I'll be home for Christmas.

Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Re: I'll be home for Christmas.

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Serenity smiled and kissed Gabe's cheek. "I'ma go and meet up with Lexi ok?" With that she hurried out the room and down to the lobby to wait for Lexi. She wouldn't have to wait long though. She watched as a van pulled up to the door. She couldn't see Laz but saw Lexi in the passenger side. She walked out of the hospital and approached the van.

Laz pulled up to the doors of the hospital. "I don't know babe." He answered. He then saw a girl walking up to the van and rolled down Lexi's window. "You the one that called?" He asked.

Serenity nodded and looked over at Lexi. "Lexi? I'll take you to him."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Lexi watched as the girl approached the car, not knowing what to think. She certainly didn't look like someone who was trying to prank her. Still, she had to keep up her guard. It had to be some kind of mix-up. Or a trap.

She adjusted Jake in her arms and reached for the door handle, but paused to look at Laz. "You coming in?" She really hoped so. Whatever awaited her, she didn't want to face this alone..

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:09 pm

"Yes. But I have to park first. I'll meet you in there." Laz said. He reached over and gave Lexi's shoulder a squeeze. "It'll be ok. I'll be right behind you."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Lexi gave a nod, and wrapped the blanket more securely around Jake before slipping out of the SUV. She would've waited for Laz to park the car, but she was anxious. She looked at Serenity, feeling that she had seen her someplace before, but it was hard to place her. She shrugged it off, and waited for the woman to lead her to the room where she hoped Gabriel would be.

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:34 pm

When Lexi stepped out of the van, she gave the woman a small smile then lead her in the hospital. "I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner." She said as they made their way to the elevators. "But I didn't know he had a girlfriend." She looked away for a bit, ashamed of having any feelings for the man, even though Lexi wouldn't have known that bit of information.

"But. I've taken care of him, cut his hair, shaved..and...well...I made sure he stood clean." She said not wanting to anger the girlfriend with telling her about the baths.

The elevator finally reached Gabe's floor and she lead them out. "He's attached to quite a bit of machinery, I tried to make him look as nice as possible."

Serenity opened up the door to Gabe's room and let Lexi go in first.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Lexi followed the woman towards their destination, listening as she informed her of the care she had given him. It was a miracle that she had heard any of it, considering how loudly her heartbeats sounded in her head. Or the thoughts that continued to race through her mind.

"That's very kind of you.. thank you." She replied, oblivious to the obvious attachments she had to her ex. If she had been in a better frame of mind, she would've picked up on it. She would've realized that this girl had gone above and beyond what the typical nurse or caregiver would. She also would've questioned how she had known she was the 'girlfriend', even though that wasn't the case. But there was only one thing on her mind at the moment.

And finally, they were at his room. Lexi hesitated at the door, feeling her legs suddenly growing heavy. She felt sick, knowing she was setting herself up for more heartbreak. It wasn't going to be him laying in that bed. She wiped at her tears with her free hand, then slowly pushed the door open. She could hear the steady beeping of the numerous monitors, and the sounds coming from the life-sustaining machines. She finally stepped into the room, and slowly made her way towards the bed, her gaze fixating on him...

..the world suddenly stood still. Even with all the tubes and machines, and his frail state.. there was no mistaking. It was him. "Oh my God.. Gabe!!" She called out, knowing he would be unable to hear her.. but she never thought she would be able to say it in his presence again. She carefully handed Jake over to Serenity, and rushed to his bedside, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Her trembling hand carefully took his, mindful of the IV in his vein. She entwined her fingers with his, giving his hand a gentle squeeze as she kissed his cheek, and rested her forehead against his.

"Please.. tell me I'm not dreaming.."

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Serenity walked in behind Lexi only to be handed the small baby. She took the little boy and smiled down at him, then looked back up at Lexi. "Even though I offered to pay for his care, they still want to take him off the machines. They need you to tell them not to, because you're the closest to family we can find." She informed.

