Lost souls in the aftermath

Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Lost souls in the aftermath

Post by Leonardo on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:05 am

The morning came to soon for Leonardo. And when he woke laid in bed, staring at the dirty ceiling, following the cracks with his eyes. It took all of his will power to push the sheets off of him, and lift himself out of his bed. His body still ached, and he rubbed his sore muscles.

After a while just sitting on the edge of his bed, Leo finally pushed himself to a standing position and pulled his gear on. Once he was ready,he walked out of his bedroom and shuffled into the kitchen. There he saw Splinter, already sitting down with a cup of tea in hand.

He walked over to his sensei and took a seat opposite of him.

"How did you sleep, Leonardo?" Splinter asked softly as he sipped his drink.

Leo laid his head in his hands and sighed. "Not well." He answered then looked up at his father. "I don't know what to do, Master. I feel like I'm failing as a leader, and protector. I let everyone down, We saved Mike, yes, but we lost Don in the process!"

Splinter listened to Leo, nodding his head in understanding. "You have not failed. You have done what you can, and no one can ask more from you then that. We will get Donatello back." He said confidently.

"How? We made a deal, and if Shredder is sticking to the deal, then would it be dishonorable of us to break that deal?"

"Perhaps..."

"But we would be betraying Donatello by NOT going after him!"

Splinter nodded at this.

"So...So what do I do?"

Splinter put his teacup down and reached out, laying a thin claw on Leo's hand. "You do what you feel is right, meditate on it my son."

Feeling drained and defeated, Leo simply nodded then got up from the table. "I'm going to check on Mikey." He informed then walked to Mikey's door and lightly knocked.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Re: Lost souls in the aftermath

Post by Michelangelo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:16 pm

As expected, Mike's sleep was invaded by nightmares that night. Nightmares of the horrific experience that he had survived, the demons; Shredder.. Bishop. And images of his brother, suffering the same fate, all because of him. On several occasions, he woke in a fit of tears. But luckily the medications, and Fraya's warmth helped to lull him back to sleep.

Normally a heavy sleeper, the light knocking at the door surprisingly managed to penetrate his subconscious. Still snuggled close to Fraya, his undamaged eye slid open, trailing in the door's direction. Too sore to even move, he made no effort to do so.

"We're decent... " He replied weakly, his small attempt at humor, despite the overwhelming heartache he was feeling.

Male

Post by Leonardo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Fraya was still asleep, curled up beside Mike. It wasn't till Mike told Leo to come in that she woke up. Even though she was fully dress, she still pulled the covers over herself when Leo came in.

Leo walked in the room and turned on a lamp that was on Mike's desk. "How are you feeling?"
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:07 pm

While Leo left to check up on Mikey. Splinter poured another cup of tea, then another sweet smelling herbal tea for Mikey. With the medicated tea in hand, he walked into Mike's room. He noticed the girl in the bed trying to hide herself, but didn't say anything about it, now wasn't the time, though he felt that soon he would have to have a talk with his youngest.

"I made you some tea, Michelangelo. It will help with the pain, and healing."
    Fraya
    Original Character

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm

When the giant rat walked in the room, Fraya ducked lower in the covers. She was starting to feel very vulnerable. But, she didn't feel unwelcomed. It was more like, they were as curious about her as she was of them, well...Mostly the huge rat. The huge rat that made tea.

She peeked out from the covers when Mike's cat jumped on her and started meowing for attention. She poked her fingers out, careful not to uncover herself, and petted the crying kitten.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:40 am

Leonardo wrote:Fraya was still asleep, curled up beside Mike. It wasn't till Mike told Leo to come in that she woke up. Even though she was fully dress, she still pulled the covers over herself when Leo came in.

Leo walked in the room and turned on a lamp that was on Mike's desk. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore as heck." Mike replied, but that didn't even begin to describe the intensity of the pain he was feeling! Normally he would've pulled out all the guns to get some babying, but he understood that this wasn't the time. His brothers were all hurt, too. And one of them was being held captive.

"How are you, bro? How's Raph?"

He noticed poor Fraya as she tried so desperately to hide beneath the covers. Poor girl. But her antics earned a tiny grin. Unfortunately he wouldn't have a chance to comfort her before his father walked in, trying to push that awful tasting tea off on him. He gave his father a pitiful look, wrinkling his snout in distaste.

