Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

The Pizza joint on 42nd (Tobs and Don) [Feb. 28. 08]

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Tobi

It had only taken Tobi a few minutes to run from Fal's loft in Chinatown to the little mom'n'papa pizza parlor that had become a favorite staple of her and her friends. (Why'd she run? Well... why not?) So she had plenty of time to pop in and order a large seafood pizza while she was waiting for Donatello to show up.

She sat down on the curb just outside of the pizza place and took a slice of pizza out of the hot box resting in her jeans covered lap. No one really looked twice at the grungy bum scarfing down a slice of pizza on the road side, and Tobi didn't mind at all that everyone seemed to think she was a grungy bum. As long as no one started screaming at the sight of her, she was a pleased as a peach.

Donatello

Like he had predicted, Don was at the pizza parlor 10 minutes after he hung up. He easily recognized the over-clothed form sitting in front of it. It was not cold enough to wear so much clothing, but in their case it was not an option. Without too much hesitation he went to meet her.

“Hi…Sorry if I kept you waiting.”

Tobi

Tobi didn't recognize Donny at first, but who else other then a giant mutant turtle would be bundled up like her? She smiled up at him as she pushed herself to her feet, carefully lifting the pizza box with her.

"No worries!" she chirped cheerfully, "I got us something to eat while I was waiting. I hope you don't mind shrimp on your pizza...?"

Donatello

“That’s really kind of you, Tobi.” Don said smiling even if he knows she could not see it. “Shrimp…No that’s fine. I have seen weirdest things on a pizza.” If he wasn’t for his hat and collar of his coat which hid most of his face, she could easy see that he has turn slightly greener for a moment, has he remembered some of his worst culinary experience.

“We’re better to get going before we attract attention.” His dark brown eyes were still focused on Tobi, but all his senses were in alert. That was the result of a lifetime as a ninja.

Tobi

"Okey doke!" she replied cheerfully, falling into step beside him.

Her face was carefully hidden under the shadows of her low-hanging hood, but her smile was evident through her ever-happy voice. "So I haven't seen you for a while... How have you been doing? How's your brothers and your papa??"

Donatello

“Same old, same old.” he said making his way back to the lair. “Everyone’s doing fine…as far as I know.”

His answer was honest, even if they were living all together; sometimes it was hard to really know what was happening with the clan. Each of them seems to hide in their own shell…

“To tell the truth the atmosphere at home is a bit depressing tonight. Sensei has announced to us that he is going on a sort of pilgrimage to play his respect to his wife…Since the announcement, I haven’t seen anyone…”

Don gives a short side look to Tobi, amazed how it was easy to talk with her. Normally he was incredibly nervous with women, but not with her. He realized why Mikey liked her so much.

“In a way I’m glad you want to visit tonight. It will be great for Mikey.”

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Mar. 4-6. 08

Post by Rogue on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Tobi

"Your papa's going away for a while? Aw, that is sad," she said sympathetically, reaching out and patting his arm gently. Tobi could understand how sad the departure and absence of a dear loved one could be, even when it was for a good cause. It was a bit of a surprise to hear that Master Splinter had a wife though. Obviously she wasn't a mother figure to Donny and his brothers, otherwise he wouldn't have referred to her as his Sensei's 'wife'.

"And I guess Mikey's really bummed about it...? Poor guy! Well, I'll do my best to cheer him up," Tobi smiled. Then she laughed and wrapped an arm around his, giving him an energetic squeeze as she spun the pizza box on her other hand. "And you too! You're my friend too, and I can't stand to see my friends unhappy, y'know?"

Donatello

Donatello was surprised by the spontaneous one-arm hug Tobi gave him, an a bit more by the way she declared that he was her friend. Sure he considered her like a friend too…He was just surprised by the way she had tell him. With a small laugh he gently hugs her back.

”Thank you Tobi. It’s really appreciated. You are a great friend.” He says softly.

He let her go and snatched the pizza box from her.

”Let me take that. Sensei doesn’t give up hope to make gentleman out of us.” Before she could say something against it, he rapidly changes the subject. “When you called, the line has cut out really fast. Did you have some trouble with your cell?”

Tobi

She churred softly at the compliment, her spots lighting up faintly under her hood. Few things pleased her as much as being appreciated.

Her churring ended with a small gasp of surprised protest when he took the pizza box from her. She involuntarily reached out to take the box back, not wanting him to bother with it, but then she stopped and smiled. “Your papa is doing a great job of it then. Both you and Mikey have been nothin’ but sweethearts to me.”

“My phone cut out?” she asked, sounding a little confused. “Did you hear me say ‘kthxbye’? There wasn’t any trouble with the call on my end… At least not that I noticed.”

Donatello

Donatello looks at Tobi with fascination when he caught a small gleam under her hood. For a moment he thought that his eyes had betrayed him, but there was enough light around to make that kind of effect. Before he could study her more she complimented him back.

