Christmas in the city

Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Re: Christmas in the city

Post by Mikko on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 am

Mikko gave Ally a hug. "Yer welcome. I wish he was here too." she said softly.

When Ally mentioned the gifts to Ace, he stood up. "Nothing is wrapped. Sorry." He said then gave Mikko and the guys gifts. He then looked at Ally and held up the heart shot glasses. "Babe. Who's this for?" He asked Ally.

Bones also took out gifts and handed a life sized stuffed poodle to Riley. She took it and hugged it tightly.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:52 am

Ally returned the hug as best she could, and watched as Ace handed out the gifts. She really hoped that everyone liked theirs. As much as she hated to give up little Travis, she knew that his mother was probably dying to hold him. She gave him a gentle squeeze, then carefully handed him back to Mikko.

"I want to be a part of his life." She let it be known, and spared a glance over at the man who had brought him here. Her gaze soon shifted over to Ace as he held up the shot glass that she had gotten for Gal. Her chest constricted, not knowing what to say. She gently took it from him, and carefully placed it in her purse. "It's.. for a friend..." She hated not being completely open with him, but the last thing she wanted was to hurt him.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 am

Mikko took Travis back and held him close. Mason gave Ally a nod.

Ace just shrugged it off and everyone passed around gifts to each other. Bones gave Ally a gift, wrapped up. But it was obviously a bear. "I wouldn't open that in front of the kiddies." He told her.

Nicholi
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2010-08-18

Post by Nicholi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 am

Nick had been pretty quiet. But once everyone had their gifts in hand he leaned forward.

"Why didn't you go to the fair with Gal?" He asked Ally. "He said he was taking you and would be away all day."
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Ally managed a grin when Bones gave her the present. Yeah, it was obviously a bear, but hearing his warning, she gave a small nod of understanding. What could be so bad? But she decided to open it in private. She pressed a kiss against his cheek, and ruffled his hair. "Thanks, Naughty." She winked at him.

Her attention was then drawn to Nick, hearing his question. How to answer that? She knew that Gal and Nick were friends, so she would automatically be the bad guy, no matter what. She sighed inwardly.

"Because he threatened Ace." She told him. "I wanted to go with him. I wanted to be his friend. But I think he sees me as nothing more than a conquest. A trophy that has to be won, or.. taken." She frowned sadly. "I seriously think he was off his meds yesterday.. because that's not the Gal I know." She was quiet for a moment, but couldn't help but ask. "..How... is he? Does he hate me?"
    Nicholi
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2010-08-18

Post by Nicholi on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Nick couldn't be sure if Gal was on his meds or not. He gave a shrug. "Gal died in the fire. He wouldn't have been in the fire in the first place, if you would have spent the day with."

"Nick!" Bones slapped Nick on the back of the head. "Now is not the place or time." He seethed, but tried to keep his tone down so he wouldn't scare the kids.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 pm

Ally was completely taken aback by that. She suddenly felt numb, finding it impossible to breathe. She looked at Nick in complete disbelief, finding it hard to register what he was saying. No. Gal couldn't be dead. Nick was just trying to upset her. Still, she was unable to suppress the tears.

"That's not funny, Nick.." She scuffed. "I.. don't know what I've done to you to make you want to hurt me..." Her tear-filled gaze then shifted to Bones, pleading. "Is Gal okay?"
    Bones
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Bones on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Bones sat next to Ally and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry, babe. Gal passed away. The firefighters said that it looked like he was trying to protect one of the girls with his body. They found the two sitting in a corner." Bones told her.

"It's not your fault. Gal chose to go back in the fire to save the woman."

Mikko frowned at that. Indeed this was a bad time to tell someone their friend was dead.

"Nick...Maybe it's time for you to go." Mikko said. She had a feeling that Nick would only cause more problems.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

It felt as if the world had stopped spinning in that moment. She could only stare at Bones for a moment, hoping that his features would betray his 'lie'. But she saw nothing but truth, and sympathy. She could feel her heart shattering into a million pieces, her lungs constricting.

