Only the good die young

Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Only the good die young

Post by Mikko on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 pm

In the arms of an Angel far away from here.

From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear.

You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie.

In the arms of an Angel; may you find some comfort here.

I remember that it was musky that night. The air felt heavy. It was the kind of night that you just knew something bad was about to go down. I've tried to block out that night. I don't want to remember. I don't want to remember the helplessness. I don't want to remember how I failed my brother once again. He was better off with out me. I was a danger to him. I knew that. I should have let him go from the start. But I needed him. Still need him.

The wind was strong, it forced waves to toss the salty water onto the wooded docks. Light sprinkles of water would fall down on us adding to the chill. Everyone was there. All the guys, all got Gabe. Had it been anyone else, I would have laughed at the fact that it took so many to kill one man. But the one to die was the closet thing to family I had.

I remember seeing him there, on his knees. Beaten and bloody. He could hardly keep his eyes open. Part of me wished that he would died right then, I didn't want him to continue to suffer. I was able to convince Spike to let me say goodbye. He allowed it, probably one of the kindest things Spike has ever done for me.

I cut Gabe's hands free. Maybe he could get himself out of this. I had already called for help, but they hadn't arrived yet. So I held on to Gabe. My arms wrapped around him, not wanting to let go. As long as I could hold on to him then he would be alright. As long as I was here, he would live.

I remember the van being close. Very close. I...I should have saved him! I could have drove away. Why didn't I? Maybe I just wanted this to end. Maybe I was being selfish, not wanting to be the Turks next target. I don't know. I don't know why I didn't save him. Maybe I'm just a monster.

But in the end I didn't help. And time had run out, Spike came back and I had to back away. Most of what came next is a blur. Though I do remember help finally came. Lexi was with them, I don't know why she came with them. But then...Something in me..I felt, distorted.

Gabe was already dead No one could save him. The only thing left for me to do was save face with Spike.

Gabe died that night. His throat was cut. My brother, my soul mate. I let him die. I should have saved him. If I could do it over again....But I can't. And every day I find it harder and harder to live with these memories. Some nights I think about joining Gabe being with him again.

God I miss him...

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:35 pm