The Fallen

Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

The Fallen

Post by Lexi on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:44 am

Bloodshot eyes rolled back beneath paled lids as the intruding light tugged at her subconscious. Submerged voices surrounded her, skimming the surface of her hazed awareness. She could barely make out the words, but they sounded frantic, and she could feel their hands as they worked with her. What was happening to her?!?

"Just a few questions, please?" A news reporter begged as he managed to push himself into the ER treatment area where the fallen hometown celebrity was currently being worked on. "Are you serious? She's not even conscious!"  One of the male nurses shot back, just as the security guards shoved the camera-happy intruder out of the room. But not before he could snap a few shots.

The medical staff were growing frustrated. It was nearly impossible to work on their patient with the growing crowds, all gawking from behind the human barricade of  security guards. But the hospital wasn't currently staffed with enough guards to keep the paparazzi, avid fans, and news reporters at bay.  Nothing was more amusing than witnessing the 'fall' of a celebrity, and Lexi had been on the downward spiral ever since her publicized rape, over a year ago. But now more fuel had been added to the media's fire. The controversial celebrity was now accused of being associated with the green monsters that threatened the city. Now, there was even more reason for the citizens to cast their crude judgment upon her.

"I can't get an IV in..." Came the frantic voice of one of the interns. The added pressure of the growing crowd, coupled with their patient's involuntary jerking made it impossible to hit the vein. The nurse took over while the other tried to restrain the arm, but he was still distracted by the noises emitting from behind the curtain.

"Can someone make sure they're ordering more security?! I want these people out of here!!" The doctor hissed as he shoved his way past the masses, approaching the bed where his patient laid.

"Oh, for the love of God.. why did they have to bring her here.." The doctor complained as he realized who she was, and remembered all the attention she had drown before. Their hospital just wasn't equipped to deal with a celebrity, and the attention she was already drawing. But he wouldn't deny her treatment.

"Run blood tests.." He ordered, and eyed the pill fragments that were contained in a ziplog bag. They had been found strewn around her unconscious form, back at the farm. "Toxicology screen.. go ahead and pump her stomach. Then get her up to the VIP room. I want security posted outside her door at all times.."

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-07-04

Re: The Fallen

Post by Mason on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm

It was Mason that heard the commotion going on in one of the warehouses. He was in the area doing some work for his father in one of the private warehouse, the one he was in was quite a ways away, and he wouldn't have known anything was going on if it wasn't for Mikko's ear piercing screams.

He ignored it at first, but the screams continued, And started to be mixed with horrific gurgling noises. Something was wrong. He had no idea that his sister was being killed, but someone was getting hurt. He quickly called the cops and told them what he was hearing.

Mason continued listing to the noise, it was when everything went silent that he started to worry. There was no more screams, no more gurgling noise, no more men's voices. Everything became early quite.

The sirens in the distance broke that silence as they rushed closer. He peeked out his warehouse door and saw many men running out of another warehouse that was sitting on the docs. He then watched the gang leader, Hun, calmly walk out wiping his hands off and getting into a black car.

He ducked back in his building as they past him.

When the cops and ambulance finally got to the scene, Mason locked up and ran to the docks to see what was going on. He was horrified to see his sister, nude, bloody and unresponsive. The paramedics cut her down and laid her on a gurney, she had stopped breathing and needed a machine to help breath for her. Once she was ready to be transported to the hospital they put her in the back of the ambulance.

Mason jumped in the back with her, But had to fight to stay there.

The ride to the hospital was a long one. She was pulled out the ambulance and quickly rolled into the hospital. Mason was pushed away as doctors and nurses worked on Mikko. They brought her to the ER for emergency surgery, they would do what they could, but the doctors weren't hopeful...
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:37 pm

After they had gotten all the baby stuff together, Laz brought Rose back home, then spent the rest of the night on his couch looking after Jake.

