Christmas in the city

Mason
    Lurker

Male
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2010-07-04

Re: Christmas in the city

Post by Mason on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Mason got up from his seat and stretched. "Well, we got to get going. Dad wants me at his place to do a Christ....." He looked at Mikko and realized that not only was he going to have to take Travis back, but that she wasn't invited to join the family for Christmas. In fact, their father was still denyning that he even had a daughter.

He gave a deep sigh and held out his arms for Travis. "Don't make this harder then it has to be, you'll get to see him again, I promise." He told her.

Mikko frowned and held Travis close to her chest. "I'll bring him to you later then." She said. "Let me have him for the day, I'm going to be seeing other people. And I know they'll want to see him."

Mason sat by Mikko. "I have to take him with me, I can't leave him here with you."

"Yer not taking him." Mikko said firmly.

Mason then reached over to take Travis. That's when Mikko pulled the gun out. "Yer not taking him." She said and pulled the hammer back on the gun.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Gabriel on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity started to tell him about the dragons and the turks. How they kidnapped him and beat him up. She told him about Spike and Mikko.

She told him that Mikko had been there, and called Lexi and her friends for help. Of course, she didn't know that Mikko tried to kill Lexi to save face in front of Spike.

Seren told him that for a while everyone thought that he was dead, they even had a funeral for him.

She then told him that, sadly, his home had been burnt down.

"And that's the story. The guy who did this to you, Spike. Mikko ended up killing him." She said.

Gabriel's eyes slid closed as he tried to take it all in, but it was a lot to process, and names were once again becoming blurred. He knotted his brows as if in deep concentration, trying to remember. But everything from his past life had been ripped from him. But a deep ingrained fear of hospitals remained. A small, incomprehensible trait from his past.

After a moment, he opened his eyes and looked at Serenity, almost pleading, as he reached for the tape that held his IV needle into place. He weakly dug at the tape, trying to pull it from his bruised skin. "I.. wanna go."

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:00 pm

Serenity took his hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze. "I know you do. But...You have to get better." She told him. But seeing the look in his eyes, she couldn't leave him here if he wanted to go.

"If you leave here..." She started an lightly placed a palm on his cheek. "You will still need to stay in bed, and have nurses and doctors look after you. But, I can set that all up so that you can stay at my place, and be safe. But if I do that, you have to promise me that you'll not try to run off or something."
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 am

Mason wrote:Mason got up from his seat and stretched. "Well, we got to get going. Dad wants me at his place to do a Christ....." He looked at Mikko and realized that not only was he going to have to take Travis back, but that she wasn't invited to join the family for Christmas. In fact, their father was still denyning that he even had a daughter.

He gave a deep sigh and held out his arms for Travis. "Don't make this harder then it has to be, you'll get to see him again, I promise." He told her.

Mikko frowned and held Travis close to her chest. "I'll bring him to you later then." She said. "Let me have him for the day, I'm going to be seeing other people. And I know they'll want to see him."

Mason sat by Mikko. "I have to take him with me, I can't leave him here with you."

"Yer not taking him." Mikko said firmly.

Mason then reached over to take Travis. That's when Mikko pulled the gun out. "Yer not taking him." She said and pulled the hammer back on the gun.

"Do you think CoCo will be jealous?" Ally asked, watching as the two pups sprinted around the den, wrestling and tugging each others ears. She chuckled at the puppies antics, but the mood soon changed when Mikko pulled a gun on her 'brother'. She tensed, grabbing little Riley and pulling her close. She wasn't sure what was about to go down, but in all honesty... she couldn't blame Mikko for trying to keep her child.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192

Post by Gabriel on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity took his hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze. "I know you do. But...You have to get better." She told him. But seeing the look in his eyes, she couldn't leave him here if he wanted to go.

"If you leave here..." She started an lightly placed a palm on his cheek. "You will still need to stay in bed, and have nurses and doctors look after you. But, I can set that all up so that you can stay at my place, and be safe. But if I do that, you have to promise me that you'll not try to run off or something."

At first, he was sure she would tell him no.. he would have to stay here. He would be here for months, confined to this bed.. this prison. But, it seemed she was on his side, and willing to help him leave this place. He returned her hand-squeeze, and gave a small nod in response. He was willing to agree with anything to get out of this place. Away from the sounds and smells of the hospital that seemed all too familiar.

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Serenity leaned up and pressed a kiss against his forehead. She then sat up and grabbed her phone. "Just got to make a phone call." She told him.

She knew that he couldn't leave unless his 'girlfriend' said he could.She really didn't like that the woman had that kind of control over Gabe.She wouldn't have mind it so much, if Lexi really was his girl and she was around more offten.

She dialed Lexi's number and and ruffled Gabe's curly hair as she waited.
    Riley
    Original Character

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by Riley on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 pm

But little Riley wouldn't stay by Ally. She had seen many guns in her short life, and even witness the damage they could do. She was no stranger to death, but was worried for the little baby. Even at her young age, she wanted to protect the life that couldn't protect himself.

She rushed up to Mikko and put her little hand on her lap. "Aunt Miko! You scare the baby." She said with a deep frown.

Ace's heart went into this throat when he watched Riley run up to Mikko, and was ready to jump in if he had to. But Mikko looked down at the little girl and offered her a smile. "Shhhh, it's ok." She told Riley then turned back to Mason.

Riley put her hands on her hips and stomped her foot on the ground.

Bones finally stood up and placed a hand on Mason's shoulder. "What's it going to hurt if she keeps the kid for the day?"

Mason was out numbered and was starting to regret ever showing up.
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2009-06-14

Post by Christopher on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Chris had been busy making a few preparations for Christmas before Kim would wake up. He wrapped a few presents then got busy preparing for their special meal he had planned. Chris spared no expense to give Kim the best Christmas she's ever had. Everything MUST be perfect.

While waiting for the rest of the meal to finish, he pulled out his phone. Since Mikko was spared...in more ways than one, he thought he might call her and wish her a 'Merry Christmas'. He hoped she would at least have a decent one.

He found his phone on the end table in the living room and picked it up. He hesitated briefly before finding her number on speed-dial and waited for her to pick up. He had no clue about the chaos that was unfolding at Mikko's place.
    Kimberly
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 61
    Registration date : 2010-08-21

Post by Kimberly on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:09 am

Kim was sleeping soundly in the bed. She did wake up for a moment when Chris got out of bed, and thought about getting up as well, but then ended up falling back to sleep.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:12 am

Christopher wrote:Chris had been busy making a few preparations for Christmas before Kim would wake up. He wrapped a few presents then got busy preparing for their special meal he had planned. Chris spared no expense to give Kim the best Christmas she's ever had. Everything MUST be perfect.

While waiting for the rest of the meal to finish, he pulled out his phone. Since Mikko was spared...in more ways than one, he thought he might call her and wish her a 'Merry Christmas'. He hoped she would at least have a decent one.

He found his phone on the end table in the living room and picked it up. He hesitated briefly before finding her number on speed-dial and waited for her to pick up. He had no clue about the chaos that was unfolding at Mikko's place.

When Mikko's phone started to ring she glanced at it. Mason and Ace then acted. Ace took Travis and Mason pounced on Mikko. He grabbed the gun from her and pinned her on the couch.

Bones grabbed the gun only to find out that it wasn't loaded.

Mason got off of Mikko and she was able to answer the phone. "Hello?" She said a bit shaken. She got up and carefully took Travis from Ace. Mason still wasn't getting her kid.
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male

Post by Christopher on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:28 am

Chris was happy to hear Mikko's voice but he could tell by her tone she was really stressed. He decided not to ask about that now and only focused on the reason for his call in the first place.

"Hey, Mikko. Listen, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and hoping you're having a good one. So, how've you been?" He paused and waited for her response.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:32 am

"Hey." She responded. She was not expecting Chris to call her. But was happy to hear his voice. "I've been...Not too good." She told him. "My Christmas isn't going so great either. Mason is trying to take Travis again." She said.

Christopher
    Original Character

Male

Post by Christopher on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 am

Chris' jaw dropped in response to her answer. "Oh man. That bastard. I'm so sorry, Mikko. Is there anything I can do?"
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 am

"You can come over and kick his ass." she told him. "I know you know where I am. That was you sneaking around the house, wasn't it?"

She had been wanting to ask him that for a while. She was pretty sure that it was him.
    Christopher
    Original Character

Male

Post by Christopher on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 am

Chris sighed. "I meant any legal shit, babe," he replied, rolling his eyes. "And I can't come over right now, anyway. I'm in the middle of cooking. Who's all there with you?"

Then he heard her next question and bit his lip. Oh, shit! He'd been found out! Though he shouldn't have been surprised. Mikko was one smart chick, after all. "I was just doing my job." At least part of it. He didn't think he could follow through with the rest. Luckily, he didn't have to...this time.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:53 am

"Mmmm..lucky we didn't let the dog out on ya." She sighed and glared at Mason. "No..There's nothing you can do. Ace is here. And Ally and some other people. I'll being going to see Daisy later."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Lexi wrote:Lexi rested her cheek against his shoulder, and gently caressed his arm, wishing that there was something she could do to take away the pain. She knew he was struggling to be strong, but she could sense the inward struggle he was dealing with. Tylenol wouldn't touch the pain. He needed something strong, and while Lin would've seemed the more obvious choice to get drugs from, her own personal supplier was the first to come to mind.

Still remaining close by Raph's side, Lexi reached for her phone to call Ace, but was interrupted by an incoming call. "Hey.." She greeted, recognizing Serenity's number...

"Hey." Serenity greeted back. She spared Gabe a smile. "So...Gabe's up and talking. They took the tube out. And...He wants to leave." She paused a moment before continuing.

"I know it's soon. But, I hate for him to be someplace he's not comfortable in. It's not good for the healing process. If you give the ok. I can bring him to a cabin outside the city, i'll gladly pay for at home care for him. He'll be taken care of I promise."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758

Post by Lexi on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:07 pm

"He's.. talking?" A much needed smile spread across Lexi's lips. She really wished she could be there now, but Raph needed her here. It was a difficult situation to be in. Having three loved ones, all severely injured and spread so far apart.

Through her happiness, it slowly registered what Serenity was telling her. Gabe was wanting to leave the hospital. Her smile began to falter. "What... did the doctor say? Is he strong enough to leave?" She asked, already knowing the answer to that. He was just taken off the machines. He had been immobile for months. His muscles were weak. Not to mention, he had suffered a pretty serious brain injury.

"He has a phobia of hospitals." She told Serenity. "Long story." She heard Serenity's offer, but as much as she liked the girl, she didn't feel comfortable with him being anywhere but with her.. where she could watch him. Protect him. And hopefully work with helping him remember his past. "We'll talk about it when I get there." She told Serenity, not wanting to discuss her concerns over the phone. "I'll be there as soon as I can." But first, she would have to get Raph taken care of, and make sure he would be okay without her for a little while.

Female

Post by Serenity on Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:12 pm

"I haven't talked to the doctor yet." She told Lexi. she gave an unseen nod. "Ok, but hurry." She told her. After saying her goodbyes she hung up and looked at Gabe.

"She's busy, but will be here as soon as she could. Think you can hold on till then?" She asked Gabe. But she was also trying to think of a way to go around Lexi.

Serenity knew that Gabe really should stay in the hospital. But, if she had to be honest. both of them would probably be better off if he got out, and she took him and Jigs home.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Ally tried to pull Riley back, afraid that things were about to turn horrible, but relaxed when she saw the little girl would be in no danger. Unfortunately there would be no time to breathe in relief. Soon, Ace was involved, and Bones gained control of the gun. Part of her was wondering if it was time to go. What if Ace was accidentally shot? It would be her luck, losing the person she loved the most on Christmas. She was in a near panic when Bones finally revealed there were no bullets in the gun.

Still, her nerves were completely shot, and the mere thought of losing Ace brought her to the breaking point. She had already lost so much. The danger was clearly over for now, but she couldn't get herself under control. Not wanting to burden anyone with her emotions, she rushed into the bathroom and closed the door, locking it behind her...
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 am

Ace rushed after Ally. He knocked on the door and put his ear to it. "Babe? Are you ok? Can I come in?"
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Ally sat on the edge of the bathtub, burying her face against her hands and trying hard to pull herself together. She was shaking uncontrollably. Everything was finally catching up, and the fear of loss brought on by the mere sight of that gun had pushed her over the edge.

Her body jerked when she heard the knock against the door. She tried to muffle her sobs before answering, not wanting to ruin his Christmas with her never-ending emotions. She made a futile attempt to wipe at her tears as she stood up, and made her way over to the medicine cabinet where she quietly began searching the shelves, hoping to come across something that would calm her nerves.

Unfortunately there seemed to be nothing hardcore, just Tylenol and other weak over-the-counter drugs. But she finally unearthed a bottle of hydrocodone. Not the strongest of drugs, but better than nothing. She swallowed four of the pills, chasing them with water, catching a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror. Her mascara was smudged beneath her eyes, and streaking her cheeks. She wiped it away as best she could, and brushed away the tears before finally cracking the bathroom door, her saddened gaze meeting Ace..
    Ace
    Original Character

Male

Post by Ace on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:26 pm

When Ally finally opened the door. Ace stepped inside the bathroom with her and held her close. "We're going to get out of here. I have another surprise for you. I'm going to see if Mikko will babysit Riley and the puppies for us."

He kissed her cheek and gave her a smile. "ok?"
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Ally melted into his arms and buried her face against his chest. She was quiet for a moment, trying to choke back the quiet sobs that caused her body to quiver. "I saw that gun... and...I'm just.." She choked, squeezing him tightly. "..so afraid of losing you, too."

When he mentioned leaving, she slowly looked up, wondering what he had in store for her. Her trembling hand wiped at her tears, and she gave a small nod, figuring it would do her some good to get out for a while, just the two of them. "Okay.."
    Ace
    Original Character

Male

Post by Ace on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Ace gave her a squeeze. "babe." He said kissing her lips. "She had the safety on. Mikko doesn't know the first thing about guns. I knew I would be safe."

He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her again. "Come on. I think you could use some fresh air."

He lead her out of the bathroom and walked up to Mikko, who was still on the phone. He gave her a hundred dollar bill. "Can you watch Riley and the puppies for a few hours?"

Mikko frowned a little but took the money and nodded."I chained the dogs up so it's safe." She told Ace.

Ace gave Riley a hug and told her to be good, then took Ally's hand and led her out of the house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:27 am