Just then Laz walked in the room. He wasn't expecting Gabe to be there. He was expecting to console Lexi after her disappointment. But there he was, beat up, but it was still Gabe. He closed the door behind him and walked closer to the bed. He smiled and shook his head. "Death must be getting pretty upset with Gabe by now, Dude keeps ringing the doorbell and running away." He looked at Serenity. "Will he wake up?"

Serenity sat down with the baby. "The doctors say no. But I think he's a fighter. He'll pull through, he just needs time."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Lexi kneaded and rubbed his hand, and continued to nuzzle and lavish him with kisses. She was afraid to let him go, scared that this was all just another one of her dreams. She would soon wake up, and he would be gone again. "You.. can't leave me again, Gabriel. Please.. stay. Keep fighting, okay?"

Even as Serenity informed her of the Doctor's intentions, Lexi couldn't pull her attention from Gabriel. But the words were heard, and her protectiveness took over. "Like hell they are." She sniffled. "Whatever they need signed.. I'll sign it. I want these machines on him for as long as it takes. He's here for a reason.. his time's not finished."

She sniffled, and nuzzled Gabe's cheek, pressing several kisses there. "You keep fighting, babe. You're going to pull through, and be okay." She encouraged him. She was aware that Laz had came into the room, and was thankful for his presence. His comment earned a weak smile. But soon her thoughts came back to why she had been led to believe that Gabriel had died on that dreadful night.. and why a funeral had been arranged.

"Do you know if his death was a cover-up?" She asked Serenity, still unable to pull her gaze from Gabriel.

Female

Post by Serenity on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:45 am

Serenity walked to the other side of the bed and sat down, still holding the little baby close. "I don't know. The only thing I was told, was he was being kept away from the others to protect him. That...There was something with the Purple Dragons and another gang. I was told not to tell anyone of him being here, if I did, I could be arrested. I know a lot of Dragons, so it was hard to keep him a secret. but I knew that it was for his safety, and I wouldn't do anything to compromise his safety." She said and ran her fingers lightly through his hair.

"But still, had I known he had a girlfriend, I would have called sooner." She added. She then looked down at the baby boy and back up at Lexi. "Is the baby...His?" She asked softly.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:38 pm

So, it was in fact a cover-up. Still, Lexi was baffled that Gabriel's mother had gone to such extremes to keep him protected. The woman had never been around for him before this. At least, she thought it was his mother that had pulled the strings. Who else could it be?

She listened as Serenity told of what she knew, and her mentioning of the Dragons visibly upset her. She continued to knead and caress Gabriel's hand, hoping he could sense that she was there. "His so called gang let him down. They knew the Turks had a hit out for him.. have for years. They nearly killed him a year ago. You would think the Dragons would take the threat a little more seriously... but they didn't. They failed him." She explained, trying to keep her anger and emotions under control.

"I don't want the Dragons to know he's alive." She spared a brief glance at Laz as she said this, but knew she could trust him. "Especially not Mikko. She let them do this to him.. and even tried to stop me when I tried to help him." She wasn't so sure if she could trust this Serenity girl, but if she cared anything about Gabe, she would keep his existence a secret. And it seemed that Serenity did care. Lexi was beginning to notice how 'attached' she seemed to be to him. She also noticed that Seren kept referring to her as the 'girlfriend', and would've corrected her, but didn't want to jeopardize her chances of gaining guardianship over Gabe. It seemed she was the only one that could sign those papers, since everyone believed she was the girlfriend.

Hearing Serenity's question, she managed a faint smile, and nodded in response. "Yeah. That's his son. Jacob." Her lips quivered as she felt her emotions swell, and she wiped at her tears. "He's never met him."

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:46 am

Serenity listened to Lexi and nodded in understanding. She had no intentions of telling any of the guys she knew. But when Lexi mentioned Mikko, she started to put things together. Could Gabe be the brother that she had lost? Was he the one that was tattooed on her back? She didn't know Mikko well, the woman hadn't even dropped by to pick up her dog, but Serenity decided not to tell Lexi that she knew Mikko at all.

"I'm not going to say a word, I promise." And she meant it too. She looked back at the little boy and smiled. "He looks just like his daddy." She moved the baby so that he could see Gabe. "Look little one, it's your daddy." She told the baby softly.