Jake slept all night, whish worried him a bit, knowing that the baby was sick, he was often laying his hand lightly on Jake's chest to make sure that he was breathing and alright. Needless to say, he didn't get much sleep.

When morning came and Jake woke. Laz turned on the TV and changed Jake's diaper, clothed him and brought him to the kitchen for Breakfast.

It was when Jake was just finishing up Breakfast that the News showed Lexi. Laz watched the TV as he felt his heart jump in his throat. She looked horrible. "Come on Jake, we're going to take a little trip to the hospital." Laz quickly got dressed and packed all of Jake's things up. He fed his dogs and they were out the door.

The ride to the hospital was a short one with Laz's driving. He parked and grabbed Jake and the baby bag and rushed inside. "I'm here to see Lexi. The woman that was just brought in, I saw it on the news." He told the receptionist frantically. The woman looked at the man and shook her head. "Sorry no one is allowed to see her."

"But I'm family!" He insisted.

The woman wasn't buying it and he was only starting to get the attention of reporters that figured he would have information about Lexi. "Great..." Luckily a nearby security guard got the reporters away, but not before they snapped a few pics of him and the baby. "I NEED to see Lexi! I'm her boyfriend, this her baby!" The same guard took Laz aside and talked with him for a bit. After some fancy talking and some lies, he was finally able to see Lexi.

He walked into her room with Jake and laid the baby bag down on the ground. He reached out and took Lexi's hand. "Babe? Can you hear me?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

The medical staff were all baffled when the charcoal had nothing to bind to. The celebrity's stomach was empty. Still skeptical, the tests were ran, and once again, no drugs were found in her system. But it did show the real culprit in Lexi's current condition. Dehydration, and malnutrition.

After the tests were done, Lexi was taken up to the VIP room. The same room she had stayed in after her encounter with Spike. Fortunately for her, she was still unconscious, and would be spared the painful recognition that would greet her all too soon.

Soon after being placed inside the room, she was hooked to more IVs. The security hovered thickly outside her door, making it difficult for anyone to get past. But Laz was granted access. Lexi was oblivious of his presence at first, unaware of what she had just gone through. The charcoal was still evident on her pale lips, her hands cold beneath Laz' touch. Countless minutes passed, but the familiar voice, and his warm touch earned a small response. Her cold fingers gently returned his squeeze...

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Laz leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Babe..." He whispered to her, his lips brushing against her cold skin. "You're going to be ok. I'm here now and I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

He let go of her hand to grab a tissue from the shelf and gently wipe the charcoal from her lips. "I love you, Lexi. So you have to get better.Because I don't know what I would do with out you." Laz didn't know what had happen yet, but took the charcoal that was on her lips as a clue. He took her hand again and raised it to his lips, planting a soft kiss against her pale knuckles.
    Marley
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Luckily, Marley had been able to get some sleep. But she found herself waking up every so often, checking to make sure he was still breathing. But she could feel his breath, hear his heart as it beat rhythmically beneath her ear. Thankfully the nightmares had stayed at bay, and she was able to get some rest.

The small amount of light that filtered through the blinds managed to tug at her subconscious. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, wincing slightly from the pain in her stomach and arms. She was extremely sore, and hurting. But even so, she couldn't suppress the tiny smile that spread across her lips. It felt good waking up beside him, his face being the first thing that greeted her. She smothered him in light kisses, but tried hard not to wake him. As sore as she was, she couldn't even imagine how sore he would be. But hopefully the medication would dull it.

She didn't want to move, too caught up in the bliss of his closeness, and his radiating warmth. But she really had to pee! Still, she was reluctant to move, too afraid that her actions would wake him...
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by Remey on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:30 pm

The light coming through the blinds, and Marley's soft lips pulled Remey from his sleep. He was sore, every little movement hurt, it was definitely worse today. He opened his eyes and turned his head to her.