"No.." She cried, melting into Bones' sympathetic hug. She sobbed against his shoulder, unable to hold back her tears, or her emotions. Obviously, she loved him. Even if the man never really cared about her. "We.. have to make things right between us.." She managed in between body-wrenching sobs. "He.. can't die.. mad at me.."
    Bones
    Original Character

Male

Post by Bones on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 am

Bones hugged Ally tightly. Ace handed Riley over to Mason and also went by Ally's side.

Mikko watched on, but soon Nick attacked her as well.

"And you. If it wasn't for you! We wouldn't have lost so many friends. Our place wouldn't have been destroyed and Dice would still be around."

Mikko gave him a confused look, as did Bones. "What?" She said in disbelief.

"If we hadn't gone to see you at the jail, we would have been at HQ to help out!"

Bones was growing angry now and guided Ally over to Ace before standing up. He went over to Nick and plucked him off the couch. "You know that's not true. Nothing that happen is anyone's fault but the Dragons."

"I want you to go now, Nick." Mikko said.

Mason stood up and walked over to Nick. Mikko put an arm around little Riley and watched on.

It took both Mason and Bones to toss Nick out of the house, and of course the dogs helped him leave the yard.

"He'll be back." Bones warned. He then went back to Ally. "He wasn't made at you." He said remebering what she had said. "Tomorrow is the funeral. You should go, try and get some closure."
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 am

Ally clung to Bones, until he moved away to take care of Nick. Now, Ace was by her side, and she was scared of how he would react, seeing her this upset over the death of his enemy. But try as she might, she couldn't control her tears. "I'm... sorry." She whispered, burying her face in her hands. "I tried not to care... but I can't help how I feel." She wasn't expecting Ace to understand. No-one ever understood her. Everyone she cared about always ended up dead, and that was doing little for her mental state.

She could hear Bones speak, but couldn't look up. His words would be little comfort. Bones hadn't seen how angry Gal was with her, when he stormed out of the restaurant. She would have to live with knowing she had broken his heart on his last day on earth... a bitter pill to swallow. She planned on attending the funeral, but for her.. there would be no closure. She couldn't turn back time and make things alright again. It was too late.
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 am

Ace wrapped his arms around Ally and hugged her close. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He told her.

Riley crawled up in Ally's lap and hugged her. "Don't be sad, mommy" She said. She didn't want to see her new mommy cry. It was Christmas! People were suppose to be happy.

Ace kissed Ally's cheek. "You want to go home?" He asked. Wondering if she still wanted to hangout with everyone.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Ally wasn't expecting for Ace to be so understanding, and so patient with her. She still wasn't used to this kind of treatment from men. She finally looked up at him, and melted into his embrace, burying her face against his shoulder. She gently hugged Riley with her free arm, wishing she could get herself under control. She was sure that her emotions were ruining the mood for everyone. Everybody would be better off if she just isolated herself, or disappeared.

Hearing Ace's question, she looked up at him, and gave a sad nod, unable to find her voice. She had been looking forward to spending time with Bones and Mikko. It was a rare opportunity, and it broke her heart to have to go, but she knew she couldn't be good company to anyone. This was the first Christmas she had ever looked forward to celebrating, but like all the years before this, it had been robbed from her.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Mikko squeezed between Ally and Bones. ans held Travis in one arm and put her other arm around Ally.

"I'm sorry Gal's gone. But...it's Christmas, I think he would want you to have a good time. He's probably watching you right now." She lifted Travis up.

"We don't want you to go." She said and pressed her cheek to Travis' and pouted.

Travis turned to his mother and opened his mouth wide and gummed her nose.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Gabriel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity had mostly stood in the hospital with Gabe. She left twice a day to take care of the dogs, and when Mikko finally took Ripper back, it took a load off of Serenity's work.

She had bought gifts for Lexi, Chris and Kim and Kendall and Daisy. And of course for Gabe and Jake.

Now she was sitting on Gabe's bed flipping through TV channels waiting for him to wake up.

The first day of Gabriel's consciousness had been spent sleeping. Just the simple task of being awake was exhausting, not to mention, the pain killers kept him in a constant haze. He had slept through Lexi's visit, but did manage to hear her talking to him. He responded to some of her words with small hand-squeezes, but he was just too exhausted to wake up.

