Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Re: War Torn

Post by Lazarus on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Laz nodded and frowned. "He's dead, Rose. You don't have to worry about him anymore. I got a call this morning from one of my bosses..." Of course he didn't want to go into detail about that, but he though she should know. and what a coincidence. as far as laz was concerned he got what he deserved.

"So I don't want you giving that man a second though. He was a bastared who hurt a lot of women."

He flashed her another smile. "promise we're not all like that."
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by Rosalie on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Rosalie was taken aback by that bit of information. She looked at Laz in disbelief. "He's.. dead?" It was hard to believe. The man who'd taken so much from her, less than 12 hours ago, no longer existed. Indeed, that bit of information gave her a degree of relief. He wouldn't be around to make good on his threats against her life. He was gone.

"I guess Karma came full circle." She said, more to herself than to Laz.

Hearing his last comment, Rose looked over at him, managing a small smile. "Yeah, I know. I just wish I could've met you or Den before this happened. I don't understand what I did to deserve ..him."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Laz looked her right in the eyes. "You didn't do anything. Guys like that are jerks who deserve every bad thing that happens to them." He dared to move a little closer to her, but still gave her space.

"You didn't deserve that. and what happened wasn't your fault." he decided that maybe it was time to change the subject. "You new to the city?"
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female

Post by Rosalie on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Rose dropped her gaze, finding this all extremely difficult. "I just don't understand.. if he hurt so many women before, why didn't anyone do something about it?' She asked, but really didn't expect an answer. It probably had something to do with the fact that he was a gang member. To mess with him would be to cross his whole gang.

Indeed, a change of subject was definitely welcomed and appreciated. "Yeah.. I've only been here a couple of days. Don't really know anyone." She finally looked at him again, unconcerned with his close proximity. He hadn't tried anything thus far, and she was growing more comfortable around him. "How long have you lived here?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 am

"Pretty much all my life. The city is really great once you know it." Laz said with a bright smile. "Maybe when ever you're up for it, I can take you out, you know, to see the sights. We can go to a nice little sushi place, and maybe take a horse and buggy to do some sight seeing. When you're ready to be out and about again of course."

Laz stood up and headed over to the kitchen. He helped himself to a coke, then turned to Rose. "Want anything from the fridge?"
    Kendall
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Kendall on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:30 am

Daisy wrote:Still recovering from the smoke inhalation, remarkably Daisy managed to sleep through most of the night. She was just that tired. Too tired, in fact, to get the full tour of their temporary home. She had crashed the moment they reached the place. Now, she slept curled up next to Kendall, her arms wrapped lovingly around him.

Soon, the heavenly aroma of breakfast managed to tug at her senses. Probably due to just how sensitive she was to smells, thanks to her pregnancy. Her eyes fluttered open, hearing met with the loud sobbing of little Travis. She was tempted to rush out and look for the child, but she was sure that Chris had it all under control.

Daisy smiled at the sight of Kendall, and gently nuzzled his cheek, pressing a sweet kiss there. "Babe.. wakey-wakey... someone's cooking.. and it smells goooood!"

It was a decent night's sleep for Kendall. The main reason was because of Daisy. He was glad she was back and could sleep next to her again. If felt just like old times, except for one thing. Mikko. Seeing her yesterday was good, but he still felt bad for her -- and for Chris. And hell, even for the baby. Kendall knew how hard it was having the family split up...even temporary. He was just grateful his was back together again.

He snuggled up to Daisy in his sleep and the baby crying didn't really faze him. What did bring him slowly back to consciousness again was Daisy's kiss. He lightly kissed her back and slowly opened his eyes, smiling sleepily at her. It was now that he heard the faint cries coming from the next room but they were soon quieted. Obviously Chris had it under control.

He grinned up at Daisy again. Some things never change. Her appetite for one. He chuckled lightly and slowly sat up. "Yeah, it smells really good. I'm sure you want to check it out, babe. Go ahead and I'll be there in a minute," he told her, slowly rising from the bed.
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female

Post by Rosalie on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Lazarus wrote:"Pretty much all my life. The city is really great once you know it." Laz said with a bright smile. "Maybe when ever you're up for it, I can take you out, you know, to see the sights. We can go to a nice little sushi place, and maybe take a horse and buggy to do some sight seeing. When you're ready to be out and about again of course."

Laz stood up and headed over to the kitchen. He helped himself to a coke, then turned to Rose. "Want anything from the fridge?"

The city was ...nice? Understandably, Rose couldn't see it from that standpoint, she had only witnessed the ugly side of the big city. But once upon a time, New York was the place of dreams for her. It had the best universities, and such a diverse population. She had looked forward to the move here. But now, it seemed like the biggest mistake of her life.

She listened on as Laz offered to show her around the city, once she was well. He made it sound so tempting with all his offers. She managed a small smile at that. "Sure."

Then, he disappeared into the kitchen, offering to grab her something from the fridge. But her stomach was still too messed up to even consider putting anything in it. "No thank you."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Lazarus came back to the couch and sat down with his drink. "So tell me a little bit about you. What made you come to New York? You seem more like a small town girl to me."

He took a sip of his drink and turned his full attention to her.
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 pm

Kendall wrote:
    It was a decent night's sleep for Kendall. The main reason was because of Daisy. He was glad she was back and could sleep next to her again. If felt just like old times, except for one thing. Mikko. Seeing her yesterday was good, but he still felt bad for her -- and for Chris. And hell, even for the baby. Kendall knew how hard it was having the family split up...even temporary. He was just grateful his was back together again.

He snuggled up to Daisy in his sleep and the baby crying didn't really faze him. What did bring him slowly back to consciousness again was Daisy's kiss. He lightly kissed her back and slowly opened his eyes, smiling sleepily at her. It was now that he heard the faint cries coming from the next room but they were soon quieted. Obviously Chris had it under control.

He grinned up at Daisy again. Some things never change. Her appetite for one. He chuckled lightly and slowly sat up. "Yeah, it smells really good. I'm sure you want to check it out, babe. Go ahead and I'll be there in a minute," he told her, slowly rising from the bed.

Daisy kissed him again, and nuzzled his neck, pressing more soft kisses there. She slid over enough to allow him to sit up, then draped her arms around him. "Okies... but don't take too long. Or I'll have to come in here and spank you!" She teased him, then climbed off the bed, adorned in the PJs that Serenity had loaned her. She slid into some fuzzy house shoes, then headed out of the bedroom, following her nose into the kitchen.

As she entered, she noticed the stranger, but smiled nonetheless. "Hiyas!" She greeted June as she edged her way over to the table. "Where's Serenity?"
    June
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by June on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 pm

June looked over when she heard the shuffling of feet. " I thought serenity said there was a guy staying here? No matter. I'm June, Serenity's sister, I'll be staying here for a while.Seren went to work." She said finally managing a smile.

She plated up the food and set it in front of Daisy. "And you are?"
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Daisy was too preoccupied with the mouthwatering food to acknowledge her comment about a guy staying here. She just smiled at the woman, and graciously helped herself to a juicy strip of bacon.

"Mm.. nice to meet you... I'm Daisy!"
    June
    Original Character

Female

Post by June on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:11 pm

"Cute. So is anyone else coming to eat, or should I just give this to the dogs?" She asked, now unsure if she heard Serenity right. Maybe there was no guy staying here. Maybe it was just Daisy. Well, at lest she would have some company.

June grabbed a glass of water and sat down to a clean empty plate. The girl hadn't ate in two days, and she was hoping that she could go for another two. Because nothing taste as good as skinny.
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Daisy continued munching away, giving a nod in response to June's question. "They'll be here soon." She assured her, and shoved another piece of bacon into her mouth. She was just so hungry! As she continued to chow down, she happened to notice that June's plate was empty.

"You're not gonna eat?"
    June
    Original Character

Female

Post by June on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:31 pm

"No. Got to keep my girlish figure for my job." June said with a smile. "Water is all I need....Sooooooo they guy here, is he hot? and is the baby a boy or a girl. I don't really like kids but I can fake it."
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female

Post by Rosalie on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Lazarus wrote:Lazarus came back to the couch and sat down with his drink. "So tell me a little bit about you. What made you come to New York? You seem more like a small town girl to me."

He took a sip of his drink and turned his full attention to her.

Rose gave a small nod at that. "Yeah, I am. From a small, humble town in Tennessee, actually." She smiled a little at that. God, she was so far away from her roots. "I was hoping to get into one of the Universities. But right now, I'm a little torn between psychology and medical science." She told him.

"I like animals... Nicholas Sparks novels, and sweet men." A faint grin hinted at her lips. "How about you?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 pm

"Either one sounds interesting. Me? well. I have two Dobermans that think their lap dogs. I have no idea who Nicholas Sparks is and some say that I am pretty sweet." He added with a smile.

"Lets see what else about me...Well, I work as a bouncer I am, unforutnetly in a gang. Sadly that was something that I thought was a good idea at the time, now...I'm not so sure. Ummmm. I like classical music and dancing."

He took another sip of his drink. "Sure you don't want anything? I can order that take out now."
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female

Post by Rosalie on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Rose smiled as he told about himself. Indeed, this guy seemed like a sweetie. But then, he said something that took her completely by surprise. He was in a gang? Was she hearing him correctly? A cold hard lump formed in her throat, eyes widening with the obvious shock she was feeling.

"...gang?" She managed to ask, her body involuntarily tensing. She recalled what Ju had told her. Stay away from gangs. And now, she was sitting here with a thug, because Ju-Lan said he was okay! What a contradiction! "... you're in a gang?"
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:27 pm

June wrote:"No. Got to keep my girlish figure for my job." June said with a smile. "Water is all I need....Sooooooo they guy here, is he hot? and is the baby a boy or a girl. I don't really like kids but I can fake it."

"Mmm...well you're really missing out!" Daisy said, in between chewing. "What kind of work do you do?" She asked, genuinely curious. With a baby on the way, she seriously needed a job. Maybe this girl could hook her up!

Hearing June's question about the 'guy', she smiled. "Which guy? Chris or Kendall?"

"The baby is a cute widdle boy." She smiled fondly. "Heh.. I can't believe you don't like kids..they are like, the bomb!"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 pm

And that was pretty much the reaction that he was expecting. But he wanted to be honest with the woman. He slowly nodded. "Yeah. I joined because I wanted to keep an eye on things. I'm not very active in the gang, but. I thought that I should be honest with you from the start. I want you to trust me, so I'm not going to hid anything from you."

He smiled sweetly at her. "Sorry. I guess that was maybe a bit to much info for you? "
    June
    Original Character

Female

Post by June on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm

"I'm a dancer." June replied. "I work at the cats tail. So I have to stay in shape." At the mention of two guys, June smiled wider. "Which one is hotter?" June asked. Though she would have to see for herself.

"Kids are noisy, messy, needy, evil little people."
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by Christopher on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:25 pm

After taking care of Travis and dressing himself, Chris finally emerged from the bedroom, with Travis still in his arms. His hair was still tousseled from sleep and of course tossing and turning most of the night. He had Travis laying against his shoulder as he finally entered the kitchen area.

"Mornin' ladies," he said as he walked in, sniffing the air. "Smells good in here."
    June
    Original Character

Female

Post by June on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:33 pm

June turned when Chris spoke up. She noticed the baby in his arms and had to admit that it was kinda cute. But where was the mother? Maybe there was no mother. She smiled brightly at Chris and stood up.

She walked over to him and a pressed a small kiss on Chris'cheek. "Just have a seat handsome and I'll give you all you can eat."
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:41 pm

June wrote:"I'm a dancer." June replied. "I work at the cats tail. So I have to stay in shape." At the mention of two guys, June smiled wider. "Which one is hotter?" June asked. Though she would have to see for herself.

"Kids are noisy, messy, needy, evil little people."

"Oooh.. maybe you could get me a job?" Daisy asked, hopeful. Dancing looked like it could be fun! Naturally, she only saw that aspect of it. Then, she asked which guy was hotter. Well, that was easy! "Mmm.. Kendall!! He's like, the sexiest man in the world!!" She beamed. "But Chris isn't bad, either."

Just then, Chris walked in with Travis, and Daisy smiled at him. "Morning!" She greeted, then looked at the kitchen entrance expectantly for Kendall. Where the heck was he?!?
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female

Post by Rosalie on Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Lazarus wrote:And that was pretty much the reaction that he was expecting. But he wanted to be honest with the woman. He slowly nodded. "Yeah. I joined because I wanted to keep an eye on things. I'm not very active in the gang, but. I thought that I should be honest with you from the start. I want you to trust me, so I'm not going to hid anything from you."

He smiled sweetly at her. "Sorry. I guess that was maybe a bit to much info for you? "

"Yeah, it was." Rose admitted with a slight nod. But still, she wasn't screaming... wasn't running. Even with this new found knowledge, she felt at ease with him. "But, I appreciate your honesty, Laz." She managed a faint grin.

"You just seem too nice to be a gang member. Ju told me I should stay away from gangs, but obviously she thinks you're okay."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:16 am

Laz nodded a little. "Well...She was right. I mean. You get a lot of nice gang members. But then there are those you're better off away from. Sometimes it's easy to tell em apart. Don't worry, Despite being in a gang, I like to think of myself as one of the good guys."

"So Rose. I think that I've talk enough." He said with a chuckle and smiled. "how about we see what Movies Ju has"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:53 am