I'll be home for Christmas.

Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

I'll be home for Christmas.

Post by Lexi on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Lexi had spent a week and a half down in the dark, humid sewers. She was happy to be with Raph, but had to admit that she was missing fresh air, the daylight, and everything else that a human needed, and often took for granted. It was also becoming clear that little Jake wasn't fairing well down in the sewers. The humidity was proving too much for his weak lungs, making it hard for him to breathe. Just as she was about to make the decision to leave, for his sake, Leo informed her that she couldn't stay there any longer. Despite her decision to look for a safe place to stay, it still stung a little. She couldn't help but feel unwelcomed, and felt that the blue-clad turtle didn't like her much.

She really hated to be a burden on Laz. She felt that she had already asked too much of him, but she honestly had nowhere else to go. Sure, she had money, and could stay in the finest of hotels until she could do better. But in all honesty, she was afraid to be alone, and craved some human interaction. She enjoyed her time with him, but was a little upset by his rules that Raph wasn't allowed in his home. But part of her understood. If the roles had been reversed, she honestly wouldn't be comfortable seeing Laz all touchy-feely with some other girl. She had feelings for him. She loved him. He was such a sweetheart, and had been amazing with little Jake. But sadly, she couldn't have both Raph, and Laz.

She had been living with Laz for the last week and a half, but now felt that she was strong enough to look for a place of her own. She couldn't keep taking advantage of her best friend. Though, she would dearly miss his company. Even when she had her own place, she knew that it would be next to impossible for Raph to live with her. It was too dangerous for him. And she didn't want to be responsible for breaking up his family. But at least he would have the freedom to come and go as he pleased.

As she looked for houses, she kept Raph in mind. She needed someplace secluded, and with a baby and a massive dog, someplace spacious. She turned down several posh apartments and houses, all due to their locations. Most were nestled in the heart of the city, too populated to provide the privacy that she sought.

After spending most of the morning searching with no progress, her agent took her to an expensive beach-house, located well away from the hustle and bustle, and the dangers that accompanied the city. She was completely speechless when she laid eyes on the massive house. It had a spacious front porch, with a beautiful view of the ocean. This part of the beach was secluded and private, so she could enjoy it in the summer, without having to worry about being hounded by star-crazed beach-goers. Just like the outside, the interior of the home was beautiful. The den was massive, just like the two downstairs bedrooms, and the two upstairs. She probably didn't need this much space, but she was way overdue for a little self-pampering. She deserved this place, so the cost wasn't an issue.

For the first time in months, she felt a degree of happiness. She made her way into the kitchen, sitting on one of the bar's stools and pulled out her phone. She couldn't wait to share the good news, and her first thought was Raph. But given the time of day, she was sure that he was still sleeping. So instead, she dialed Laz' number, and waited eagerly to hear his voice...

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Re: I'll be home for Christmas.

Post by Lazarus on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 pm

When his phone rang, Laz quickly answered it. "Hello." He said as he held little Jake in one arm.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 pm

A smile stretched across Lexi's face when she heard his voice. She ran a finger over the beautiful marbled top of the bar, still caught up in the excitement of being the proud owner of such a gorgeous house. "Hey babe. Guess what.. I found a place!" She told him, the excitement evident in her tone. "I can't wait for you to see it... and you'll never guess where it is.."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 pm

"That's great, babe!" Laz laid Jake down in his crib and sat back on the couch. "I'm sure it's amazing. So where is it? Can Jake and I come over now?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:14 pm

"Sure. They're supposed to be on their way out to hook up the power, so there should be heat by the time you and Jake get here." She said, and gave him the directions to her new place. "Heh.. it's a bit of a drive, but at least I don't have to worry about the nosy media."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 am

"great. we'll be on our way then, I can't wait to see the place." Laz said. He said his good byes then hung the phone up. Now to get ready for the trip. He packed all of Jake's things into the van, then dressed the baby up in some warm cloths. "Jigs! We're gonna see momma, come on boy." He called to the dog, hoping that he wouldn't have to carry him to the van.

The other two dogs were already standing by the door ready to head out. "Sorry you two, you can't come this time." He told them and gave them a scratch behind the ears.

Soon everything and everyone was packed into the van. He had to help Jigs along a little, but he he seemed to be doing better. Once he made sure everything was secured in the van, he got in and off they went to see the Lexi and the new house.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 am

Once Laz hung up, Lexi pushed herself from the bar stool, once again eyeing the place in total disbelief. She had always dreamed of living in a place like this, and had always hoped that after she and Gabe got married, they would have a spot like this, with beautiful children running around. But none of that was to happen. Still, she was getting part of her dream. It felt bittersweet.