"Morning..." He whispered and even managed a small smile. "Sleep ok?"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:50 pm

"Sorry, baby. Hope I didn't wake you." She whispered against his lips, giving him a sympathetic look. "Yeah. Did you?" She asked, brushing her fingers lightly over his cheek. "How do you feel?"

She squirmed a little as her bladder reminded her of its need. Now that he was awake, should could make a mad dash to the bathroom. But not without checking on him first. Hearing no sounds coming from June's direction, she assumed her friend was still sleeping.
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

"Nah I was already up." He lied and kissed her lips. "I'm ok. A little sore. what about you?"

He notice her squirming around and gave her a lopsided grin. "You ok there?"
    June
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by June on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:50 pm

June was awake and staring at the ceiling. She listened to the two talk and wished that she had someone that would lay in her bed and make sure that she was ok. Then again, who needs that? Someone hovering over you all the time. She didn't need that, nope.

"Wonder when they'll be bringing us breakfast?"
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:00 am

The day had been very busy for Serenity. She was up bright and early to get to the hospital. She didn't get much sleep, but was looking forward to seeing her patents and to see how Daisy and Kendall were doing. She didn't expect the hospital to be so chaotic!

After taking care of her coma patent, she was directed to Lexi's room. She walked in and made sure that she had fresh sheets and pillows, and tried to make the woman as comfortable as she could.

Then she was directed to Mikko's room. But she knew Mikko, and she knew what Mikko meant to Daisy and seeing the girl laying in bed, fresh from surgery and on life support, really hit Serenity hard. She walked to the side of Mikko's bed and sat down in the chair. She heard Mason talking to the the doctors outside, sounded like they were discussing their options.

She had to tell Daisy Kendall and Chris. They should be allowed to say their goodbyes.

She stood up and sadly walked to Daisy's room, she opened the door and peeked in. "You two awake?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Babe..." He whispered to her, his lips brushing against her cold skin. "You're going to be ok. I'm here now and I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

He let go of her hand to grab a tissue from the shelf and gently wipe the charcoal from her lips. "I love you, Lexi. So you have to get better. Because I don't know what I would do with out you." Laz didn't know what had happen yet, but took the charcoal that was on her lips as a clue. He took her hand again and raised it to his lips, planting a soft kiss against her pale knuckles.

The voice continued to speak, holding her focus. It was something for her fatigued mind to grasp, something to hold onto Something to follow out of this suffocating darkness. She couldn't comprehend the words, but the voice was so familiar. So warm and inviting.

It took great effort but her dark eyelids slowly fluttered open, bloodshot gaze fixating on Laz, holding a tired look of confusion...

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:49 pm

laz smiled at Lexi and laid a hand on her cheek. "Hey." He noticed that she looked confused. Did she reconize him? Did she know she was in the hospital?

"Yer in the hospital. Do you know what happen, love?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 pm

At first, she didn't recognize him. And she hadn't realized where she was, just yet. She could only stare at him as his words caught up with her... and then it registered who he was. A shaky hand reached up to pull the oxygen mask from her face...

"..How'd... you get here?" She asked in a raspy voice, believing she was still at the farm. She felt the overwhelming soreness in her throat, the chalky aftertaste still lingering in her mouth. Too overwhelmed with her situation and the unknown, she had yet to notice the baby...

"What... happened... to me?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Lazarus Leaned close to her, and placed his forehead on hers. "I don't know, love. You're in the hospital. They had to pump your stomach." Laz held back the tears that were forming from worry. He smiled and kissed her charcoal lips. "I was so scared. But you're going to be ok. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise I'll take care of you."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Hospital? They had pumped her stomach? Why? Lexi winced from the overwhelming headache that was beginning to make itself known, but felt comfort in the warmth of Laz' closeness as he rested his forehead against hers. She tried desperately to remember what had happened, but her memory was a blur. She could vaguely remember the handful of ambien, and antidepressants...

