The Cardiac

Jenny
    Friend

Female
    Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-05-12

The Cardiac

Post by Jenny on Wed May 19, 2010 7:40 am

In this thread I'll post stories about Den and Jem -a friendship that I think will come to mean a lot to Denaih further on in TTS. And considering this I want to share it. My main goal is to make these stories funny, but also serious. Feed-back is dearly appreciated!

~ The newbie ~

”There’s a new nurse coming today”

chief physician O'Malley informed Denaih as he made is way over to nurses station, briefly giving the young man a nod as a greet. ”She took her nurse license just one month ago, so she’s still a learner in my eyes. It says here that she rather wants to be at the emergency ward since she wants 'action', but we don’t need more people there.”

”The cardiac isn’t eventless..” Den replied as he grabbed one of the journals and opened it ”I think it’s enough action for a newbie.”

O'Malley nodded to this, not bothering to look up at Denaih. Instead his gaze took its focus on a young nurse that walked passed them, lecherous as he was.

”Yes well see..” he finally snapped out and looked down at his pappers. ”You’ll be her mentor for a while Mortensen. She should be here any minute, I told her nine o’clock…”

Denaih blinked at this. He had way too much on his mind already, both here and outside the hospital, he seriously didn’t need a retarded newbie to take care of and have responsibility for. The last thing he needed was to be dragged to the court if she fucked things up, taking him with her in the fall.

”..but sir, you know I already---” he began but stopped; O’Malley was clearly not listening to him. He was too occupied taking a cup of coffee from one of the nurses and complimenting the young woman’s hair. Denaih couldn’t suppress a sigh a this, then he opened his mouth to try again.

”Sir. I have way too much on my schedule as it is.. I’m working full-time here, I'm often working over the hours –don’t you think it would be better to put her with someone else?”

”That’s why I put her with you. You’re always here. Now lets go and look for her, perhaps she’s having a hard time finding…” O’Malley said, taking a sip of his coffee before he pushed himself off the counter and started walking down the corridor.

It was useless. The chief had already decided this and it didn’t matter what Denaih said. Den closed his eyes and tilted his head back as O’Malley walked passed him, letting out a low groan at the work load the man just had assigned him with. He closed the journal with a smack and followed the man reluctantly.

Down the corridor they could soon hear loud music coming from one of the patient’s room. The room belonging to the nine year old girl that had been sent down from the pediatric two days ago because of heart failure. The two men peeked into the room and what they saw was something out of the usual.

On a chair stood a girl, slightly over her 20’s, singing and dancing. She was dressed in black tight pants and a short black leather jacket with a white shirt under. She had long dark brown tousled hair with a pink brightly colored strand of hair that spiced it all up.

But she wasn’t alone singing and dancing; the sick girl’s three friends that were visiting today had joined in and also stood on their chairs -but the rock chick was with no doubt the leader of it. The loud music came from the TV, a cartoon movie from the looks of it.

Why should I worry? Tell me! Why should I care? I may not have a dime. But I got street savoir faire.
    click!

Denaih couldn’t help the small grin that tugged on his lips seeing this; it seemed as the new nurse had arrived, and she sure wasn’t like the others. Maybe this wasn’t that bad after all… But O’Malley however didn’t find the new nurse’s ways of entertaining the patients at all amusing. He cleared his throat loudly to catch her attention.

The young woman who hadn’t noticed the two men’s approaching turned around in her dance, the smile in her face getting wider at the sight of them. She jumped down from the chair and grabbed her bag, flashing the little girl a smile and waving to her

”I see you around” she told her before she started walking over to where Denaih and O’Malley stood. O’Malley instructed the girls with one gesture to turn down the music before motioning to both Denaih and the new girl to follow him.

Noticing Denaih’s looks she gave the man a small wink as she passed him, earning a grin from him. The young woman had always been weak for male nurses, and good looking onces was definitely a plus! But the chief didn’t give her the chance to introduce herself, instead she found herself hurrying after the man who led her and Denaih into an office.

Once in there O’Malley turned to face her with a furious expression in his face. She however, still had her smile playing on her lips.

”Jem Linnros I assume?”

it wasn’t really a question, more of a statement. ”In this hospital we show up in time and doing so we’ve also had the time to change clothes! But further more, we DON’T act up like clowns for the patients!!!”

Well this surely didn’t start of good. Denaih watched O’Malley as he scolded the newbie, he was clearly angered –Den had learnt to recognize those red marks on the man's neck that appeared everytime the chief found something disturbing.

”This is a hospital, not a circus!” he yelled at the girl, who’s smile now had dropped. ”People are dying here!!”

”..that’s a little harsh. The majority is actually trying to heal” Jem said, being a rebel at heart she had always been unable to hold back her opinions of things. ”It’s been shown in reports that music helps some people to heal. But I’m sorry if I crossed any lines here---”

How dared she?! O’Malley stared at her with narrowed eyes, but at her last sentence he cut her off. ”You did! You did cross the line Linnros!!” he yelled at her, angered because she didn’t understand this since he already had firmly stated this. He took a deep breath and was on his way to open his mouth again when Denaih spoke up

”First day. We all do mistakes”

O'Malley shifted his gaze to Denaih. Sure, this wasn’t an ordinary mistake for the first days around here, but wasn’t it a mistake nevertheless? Denaih just wanted this conversation to end.

O’Malley watched Denaih for a second before he decided to let this go. He had other things to take care of then beating some sense into this new bitch.

”Mortensen will be your mentor. He’s the one you turn to if there’s any problems.” he told her firmly, then he walked over to the door and opened it. ”I’ll be watching you” he said before leaving, pointing threatingly at her.

”Awesome sir. Nice talking to you!” Jem replied with that bright smile she earlier had greeted them with, unfaced by the chief’s threats. Then he left and her eyes shifted to the male nurse.

”Great start on your first day Jem.” Den grinned as O’Malley had left, nodding in the direction he had taken. ”That was chief O’Malley. You’ll be seeing more of him. I’m Denaih.” he reached out his hand to her.

”Yeah hope so, he was a really charming guy” she said as she took his hands, still smiling ”Nice meeting you Denaih.”

”And don’t worry about thing that I just left school. I’m good” she gave him a playful wink ”I wont cause any problems for you”

Denaih smiled slightly at that; already seeing her rebellious attitude he had a strong feeling that there would be more coming from this young woman. But even so, he couldn’t help but find her refreshing. Fun chick –and she wasn’t bad to look at…

"Lets find you some clothes" he said, chosing not to comment what she had assured him about. "Then I'll show you alround"

"Can you see through all the pants around here, or is only those you're wearing today?" Jem pointed down at his crotch. Den's eyes widen for a second and he quickly looked down; realizing while doing so that she was messing with him. But it was too late, he had already lost this one.

Jem laughed a little at his reaction and he glanced up at her, smiling slightly. So she was a wisecracker, the girl had no idea who she was dealing with -Denaih was the true wisecracker.

"Right. Like what you're seeing? If you're done studying my crotch, perhaps we could move along. But that's only if you're done." he said with a smug grin tugging on his lips, sure that this would put her on the edge. But it didn't

"..hmm.." Jem thoughtfully ran a finger down her chin, her eyes studying the the lower part of his body. Doing so she tilted her head a little, then she took eye contact with him again. "'Kay I'm done" she said, smiling.

Denaih quirked a brow at her then shook his head as another smile broke through. Even though she surely would cause trouble he had a feeling that he would enjoy having her around.
    Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Re: The Cardiac

Post by Rogue on Thu May 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Aw, I love Jem! ^.^ She seems like such a fun character! I love this! It's fun to see the interaction between her and Den. You did an awesome job, and I can't wait to read more!

Female
    Number of posts : 253
    Registration date : 2009-05-12

Post by Jenny on Sat May 22, 2010 8:01 am

Daw thanks love! *smooches* I know I've said this million of times before, but I really LOVE your feed-back and it means a lot. What I'm saying isn't just some simple words, I seriously mean it. THANK YOU! Your comments always make me so happy and it's heart warming to see that someone is reading my stuff ^^

Jem is a fun character to write about since she's so impulsive and crazy! Next piece I'm going to write will be seriously crazy, and fun! *snickers* Poor ol'Den I say Wink
    Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by Rogue on Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Daw *hugs* I always read your posts! ^.^ You're such an awesome writer, and your characters are entertaining. I know how important feedback is, that's why I always try to give it. I know how much I appreciate it when you guys leave it for me. I think more people are reading, they're just too lazy to post feedback. Razz Or perhaps forget. But yesh, people! Feedback is a good thing!

I look forward to reading more of this, awesome so far!:thumb:

And love the Oliver and Company reference you threw in there..love that movie! ^.^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content