She then looked up at Lexi and Laz and gave a soft sigh."...I guess I'm not going to be needed anymore now that you're here." She said a bit sadly. "But, I'll give you my number if you need me for anything."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:51 am

Unlike Serenity, Laz wasn't so sure he could keep Gabe's survival to himself. Of course he wouldn't go telling the whole city, but he felt that a few people deserved to know, people that he was closest to. As for Mikko, he had mixed feelings. On one hand, she did help in Gabe's 'death' but on the other hand, She seemed to really love Gabe, even if she couldn't show it.

He would worry about that when the time came, He never spoke to Mikko and he wouldn't tell his buddies, for Lexi's sake.

Laz put a hand on Lexi's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. He then looked over at Serenity. "Actually...There is something you can do." He told her. "Gabe has a pet pit bull. Could you find away to alow the dog to visit? I think it would do both Gabe and Jigs some good."

Serenity thought about that for a moment then nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, I can make that possible."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Lexi could only hope that the two would keep Gabriel's existence a secret. If the wrong person found out, she knew everything would come full circle again. She couldn't lose him.. not again. She watched as Serenity introduced Jake to his father, and had to fight back the tears. God, how she wished that Gabriel could see his son.

She could hear the sadness in the girl's tone when she mentioned that she wouldn't be needed anymore. But Lexi didn't feel that was the case. "I was hoping you would continue doing what you're doing." She informed her, knowing that as much as she wanted to take Gabriel out of this place, right here and now, he still had a long road ahead of him. She knew that she would need help with him, and Serenity seemed to care. She had been looking after him, all this time.

Laz' suggestion about bringing Jigs in earned a small smile. She knew the bond those two had, and it would certainly benefit both of them. She was about to comment, but just then, the doctor returned with his young intern in tow. He spared a sympathetic look at Lexi,

"Do you need more time to say your goodbyes?" He asked, in his best sympathetic tone. Lexi blinked at the man, but her look of confusion quickly turned to anger.

"I'm not saying goodbye... not again." She seethed, holding protectively to Gabriel's hand. "Give me the papers. I want him to stay on life support for as long as it takes. I also want him moved to a more secure floor. The VIP rooms, with guards posted outside the door, 24/7..." She demanded.

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Serenity was happy to know that she was still needed, and that she could continue to take care of Gabriel. She took a hold of Gabe's hand and gave it a light squeeze. She held the baby boy in her other arm and gently rocked him."I promise, I'll take good care of him."

Just then the doctor came in. She was a little worried the doctors would fight with lexi, tell her it was hopeless and to let him go. But hearing the determination in Lexi's voice, she was confident that Gabe would be allowed a chance to fight through this. She was also more then willing to help pay for the cost of his care and made that clearly known.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 am

..but the doctor would argue with Lexi about this. But he remained quiet, waiting for a chance to calmly interject. "I know this is hard for you, Ms. Davis. But you're prolonging the inevitable. He's been hooked to these machines for months, with no signs of improvement. He sustained irreparable head trauma during the attack, among his other lethal wounds." He paused, hoping that she would understand. But given her strong determination, that was highly unlikely.

"Then why is he still holding on?!" Lexi shot back. "And don't tell me it's because he's hooked to machines. I've heard of people dying while on life support, because they lost their will. He's fighting.. and you're NOT taking that from him!!!" With that, she snatched the chart from the doctor's hands and quickly found the form. She read through and signed it, then roughly shoved it back at him. "There, now you can't touch him!!"

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 am

Laz stood behind Lexi and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. After she signed the papers he turned his attention to the doctor. "How soon can you move him to a more secure location?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:13 am

The doctor took the signed document when it was roughly shoved at him. She was angry, and part of him understood that. But as a doctor, he had to look at the reality of the situation, and what was best for the patient.. and what was legal.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Davis. But you're just the 'girlfriend'. If you were his wife, then you would have a leg to stand on..." But before he could finish, Lexi angrily butted in.

"I'm his fiancee!!" She shouted. Obviously a lie, but she sure as hell wasn't going to let the doctor take Gabriel's last chance away from him. "If you want to get 'legal'.. we can take this to court." She threatened him. "I signed the fucking papers.. I'm taking responsibility.. what the fuck is your problem??! Why are you so dead set on taking him off? You have no idea what a wonderful person this man is.. and how much he deserves to live.." She was now in an angry fit of tears. She couldn't understand why the doctor was being such a hard jack-ass...

..but the doctor finally realized his defeat, and how foolish it would be to argue with her, especially in this state. "Fair enough." The last thing the hospital needed was a court case against him. And he was sure that in time, the emotional woman would come to her senses and realize what was best for her boyfriend.

"I can arrange for him to be moved to the VIP suite later this evening." He replied to Lazarus. "We'll have guards posted outside his room."

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:38 am

Serenity was relieved that the doctors where going to keep Gabe alive. Though her heart sunk a little when she found out that Lexi was more then just the girlfriend. Again, she scolded herself for having such emotion. It wasn't good for anyone for her to be so attached. She knew this, but still she couldn't help how she felt, she really cared for the man, after putting so much time in his care and hours sitting by his bedside, how could one not get attached?

She smiled and looked over at Gabe, "Hear that, Gabe? You got your chance. Prove these doctors wrong."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Lexi wiped angrily at her tears, trying to get herself under control. She was relieved that the Doctor was finally backing down, and 'respecting' her wishes, even though it took some threatening for him to see that she wouldn't back down. She gave a quiet nod when the doctor informed that he would have Gabe in a secure room before the night was over, and was secretly planning on having the man removed from her ex's care. Surely there had to be a doctor with a little more compassion, and she briefly remembered the nice female doctor that had saved Gabriel years ago, after a robbery with Ezekiel and Spike had gone bad.

What was her name.. she tried hard to remember, but her thoughts were shattered by the sudden ringing of her phone. She was tempted to turn it off, to respect the hospital's policies, but what if it was Raph? She quietly excused herself from the room, not wanting the phone to interfere with any of the devices, and answered quietly.

"Yeah?" She answered, still struggling to get herself under control.

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 pm

"Lexi! How are you? Where are you? I need to talk to you, it's important. It's about the baby, Gabe's baby." Mikko informed as she headed to a coffee house. "I want to see him."

But it was then that she realized Lexi was sounding pretty upset. "You ok?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:46 pm

But it wasn't Raph. Hearing Mikko's voice, Lexi was tempted to hang up, as if talking to her would reveal everything. She had so much to protect now. But she was completely taken aback when Mikko mentioned Jacob. She suddenly felt cold. How did she know about him?

"I.. don't know what you're talking about." She tried to lie. "Gabriel didn't have a baby."

Female

Post by Mikko on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 pm

"Don't give me that." Mikko said as she walked inside the warm cafe. "The gang saw and heard you at the hospital. You were put in charge of Gabe's kid. I want to see him. Where are you?"

She sat down at one of the booths and wiggled out of her coat. "Or would you rather come to me?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 pm

It was another unneeded stab to the heart to hear that the Turks knew about Jacob, and her guardianship over him. Now, her fears and paranoia were confirmed. She felt her body trembling, and quickly found a chair to sit down. God, how much more could she take?

"I.. have to protect him, Mikko. I'm sure, as a mother, you understand." She replied quietly. She wasn't sure what was so important, but felt that she couldn't trust Mikko enough to expose Jake to her. She was a Turk, after all, and had played a hand in Gabe's 'death'.

Female

Post by Mikko on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Mikko quickly ordered a milkshake and returned her attention to the phone. "I am. Even though my baby was ripped out of my arms and taken...I just want to see him. Gabe would have wanted me to see his kid." She said, hoping that would convince her. "What do you think I'll do? I'm starting to get a feeling that you don't trust me."

She leaned back in the booth, but really wanted to get back to the house and indulge in some of her drugs. "I'm at express cafe. It's neutral territory so it's safe."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm

But that wasn't convincing enough. She had to be careful. If she made a mistake, it would be the innocent baby that paid the price. She didn't trust Mikko, not one bit. "How do I know that you're not going to hurt him, or that this isn't a trap set by your little gang?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 am