Now, to clear some of the dust away before Laz arrived with little Jake. Then, it would be time to furnish the place, and officially move in. For the first time in months, she felt excited. Hopefully things would start to look up. Her heart was still broken, and she was still in grief, but she couldn't change the past. She couldn't get back what was taken. She needed to pick up the pieces and move on.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:35 am

The ride was indeed long. It was even longer since Laz decided to pick up some things for Lexi. Little house warming gifts. The baby was quiet for most of the trip. He had to stop once to change him, but other then that, Jake was perfectly content.

When Lexi's house finally came into view, he smiled. She defiantly had good taste in homes. He parked the van then honked his horn, letting Lexi know that he was there. He then turned to Jake and Jigs.

"Ready to see yer new home?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Lexi had gotten some of the place cleaned up before Laz finally arrived. At least the heat and electricity worked now, and she was looking forward to getting it set up enough to live in. Not to mention, she was excited about telling Raph.

Hearing the honk, Lexi headed outside to help Laz inside with Jake and Jigs. She smiled at his as she headed towards the Xterra, opening the door for him. "Heh... hope you didn't have trouble finding the place.."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:02 pm

"Nope not at all." Laz told her and started pulling things out the van. "Would have been here sooner, but Jake just insisted that we pick you up some flowers and a few other house warming things." He handed Lexi two dozen red and pink roses.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:31 am

Lexi's face lit up as he handed her the beautiful roses. She marveled at their beauty, then leaned over and pressed a kiss against his cheek. "Aww.. thank you. They're beautiful!" She smiled. "They'll look gorgeous on the bar." She carefully positioned them in her arm, and held out the other for Jake. "I can take him." She offered, not wanting him to be overloaded with a baby, and gifts.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 am

"No problem, beautiful." Laz smiled at her then handed Jake over. "I'll get the rest of this stuff out the van. Most of it is baby things. And a few things for mommy."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Lexi carefully took the baby, and began leading Laz towards the large house. Jigs hopped from the vehicle, and sprinted past them, hopping up onto the massive front porch. Curiously, he began to sniff around. Lexi led Laz onto the front porch, and managed to get the door open, holding it open for him since he seemed loaded down.

"Thanks for everything, Laz." She smiled at him. "I should have things set up enough to move in by tonight."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am

"No problem." he responded and started to carry all the baby stuff inside the house. When he stepped inside, he took a moment to look around. She really got herself a nice place. "You got good taste in houses, babe. I bet this place is even nicer in the summer."

He set the crib and playpen down and started to put everything together for her.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:49 am

Serenity wrote:She ran out the room as fast as she could and headed to behind the receptionist desk. She got on one of the vacant computers and looked up Lexi Davis. Hopefully she would be in the system.

And there she was, after some searching, Serenity found her, and her phone number. She quickly dialed the number and waited for the woman to pick up.

"Thank you." Lexi smiled at him, and tried to help him as much as possible, wishing she had somewhere to lay Jake so she could be more assistance. "Heh.. it's going to be nice to be able to have parties and barbecues during the summer, without having to worry about the paparazzi ruining everything." It felt good to actually have something to look forward to. She found herself daydreaming, imagining all the things she had been deprived of before, because of her fame.

But those thoughts were shattered when her cell phone grabbed her attention. She quickly reached for it, hoping it was Raph, and couldn't help frowning when his number didn't show up on the screen. She didn't recognize it, but figured if someone had her private number.. it must be important.

"Hello?"

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:57 am

"Hello. Is this Lexi Davis?" She asked quickly. "My name's Serenity. I work at the Metropolitan hospital. I've been taking care of a comatose patent here named Gabriel Juvanni. He's been on life support for a while and...the doctors want to take him off. I'm not asking for money, I've taken care of everything financially. But I need you to come down here as fast as you can to sign some papers."

Serenity brushed away some tears. "I'm sorry to bother you, but..I over heard them say you were his girlfriend. So I had to call, I couldn't just let them pull the plug, I know he'll wake up, I know he'll fight through this."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Lexi could barely make out what the emotional girl was saying, but she did hear just enough to cause her heart to stop. Her color visibly paled as she stared at Laz, completely shocked. Stunned. She had spent the last several months coming to terms with Gabriel's death, and now someone was trying to tell her he was on life support?! That small shimmer of hope quickly turned to anger.