Day two, he was more alert, and growing frustrated with his current condition. It seemed the doctors couldn't remove the breathing tube fast enough, and he had managed to muster the strength to do it himself. Unfortunately his lungs weren't strong enough to function without the machine's assistance, and he was forced to endure the agony of having it reinserted. The nurses felt it would be in his best interest to restrain his arms, which did little good for his psyche. He felt trapped, and completely helpless.

But now, it was a new day, and the doctors felt that his lungs were strong enough to function on their own. The doctor came into the room, grinning warmly at Serenity. "Morning." She greeted, and rounded the bed, taking notes of Gabriel's vitals. "He should be strong enough for us to remove that tube." She told Serenity, and began removing his restraints. Hearing the nurse's loud voice, Gabe's hazy eyes slowly fluttered open, fixating on the woman.

"You ready to get that tube out?" She asked, not expecting an answer. But remembering his and Serenity's 'code' system, he blinked twice for yes, wishing there was a code for 'hell yes'.

The nurse grinned at that, and prepared him for what she was about to do. "You're going to feel slight discomfort, but I need you to breathe out as I pull, okay?"

Once again, Gabriel gave her the blink response, and did as he was told. It burned like a motherfucker, but at least the damn thing was out of his throat. He coughed violently, and lifted a trembling hand to rub his sore throat, feeling the scar that had nearly claimed his life...

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Serenity was so happy to hear that the tube was coming out. She was eager to speak with him, and she knew it had to really suck to have that thing in his throat.

She got a glass of water and when the nurse pulled the tube out, she offered it to Gabe.

"Here this should help." She said with a warm smile.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Mikko wrote:Mikko squeezed between Ally and Bones. ans held Travis in one arm and put her other arm around Ally.

"I'm sorry Gal's gone. But...it's Christmas, I think he would want you to have a good time. He's probably watching you right now." She lifted Travis up.

"We don't want you to go." She said and pressed her cheek to Travis' and pouted.

Travis turned to his mother and opened his mouth wide and gummed her nose.

Ally tried to listen as Mikko spoke, but the pain in her heart made it difficult to focus. She still felt that everyone would be better off if she left, but she tried to consider Ace. It wouldn't be fair to pull him away from his friends. "You.. wanna stay?" She asked him. She would do it.. for him, if that's what he wanted. Maybe Mikko or Bones would have something that could help her 'relax' a little.
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 pm

"I do. but I don't want you to feel uncomfortable by staying." He told her.

Mikko chuckled at Travis. "Your nephew is going to be a biter...Just like his dad." She added with a wink.

Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 pm

"We'll stay, then." Ally replied quietly. She didn't like being a spectacle during her 'weakness', but they seemed to understand.

She managed a faltering grin at Mikko's comment, and she reached up, caressing her nephew's cheek. "You're lucky, Mikko. You'll always have a little piece of Spike." She told her, and leaned in to kiss Travis' cheek.

She was trying to get her mind off of Gal, and the regret and guilt that she felt, but it was proving difficult. She wanted to see if Mikko or Bones had pain killers, but didn't want to ask in front of Riley. But she also didn't want to call them out of the room, not wanting Ace to feel that she was keeping anything from him.

"Do.. either of you have anything that'll take the 'edge' off?" She asked, slightly dropping her gaze..
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity was so happy to hear that the tube was coming out. She was eager to speak with him, and she knew it had to really suck to have that thing in his throat.

She got a glass of water and when the nurse pulled the tube out, she offered it to Gabe.

"Here this should help." She said with a warm smile.

Gabe pulled his hand away from his throat, and reached for the offered glass of water. His hand was unsteady, but he was trying hard to regain his independence. He guided it to his lips, managing a small sip before nearly losing his grip on the cup. It was enough to discourage him, causing him to hand it back to Serenity.

"Th..an..ks..." He managed to whisper in a hoarse tone, wincing at the pain in his throat. His own voice sounded so foreign to him.

"Your throat will be sore for a while. You should keep talking to a minimal for now." The doctor suggested. But it was a suggestion that Gabriel would not be taking into consideration. He had waited so long to speak-- to communicate with the girl that had been faithfully at his side.

"We'll see about getting you some real food in here later on today." The doctor told him giving his foot a small squeeze. "We'll need to keep you on a liquid diet for a few days, though. Until your throat gets a little better." She patted him on the leg, then headed towards the door, pausing long enough to look over her shoulder. "If you need anything, just buzz me." With that, she slipped out of the room.

Now, Gabriel's gaze fixated on Serenity, and for the first time since coming back from the dead, he managed a weak grin, conveying his gratitude for all she had done for him.

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Serenity took the cup back from Gabe. She would have to find a straw for him, so that he could drink more then that little sip.

She nodded to the doctor and watched as she left the room. She then turned her attention back to Gabe and returned his smile. She sat on his bed and ruffled his hair. "Must be nice to get that thing out of your throat. I'm sure you have lots you want to talk about."
    Bones
    Original Character

Male

Post by Bones on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Ally wrote:"We'll stay, then." Ally replied quietly. She didn't like being a spectacle during her 'weakness', but they seemed to understand.

She managed a faltering grin at Mikko's comment, and she reached up, caressing her nephew's cheek. "You're lucky, Mikko. You'll always have a little piece of Spike." She told her, and leaned in to kiss Travis' cheek.

She was trying to get her mind off of Gal, and the regret and guilt that she felt, but it was proving difficult. She wanted to see if Mikko or Bones had pain killers, but didn't want to ask in front of Riley. But she also didn't want to call them out of the room, not wanting Ace to feel that she was keeping anything from him.

"Do.. either of you have anything that'll take the 'edge' off?" She asked, slightly dropping her gaze..

Bones dug in his pocket and took out a pill bottle. "Here this should help. just take half of one though." He told her. It was X, And he knew that it would put her in the parting mood.

Mikko didn't say anything about the drugs, Ally was having a hard time, and she wanted her to have some fun on Christmas. She smiled at Ally. "yeah....But, I do worry that he'll grow up and be a little too much like Spike...I want him to be better then his parents."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:14 am

Serenity wrote:Serenity took the cup back from Gabe. She would have to find a straw for him, so that he could drink more then that little sip.

She nodded to the doctor and watched as she left the room. She then turned her attention back to Gabe and returned his smile. She sat on his bed and ruffled his hair. "Must be nice to get that thing out of your throat. I'm sure you have lots you want to talk about."

Gabriel watched her intensely, struggling to keep focus. He managed another weak grin as she sat on the edge of his bed, and ruffled his hair. "Ye..ah." He managed to respond, coughing a little from the irritation in his throat.

He was still heavily under the influence of the pain meds, which eased most of the pain. But it also made him disoriented, and even more confused than he would have been. He made a weak attempt at grabbing his IVs, trying to pull them out.

"When...can.." He had to pause and give his throat a rest. "...home?" He tried to finish, but structuring whole sentences was too difficult at the moment. Hell, he didn't even know where 'home' was, he just knew that he wanted to go there. Away from this place.

Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 am

Bones wrote:
    Bones dug in his pocket and took out a pill bottle. "Here this should help. just take half of one though." He told her. It was X, And he knew that it would put her in the parting mood.

Mikko didn't say anything about the drugs, Ally was having a hard time, and she wanted her to have some fun on Christmas. She smiled at Ally. "yeah....But, I do worry that he'll grow up and be a little too much like Spike...I want him to be better then his parents."

"Thanks." Ally took the pill from Bones, and held it protectively in her hand. She really owed him one. Her gaze then shifted to Mikko as she expressed her concerns about little Travis. She reached over, caressing the baby's cheek. "I'm sure he'll grow into a fine young man." She managed a small, weak grin. "As long as he has good influences in his life." And despite her problems and own personal demons and imperfections, she would try to be that.. around him, anyway.

"Care if I head into the kitchen and grab a drink?" She asked Mikko. Sure, she could've just swallowed the pill without anything to chase it with, but she really needed some alcohol right now, but was mindful not to drink it in front of the kids. Besides, she needed to get away long enough to open that present of Bones... the curiosity was beginning to eat away at her.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:17 am

Serenity gently took his hand in hers. "As soon as you are strong enough. You'll either stay with Lexi or me when you get out, I suppose that'll be your choice." She told him.

She then stood up and found a straw. she put it in the cup and offered him the water, holding the cup and straw for him.

"oh. and Merry Christmas." She said. "I got you a little something."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 am