Tobi wrote: “Your papa is doing a great job of it then. Both you and Mikey have been nothin’ but sweethearts to me.”

The purple clad turtle smiled again, this time blushing a bit.. He was blushing less than the first time he met her, but still he couldn't stop himself. Don just hoped Tobi wouldn't see it.

Tobi wrote:“My phone cut out?” she asked, sounding a little confused. “Did you hear me say ‘kthxbye’? There wasn’t any trouble with the call on my end… At least not that I noticed.”

“No…It’s just that you sound so much in a hurry. I was wondering why.” He explains. “A trouble with your cell has been the first idea I had in mind.”

He said in silent a moment. Not really knowing about what they could talk. He has so many questions to ask her, like where she were from or things like that, but he didn’t know how to approach her on that subject without sounding impolite.

[size=84](ooc : I just don’t know how much they became acquainted with each other since the visit in the djinn dimension)[/size]

Tobi

[size=84]((ooc: Tobi doesn't say much about herself unless she's specifically asked something, so no one besides Mikey and Fal probably know very much about her at all. Besides, as soon as they returned to New York after meeting Shamsuddin, Tobi more then likely went straight home and spent the next few days smothering her sister with love, attention, and yummy foods. Wink ))[/size]

“Oh! You mean my ‘loveyoukaythanksbye’ thing. I always say that right before I hang up,” she chuckled, rubbing the back of her hooded head. “I know, I’m a total dork, heh!”

“But I guess you’re right. I was in a little bit of a rush to get here and see you again. Thanks again, by the way, for coming to get me…” She scuffed the soles of her worn out old sneakers against the concrete, feeling a little bashful and embarrassed. “I really, really love Falsafah, y’know? She’s my sister, but… But… Sometimes I really miss being around my own kind. [size=84]…Even if they did hate my guts…[/size].”

She sighed and hugged her arms around herself, rubbing her shoulders as if she were cold, and really the memories of being tormented and shunned by her fellow Kemps’ ridleys did bring a chill to her heart. She was smiling under her hood, but her voice was soft with wistfulness, “I dono if I ever said this before, and I’m really sorry that I haven’t… But, I really, really appreciate you and your brothers for accepting me for who I am. I really means a lot to me, y’know? Thanks so much for putting up with me, Donny. And y’know, if I’m ever a burden or anything you can just tell me and I’ll get out of your way.”

Donatello

“They’re others like her.” Donnie though with amazement for a shot moment, before it was brushed away by anger. “Those bastards…”How could people be enough cruel to make Tobi think a single moment that she could be a burden? A sweet women like her

Of all his brothers, Donatello was the least to get easily angry and not many things can really get under his shell, but to see a friend so unsure, so hurt, was something that made him mad.

He know what it is like to be an outcast, they have fought for their life nearly each day because of that, and can’t stand to see Tobi like that. He stops, put his free hand on Tobi’s shoulder and make her turn around so they can be face to face.

“Hey, don’t say such a thing.” He said softly, gently lifting her chin so he could see her eyes under the hood. “Like I say you are my friend. You would never be a burden for me and my family. It’s was not a problem to from me to come here to get you and it would never be one. It’s always a pleasure to see you. I’m talking for everyone here, and I’m sure they would not mind that I talk for them and approve my saying: you will always be welcome at the lair. OK.”

He smiles at her. “If anyone tries to make you believe the contrary, just tell me, Mikey or anyone else. We will make sure he would understand to not mess with one of us…Ninja style.”

Don suddenly let her go, realising how close he was from her. Even if he was blushing madly, his dark brown eyes never let go of her. He wants to be sure that the message was clear.

Tobi

Tobi was a little surprised when he suddenly stopped her in mid-step. She was even more surprised when he reached out and gently touched her chin, leading her eyes to meet with his. As he spoke, a smile and a blush spread over her face.

It had been a while since she had heard such kind and reassuring words from another reptile. Sure Mikey had always been really sweet to her, but his affection was more often displayed in actions then words. Mikey didn’t need to say anything to let Tobi know that he cared about her, his hugs and smiles and noogies spoke it in volumes, and the little sea turtle adored him all the more for it. But it was also wonderful to actually hear Donny say such nice things to her. And from the look in his eyes, it was clear that he honestly meant every word he said. …Even if he was blushing like a maniac, heh!

He let her go, and Tobi didn’t know what to say. For a moment, she could only stand there and smile at him, churring softly somewhere deep in her little chest. It had been a very long while since she felt to accepted and appreciated, and at the same time grateful to have such a caring friend. Especially one that’s willing to whup someone’s shell ‘ninja style’ for my sake, she thought with a small mental giggle.

“Aww… Thanks, Donny…” she said finally, lowering her eyes as her spots gleamed like small brassy lanterns. “I think that’s just about the nicest thing a turtle has ever said to me.” Then she laughed and added playfully, “I’d kiss you, but I think your shell would fall off from embarrassment if I did. You’re already blushing like crazy, heehee!”

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:13 pm