The Farmhouse

Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

The Farmhouse

Post by Lexi on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Fortunately for Lexi, she had survived Casey's horrible driving. They had made it safely to the old, run-down farmhouse, which could have doubled as a haunted house in some B rated horror flick. Thick layers of dust covered every surface within the interior of the old house. Cob-webs occupied every corner, hanging from virtually every object. It was less than desirable conditions for Lexi, but while she kept her complaints to a minimal, it was still easy to detect her distaste.

Countless hours were spent last night, dusting and sweeping away the massive cob-webs. It did little to help her allergies, but it needed to be done. Besides, it was difficult to sleep. Might as well do something productive with her time. As much as she wanted to clean the entire place, her fatigue finally got the better of her, and she retired, along with Jigs, to one of the spare bedrooms.

Just as she had predicted, her sleep was constantly interrupted by reoccurring nightmares. Her regrets, all repeating themselves so vividly in her mind. It was draining. She hadn't had a full nights sleep since Gabriel was killed. And now, she had Raph to worry about.

Finally after fighting for sleep, and losing, she decided to give up. With a defeated sigh, she headed into the den area, and plopped down on the couch, reaching for the TV remote. The house was quiet, so she assumed that Casey was still sleeping. She felt anxious and alone, but didn't feel right waking him. The man needed his sleep. She would just have to entertain herself until he decided to join the living. She turned on the TV, waiting for the tube to warm up and display a flickering screen. It was frustrating, but it was the closest thing to entertainment she would get here. She aimlessly flipped through channels, searching for something that would catch her interest...

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Re: The Farmhouse

Post by Casey Jones on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 pm

The drive had been long and exhausting but they finally made it to the old beat up farm. It was now a shadow of its former glory from when he was in his teenage years. Before his grandmother had passed away.. He felt a little guilty about letting the place go like that but it was just to far for him to visit regularly.

The horrified look on Lexi's face as she walked in explained it all but he had expected that kind of reaction from a rich woman. The way Raphael described her apartment you would think it was Buckingham Palace! He only sighed at her minimal complaints and went to turn on the generator. It was about the only thing that worked well in this place and soon the power was on.

After that Casey showed Lexi where she could sleep and would leave the rest of the tour til morning. Right now he was to tired to think so he changed into more comfortable clothes and passed out on his bed. He figured Lexi would come get him if she needed him.

Many hours later Casey woke up and used the bathroom down the hallway. On his way back to his room he noticed a light coming from downstairs and went to investigate. It was Lexi of course sitting in the light of the old T.V. He saw that it was flicking and walked over to it so he could mess with the rabbit ears on the T.V. It didn't take long for the picture to become clearer and he spared her a tired grin as he looked in her direction.

"Rough night?" He asked, she didn't look well at all and he found himself wondering if she was normally this way. Until he remembered about what Mikey had told him about losing her friend. The way she was acting you would think she had lost her parents or something other then a street thug. Though he had no way of knowing just how personal that relationship was.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Lexi was so lost in thought that she didn't even notice Casey until he spoke to her. She flashed him a tired smile, and gave a small nod in reply. "Yeah. How about you? Did you get any sleep?" By the looks of it, she was guessing that his night had been as restless as hers. She watched as he worked with the antenna, really not expecting him to make much progress. But soon the picture became more clearer, earning a faint grin.

"Mr. Fix it..."

But her amusement soon turned to horror as she caught a glimpse of the horrible broadcast. She saw a badly beaten Mikey, and a man filling the media full of lies, exposing them to the world! She couldn't believe what she was seeing... what she was hearing. She suddenly found it hard to breath. The world seemed to stop turning in that instant. She looked at Casey, trying hard to form words, but she couldn't find her voice...

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Casey did a little mock bow at Lexi for her comment but soon realized her expression became filled with terror. He gave her an odd look before glancing in the direction of the T.V. and his expression nearly matched hers. It was the Shredder with Mikey laid out on a gurney. Mikey looked badly beaten and unconscious while the Shredder stood there looking smug.

The Shredder then continued his little T.V show with information on some estimated locations to the turtles Lair. Casey looked at it intently but still wasn't sure how off or spot on he was. This was incredibly frustrating and Casey looked as if he were about to foam at the mouth!

The last straw had to be when he put Lexi's picture up on the screen and claimed she was a traitor for being their friend. Casey had been friends with them for five years and knew they were good decent people and didn't deserve this asshole making their lives a living hell!

