Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Re: The Fallen

Post by Remey on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:26 am

Remey grinned at that. "Yeah I think so. It's amazing what good sex will do."

"Uh...Yeah I think she did. But I don't know much about her, I think my friend Lazarus knows her pretty well though, why?" He asked wondering what Marley knew about the woman.

"All I know is she's a model, and hangs out with the wrong crowd. least that's what the news says."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:30 am

Laz snuggled close to Lexi."thanks. and you're hotter then...well then anyone. And noooo not a fan of the glittery vamps. Give me blood and guts any day."

He straiten out his hair and kissed her cheek.

"Nope don't mind at all!"

When Lexi asked about Rose he got quiet for a bit. He did like Rose, but knew that she had been through a lot and didn't feel that she was ready for anything. "Ummm...Well...Rose is just a friend. She's new to the city and didn't get a very good welcome, so the last think on her mind is a relationship."
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by Christopher on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity held strong, she couldn't break down, she had to be there for them. She turned her attention to Kendall. "She's upstairs. I'll bring you both up there, and call Chris. He should be here see her too."

She looked back at Daisy and pulled her in for a hug. "I'm sorry Daisy. maybe Chris can tell us more about why she left the asylum."

She took out her phone, and let Daisy go. She then called Chris.

After Mikko had left, Chris was seriously debating on what to do next. He just watched his love walk out the door, quite possibly to her death. He was a bundle of nerves right now. He even thought of going after her. But then he thought of her last request. To take care of Travis and get him to safety. That made the decision even easier for him...just slightly.

He couldn't bear the thought of losing Mikko like this, but Travis was still a part of her. Unfortunately, not his by blood, but he was the closest to a father figure the boy had. The really sad part was the little life inside her now - that really was his - may never know its father.

Seeing how late it was, he knew he should get some sleep. He had lots to do to get ready in the morning for the big move. It was too late to do anything right then. So after taking care of Travis' necessities, he curled up on the couch and slipped into an uneasy sleep.

He woke up early the next morning and started getting ready to leave. He already had Travis taken care of and was finishing the final preparations before they left the apartment. Luckily there wasn't much to carry because the walk would be a long one to get to his vehicle.

Suddenly, he heard his phone ring that was on the table. He rushed to it to see who was on the caller id, in the vain hope that it was Mikko saying she was coming home. But then he saw the number wasn't hers. And he had no idea who was on the other line. With his heart sinking, he picked up.

"Yeah?"
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 pm

Serenity was leading everyone out the door when Chris answered. "Chris...It's Serenity. You need to come to the Metropolitan hospital as soon as you can. Mikko's here and...I think her brother is about to take her off the life-support."
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by Christopher on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

What the f... Chris' eyes widened, nearly breaking the phone in two from the combination of anger and and worry. "I'll be right there," he told her, not waiting for Serenity to finish before shutting his phone. Then he made a mad-dash to grab Travis and his diaper bag only before leaving the apartment. The rest he would get later.

From the strenuous walking pace he set to get back to the car, he made it there in record time. He kept hoping this was all some cruel joke at his expense and he would go there and find out she was perfectly fine. But he knew Hun. He also knew word had to gotten out about her betrayal and she was on pretty much everyone's shit-list by now.

He strapped Travis in, still wishing he had a carseat for the baby. But for now, it would do. Then he got in the driver's seat and took off towards the hospital.

Just hang in there, babe...
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity was leading everyone out the door when Chris answered. "Chris...It's Serenity. You need to come to the Metropolitan hospital as soon as you can. Mikko's here and...I think her brother is about to take her off the life-support."

Daisy returned Serenity's hug, but still couldn't fully grasp the situation. She was still in disbelief. But they would all see. They would go to the room, and it wouldn't be Mikko laying there, hooked up to some awful machine. They would see.

Still, despite her refusal to believe, she couldn't stop the tears from falling as they followed Serenity towards their destination. She felt sick; dizzy and nauseous from all the stress, and her own ordeal. But she was determined to make it to that room. Determined to prove them wrong.
    Marley
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Remey wrote:Remey grinned at that. "Yeah I think so. It's amazing what good sex will do."