"Awww, Sensei... do I have to?" He pleaded, sounding much like a five year old child...

Male

Post by Leonardo on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 am

Leo sat down just as Splinter came in. "I'm doing fine. I don't know about Raph, he hasn't come out his room yet. I'll check on him in a bit." He gave Fraya a small smile, but wondered if she was, in fact, decent under those covers. He couldn't deny that he was a bit jealous of Mike.

But he pushed all that aside. and even managed a small smirk when Mike protested Splinters tea. "You should drink it, Mike. The faster you heal, the faster you can get out of bed and get back to your training."
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:57 am

"Yes, I'm afraid that you must." Splinter answered and pushed the cup closer to Mike's nose. "It will dull your pain." Splinter wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

*Raphael spent most the night tossing and turning his body ached and the pain meds seemed to do little to help. Leonardo had stitched up his arm and leg pretty well though it would still leave quite a scar. Bruises were also showing up all over his body. He laid there on his plastron, on the mattress staring at the clock.

He had heard the news of Donatello staying at the Foot Tower late last night as he was being stitched up. The news was devastating to say the least and it only added to his guilt that he was knocked out cold by that damn Foot Ninja!

He felt that he could have done something to stop it and wondered if Donatello was being pried apart like their poor brother Mikey. The thought just made him feel sick. Was that all they were good for?! Being treated lower then animals and experimented on?

He wondered that for a long moment until Lexi popped into his head. She was the only person he had ever gotten very close to. She made him feel like an actual person and loved him though he never felt he deserved it from someone like her. And in-turn Shredder made his relationship nearly impossible.

Perhaps she would want to leave.. he briefly thought and then shook the thought out of his head entirely. All he needed to do was speak to her, when his mind wasn't scattered in a million pieces.*

Casey Jones wrote:Casey quickly noticed that Jigs had no interest in the burrito so he wrapped it back up and placed it back in the fridge. He was really hoping that it would have worked but it seemed that Jigs was a little more laid back then when they had first met.

Though Jigs still growled a little as Casey got closer. It was then that Casey spotted the muzzle and reached for it, which didn't get a good reaction from Jigs.

"Sorry boy.." Casey said before slipping the muzzle onto Jigs. Thankfully it seemed Jigs was to weak to put up much of a fight. This made Casey frown, he loved dogs and hated to see the little guy so hurt. He patted Jigs on the back before lifting him up in his arms and took him to the truck.

He laid Jigs out on the passengers seat so Jigs could look out the window. He then got in the drivers seat and set out once again for New York. "Ready boy?" He asked but didn't expect to answer, it was just nice to have someone who wasn't on the verge of death to drive with.

And boy was it a long one, the first hour Casey spent thinking about how it was he was going to break the news to Raphael about his girlfriend Lexi. He was still waiting for them to call, to say everything was okay but the longer he waited the more worried he became. Soon he grew tired of waiting and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket while he kept his eye on the road. He was used to multitasking after all.

He decided to call Raphael's number since he was the guy he needed to talk to the most. He waited impatiently for an answer and was silently praying that they were all okay..

*His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of his shell cell. He blindly reached for it on the end table next to his bed but dropped it. He groaned as he lifted part of his body up with his good arm and reached for it again.

He looked at the caller I.D and saw that it was Casey. He didn't know if he was ready for explaining everything that happened or talking to Lexi just yet but answered anyway.*

"Ya.." *He answered sounding very groggy.*

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Casey was relieved to hear Raphael answer the phone, at least that meant that he was alive. He kept one hand on the steering wheel while holding his phone with the other and he couldn't help but ask the obvious question.

"Wha' happened?! Did ya get Mikey outta that hell hole?"

He was dieing of suspense and thought his bad news could wait another few minutes.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:40 pm

*Raphael rubbed his eyes and set himself back down on the mattress. He laid his head on one side and held the phone up to the other side. The question was expected but it was still hard to answer. It hadn't exactly gone as planned. he took a deep breath before he spoke.*

"Ya we got Mikey but they really fucked 'em up.. eh's alive an' talkin' though."

*He swallowed thickly before continuing.*

"We lost Donnie though, Shredder made a deal ta keep 'em an' let the rest of us go. I was knocked out cold so I couldn't stab that son of a' bitch!"

*Raphael sounded angry but also exhausted as if he was completely defeated.*

"How's Lexi?" *He asked thinking that everything was fine on Casey's end.*

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Casey felt as pissed as Raphael was, he already figured Mikey was in bad shape after watching the Shredders broadcast. But he never expected the Shredder to let them go in exchange for Donatello. Things must have really gotten out of control and he understood why Raphael sounded so tired.

"Jesus..." He muttered over the phone. He had more questions to ask about Mikey and especially about Donatello but was sidetracked as soon as Raphael mentioned Lexi. He glanced over at Jigs, who was just staring out the window and he didn't seem to far off from her. He would have patted him on the back if his hands weren't full at the moment.

He thought for a moment about how he was going to say this. There was noway he could think of to make it easier so he just said it.

"There was a' lil' accident back at the Farm House.. I walked out fer' a' sec' an' came back an' found er' passed out on the floor.. I think she must a' took to many pills cuz I found a' bunch of 'em on the floor. She's in the hospital, now I'm on my way back ta New York wit' Jigs.."

Casey was already preparing himself for Raphael's response, he knew it wasn't going to be a good one.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:24 pm

*Raphaels breathing got heavier over the phone as he processed what he had just heard. Just as Casey had suspected Raphaels reaction wasn't positive.*

"WHAT!? Why the fuck didn't ya watch er'?!" *The words exploded over the phone as Raphael tried to sit upright.*

"I asked ya ta do one thin' an' ya couldn't damn well do it!" *He hissed again over the phone, his mind was now in overdrive. Lexi had tried to take her own life..? How could she do such a thing?! At first Raphael denied it, thought Casey had to be wrong. But the way he explained it made it sound that way.

Raphael was so upset that he was almost shaking, and thought that he should have called her..Maybe talking to her would have made her feel better and stopped what she had done. Though right now those thoughts were not helping him and was infact driving him deeper into depression.

He tried to calm himself down enough to ask Casey about the hospital.*

"Which one did ya take er' to?! Wha' room is she in?!"
    Fraya
    Original Character

Post by Fraya on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 am

Splinter wrote:"Yes, I'm afraid that you must." Splinter answered and pushed the cup closer to Mike's nose. "It will dull your pain." Splinter wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer.

Fraya finally came out the covers enough to look at Mike. She laid a hand on his cheek and looked at him with pleading eyes. "If it's going to help you. You should drink it. For me?" She flashed him a sweet smile then laid her cheek on his shoulder.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Gah.. he was not wanting to drink that stuff!!! It always left a bad aftertaste in his mouth, but knew that his father and brother would be unrelenting. Then, Fraya emerged just enough to 'bribe' him. Man, so not fair! But his reluctance softened, and he gave a small nod. Holding his breath, he quickly swallowed the tea, shuddering as it slid down his throat.

"Ugh.. man... major ewww.." He complained, sticking his tongue out as if airing it off would help with the aftertaste.

"Any word from Donnie?" He asked hopefully. Surely their brainy brother would've found some way to make contact with them by now, right?

Male

Post by Leonardo on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Leo shook his head at Mike's question. "No not yet. But I'm sure that he will find a way to contact us soon." If he can, he thought sadly.

Splinter took the cup back after Mike drank all of the tea. He would be back in a few hours with another cup. He frowned at Mike's question, but agreed with Leo. If Don can. He will find a way to contact them. He had no doubt. It was then that he heard Raph. He peeked out the door then turned back to the others.

"It seems Raphael is awake. I will go make him some tea as well." He said and walked out the room to head to the kitchen.

Leo gave mike a light pat on the shoulder. "You just rest up. If we hear anything I'll let you know. And just call if you need anything." He looked over at Fraya, who quickly ducked back under the covers, leaving only her eyes and nose out the covers. He gave her a slight bow then he two left to go see his other brother.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Raphael wrote:*Raphaels breathing got heavier over the phone as he processed what he had just heard. Just as Casey had suspected Raphaels reaction wasn't positive.*

"WHAT!? Why the fuck didn't ya watch er'?!" *The words exploded over the phone as Raphael tried to sit upright.*

"I asked ya ta do one thin' an' ya couldn't damn well do it!" *He hissed again over the phone, his mind was now in overdrive. Lexi had tried to take her own life..? How could she do such a thing?! At first Raphael denied it, thought Casey had to be wrong. But the way he explained it made it sound that way.

Raphael was so upset that he was almost shaking, and thought that he should have called her..Maybe talking to her would have made her feel better and stopped what she had done. Though right now those thoughts were not helping him and was infact driving him deeper into depression.

He tried to calm himself down enough to ask Casey about the hospital.*

"Which one did ya take er' to?! Wha' room is she in?!"

Casey held the phone away from his ear as Raphael yelled. Though he could still hear him perfectly, and could probably hear it from a mile away. Even though he understood Raphael's bad mood, he still didn't appreciate being yelled at after he had gone through hell trying to get Lexi to the hospital.

He was tired and equally frustrated but he would tell Raphael what he knew though it wasn't much.

"She's at the Metropolitan Hospital an' I don't know wha' room yet! It's still gonna be a' couple hours til I can get there. I gotta drop er' dog off at my place." He said hopping that would be enough for now.
    Fraya
    Original Character

Post by Fraya on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 am

Fraya chuckled at his reaction, but was happy that he finally drank the tea. She wrapped an arm lightly around Mike's middle and looked at the others as Leo explained about Don. "I'm sure he's fine, Mike." Fraya said, trying to calm any of Mike's fears. "I can call one of my friends in there and see if she knows anything if you want."
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Casey Jones wrote:

Casey held the phone away from his ear as Raphael yelled. Though he could still hear him perfectly, and could probably hear it from a mile away. Even though he understood Raphael's bad mood, he still didn't appreciate being yelled at after he had gone through hell trying to get Lexi to the hospital.

He was tired and equally frustrated but he would tell Raphael what he knew though it wasn't much.

"She's at the Metropolitan Hospital an' I don't know wha' room yet! It's still gonna be a' couple hours til I can get there. I gotta drop er' dog off at my place." He said hopping that would be enough for now.

*It wasn't the answer he was expecting, he thought for sure that Casey would be on top of all that but of course he wasn't! The only thing that was stopping him from completely losing it was the fact that Casey had Jigs. He knew how much Lexi loved that dog and would want him to be taken care of.

Raphael was silent for a moment, he didn't think he could wait that long to hear that she was alright. He wished that he could just run into the hospital and stay with her but that was the reality of being a mutant..He was determined to figure something out though. Right now all he could do was wait, it seemed to be all he could do lately.*

"Fine!" *Raphael yelled into the phone but lowered his voice as he continued.* "Ya better call meh as soon as ya get there Case!" *His tone was threatening but there really wasn't anything else he could say. He then hung up the phone and was so angry that he almost threw it and would have if it wasn't his only lifeline to Lexi.

Instead he settled on taking it out on his end table which he pushed over as he grunted in frustration.*
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Leo walked to Raph's door, once there he could hear Raph talking, and as usual he didn't sound to happy. Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Leo lightly knocked on Raph's door. "Raph you ok?"
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 pm

Mike frowned when his brother informed him that they hadn't heard anything from Don. He really hoped that poor Donnie wasn't suffering the same fate that he had. He wouldn't wish that on anyone! When Leo left, his saddened gaze shifted to Fraya as she spoke, his look of grief turning slightly hopeful.

"Really... you could do that?"

Post by Fraya on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Fraya sat up in the bed, knocking poor Klunk over. She reached down and picked up the kitten and smiled at Mike. "Sure I can. I can call Rini. She usually knows everything that's going on, I just need a phone."
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Leonardo wrote:Leo walked to Raph's door, once there he could hear Raph talking, and as usual he didn't sound to happy. Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Leo lightly knocked on Raph's door. "Raph you ok?"

*Suddenly Raphael heard knocking on his door along with Leonardo's voice coming through it. He was still fuming from the phone conversation but did manage to answer Leonardo.*

"Peachy!" *He yelled sarcastically and stayed sitting on the bed.* "Wha' the hell do ya want?"
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 am

Leo opened the door and walked into Raph's room. "I was just coming to see how you were doing." He explained. "And from your attitude I take it that you are feeling better."
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 am

Splinter came in right behind Leo with a cup of tea for Raph. He walked close to the bed and handed Raph the tea. "Drink this, it will help your injuries and perhaps sooth you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 am