"What is this.. some kind of sick joke?!" She asked, fighting back the tears. How could anyone be so cruel?! "Gabe's...dead. He died in my arms.. I BURIED him!!"

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:16 pm

The woman's tone caused Serenity to lose it. She cried into the phone, trying to hid her face behind her hair from the others around. "No...I swear it's no joke...He's here..In the hospital...He was kept in...a privet room to keep him safe...I've been his care taker...I've stood with Gabriel night and day. Please you have to come to the hospital. Please!" She couldn't believe that Lexi wouldn't come to the hospital to save her boyfriend. It didn't matter, with or without Lexi, Serenity wasn't going to let anything happen to Gabe.

Laz looked at Lexi in concern, he dropped what he was holding and went to Lexi, wrapping an arm around her. "Just hang up, babe. Don't humor those monster."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Lexi's thoughts were racing. The girl sounded sincere... but she couldn't get her hopes up. To do so, and to have to accept his death again was something she just couldn't survive again. But despite her skepticism and doubt, she couldn't hang up.

"I'll.. be there shortly. This better not be a joke.." She threatened, and hung up. She looked at Laz through tear-filled eyes, her body trembling from the emotions she was trying so desperately to keep contained. "Babe.. can you... take me to the hospital?"

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Serenity was relieved that Lexi was coming. She hung up the phone and headed back to Gabe's room to make sure the doctors hadn't done anything.

Laz nodded and reached up, wiping away her tears. "Of course, lets go." He said and ran out to the van to shut the trunk and get everything ready for her and the baby.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:41 pm

But the Doctor had went through with his plans. He was in the process of unhooking the machines when Serenity came back into the room...

Lexi leaned against Laz, so glad that he was here for her. Otherwise, she honestly wouldn't be able to hold it together long enough to reach the hospital. She wrapped little Jake up, then followed Laz out to the vehicle.

"Thank you..."

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Serenity's eyes widen when she saw the doctor unhooking him. She ran to the man and grabbed his arm. "Stop! I told you that I'll pay for him to stay, and his girlfriend is on her way right now!" Maybe she got to attached. This isn't the first time one of her patents had to be pulled off of life support, but she really liked Gabe. Maybe to much, maybe it was unhealthy. It didn't matter.

"At lest keep him alive long enough for her to see him."

Once everyone was in the van Laz drove off. He reached over and gave Lexi's hand a squeeze. "No problem. So what hospital are we going to?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 pm

The Doctor tried to ignore Serenity as he prepared to remove the tube from the patient's throat, but then the girl grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry. But without family to sign the forms, I cannot prolong the inevitable." But seeing the desperation in her eyes, and hearing that his 'girlfriend' was on the way, the doctor gave a sigh of defeat.

"Okay. But she has an hour." Despite his better judgment, he reconnected the patient to the machines that would keep him hanging on, just a little longer.

"The Metro." Lexi replied through her quiet sniffles. She watched blankly out the window as he drove, mind still trying to grasp all this. "Do you... think it's possible?" She asked, searching for any amount of hope, even though she felt it would come back to bite her in the end..

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Serenity was grateful. She wiped her eyes and walked over to Gabe's bedside. "Your girlfriend is on her way. I'm so sorry I didn't call her sooner, but I...I didn't know." She gave an unseen smile at him and gently combed his hair. "Lets make you look nice for when she gets here." Though really, Serenity was feeling a bit of jealousy, but she shook it off. "Stupid...You don't even know him." She mumbled to herself as she fixed his hair.

Laz drove to the hospital. At Lexi's question, he wasn't sure how to answer. Really, he didn't think it was possible. They buried him. He was dead. But he didn't want to tell Lexi that.

"I don't know. I guess anything is possible. Maybe it was a cover up by the cops. You know, to protect him from the Turks."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:48 pm

The Doctor and intern stepped out of the room to give Serenity time with her comatose 'friend'. Indeed, he felt it was unhealthy that the volunteer was getting so attached to her patient, especially considering that she was informed that he would never wake up. But it wasn't his place to give the girl advice. She would just have to live and learn. Perhaps her experience with this guy would teach her.

Soon, the hospital came into view, and Lexi could feel a cold hard lump form in her throat. She would soon know the truth. "But.. who would go through the trouble to cover it up?" She asked through her tears. "No-one cared about him but me." But then, she remembered how 'involved' his mother had been with the funeral arrangements. Could she have...no. She shook that thought off...

..besides. It wasn't true. Gabriel was dead, and that fact was about to be proven to her once again...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm