A Christmas Wish

Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

A Christmas Wish

Post by Leonardo on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Leo spent the night pacing his cell, and looking over at Mike every now and then, to make sure his brother was still alive. This was not what he had planed. He was still blaming that girl for them being found so quickly, but did feel bad for Don. The girl had helped shredder find them, yet he still killed her. He wasn't sure how Don was going to take it, but knew it wasn't going to be pleasant. He finally leaned on the cell bars and sighed quietly. It was waiting to be killed that bother him more then the thought of actually being killed. Shredder would make them suffer no doubt. Make them wait, make tem wonder what was going to happen to them. Drive them mad. Leo was already almost at the point of madness. It was hard having hope when you were locked up and no one knew where you were. Then his thoughts drifted to Splinter. He hadn't seen or hard from his father. He was probably dead. If he was alive, Leo guessed he would be down there with the rest of them. It seemed that Shredder had finally won. Maybe they should have just let Don be...He seemed happy here, with his work, his things and his woman. He had what they all had dreamed of. Now they had nothing at all. Nothing but a damp, dark, cold cell.

Isa stayed behind when everyone finally cleared out the room. He glanced around the place and saw Raph's beat up mask on the floor. He picked it up and held it tightly in his fist. Then he remembered that this was the one who was dating that woman. A smile spread across his lips as he planed on meeting up with this woman. But first he needed sleep. That was hours ago. Now Isa was wide awake. He had went to the basement and dug around in the turtles things till he found what he was looking for. He plucked a cell from the pile and looked through all the numbers on all the phones till he found Lexi. He had seen a picture of the girl on the TV and recognized her as one of the models in his boyfriend's magazines. The whore. He pressed the button to call Lexi then waited for her to pick up

Raphael still sat in the corner of his cell but was still facing Mikeys. His head dipped down as he nearly fell asleep for the fiftenth time and quickly jerked his head back up to try and stay awake. He was determined to be awake so he could be there when Mikey woke up...if he ever woke up that is. Raphael felt dazed and very out of it, he didn't even bother yellling for the other two.

Donatello had been unconscious through most of the night. The first thing he realized when he finally awoke was he wasn't in his posh bedroom anymore. Not to mention the tremendous pain he felt every time he tried opening his eyes. Where the heck was he? He shivered on the cold ground and huddled up into a ball as much as his shell would allow him. At this time, he didn't even remember any of the current events or how he was put into this situation. He let out a small groan and brought a hand to his head, as he attempted to sit up and rested his shell against the bars of his cell. 'Bars?' That must mean he had been captured. Slowly his migraine allowed him to open his eyes and he looked around, not able to see anything but the back of his cell right now. He hadn't even realized that his brothers were sitting right next to him in the nearby cells.

The night, and early morning hours had been long. Lexi had tried to keep her mind busy, to not worry about Raph and his brothers. But even with the distractions of reading to Gabriel, and Lazarus' company, her mind still drifted, and the worry slowly consumed her from within. Keeping close to Gabriel's side, she tried to sleep, now curled up on the plush pull out couch, buried beneath a thick blanket. She had tried to call Raph several times, but as she feared, didn't receive an answer. This was almost too much. The thought of losing him was suffocating. She seriously wished that Laz would return.. the room was too quiet, save for the steady beeping of Gabe's life support. At least Jake seemed content, sleeping soundly against her chest. Suddenly, the vibrations of her cell pone grabbed her attention. She quickly pulled it from the small end table, checking the number before answering. Her heart skipped a beat, and she felt a much needed sense of relief upon seeing Raph's number. "Raph!" She answered in a hushed, but relieved tone. "Is everyone okay?"

But Lexi wouldn't hear Raph's voice. Instead there was cruel laughter from the other end. "If dead is ok then yes." He answered.

At least the massive bleeding had slowed, but Mike had yet to regain consciousness. The incident with the Shredder had left him with a nasty concussions, and gashes to his head and snout. The katana blade had sliced open his plastron, leaving a deeper gash and more gruesome injury than before. It had torn away more of his shell. The immense pain was beginning to register through his subconscious, earning a gurgling groan, and a quiet whimper. His shivering form twitched ever so slightly, and he curled into a tighter ball, trying to ease the pain.

Laz had left the hospital to get some fresh air. The night had been long. Lexi was so worried about Raph, he didn't really care what happen to the turtle, but was supportive anyway. Now he was heading back to the hospital with breakfast.

Leo looked over at Mike then at Don. He moved closer to Don's cell and wrapped his hands around the bars. "You ok?"

Lexi jerked the phone away from her ear, not expecting the cruel laughter. It was like a chill coming through the receiver, and his words tore into her heart like a serrated knife. She felt completely numb. "What...did you say?" She asked, hoping that her ears were playing tricks on her. "Who is this?"

"I'm the reason your boyfriend didn't answer his phone." Isa lied. "It was hell flushing him. Anyway, I thought you should know, your slimy pet is gone. I have his mask if you want a memento."

Don finally heard a familiar voice, slowly turning his head towards it. "Leo? What happened?" Slowly his mind was catching up to recent events and he frowned. "Where are the others?" Now he was wondering if any of them had escaped capture. Last he knew, Mike was still standing and hopefully hiding during the fight. "Mikey...is he safe? Did he get out?"

Leo shook his head and nodded over to Mike's cell. "We were ambushed. No one got out." He informed, hoping that Don understood that he meant the girls as well. He really didn't want to tell Don that his woman was killed.

Lexi felt physically ill. It took everything she had to force herself up, and carefully laid Jake on the makeshift bed. She felt nauseous. It took all of her will power to keep from screaming out. She rushed into the bathroom to put distance between herself, and anyone that may hear the sobs that she couldn't control. "You fucking bastard!" She cried, struggling to find her breath. "You're.. lying to me.." She tried to convince herself, but part of her couldn't help but believe him. How else would he get Raph's phone?

Don's eyes followed Leo's over to Mike's cell and his jaw dropped in horror. "No..." He was already fearing the worst and looked at Leo. "Is he..." he trailed off, unable to accept the fact that he might have just been looking at his little brother's corpse.

"What ever helps you sleep at night." Isa responded as he twirled Raph's mask on his finger. "Ok yer right though. We didn't try to flush him I did lie." He added playfully. "We buried him next to his brothers in the garden. Don't cry though. See this as a great opportunity! A chance to you know...Date someone who isn't a freak of nature."

Raphael heard chattering in the cell's on the other side of Mikeys. He recongized the voices and felt relieved that his brothers were still living. At Donatellos question Raphael finally spoke up.* " 'eh's still breathin'.."

Laz walked in Gabe's room and set the food down. He clearly heard Lexi's crying coming from the bathroom and rushed in to see what was going on. He saw her on the phone and quietly walked up to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a questioning look.

Leo looked back over at Raph and nodded in agreement. "yeah." He then sat down in his small cell. "Is everyone else alright though?"

At hearing Raph's answer to his own question, Don felt a tinge of relief. At least he was alive, but at what cost. From what he had seen, he wasn't sure if it would be better if Mikey should be put out of his misery. A horrible thing to think about one's own brother, and Don wouldn't make that call until he could survey Mike's injuries better. Which would be impossible right now to get close enough to check. With a shaky voice, he answered Leo. "I'm...okay, I guess. Physically, other than having some scratches bruises and a massive headache, he was fine. Mentally, however, he was a mess. "Mikey...can you hear me?" He had to hear for himself that Mikey was still with them. Otherwise the guilt would crush him.

Lexi wanted nothing more than to slap the heartless jerk on the other end of the line. Her body tensed when she felt the unexpected touch against her shoulder, shifting to look at him with tear-filled eyes. But hearing the caller's heartless taunting once again earned her attention. "You're sick!!" She sobbed. "Why are you doing this?" She really didn't understand the sick cruelty directed at her. Wasn't it torment enough that her love was dead? Did he seriously think she needed the added assault?

"Sick? Honey, I wasn't the one fucking a turtle, now was I?" Isa was growing bored of talking to Lexi, it was time to meet the girl. "So. You want to pick up his things or not? Oh..But you're not getting the sais. Those I'm keeping."

Laz frowned deeply, who the hell was she talking to? "Babe, what's going on?" He finally asked.

Raphael grunted, he wasn't feeling all that chatty right now and felt like he was going to pass out himself. He was exahuasted and didn't move from his corner.* "I'm..fine..." *He said in a low tone, as far as he could tell the only injuries he had was the big gash on his arm and the fact that his hand hurt.*

Don's voice tugged at Mike's subconscious. Still, it was nearly impossible to wake. His body shifted slightly, trying to curl into a fetal position. A muffled, agonized groan was the only response his brother would get.

Good at lest he didn't have to worry about the others, it seemed that Mike was the only one who really got hurt. And there was no doubt in Leo's mind that shredder wasn't going to be bringing in someone to take care of him. He rubbed his tired eyes. "Can anyone see a way out of here?" He asked as he looked around his cell. There had to be a way to get out.

Don caught the movement from Mikey and shifted a little in his cell to better see his critically injured brother. "Mikey..." he swallowed hard before continuing, tears springing to his eyes, "I'm so sorry..." He blinked them back and glanced outside his cell, trying to see anything but the darkness that surrounded all of them. "No, Leo." He sighed in defeat and sat back against the bars in his cell. "I'm so sorry I got you guys into this."

"I want proof." Lexi responded, wiping at her tears. She had no desire to meet this creep, but she needed to know for sure. Plus, this asshole had something coming to him. "Where should we meet?" She asked, giving Laz a look. She would fill him soon.

"A glutton for punishment ain't we. Sure, we can meet up. I was going to head to the half and half cafe. We can meet there. It's across from the mall on fifth and sall street. See you there." With that, Isa hung up the phone and gathered all of Raph's things before heading out.

Raphael also took a glance around without moving out of his spot ofcourse and sighed.* "Ain't no way out..unless somebody let's us out.." *He said as he started to yawn, he was up all night keeping watch over Mikey.

Lexi finally hung up, and looked at Laz, unable to suppress her tears. She wrapped her trembling arms around him, burying her face against his shoulder.. unable to speak..

"I haven't heard or seen Master Splinter. Maybe he got out." Leo said hopefully. If Splinter did manage to get out, maybe he could get help. Leo gave up the search in his own cell and sat back down leaning on the wall. "Why don't you get some sleep, Raph."

Laz held on to her tightly. "What's the matter? Who was that on the phone? Who's ass do I have to kick?"

"Raph's... dead.." She cried against his shoulder, body quivering from the uncontrollable sobs. "I.. don't know who that guy was, but he.. wants to meet up." She managed to tell him. "He's.. bringing proof."

Laz was not expecting that. So Raph was finally dead, Laz couldn't honestly say that he was upset about that, but he was upset that Lexi was upset. He squeezed her lightly and held her close. "I'm so sorry, babe. But...What if Raph isn't dead...It might be a trap. I should go with you." He told her and kissed the top of her head. "We can call Serenity to watch Gabe and Jake."

Raphael's head bobed down again and he quick jerked his head up, still fighting sleep as long as he could. It was begining to be a losing battle though and he just stared at Mikey's form on the floor infront of him. He felt better knowing his other two brothers were here and that Splinter was still out there somewhere.. So he finally allowed himself to give into sleep as he leaned his head and his body against the wall.* "Wake meh when Mikey wake's up.." *He said tiredly before shutting his heavy eyelids and drifted off to the darkness.*

Well, it seemed like no one would accept his apology. No one even acknowledged it. Which really didn't surprise Don. It hurt him deeply that he betrayed his brother's trust. He thought he was doing the right thing. His biggest mistake was waiting. That's why his brothers were here in the first place. He screwed up...big time. It was all his fault they were in this mess. If he had escaped the first chance he could, everyone would be alive now. He already had a feeling the Shredder had killed Rini. And probably Fraya as well. It was completely his fault. With those last thoughts in mind, he completely broke down, sobbing softly into his knees. He had no idea how any of them would get out of this alive anymore.

Lexi had considered that this could be a trap, but she had no choice but to go. She needed to know. It was a comfort to know that Laz would be with her, and she didn't argue. She just gave a quiet nod, squeezing him tightly, still feeling too unsteady to let him go.

Leo looked over at Don. "It's not your fault, Don." He finally said. Though part of him did blame him. "And everything will be ok, we'll get out of this." Though he didn't he even believe that himself. "I'm sorry about your girl." Leo added quietly.

Laz scooped Lexi up in his arms and carried her out of the bathroom. He sat her on one of the chairs and pulled out his phone. He sat close to Lexi as he called Serenity. She was quick to answer and thankfully it turned out that she was already on her way to the hospital. After a short talk Laz hung up. "She's on her way."

Lexi allowed Laz to carry her out of the bathroom, and leaned against him as he called Serenity. Her world was falling a part, all over again. She couldn't believe it. She had just gotten Gabriel back, just to lose Raph. She felt defeated. Her heart seriously couldn't do this anymore. Hearing Laz' words broke her from her daze, and she gave a small nod, still fighting with her tears. She was thankful for Serenity. The girl was proving time and time again just what a God send she was.

Leo's words didn't soothe him at all. He still had the consequences to deal with and hearing Leo talk about Rini like that had completely crushed him. Now it was confirmed that his love was dead. His entire body was wracking with sobs as he felt his world crashing around him. Even if they did make it out of this, he didn't think he could never make it up to his family.

Laz really didn't know what to say, he was never good at these kind of things. "Do you want to eat something?" He asked as he rubbed her back.

Maybe that wasn't the right thing to say. But Leo didn't mean it to be harsh. He wished that he could comfort his brother, but he was sure that was why Shredder separated them, so that they couldn't be a comfort to each other. "We're going to get out of this, Don. I promise." Of course they may not make it out alive. But he didn't add that part. "We just need to keep our wits about us."

Don was so overcome with grief that he barely heard Leo. He managed to pull himself together enough to lift his head towards his brother's voice and nod, but he couldn't get any words out. And the situation seemed hopeless now, anyway.

Lexi just shook her head. There was no way she could eat right now. "I'm.. really glad you're here right now." She sniffled, squeezing him gently. "I can't.. do this anymore."

"I'm sure he's ok." Laz tried to assure her. "It's probably some idiot foot playing some mean joke." Or a really bad trap he thought to himself.

"I hope you're right." She managed to whisper. She seriously didn't think she had the strength to cope with another death. Her strength was gone.

Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Re: A Christmas Wish

Post by Serenity on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 am

Serenity finally made it to the hospital and walked in Gabe's room. She could instantly tell that something was very wrong. She closed the door behind her and walked up to the two.

"What's wrong?" She asked with honest concern.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758

Post by Lexi on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Lexi's attention shifted from Laz when she heard a familiar voice. She wiped at her tears, trying hard to get herself under control, just enough to fill Serenity in. "I have to go. My boyfriend.." She paused, catching herself, but it was too late. "My boyfriend is in trouble.." She finished, looking the girl in the eyes. She knew that Serenity was probably confused at this point, and she had some explaining to do.

"I have some things I need to tell you, but I have to go right now.." She managed to say, in between sobs. "Could you.. watch Gabe and Jake?"

Female

Post by Serenity on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Serenity was very confused. Was Lexi seeing two guys? And if so, did they know about each other? It wasn't her business to pry or to judge Lexi for her choices. She just shrugged it off and nodded.

"Of course. Don't worry about the boys, They'll be in good hands, you just go take care of what you need to."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Once Serenity agreed to stay and watch the boys, Laz slowly stood up, keeping an arm around Lexi so that she could lean on him. He gave Serenity a smile of appreciation and started to lead Lexi out the door.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 am

Indeed it had been a very long night, but a successful one! Now Saki wanted nothing more then to go to bed. Unfortunately that wouldn't happen. once Saki walked in his bedroom he was greeted by Splinter. The rat had been hiding out in Saki's room, he knew that no one would think to look for him in there. Now he stood face to face with his greatest enemy, and judging by Saki's demeanor, he could tell that the turtles lost their battle.

Saki instantly became defensive and drew his weapon. Splinter laid his cane on the ground and held his hands to show he did not wish to fight. Still, Saki did not lower his sword.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand!" He barked angrily.

"I'm sure you do not wish to ruin your carpet with my blood." Splinter calmly replied. "Let the turtles go, Saki. This vendetta has gone on for far too long."

"It will be over when you are all dead! You bore me, rat." He took a step backward to his door, never taking his eyes off of Splinter. He was going to call out to one of his men to take the rat to the cells. But then remembered something that Bishop had mentioned-a bit offhandly- a while back. "Maybe I can make you less boring." He said more to himself then to Splinter.

He then called for his men to take Splinter upstairs to the labs. Splinter didn't put up a fight, there was no point, he would be easily out numbered. He had went to the tower not expecting to come back out. He only wished that he could tell his children goodbye.

Splinter was led upstairs to the lab and Saki, heavily fatigued, finally went to bed.

Despite being up so late, Saki was up bright and early the next morning. He showered, dressed then headed out of his room. The tower was quite, all but some Christmas music playing softly and the Grinch on TV. Everything seemed peaceful. Sure his enemies were still alive-Well he wasn't sure about the youngest-but they were captured and at his disposal. There was only one thing that he still couldn't get over, and had the man not die Saki would have killed him himself. How does a trained ninja get killed by two little girls!?

What ever. Saki seriously doubted that they would be much trouble, if any.

He made his way to the cells, almost cheerfully. "Time to wake up, freaks!" He yelled to get their attention.
    Fraya
    Original Character

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:51 am

Fraya had dragged Rini to the turtle's lair. She was sure that they would be safe there and figured that the guys wouldn't mind. Well...Maybe Leo would. They both cleaned themselves from the blood. Rini was falling apart and it took all of Fraya's will to stay strong for the both of them. After getting clean, they curled up on the couch and went to sleep.
    Fraya was the first to wake up. She looked up at the clock and rubbed her eyes. The lair was quite, a clear indication that the guys didn't make it home. She pushed herself off the couch and headed to the kitchen. They needed to find some help. Splinter had mentioned to human friends that they had, but she didn't have any info on them.

Fraya opened up the fridge and pulled out some left over orange chicken. "Morning." She greeted Rini when she saw her friend sit up.

Rini looked around and frowned. "They never came home?"

"No." Fraya answered quietly. She offered Rini some chicken and sat on the counter. "we have to call someone, or find someone that can help us rescue them. I know Raph was seeing someone..."

Rini leaned against the counter and put her head on her arms crying.

"This is no time to break down." Fraya told Rini with a pat on the head. "we must save our men! Maybe one of them have little black book or something."

Rini lifted her head up and wiped her face off. "I don't think...They would...Want us snooping...Around."

"I think they'll get over it." Fraya said then went to work looking through the rooms.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Lazarus wrote:Once Serenity agreed to stay and watch the boys, Laz slowly stood up, keeping an arm around Lexi so that she could lean on him. He gave Serenity a smile of appreciation and started to lead Lexi out the door.

Lexi was thankful for the support. She really needed it right now. She managed a quiet thanks to Serenity, then allowed Laz to walk her out the door. Fortunately for her, the guards were doing a wonderful job of keeping the press off the floor, and they managed to make a clean getaway without drawing any of the media's attention.

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:53 pm

*Raphael had been sleeping through the night despite a nightmare or two. He felt this whole thing was hopeless and his dreams certainly conveyed that and it didn't help waking up to the Shredder's booming voice. He slowly openned his eyes thinking that it was part of his dream but soon came to realize he was fully awake. The pain in his arm and head told him so. He stayed in the corner and glared murderously up at the Shredder.*

Leo didn't answer the shredder. He just stared at the man. He wanted nothing more then to get out of the cage and kill the bastard and was certain that his brothers were feeling the same way.He folded his arms and waited to hear what the man had to say.

Don wasn't able to go back to sleep, but at least his tears had ceased. He was just staring blankly at the wall in front of him, reflecting on how he made the costly mistake that put his whole family in danger. How could he have been so foolish? He shouldn't have gotten so attached to this new life. He did like some aspects of it, but it wasn't worth putting everyone in danger. He couldn't even look at his brothers right now due to his tremendous guilt. He was abruptly pulled out of his thoughts by the Shredder barking at them. Slowly he turned his gaze towards his ex-employer but said nothing. The defeat was evident in his eyes.

Saki's voice echoed through the dungeon like a bad song, bouncing off the walls and ringing in Mike's head. The young turtle grimaced as he tried to curl into an even tighter ball, as if doing so would make the pain go away. But the more aware he became, the more torment he was in. The noises continued to tug at him, pulling him back to the surface. He struggled to open his eyes, a blood-curling scream emitting from between gritted teeth...

"Good you're all awake." Saki sad as he walked along the cells. He turned to Mike when he screamed and hit the bars with the palm of his hand. "Silent, you!" He demanded then turned to Don. "And you! UNGRATEFUL! I open my home to you, house you, cloth you, feed you. This is the thanks I get? Betrayal!" Of course Shredder knew that it was going to happen, so it wasn't really a slap in the face, he expected his brothers to come for him. "Maybe you can make it up to me..."

*Raphael was surprised by Mikeys sudden scream of pain, and when Shredder told him to be quiet, Raphael felt like he was going to explode.* "Ya goddamn fucker!!" *He spat at the Shredder as he now stood up glaring defiantly at him.*

Don winced at hearing his brother cry out but kept his eyes on the man. They only narrowed at him in a glare and he kept silent. There would be no more deals with him. He'd rather die than serve the Shredder again. However, he had lost all the fight in him for now.

Leo tried moved closer to Mike's cage when he screamed out. He ignored Shredder for now, trying to sooth his youngest brother. Then he finally looked up. "He needs medical attention." He said knowing full well that shredder already knew this.

Shredder left the cells for a moment then returned with a small first aid kit. He opened the Don's cell door enough to toss the kit in there with him then locked it back up. "There are two drugs in there. One will get rid of your brother's pain. The other will kill him. You'll find that they are not labeled. Choose wisely."

But Mike didn't register Saki's orders. He was completely disoriented, and blinded by the overwhelming pain that earned another pained cry. It took everything he had just to open his eyes, and his wakening was immediately greeted by intense nausea. He lost his stomach contents as he struggled to push himself into a sit, his hazy eyes frantically taking in his surroundings. His eyes fixated on Shredder, and he quickly scooted to the back of his cell, huddling in the corner, next to Raph's bars. The shap pain in his chest was making itself known. He glanced down at his mangled plastron, struggling to keep from vomiting again...

Don's eyes continued following the Shredder until he disappeared from view. It was then that he looked over at his little brother again, his eyes softening immediately, full of sadness. Mike paid the biggest price of all. Just when he thought all his tears had been spent, he felt his eyes welling up once more. It was then that the Shredder returned and tossed him the first aid kit. At first he thought the Shredder was showing a smidgen of compassion after all until he spoke again. Don's eyes widened in horror when he was told that he would ultimately be deciding his own brother's fate. He flashed a deadly glare at the Shredder once more then eyed each bottle carefully. He swallowed hard again. He could do this...he knew he could.

Leo looked over at Don. Would he chance it? It really didn't seem worth the risk, that was until he heard Mike scream again. Maybe it would be worth the risk. But shouldn't they let Mike decided that? "Don...How sure are you that you can pick the right one?"

*When Shredder ignored him Raphael just grunted, and was glad when the Shredder walked away. His attention was fuly on his little brother right now and he winced at the sight of his brothers agony. Raphael knealed down as close to Mikeys cell as he could and his features softened as he tried to think of what he could do...Hell he knew there wasn't anything he could do and it was heartbreaking. As Mikey got closer Raphael tried fitting his hand throught the bars thinking some kind of contact would comfort him.* "Jus' hang in there Mikey.." *He pleaded which was something that was rare for Raphael to do.*

Shredder watched on, eager to see what Don would do. Let his brother suffer or chance killing him. Wither way he would be ending Mike's suffering.

Don continued studying the two drug containers then looked up at Leo, shaking his head. "I don't know..." he told him softly -- quiet enough that only Leo could hear him. He was well aware that the Shredder was watching and definitely wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing Don squirm. In the darkness, it was impossible to see how they were different inside and smelling the two substances was out of the question. Sighing heavily, he crawled over to Leo and whispered, "What should I do?"

But Leo didn't know what to do either. Though, his thoughts were along the lines of Shredders. No matter what Don did, Mike wouldn't be in pain anymore. They were all going to die there anyway. But he didn't voice his thoughts. "I think...I think maybe you should let Mike decided what he wants to do." Leo finally said. It seemed to be the only fair thing to do.

Oblivious to the choice that Don was having to make, Mike pressed himself against the bars, getting as close to Raph as physically possible, considering their limitations. The small touch was indeed comforting, relieving a tinge of the fear he was feeling.

Don was also on the same train of thought as his brother and the Shredder. He knew it was bad and as much as it hurt him, he didn't want Mikey to suffer anymore. He nodded to Leo, but wasn't sure how they could send Mike the memo. He absolutely hated this! He wasn't sure live with himself if he had to be the one to end his brother's misery...once and for all. On the other hand, if he made the mess, it was his job to clean it up.

*Raphael knew that Shredder had thrown something in Donatellos cage but wasn't sure what the hell was going on. He was relieved that Mikey was able to get closer and Raphael tried his best to rub his shoulder. The guilt he felt over this was almost over whelming, and still felt it was his falt for leaving him to fend for himself. Even though that wasn't what he intended..* "I'm..sorry Mikey.." *He whispered, he wasn't even sure Mikey could hear.*

But Mike could hear, it was just nearly impossible to focus with the overwhelming pain nearly crippling his every ability. He couched violently, freeing his throat of some of the blood, and shifted his gaze to Raph. "It's not.. your fault.." If anything, it was his own fault. For coming here. For all he knew, he was the reason his brothers had come in the first place.

*Raphael had to look away when Mikey threw up again, the smell was horrible but he would be damned if he moved. Mikeys cell was disgusting, he had already been laying in his own blood all night and now there was vomit all over the place. He knew they deserved more then to be treated like animals, heck animals even got treated better then this. Raphael breifly shook with anger but tried to push it aside, his little brother needed him and he knew the Shredder didn't give a shit about any of them!* "The hell it isn't." *He replied back and tried to look over to see what his other brothers were doing but it was no use.*

Don's eyes widened again in alarm and looked over into Mike's cell. The coughing itself was really bad and it made the guilt and overall pressure nearly suffocating. He gripped both bottles tightly in each hand and pressed his face against the bars, trying to see Mikey better. "Mikey..."

Mike would've tried to reassure his brother, if talking wasn't so painful. Hearing the familiar tone of Don, he looked in the voice's direction, trying hard to focus on him. "...Donnie?"

He barely heard his brother's weak voice but it was there. He felt more tears filling his eyes and a few escaped and slid down his cheeks. "Do you want me to try?" His voice shook with every word, laden with emotion. He was trying so hard to hold it together while in the presence of their enemy, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

Mike could hear the sadness in his brother's voice, detecting the tears through his hazy vision. God, he hated this. Hated knowing they were all upset, and he really couldn't do anything about it. "It's.. gonna be okay, Donnie." He tried to reassure, despite his own doubts, and the pain that tried to convince him otherwise. Hearing Don's question, Mike gave him a look of confusion. "Try.. what?"

...and Don nearly lost what little composure he had when he heard his little brother's reassurances. He swallowed hard and tried to hold more tears back as he explained. "I have something that might help you. But it could also kill you," he stated carefully. It was becoming much more difficult to decide what he should do. No matter what, Mikey's suffering would end. But he needed to know what Mikey wanted.

As much as Mike wanted the pain to stop, he did NOT want to die!! Even though death seemed inevitable, for all of them at this point. And to make it worse, if this drug killed him, he knew that his brother would never forgive himself. He couldn't let Don shoulder that kind of guilt. Despite the agonizing pain he was in, Mike managed a quiet chuckle. "Heh.. whatever happened to a good ol' fashioned band-aid, and a lolli?"

And that was it. Don couldn't take it anymore and broke down for a second time. Even in the worst pain in his life and his little brother could still make jokes. He sat back on his heels and dropped both bottles to the floor with a clatter. He couldn't do it.
    Lexi: With Laz' assistance, Lexi climbed down into the damp darkness that felt so familiar. The smell wasn't as breathtaking as it had been during her first encounter, though, she still couldn't compare it to a bed of roses. She cleared the ladder, and waited for Laz to climb down.

"Fine waste of my time." Shredder said, angered that Don wasn't going to give Mike either of the medication. But Shredder was in fact thinking about helping the turtle. Yes he enjoyed watching the four suffer in their torment. But, the last thing he wanted was Mike making more of a mess. And if he had to be perfectly honest with himself. He felt bad for the young turtle. After all, He was just a kid, and came to take on a whole tower of ninja for his brother, there was something to be admired for that kind of loyalty. And now he was slowly dying. Shredder picked up the phone that was down there and called the doctor. "The young one...Yes...Take him in.." With that he hung up. "I'll be back later. I have some things to take care of. The doctor will be in for him." He said nodding to Mike, then he walked out the room and up the stairs.

Donnie sobbed once then looked up at the Shredder. Was he really going to help him? It appeared so and the only thing Don said between broken sobs was a small "thank you". After taking a few minutes to regain his composure once more, he quickly stood up and kicked the two bottles to the back back side of his cell. Then he ran to the bars and gripped them tightly, giving Mike a small smile of relief.

Laz brought Lexi to the car and helped her inside. "So where are we suppose to meet this man?"

Lexi climbed into the vehicle, and through her tears, told Laz the location. Part of her was reluctant to get Laz involved, in case it was a trap. But she was also glad he was with her. She honestly couldn't do this on her own.

Laz drove to the location, that wasn't to far away from where they were at. First he drove around the building, making sure that there wasn't anyone hiding somewhere. Then he parked in the front of the place. He turned off the engine and looked at Lexi. "You sure you want to do this?"

Hearing Laz' question, Lexi shook her head. "No, I don't." She replied, voice weakened through her tears. "But, I have to know."

Laz nodded and slipped out the car then opened the door for Lexi. He then lead her into the building and quickly spotted Isa, who was waving at them. "Great..." He mumbled and walked Lexi to the table. She let her sit down then slipped in the booth next to her.

"Took you two long enough." Isa said and sipped on his drink. He looked at Lexi and frowned. "Still upset? Don't worry, you'll get over him. I see you already moved on." He said nodding to Laz.

Lexi's gaze followed Laz' to the man, gathering that he was the one they were meeting. Judging by Laz' comment, he must have known him. Her eyes narrowed to dangerous slits, wanting nothing more than to punch the bastard in the face, but she was trying to restrain herself.. for now. At least until he could present her with proof. She slid into the booth, her gaze never leaving the creep. But hearing his comment shattered that small ounce of reserve. "Fuck you." She seethed angrily, fist clinching beneath the table.

"You wish." Isa snapped back. But then, seeing that Laz was about to pounce on him, he got down to business. Isa pulled out Raph's tattered and blood mask and slid it over to Lexi. He also handed her his phone and flashed his sais. "I'm keeping the weapons. I want a trophy."

"I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole, you piece of shit!" Lexi shot back, wanting nothing more than to deck him one. But then, he presented her with the bloodied bandanna, phone, and Raph's most prized possession... his Sais. Her heart broke into a million pieces. Those weapons were so much a part of him, that she knew something was horribly wrong. They would have to pry them from his lifeless fingers. She completely broke down, losing that last ounce of reserve. Her fist flew across the table, aiming a punch for the asshole's face. "You give them back!"

And Lexi's punch hit it's mark. Isa rubbed the area that Lexi had hit and chuckled. "I don't think so." But the choice was soon out of his hands as Laz stood up and grabbed him by the shirt. He then punched Isa in the face, sending him crashing to the floor. By now they had gained the attention of the owner of the place, but Laz wasn't done with Isa. He punched them man over and over again, not giving Isa a chance to fight back.

Lexi took the opportunity to grab the Sais, seriously grateful for Laz' assault on the asshole. But the altercation was drawing a crowd, and the attention of the shop owner. As much as she wanted for Laz to kill this fucker, she didn't want him to get locked up. She tucked the Sais and other belongings into her purse, and gently took hold of Laz' arm. "C'mon, babe... before the cops get here.."

Laz let Lexi pull him away from Isa, the man was lucky, but Laz saw him again on the street he wouldn't be so lucky again. He quickly ducked out the place with Lexi and got to the car. "Did you get everything?" He asked, not wanting to leave until she had everything that she needed and wanted.

Lexi hurried out with him, her mind racing, heart beating wildly in her chest. It wasn't until she climbed into the vehicle that the heaviness of it all overtook her once more. She pulled the tattered fabric from her purse, holding it up to her nose to inhale his scent, savoring while it still hung to the bandanna. She couldn't control the tears, nor could she find her voice to answer Laz. Her free hand pulled one of the sais, resting it in her lap..

Seeing that she had gotten the sais, Laz started the car and pulled back on the road. He softly put a hand on her knee and gave it a light squeeze. "You want me to go to the tower...See if I can find out what they...Ya know, did with him?" It was the only thing he could offer her. He knew that nothing he said or did could ease her pain. But maybe he could help her find some closure.

"No." Lexi replied, weakly shaking her head. "I can't.. lose you too." As much as she wanted.. no.. needed closure, she couldn't risk it. There was no stopping the tears, nor did she try. Her heart was shattered. It felt like the last straw that would surely break the camel's back. She gingerly ran a finger along the Sai's middle prong, down to the leather binding that wrapped the handle.

Laz wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. "Yer not gonna lose me. I promise. But..." And he trailed off. What if the others weren't dead. Isa only mentioned Raph, what if the others were still alive? But he was scared to give Lexi that hope if it wasn't true. So he changed the subject. "You want to go back to the hospital...Or somewhere else?" He wasn't sure if she wanted to go to the turtles' place and pick up some more things.

Lexi wasn't sure where she was supposed to go from here. She felt lost. "I.. don't want to be around Jake like this." She managed to reply, in between body-wrenching sobs. She needed to pull herself together first, if that was even possible. Right now, it was certainly out of the question. She honestly didn't think she could handle looking at Raph's room, but she briefly wondered. What if, by some chance, one of them made it out? They would go home, right? "Go to 7th and Bleeker.."

Laz nodded and turned the car, going to where she instructed. "What's there?"

Lexi knew the lair was top secret, and she shouldn't be taking Laz there. But her boys were gone. There was no harm in him knowing now. Besides, she trusted the man with her life, and knew without a doubt he would never do anything that would hurt her. "His home... kinda." She would wait until they got there to explain that they would be going underground.

Laz knew the turtles lived underground, all the foot and most of the Dragons did. Where underground he had no idea. So when Lexi said they were going to Raph's home, he knew sorta what that meant. He got to the location as fast as he could and parked in alley. He reached in the glove compartment and pulled out a flash light.

Seeing him reach for the flashlight, Lexi assumed he already knew. She slid out of the vehicle, and pulled her jacket tightly around her, trying to keep warm. She mentally tried to prepare herself for the trip to the lair, remembering that horrible smell that accompanied the sewers. A stench she would never forget. Fortunately the lair was equipped with enough candles and incense to drown out the horrid smell. She moved over to the giant manhole cover, and gave Laz an apologetic look. "Hope you're ready for this."

Laz slipped out the car and followed Lexi. He gave her a soft peck on the cheek then lifted the manhole cover. "I'll be fine, babe." He turned on the flashlight and pointed it at the ladder. He took Lexi's hand and helped her down the hole.

With Laz' assistance, Lexi climbed down into the damp darkness that felt so familiar. The smell wasn't as breathtaking as it had been during her first encounter, though, she still couldn't compare it to a bed of roses. She cleared the ladder, and waited for Laz to climb down.

Laz climbed down after her and landed in the murky water. He wrinkled his nose but shook the smell off. What was he suppose to expect from the sewer? "Lead the way." He told her and handed her the flashlight.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male

Post by Oroku Saki on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 am

Soon a tall man in a white coat walked in the basement. He had with him a stretcher and some IVs hooked up with medication. He opened up Mike's cell door and walked inside. "My name is Dr. Delgado." He introduced himself to the young turtle. "I'll get you all fixed up." He motioned to two of the ninja that was standing guard outside the cell. "Get his legs." He told them.

The doctor was carful with picking up Mike and putting him on the stretcher, the ninjas how ever, were not so careful. But soon Mike was on the bed and Dr. Delgado put an IV in Mike's arm and started a drip with strong pain medication.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:59 am

Leo watched the doctor carefully. Not that there was anything that he could do if the doctor hurt Mike more. But it seemed that the doctor really was there to help Mike, that only confused Leo. If Shredder wanted them dead then why bother helping them. He was confused, but grateful. The only thing that Leo could conclude was that maybe Shredder did have a lest a small bit of respect for them. He doubted it, but it was a nice thought anyway.

It wouldn't be the first time Shredder surprised him with kindness.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:52 am

Serenity rocked Jake in her arms and walked around the room. She softly sang to the baby, hoping that one day she would be blessed with a beautiful baby. Of course that was kind of hard when she had never had a boyfriend. With a quiet sigh she sat down by Gabe's side and reached over to pet Jigs.

"Hey Jigs, how's our patent doing?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 am

Laz jumped a little when his phone rang in his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Lydia. "What does she want?" He wondered out loud.

"Yeah?" He answered as he walked with Lexi. Went Lydia told Laz what she needed he stopped in his tracks and groaned. "This is a really bad time...No...I know but..." There was no getting out of this. If he didn't go, Hun would hunt him down. But he couldn't just leave Lexi, she needed him now.

He finally hung up the phone with the promise of being on his way and quietly followed Lexi, not sure of what he should do.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Lexi took the light and led them towards the lair, doing her best to avoid the sludge and debris that had been washed down from street level. She was quiet during most of their journey, struggling to get her tears under control. It was no use.

Just as they reached the lair's entrance, she heard Laz' cell phone. Se waited for him to hang up, sighing inwardly. She dropped her head as she pushed open the door, already knowing what the call meant.

"You have to go, don't you."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Laz followed her inside then put an arm around her. "No. I don't have to. Hun wants me to, he's been trying to get in touch with me for days. But you need me. And that's more important to me." He told her and kissed her cheek. "I'm not just going to leave ya."

He looked around the place and was quite amazed, the turtles had done pretty well for themselves. Then his head turned in the direction of a voice.

"I don't think we're alone in here."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Lexi sighed deeply. She didn't want him to go, but she had been around gangs long enough to know what defiance would buy you. "I just don't want you to get hurt, babe." She said quietly. "I know how strict Hun can be." Still, she was touched that he chose to stay with her.

Hearing his comment, she grew quiet. It didn't take her long to pick up on the voices, causing her to pull one of Raph's sais from her purse...

Post by Fraya on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Rini had peaked her head out of Leo's room and quickly alerted Fraya. Soon Fraya was coming out of Leo's room, holding his sword in front of her. Seeing that it was Lexi she dropped the weapon and ran up to her in tears.

"Thank god you're here! They guys, they're in trouble! Shredder has them!" She told her frantically. " I've been calling people that's in Leo's phone book, trying to get a rescue group together. But all I've found is an Angel and Serenity."

Rini slowly walked up to the new comers but stood behind Fraya.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Oroku Saki wrote:Soon a tall man in a white coat walked in the basement. He had with him a stretcher and some IVs hooked up with medication. He opened up Mike's cell door and walked inside. "My name is Dr. Delgado." He introduced himself to the young turtle. "I'll get you all fixed up." He motioned to two of the ninja that was standing guard outside the cell. "Get his legs." He told them.

The doctor was carful with picking up Mike and putting him on the stretcher, the ninjas how ever, were not so careful. But soon Mike was on the bed and Dr. Delgado put an IV in Mike's arm and started a drip with strong pain medication.

Seeing the men entering his cell, Mike grew nervous. Why would the Shredder help him? He could only assume that they were going to do more experiments, which caused him to become defensive. He gave them a threatening glare, and tried to kick off the ninjas that were assisting the doctor. But still, he found himself on the makeshift bed.

Fortunately it didn't take the drugs long to kick in. His angered gaze softened, hinting at appreciation. Still, he just didn't get it. He looked at the doctor with mild confusion. "Why.. are you doing this?"

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male

Post by Oroku Saki on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm

The doctor looked at Mike and gave him a soft smile. "Because it's my job to heal those who are sick and hurt. Why Shredder is helping you...You'll have to ask him. Unfortunately, I have to do everything in this cell." the doctor informed as a nurse cam in with some lamps and other items that he would need. "Shredder doesn't want to risk you escaping, but...I just don't see you doing that in your condition."

The doctor shone the light on Mike and placed a sterile blue sheet over his face to keep the light out his eyes, and so he wouldn't see what was going on, he didn't want the young turtle to freak out from seeing the tools he would be using.

"I'm going to give you more medication. It might not put you to sleep, but you wont feel a thing."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Fraya wrote:Rini had peaked her head out of Leo's room and quickly alerted Fraya. Soon Fraya was coming out of Leo's room, holding his sword in front of her. Seeing that it was Lexi she dropped the weapon and ran up to her in tears.

"Thank god you're here! They guys, they're in trouble! Shredder has them!" She told her frantically. " I've been calling people that's in Leo's phone book, trying to get a rescue group together. But all I've found is an Angel and Serenity."

Rini slowly walked up to the new comers but stood behind Fraya.

Seeing who the 'intruders' were, Lexi placed the Sai back into her purse. She recognized Fraya, but the other girl was a complete stranger to her. Great. Fraya was dragging strangers down into the Turtles' home. But then she remembered, it no longer mattered. They weren't coming home.

Hearing Fraya's comment, she nearly lost it all over again. She choked back a quiet sob, trying to find her voice. "They're.. dead."

Post by Fraya on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Fraya frowned at that and shook her head. "No...No they're not." She said with tears in her eyes. "Shredder wouldn't have killed them..."

But Rini fell to her knees sobbing. Fraya tended to her friend, wrapping an arm around her. "they're not dead." She told Rini. "We both know Shredder wouldn't just kill them."

Rini could only nod, but she couldn't help to think that maybe Fraya was wrong. What if they were dead. She couldn't catch her breath as her sobs trembled through her whole body.

"Well...I'm not giving up on them until I see for myself." Fraya told the small group and wiped her eyes. "They wouldn't just give up on us."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Don continued keeping his face pressed against the bars, trying to see what was going on in Mike's cell. But it was no use; the angle just wouldn't allow him to see anything in detail. He could only hear what was going on, and in a way, that was a little unsettling. He'd much rather see what was going on for himself.

The Shredder may not want to dispose of them like this, but that didn't mean he wouldn't make them suffer. And he still couldn't believe how foolish he had been to trust Saki in the first place. Surely Don has his own personal torture coming because of his betrayal to him.

He tore his gaze away from Mike's direction only long enough to shoot Leo a worried glance.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Fraya wrote:Fraya frowned at that and shook her head. "No...No they're not." She said with tears in her eyes. "Shredder wouldn't have killed them..."

But Rini fell to her knees sobbing. Fraya tended to her friend, wrapping an arm around her. "they're not dead." She told Rini. "We both know Shredder wouldn't just kill them."

Rini could only nod, but she couldn't help to think that maybe Fraya was wrong. What if they were dead. She couldn't catch her breath as her sobs trembled through her whole body.

"Well...I'm not giving up on them until I see for myself." Fraya told the small group and wiped her eyes. "They wouldn't just give up on us."

Like Rini, Lexi didn't believe Fraya. She had Raph's sais, after all. She knew her boyfriend would NOT give those up. She wiped at her own tears, shaking her head.

"Why would the Foot lie to me?" She wondered out loud, wondering how it would benefit Saki, or his men. But still, even if there was the slightest chance that he was still alive, she would fight to get him and his brothers out of there. "How... how do you know what happened?"

Post by Fraya on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:51 pm

"We were there." Fraya told Lexi. "Mike went to get Don, then everyone left so I followed. And...We were hiding in the closet when the foot came in Don's room and attack them. Shredder found us...Ordered our deaths but...We got away.They were alive when we left."

Fraya plopped down on the couch. "I'm going back to the tower to get Mike. You guys can come if you want. Even if they are dead, I don't want my man's body at the mercy of those monsters!"
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:42 pm

Even though Mike was a bit concerned by all of the equipment, he was in no condition to fight it. And heck, did he really want to fight it? If this guy was going to help him, and take away the pain, why not go for it? He gave a weak nod, agreeing to the pain medications that the doctor was offering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:02 am