..she just wanted it all to stop. The grief. The pain. She just wanted to sleep without hearing his voice. But had she actually taken them all? Her memory was still too fuzzy. Then, she felt Laz' lips as they pressed against hers, taking her by surprise. It wasn't the usual brotherly peck on the cheek. It felt so personal. But she didn't refuse him, figuring it was nothing more than him conveying his concern for her.

A shaky hand reached up, brushing at his tears. But she couldn't say that it would be all right. Not when she felt this broken inside. Her tired gaze scanned the room, but she saw no familiar faces. No Casey. She briefly wondered where he was, but figured he had bailed on her. Hell, she couldn't blame him. She wouldn't wish herself on anyone.

Her slender fingers interlocked with his, giving his hand a weak squeeze. "Don't.. leave.." She gave him a pleading look, not wanting to be alone.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Laz gave her hand a light squeeze. "I'm not going anywhere, love. There is no other place that I rather be, then right here with you." He gave her a smile and again pressed his lips to her knuckles.

"But I want you to meet someone."

He let go of her hand so that he could move Jake for Lexi to see. "His name's Jacob."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Hearing his words earned a weak smile from Lexi. Even if she had a hard time believing that anyone would want to be here with her. There was a genuineness to his voice that deeply touched her. "You're a... good friend." She managed to say, but swallowed thickly from her efforts. God, just talking hurt more than it probably should have.

Her eyes slid closed as she weakly squeezed his hand, but opened them once again as he introduced someone. Her gaze fixated on the tiny baby in his arms; the baby she had failed to even notice before. She managed a weak smile as she reached out with an unsteady hand, and gently caressed the infant's cheek.

"He's beautiful." She replied hoarsely, her gaze still taking him in. She loved babies, but this little guy was exceptionally cute. Even at such a young age, he had such expressive, deep green eyes. She carefully reached up and gently twirled a finger in one of the baby's golden locks. He looked so familiar, even though she had never met him before.

"Heh.. kid's gonna ...be a real heartbreaker." She touched the baby's nose, then allowed her tired hand to drop, now giving Laz a curious look. "Didn't know.. you had a kid."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:23 pm

Laz watched Lexi interact with the baby and smiled. He then carefully slipped into the bed with Lexi, Gently putting his arm around her so that she could lean on him.

"I don't...Lexi...This is Gabe's son." He then went on to explain what had happen with Fal, and how Fal wanted Lexi to have Jake because she couldn't take care of him. Once he was done explaining everything to her, he paused for a moment, letting her take it all in.

"But, don't worry. You wont be doing it alone. I already bought all the baby stuff. And I'll continue to help with him."
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Remey wrote:"Nah I was already up." He lied and kissed her lips. "I'm ok. A little sore. what about you?"

He notice her squirming around and gave her a lopsided grin. "You ok there?"

But she wasn't buying his lie. "I'm okay." She replied and returned his kiss, a sheepish grin tugging across her lips. "Heh.. I have to pee sooo bad.."

Then, June's voice earned her attention. She cast a glance in her friend's direction, flashing her a smile. "How're you feeling?" She asked, and slowly began pushing herself up into a sitting position. She really needed to find that bathroom!
    June
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by June on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:53 pm

June laughed at Marley and sat up in the bed. "Then go pee. The bathroom is like, right there beside you." Then June's expression turned serious.

"I'm busting out of here. Going to go kill that bastard that shot me up."
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Remey kissed Marley's nose. "Maybe you should take care of that then." He said with a smile. "But hurry, don't want your spot to get cold."

He pulled the covers up over himself. "Speaking of cold, I'm going to have to ask for more sheets, it's freezing in here!"

He then looked over at June and shook his head. "And you young lady will stay your butt in that bed. You don't need to be going after guys in your condition. Don't make me have to tie you down."

But the sudden naughty look on Junes face at his words, he quickly realized that he needed to choose his words carefully around the woman.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz watched Lexi interact with the baby and smiled. He then carefully slipped into the bed with Lexi, Gently putting his arm around her so that she could lean on him.

"I don't...Lexi...This is Gabe's son." He then went on to explain what had happen with Fal, and how Fal wanted Lexi to have Jake because she couldn't take care of him. Once he was done explaining everything to her, he paused for a moment, letting her take it all in.

"But, don't worry. You wont be doing it alone. I already bought all the baby stuff. And I'll continue to help with him."

Lexi was a bit taken aback when Laz slipped into the bed with her. But this was Laz. One of the sweetest people she knew. He was simply trying to offer her comfort, something she honestly needed right now. She slid close to him, resting her head against his chest. God, his warmth felt amazing against her cold skin.

Then, he spoke the words that nearly stopped her heart. The world suddenly stood completely still, the room dropping into a silence that would've made a pin drop audible. Gabe's son? She could only stare at him in complete shock, her gaze once again drifting to the tiny baby in Laz' arms. Now, she understood why he looked so familiar. He was the spitting image of his father.

She felt the warm tears brimming at the corners of her eyes as Laz informed her of his meeting with Fal, and her apparent decision to give up her son. Because he was sick? Because he looked like Gabriel? How could any mother give up something so precious?! It took a while for it to sink in... Fal wanted her to adopt Jake? Her head was spinning. This couldn't have come at a worse time. It felt like a cruel tease. Something she always wanted being dangled right before her face. But was she ready? What if she was unfit? What if fate had taken away her ability to be a mother for a reason?

It was all so overwhelming. She couldn't express her feelings, or her thoughts. She finally broke, the tears streaming down her cheeks with no prayer of being contained. She buried her face against Laz' shoulder, trying to steady her quiet sobs...

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:24 pm

It wasn't the reaction that Lazarus was expecting, then again, he didn't know what he was expecting. He held Lexi close and leaned down to kiss the top of her head.

"You wont have to do this alone, Lexi." He told her softly. "I'll be here for you, and for Jake." He rubbed her back soothingly. "I love you, babe. I wouldn't just leave you. And I know that you will be a wonderful mother."

He lifted her head up so that she was looking at him, he wiped her tears from her face. "I know you have a boyfriend and all...but...I have to ask anyway. Will you marry me, Lexi?" He smiled at her then took off a silver ring that he was wearing. He took her hand and slipped the ring on her finger. "A little big...But it'll do." He gave her a wink and kissed her nose.
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Serenity wrote:The day had been very busy for Serenity. She was up bright and early to get to the hospital. She didn't get much sleep, but was looking forward to seeing her patents and to see how Daisy and Kendall were doing. She didn't expect the hospital to be so chaotic!

After taking care of her coma patent, she was directed to Lexi's room. She walked in and made sure that she had fresh sheets and pillows, and tried to make the woman as comfortable as she could.

Then she was directed to Mikko's room. But she knew Mikko, and she knew what Mikko meant to Daisy and seeing the girl laying in bed, fresh from surgery and on life support, really hit Serenity hard. She walked to the side of Mikko's bed and sat down in the chair. She heard Mason talking to the the doctors outside, sounded like they were discussing their options.

She had to tell Daisy Kendall and Chris. They should be allowed to say their goodbyes.

She stood up and sadly walked to Daisy's room, she opened the door and peeked in. "You two awake?"

Daisy had slept most of yesterday, well into the day. She was just so exhausted from her ordeal, and the medications that she would unfortunately have to continue taking until her little Zoe was born. She was curled up in her bed, snuggled against Kendall. Part of her had been concerned about him staying here, afraid that he would be recognized. But she couldn't deny how relieved she was to have him here with her. It certainly helped her rest better.

A familiar voice managed to catch her attention, causing her to finally open her eyes. Her sleepy gaze traveled in Serenity's direction, managing a tired grin. But that grin quickly melted away, noticing the worry that she wore so openly on her features.

"..you okay?" She asked sleepily, slowly pushing herself into a sit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 am