He couldn't take it anymore and went up and turned off the T.V. He took a few deep breaths while he turned his back to Lexi. Though it didn't help calm him down he was just to enraged to think straight. He didn't know what to do, rather to call the guys to see if they had seen what he had seen, or to gear up and join the fight. He just couldn't believe this was really happening..
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:19 pm

Just when Lexi thought things couldn't get any worse.. they suddenly did. Soon, her picture graced the TV screen, accompanied by Saki's speech regarding her friendship with the turtles. As if the media didn't have enough reasons to document her every move. Everything was suddenly spinning out of control. She felt dizzy...nauseous. Silent tears formed streams down her pale cheeks, a shaky hand reaching up to cover her mouth.

She wanted to call Raph... needed to call him. But she couldn't pull herself from her trance. What could she tell him? If he hadn't seen the news broadcast... did she really want him to know? No. He didn't need the added stress. But the turtles needed to know that they were now being hunted by the city. This broadcast would certainly open the floodgates for amateur trophy hunters, and those simply out to make a name for themselves. It took her a moment, but she finally gathered the strength to look in Casey's direction, her vision obscured by the heavy flow of tears.

"Casey.. we need to.. tell them.."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Casey could hear her crying even though he still had his back to her. It took a long moment before he could even speak. With a heavy sigh he turned around and looked at her. He couldn't blame her for crying he felt the same as her.

He knew he had to call them just to make sure they had caught the horrible broadcast but was more then reluctant to call Raphael. He didn't want to tell him if he didn't already know and would be met with nothing but swearing.So he decided to call Leonardo instead.

"I'll do it." He said sparing her the difficult task as he walked back up the stairs to grab his cell phone. Odviously the farmhouses phone line had been shut down long ago. He went to his room and grabed it out of his bag and then dialed Leonados number.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 am

Leonardo wrote:When Don came back out of his room, Leo looked over at him. Anything that Casey was saying wasn't herd. He had taken the phone from his ear in order to head Don. After his brother explained everything he returned his attention to the phone.

"Sorry, Casey. I can't talk right now. I don't know if you saw the news or not, but we have an emergency here. I'll call you back and let you know what's going on. Bye."

He hung up his phone and tucked it back in his belt. He nodded at Donatello.

"So this could work. What time do you suggest we make our move?"

Casey didn't have time to reply to Leonardo before he quickly hung up. It was alright though at least he now knew that the guys knew about the T.V broadcast. That was all that really mattered. Casey hung up his cell phone and placed it in his pocket as he went back down stairs.

He was still fumming about this whole situation but tried to keep his temper in check. It seemed that Lexi was taking this the hardest and really needed some help with this.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Long after Casey had disappeared up the stairs, Lexi found herself staring blankly at the T.V.'s black screen, trying so hard to process it all. This couldn't be happening. It felt too much like a horrible nightmare. The violent sobs continued to rip through her, causing her body to tremble uncontrollably. Hearing Casey coming down the stairs managed to pull her from her haze.

"Did you... get in touch?" She asked, in between choking sobs.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Casey saw her on the couch and sat down next to her, she was crying so bad that he barely understood what she was saying. He placed his hand on her shoulder to help calm her down. Though he figured it wouldn't do much.

"Yea gotta hold a' Leo, sound's like they saw it but eh' didn't have time ta talk."

He was really starting to worry about her now and the only thing he could think of to do was get her mind off all this.

"Hey why don' we go sit outside, it's a' hell of a' lot lighter out there then it is in 'ere."

He said as he stood up and reached a hand out to her. Thinking a change of scenery and topic would help.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 pm

When Casey joined her on the couch, Lexi made a futile attempt to wipe away the tears, but they wouldn't stop coming. God, how was it even possible to hurt this bad, without being physically wounded? Her tear-filled gaze fixated on Casey's now outstretched hand. Trying hard to compose herself, and failing miserably, her shaky hand weakly took hold of his.

"Okay.." She managed to whisper, and slowly made it to her feet..

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Casey held onto her hand as he lead her to the front pouch. He wanted to have a good grip on her in-case she stumbled, she just didn't look well at all. After he sat her down on the pouch swing he noticed it was a little chilly outside and went in the house. He came out with a red plaid blanket and handed it to her as he took a seat next to her.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and they could see the big lake from where they sat. Not to far from the lake was an old beat up barn. Casey noticed that the lawn could use a good mow, it had been a few months since he had been down here. He then looked over at Lexi, her eyes were red from crying and she looked like a complete mess but he could still tell that she was pretty.

"So wha'do ya like ta do fer' fun? Ya know when yer' not out modelin' er' shoppin'."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 pm

With Casey's assistance, Lexi made it out onto the front porch, and took a seat on the old swing. Her tear-filled gaze drifted across the massive yard, taking in all the scenery. The fresh air was welcomed over the stuffiness of the old farmhouse. She pulled the blanket a little tighter around her, and shifted closer to Casey, resting her head against his shoulder. She literally needed a shoulder to lean on, and saw nothing wrong with the gesture.

Her distant gaze was trained in the lake's direction. The sun's rays glittered across the water's surface, holding her full attention. Her busy schedule left little time for the 'small things'. She had forgotten how beautiful nature was.

"Fun, huh.." She asked, almost distantly. "Hmmm...well, I like to have sex with hot men in the hay-lofts of old barns." She replied, almost straight faced. She was shooting for a little shock-value here, something she was usually pretty good at. But given her mood and how heartbroken she was, it felt a little misplaced. "Sorry.. that was a joke. I've never actually been in a barn before.. and hay doesn't seem too comfortable." She sighed tiredly. "I usually don't have time for fun.. so I don't know what's fun anymore..." And she quickly tried to avert the attention from herself.

"What about you?"

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 am

Casey wasn't bothered by her head resting on her shoulder, she was tired and run down and this swing wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing. He rocked it slightly as she spoke and the swings chains sqeaked.

Though he took her guesture differently when she said she liked to have sex with guys in barns. He immediately braced and backed away from her.

"Look Lexi I.." He began but then loosened up a bit once she revealed that it was just a joke. "heh trust meh it ain't comfortable." He joked back.

He then sat back normally again and answered her question with a grin.

"I like ta play sports. I used ta' play hockey professionally ya know, New York Rangers all the way!" He boasted, it was one of the better chapters in his life even though it was short lived.

"I also play basket ball an' shit like that."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 pm

As expected, the comment had caught Casey off-guard. Hearing him stammer, she couldn't suppress a tiny little grin. If anything was learned from this small mischievous moment, she knew that Casey was a loyal friend to Raph. A man with faltering morals would have come up with a suggestive come-back.

When Casey's posture relaxed, she once again rested her head against his shoulder, craving the closeness of another living soul. It seemed there was a lot of things that Casey used to like to do.

"Why don't you still play?" She asked, unable to silence her curiosity.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 pm

Casey settled down and answered her question. "I injured my knee an' jus' couldn't do it anymore.."He said sadly but then decided to change the subject.

"So.." He began as he changed his saddened expression for a grin. "So if ya don' have time fer' fun then how the hell do ya keep yer'self from goin' crazy? I mean I've hung out wit' Raph a lot an' all but he ain't exactly a' social butterfly."

He was teasing with her, Raphael wasn't that bad.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Lexi gave a small shrug at that. She wasn't completely convinced that she wasn't going crazy. But not for the lack of 'fun'. Or maybe it was. The recent months had been filled with heartache, tears, and confusion. "He's not that bad." She offered Casey a small smile. "I think his problem is that he can only tolerate one person at a time." She shrugged.

"I just hate that I sometimes have no idea what's going through his head. How he feels. I've never met a guy that has so much trouble expressing himself." She sighed deeply. Because of this, she sometimes wondered if Raph really loved her. "Not even Gabriel was that emotionally withdrawn, and that's saying a lot."

"..but I guess it's my own fault, I've probably given him a lot of mixed signals. This just isn't a good time for me."

Lazarus wrote:
    On the way to check out, Laz reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone. He was unsure if he could call Lexi now about this, maybe she wanted to just relax. Maybe she just wanted to forget about the city for a while. But he was so excited to tell her the news. Plus, he had already bought all the stuff! And he was totally up for helping her with the baby. And, if he would be honest with himself, he missed her and wanted to see her again.

So after much debate...He dialed Lexi's number just as he got into the check out line and waited for her to answer.

...but before Casey could answer, the ringing of her cell phone grabbed her full attention. She had brought it out with her, just in case Raph tried calling her. Her heart skipped a beat, hoping and praying that it was him, and that he was calling her with good news. More than anything, she just wanted to hear his voice, to know that he was all right. She wanted him to tell her to come home... that he missed her..

..she quickly pulled the phone from underneath the blanket, all her hopes came crashing down when she noticed the number wasn't his. She didn't recognize it right off, but decided to answer anyway..

"Hello?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Laz smiled when he heard lexi's voice.

"Ello, love." He said in his best British accent. "How are you doing babe? The dragon slayer treating you alright?"

He looked at Rose and Jake excitedly. "You have! To come back to the city. I miss you! And I want you to meet my new friend...annnnd I have a surprise for you."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Well, it might not be Raph, but she couldn't suppress a grin, hearing Laz on the other end of the line. "Hey babe." It was good to hear his voice. Perhaps a little better than it should have been. "Yeah, he's been really nice." She replied, giving Casey a small wink. Even though they still knew very little about each other, and hadn't spent much time together, since arriving at the farm.

She listened as he spoke, growing highly curious about this 'surprise'. "You have a new friend, huh? What, get you another dog?" At least she hoped it was a dog. She couldn't deny, she would be a little jealous if it was some hot girl. "There's like a four hour drive between us, babe." She informed, a bit sadly. It wasn't as simple as hoping in the truck and rushing back to the city. "So.. what's the surprise?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Laz chuckled a little and started to put the items on the conveyor belt to check out. "No I didn't get a new dog. But I think you'll like her and I can't tell you want the surprise is, I want to show you."

"You know...I could come get you. In fact, I would love to come get you."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:11 pm

..and she would love for Laz to come get her. But she realized what a slap in the face that would be for Casey, who'd went to the trouble of putting his life on hold, just to bring her out here.

"I.. don't think it's safe right now. I don't know if you've seen the news, but Shredder has announced my involvement with the turtles." She informed him, and had to fight back the tears. It was bad enough that the paparazzi constantly hounded her, but this would only add fuel to their fire.

"..but, you could come see me?" She suggested, hopeful. She wasn't sure how Casey would feel about that, but didn't think it would be a problem. To her, Laz was completely trustworthy.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 pm

Laz smiled at that. So she didn't want to come back to the city, that was understandable. But at lest she wanted him over there.

"Of course, love! Just tell me where yer at and all be there."

He looked over at Rose and gave her smile. Maybe she could come along too, get out the city for a while. But he wasn't sure how far Rose would trust him. Though he did want to introduce the two girls. Nah, He wouldn't push it.

But he would make sure that rose was ok and taken care of before he left.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm

As eager as Lexi was to see the 'surprise', and have Laz visit, she decided it was probably best to ask Casey's permission first, since this was his farmhouse... every decaying board of it. Besides, she would need for Casey to give Laz directions, since her mind was hazy, and she'd been too worried about the man's driving to notice the way they had came.

She covered the receiver, gazing over at Casey. "Is it okay for Laz to drop by?" She asked, sounding so casual. As if the man was making a short drive to get here. Not a four hour trip. Not a distance that probably meant something...

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Casey was thrown off topic when Lexi's phone rang. At first when she had answered it he thought it was Raphael but listening to the conversation quickly changed his mind.

When she asked him if Laz could come over it looked as if a vein was going to pop in his head. The way she was so casual about it made him wonder about her sanity. Did she even remember there last meeting?!

"No." He answered.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:11 pm

Perhaps she was losing her sanity. She did recall last night, but everything was so vague. A dulled haze by the grief and stress she was being forced to deal with. Seeing his reaction, she frowned deeply. But as much as she wanted to argue with him, when it came down to it.. this was his place. She was the guest. The thorn in his side . The burden he'd been appointed to baby-sit.

"Fine." She huffed back, and returned her attention back to her phone. "Sorry, babe. Casey doesn't want you over here." She informed sadly. Giving Casey a look mixed with irritation and sadness. "Maybe I'll be home soon... if Raph ever calls me." She was seriously beginning to worry. No word from him since last night.

"..so. What's the surprise?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 pm

What the hell was that mans problem!? So he was keeping her prisoner in some mysterious location?

"I'll come get you, babe." He said as he headed back to the van with all of the baby's things. He could call in a few favors and try and track down Lexi by using her cell phone.

"If he's holding you against your will you just let me know. And sorry. I wanna show you your surprise."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:41 am