"Uh...Yeah I think she did. But I don't know much about her, I think my friend Lazarus knows her pretty well though, why?" He asked wondering what Marley knew about the woman.

"All I know is she's a model, and hangs out with the wrong crowd. least that's what the news says."

Hearing his comment about good sex, Marley flashed a devious smile, and leaned in to catch his lips in a kiss. She allowed it to linger, then carefully snuggled up against him.

"I think she's the one that dated Gabriel, the Dragon that the Turks murdered." She gave a small shrug, not knowing all the details. She had known Gabriel. He had helped her out on a few occasions. He was a good man, but she had been forced to bury her personal feelings regarding his death, since he was the sworn enemy of her ex-boyfriend's gang.

Soon, the nurse returned with the trays of food, placing them on the small tables beside the bed. Once again, Remey had been 'blessed' with soup. Marley gave him a sympathetic look, knowing he was probably craving 'real' food. Seeing her own breakfast, the normal sausage, eggs and toast, she just couldn't eat that in front of him. She slid the tray back, giving the nurse an apologetic look.

"Can I get soup, too?"

The nurse seemed to understand. "Sure thing." With that, she took Marley's tray, and headed out of the room. Now, Marley turned her attention to Remey, flashing him a smile as she held the bowl for him. "Mmm.. you got tomato today." She offered him a spoonful.

"Need me to feed you to, June?" She teased her friend, figuring the woman was watching her weight... as always.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Serenity hung up the phone, then silently brought the couple upstairs to see Mikko.

As they walked to the room, Serenity saw Mason talking to some more doctors, then the doctors and Mason slipped inside Mikko's room. "oh no..." She said quietly to herself. Did he decided that it was better to let Mikko go, surly he didn't want his sister to live like a vegetable.

She quickly ran to the room just in time to see them start taking her off the machine. "Wait! She has family that wants to say goodbye first." Luckily the doctors understood and so did Mason, though he had no idea who the 'family' was. Then he remembered Chris. "Yeah...lets wait." He said quietly and sat down next to her bed.
    June
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by June on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:23 am

June watched as Marley fed Remey and wrinkled her nose. "If I ever get to the point that I can't feed myself. Just shoot me." She took two small sips of her soup then pushed the bowl away. "I'm bored. I think I'm going to go see if there are any hot doctors around."

Remey sipped the soup and smiled. "You are way to good to me." Hearing June he turned and looked at her. "Good luck."
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:29 am

Serenity wrote:Serenity hung up the phone, then silently brought the couple upstairs to see Mikko.

As they walked to the room, Serenity saw Mason talking to some more doctors, then the doctors and Mason slipped inside Mikko's room. "oh no..." She said quietly to herself. Did he decided that it was better to let Mikko go, surly he didn't want his sister to live like a vegetable.

She quickly ran to the room just in time to see them start taking her off the machine. "Wait! She has family that wants to say goodbye first." Luckily the doctors understood and so did Mason, though he had no idea who the 'family' was. Then he remembered Chris. "Yeah...lets wait." He said quietly and sat down next to her bed.

Once they were within view of Mikko's room, Daisy shoved past the doctors and the strange man who apparently was posing as her brother. She was upset that these people would even consider pulling the plug on her sister... if in fact it was Mikko laying in that bed. She still wasn't convinced, even as she stepped closer to the bed.

The person laying there was so bruised, bloodied and swollen that she almost didn't recognize her. But as her tear-filled gaze completely took her in, there was no mistaking. It was her sister. Unable to control herself, Daisy completely broke down.

"NOOO!!" She screamed, loud enough to alert the entire hospital of her heartache. She took Mikko's hand, giving it a firm squeeze. "Mikko...can you hear me?" She managed through her body-wrenching sobs, leaning in to press her forehead against Mikko's. "It's me... Daisy.." She choked out, and carefully slid into the bed with her.

"I love you, sis.. so you gotta hang on, okay?" She shot Mason a death-glare, then returned her full attention to her comatose sister. "Don't worry.. I'm not gonna... let 'em pull your plugs.." And she meant it, too!
    Mason
    Lurker

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-07-04

Post by Mason on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 am

Mason watched on as the small blonde curled up with Mikko. He didn't know who the girl was, but he was sure that she was an important person in Mikko's life. Now his decision became even harder. Even though his heartless father already told the doctors what to do, Mason wasn't sure it was the right decision.

He stood up from the chair and walked closer to the bed. "My...My name is Mason. I'm Mikko's brother." He introduced himself to Daisy. "Dad told the doctors to...well...he doesn't want to pay for her stay and...he ordered the doctors to remove the life-support. I'm sorry."

Though to honestly, Mason didn't think that their father had any right, he didn't think that he had that right either. They weren't in Mikko's life. And he felt that they had no right determining her death.

Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Daisy was too focused on Mikko to notice as Mason neared, until he spoke. She shifted her head just enough to look at him, angered and defensive. There was no way this man was taking her sister from her!! But then he spoke, and she could detect the sympathy in his tone, causing her own defensive demeanor to soften.

"Daisy." She managed to introduce herself, but her tone was strained from her suffocating sobs. "They're NOT gonna kill her!" She repeated herself, now glaring at the doctors...
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz snuggled close to Lexi."thanks. and you're hotter then...well then anyone. And noooo not a fan of the glittery vamps. Give me blood and guts any day."

He straiten out his hair and kissed her cheek.

"Nope don't mind at all!"

When Lexi asked about Rose he got quiet for a bit. He did like Rose, but knew that she had been through a lot and didn't feel that she was ready for anything. "Ummm...Well...Rose is just a friend. She's new to the city and didn't get a very good welcome, so the last think on her mind is a relationship."

Lexi managed another weak grin at his compliment. This guy was just full of flattery, but it was nice. She had received so much negative attention here lately, that it was nice to have a word of praise. She rested against him, and watched as Jake's tiny eyelids fluttered, and finally slid closed. She removed the bottle from his lips, and placed it on the stand beside her bed.

She listened as Laz explained his new friend, but still couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Even if the girl wasn't interested in him. She felt that sooner or later, she would steal Laz' heart, and she would lose him. "Didn't get a warm welcome, huh? What happened?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Laz smiled at little Jake and reached over to rub his cheek. "She was raped. By a gang member I think. So, she not to fond of getting close to anyone right now, which is completely understandable."

It was then that Serenity walked into Lexi's room. She didn't want to, but she had to leave to make her rounds. Though she wasn't her usual cheerful self. "Hi. Is there anything that I can get for you?" She asked Lexi as she wiped away the tears from her face. "Sorry...umm. having some issues." She said trying to cover up why she was having trouble holding back tears.
    Kendall
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Kendall on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Daisy wrote:Daisy was too focused on Mikko to notice as Mason neared, until he spoke. She shifted her head just enough to look at him, angered and defensive. There was no way this man was taking her sister from her!! But then he spoke, and she could detect the sympathy in his tone, causing her own defensive demeanor to soften.

"Daisy." She managed to introduce herself, but her tone was strained from her suffocating sobs. "They're NOT gonna kill her!" She repeated herself, now glaring at the doctors...

Kendall remained by Daisy's side the entire time, helping her to Mikko's room and even after that. He was deeply saddened by Mikko's condition as well, but he stayed strong for Daisy. And he also offered his shoulder for her to cry on several times during the visit. Possibly the last visit. He could understand how difficult it would be for everyone should Mikko remain on the life-support. And no one deserved that torture...especially Mikko herself. If it was her time, well...it was her time.

He watched Daisy crawl in the bed with her. He felt so bad for the girl. He didn't know Mikko like she did, but he could tell this was extremely hard on her. It was painful to watch. But he knew that Daisy needed this - to tell her goodbye. He wouldn't intervene. He just sat down on one of the chairs nearby and watched the heart-wrenching scene unfold in front of him.

But then when Daisy started snapping at the doctors, he knew he had to step in. As carefully as he could, he pulled her up and held onto her tightly, whispering soothing words to her as he cradled her in his arms.
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:11 pm

June wrote:June watched as Marley fed Remey and wrinkled her nose. "If I ever get to the point that I can't feed myself. Just shoot me." She took two small sips of her soup then pushed the bowl away. "I'm bored. I think I'm going to go see if there are any hot doctors around."

Remey sipped the soup and smiled. "You are way to good to me." Hearing June he turned and looked at her. "Good luck."

Marley playfully stuck her tongue out at June, and continued assisting Remey with his soup. "Heh... have fun. Hope you land you a keeper." She teased, and flashed her friend a wink. It was probably best that June stayed in bed, but she knew there as no restraining her friend. She would come and go as she pleased. Besides, she really couldn't blame her. If she didn't have Remey here to keep her entertained, there was no way she would stay confined to her bed.

Hearing Remey's comment, she pressed a kiss against his forehead, and continued to help him with his soup. "Well, you deserve to be treated like a king." She smiled, but was distracted when the nurse returned, carrying fresh gauze, medical wrap, and a tube of antibiotic cream.

"Okay, Mr. Bouviar. Time to change those bandages..."

Marley felt her heart sink. She knew how painful this would be for him, and knew just how detached nurses could be from their 'work'. They were never as gentle as they could be...

"I can do it." Marley offered, wanting to spare him of any man-handling.
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Kendall wrote:

But then when Daisy started snapping at the doctors, he knew he had to step in. As carefully as he could, he pulled her up and held onto her tightly, whispering soothing words to her as he cradled her in his arms.

Daisy's attention was once again on Mikko, so when Kendall tried to pull her up, she struggled and fought at first, but curled up against him when she realized who it was. She buried her face against his shoulder, sobbing uncontrollably. She would allow the closeness, and indeed, welcomed it. But she was not about to leave Mikko's side. Her fingers remained interlocked with Mikko's, refusing to give up that physical hold on her..

Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Mikko laid in the hospital bed, she didn't know what was going on around her, even though she would wake up for brief moments she couldn't open her eyes, they felt like weights on her lids. When she slept, her dreams were filled with flash backs, horrible nightmares of Gabe dyeing and Spike laying cold on the ground. When she woke, she was in horrible pain. But she rather that pain, then sleep and live through those horrors over and over again.

She didn't know how much time had went by, and she didn't know why she couldn't move, or what was down her throat. She didn't know that her so called father and brothers were planning on killing her. She just wanted to move, to open her eyes, to say something!

When Daisy laid next to her and yelled at the doctors. Mikko once again woke up. She knew that someone was next to her, but she didn't know who it was.

It took everything Mikko had to move her fingers. To slowly wrap them around the hand of who ever was holding hers.
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:57 pm

June smiled at the two and then shuffled out the door, leaving the love birds alone. Remey continued eating, but when the nurse walked in to change his bandages he let out a groan. "Do I have to?" He asked in a wining tone. indeed changing the bandages did hurt, it was like getting his skin ripped off all over again!

He looked over at Marley. "Maybe you can go with your friend for a while." He suggested not wanting her to see him in pain.
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female

Post by Daisy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Mikko wrote:

When Daisy laid next to her and yelled at the doctors. Mikko once again woke up. She knew that someone was next to her, but she didn't know who it was.

It took everything Mikko had to move her fingers. To slowly wrap them around the hand of who ever was holding hers.

..and then, their was signs of life. Ever so faint, but it was enough to grab Daisy's attention... enough to give hope. She pulled her head from Kendall's shoulder, her blood-shot eyes growing wide. "Did... you see that?!" She asked hopefully, not realizing that the movement had probably been too faint to grab anyone's visual attention.

"She.. squeezed my hand!!" She announced, then leaned in so that Mikko could hear her. "Can you hear me, sis?" She asked, excitement washing through her. "If you can, squeeze my hand, okay? Show these doctors that you're gonna be okay!"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Remey wrote:June smiled at the two and then shuffled out the door, leaving the love birds alone. Remey continued eating, but when the nurse walked in to change his bandages he let out a groan. "Do I have to?" He asked in a wining tone. indeed changing the bandages did hurt, it was like getting his skin ripped off all over again!

He looked over at Marley. "Maybe you can go with your friend for a while." He suggested not wanting her to see him in pain.

The nurse gave him a sympathetic look, but nodded in reply to Remey's question. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid you have to. We have to keep those bandages fresh to reduce the risk of infection." She informed as she tore open one of the packs of gauze, and began laying all of her supplies out on one of the tables.

When Remey suggested that she go with June for a while, Mar frowned and shook her head, giving his hand a comforting squeeze. "No, I'm staying here with you." She replied, and kissed his cheek. Then her attention returned to the nurse as the woman moved closer, pulling her scissors and preparing to remove the thick layers of bandage from Remey's back.

"Sit up, hun.." The nurse instructed Remey, but was cut short by Marley. "He can't, it's too painful."

"He has to.."

"I can do it." Mar repeated herself, knowing she would be much gentler than the nurse. "I'm sorry, hun. But this is my job." She argued, but Marley wouldn't give up so easily. "That's the problem. It's your job. You'll have to hurry through it, because you have more patients that need your attention. I can take my time and be gentle. Besides, I have plenty of experience with bandages.. trust me."

The nurse would have argued, but she could see that the young woman wouldn't give up. Indeed, she did have a whole floor full of patients that needed her attention. The hospital was insanely busy today. "Okay." She finally gave in, and handed her the scissors. "But I'll be back later to make sure you did it correctly." With that, she disappeared from the room.

Now, Marley's attention fixated on Remey, and she flashed him a small grin. She was happy that she had spared him of the nurse, but part of her was reluctant. She knew, no matter how gentle she was with him, it was still going to hurt like hell...
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Mikko fought to stay awake. fighting to move more. to show who ever was out there that she was still alive. This was like that movie, the one where the guy is alive and paralyzed on the autopsy table. Oh god she hoped she wasn't on an autopsy table. She was alive damnit!

Mason hadn't noticed Mikko's movements nor had the nurses there. But Mikko gave Daisy's hand another squeeze, this time stronger then before. And this time it was seen.

The nurses all looked at each other in amazement. and Mason ran to Mikko's other side and took her other hand. But Mikko once again fell asleep, unable to fight the strong drugs coursing through her body.

"Looks like we can take her off that life-support after all." One of the nurses said. She smiled at Daisy. "But don't worry, I don't think it's going to kill her." But the nurse was hesitant on telling the girl that Mikko would be fine. It was to soon to determine that.

Last edited by Mikko on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Remey was a little happy that Marley would be changing his bandages. But he was still dreading it. Slowly he sat up so that Marley could get to his back. "So, how did you learn how to change bandages?" He asked, wondering where her medical know how had came from.

He was also trying distract himself for the inevitable pain that was about to come.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz smiled at little Jake and reached over to rub his cheek. "She was raped. By a gang member I think. So, she not to fond of getting close to anyone right now, which is completely understandable."

It was then that Serenity walked into Lexi's room. She didn't want to, but she had to leave to make her rounds. Though she wasn't her usual cheerful self. "Hi. Is there anything that I can get for you?" She asked Lexi as she wiped away the tears from her face. "Sorry...umm. having some issues." She said trying to cover up why she was having trouble holding back tears.

Some of the jealousy melted away when Laz informed her of what had happened to his new friend. "Welcome to New York." She carefully shifted Jake in her arms, and pulled the blanket around him. "Poor girl. But she's lucky to have you there to see her through it." She managed a weak smile, but still couldn't help feeling a little envious of that girl.

"Everyone deals with it differently." She spoke, knowing from her own personal experience. It had only taken her a few weeks before letting Ezekiel into her life, but perhaps that was because she already knew him.... and already loved him. She was about to say more, but the volunteer came in, obviously upset about something. Must have had a tough day on the job.

"We're okay." She replied, and was tempted to ask when she would be discharged, but knew this girl wouldn't know that. She would have to see the doctor. And obviously it wouldn't be anytime soon, since the doctor hadn't even came in to see her yet. She felt out of place asking the girl what was wrong, but gestured for Laz to hand her a tissue, since her hands were full.

Female

Post by Serenity on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Laz handed Serenity a tissue. which she took and wiped her face. "Sorry." She said managing a smile. "My friend, Mikko is down the hall, not doing so good. So I'm just a little stressed.Of course she had no idea that Mikko was slowly waking up. But don't worry, I'm here if you need anything. Just press the nurse button and ask for Serenity." She gave them another bright smile and headed out the room to see her other patents.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 am