph?"

April smiled as Raphael put on her gift, and for the first time since she'd arrived at the lair the expression didn't feel fake to her. She was just about to ask him what Case's problem was when Donatello chimed in with his question. She quickly followed up on Don's question with one of her own. "You don't think he's going to do anything stupid out there on his own, do you? Get himself hurt or anything?"

She tried to make her voice sound casual, but Casey's cold behavior had disturbed her; and the thought that he might be looking for trouble without really being able to handle it shook her even more.

She hated how pathetically self-centered her internal monologue sounded, but she couldn't avoid the worry that her absence was throwing Casey off enough so that he'd get himself in hot water: What if he's so upset about what I did that he walks into trouble too big for him? She was of half a mind to go after him then and there and have it out, but she waited for Raph's response--maybe there was stuff going on that she didn't know about.

Wait....Casey had stuff that she didn't know about? Was Casey HIDING thing things from her?

Maybe it was the exhaustion that was causing her momentary irrationality and the feelings of concern and anger to chase each other through her brain.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 pm

*Raphael hopped that they would drop it but soon realized that wasn't going to happen and understood that April was concerned but it wasn't like Casey never did anything like this before. He finshed warping the thick string around his wrist and looped the tooth under it so it would stay.

He then looked at April and wasn't sure if he wanted to tell her everything.*

"Cause I wouldn't go out patrollin' wit' 'em it's complete bullshit."

*He said leaning forward resting his elbows on his knees.*

"He's a' big guy an can take care of 'em self."

*He decided to quickly change the subject it wasn't necessary for April to know about the tip Casey had gotten earlier and he felt nothing would come of it anyway.*

"So wha' was it like out there in da wilderness? Meet Indiana Jone's?" *He added in a joking manner.*

Last edited by Raphael on Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 pm