A Blue Christmas without you.

Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Re: A Blue Christmas without you.

Post by Lexi on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Luckily it didn't take long for him to drift off, but she still felt really guilty about having to lie to him. She waited for a moment, making sure that he was in a sound slumber before carefully crawling off of the bed. She wanted to kiss him, but feared that it would wake him.

Sorry, babe. I'll be back soon. She inwardly apologized, and headed out of the bedroom. She made her way into Jake's room, making sure that he was okay. Luckily he was sleeping, but she wondered if she should take him with her. No-one seemed too eager to take care of him for her. But, Serenity was here now. She figured that the woman wouldn't mind. She leaned over the crib and kissed the baby's tiny forehead, then quietly slipped out of the room.

She found Leo, and asked him to keep an eye on his brother, then headed to Gabe's room. She knocked softly against the opened door, then stepped inside. "I have to make another trip into town." She said, tiredness in her tone. "Could you keep an eye on Jake?" She asked Serenity.

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Serenity giggled at Jig's reaction to her dogs, but her attention was soon on Gabe. She hurried over to him and ajusted his pillows so that he could sit up more comfortably. When he requested water she gave a nod.

"No trouble at all." She told him and hurried out to get him water. She soon came back with a glass of ice cold water and a straw. She carefully handed it to him, holding on to it until Gabe had a good grip. She would hold the glass for him if he needed her to, but didn't want him to feel helpless.

Then Lexi popped in saying that she was leaving again. Where was she going? She wondered, but didn't ask. "Sure, no problem." She told Lexi with a smile.

She was almost tempted to jokingly ask for babysitting fee. But thought against it. Even though it would have been just a joke, she didn't think now was the right time to being saying such things.

Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:46 am

Gabriel took the water from her, doing his best to keep a steady hand, but it was hard. Still, he managed. He took a sip, the coolness of the liquid soothing to his burning throat. It was still hard to swallow, so he kept it slow despite how thirsty he was.

He managed a quiet 'thanks' as he handed her back the glass, his gaze shifting to Lexi as she spoke...

"Thank you." Lexi replied. "I won't be gone long." She added, and started to leave, but noticed the cat out of the corner of her eye. Her gaze shifted in the direction of the feline, a frown hinting at her lips. Serenity had never said anything about a cat. True, she wasn't particularly fond of cats, but she had a different reason for being uncomfortable with the unexpected guest.

Her gaze once again fell on Serenity. "Gabe's allergic to cats, so I wouldn't let it too close to him."

Female

Post by Serenity on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:00 am

Serenity took the glass back and placed it on top the dresser, making sure it sat on a coster. when Lexi mentioned the cat, she frowned deeply. It was obvious that she had a lot to learn about the man she had grown so fond of.

"I'm sorry. I'll put the cat outside." She told Lexi, the last thing she wanted was to cause poor Gabe more issues. She didn't care for the cat anyway. Plus, with it outside she wouldn't have to worry about it tearing up the nice furniture.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:54 am

Lexi felt a little bad. She didn't want the cat to freeze to death, but at the same time, Gabe didn't need anything else going against him right now. His immune system was weak, and it just wasn't worth the risk. She was also worried about her furniture... one of the many reasons she wasn't too fond of cats. They were so destructive.

"Maybe... someone else can keep him for you?" She suggested.

Female

Post by Serenity on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:57 am

"Mmmmm...Maybe, I'll have to see. if not, I'm sure she'll be fine outside."

Serenity sat down on Gabe's bed and reached down to give Jigs a pet. "So where you running off to?" She finally asked, her curiosity was just eating away at her.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:41 am

Leo checked in on Raph then headed to the kitchen with April. He sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. He propped his elbow up on the table and watched April run around the kitchen.

"It smells good. Can't wait to eat." He finally spoke. "Hopefully the others come soon." And hopefully it doesn't come back and bite them in the ass. He thought to himself.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Don ignored Mike's concern for his own injuries. Not that he wasn't grateful for Mike's consideration, but this wasn't the biggest issue right now. He waited for Mikey to sit down then crouched down next to him so they could talk with their voices low. "I...I'm just not sure what to do, Mike. Do you think Master Splinter sounds normal to you? I can't help thinking something is off." He paused and glanced over to the kitchen's doorway again, making sure their sensei wasn't following them. "I'm worried to give out Lexi's location," he continued, still keeping his voice low. "The Shredder's searching for Lexi, too. I saw it in the news reports." He stopped again to sigh heavily. He knew he was just rambling now, but there wasn't anyone else to vent to. And Don was really, REALLY frustrated right now.

Lexi hoped that Serenity would be able to find a friend to leave the cat with. Hearing her question, she was quiet for a moment, thoughtful. "I have no idea who he is, but he says he has something to tell me about the guys." She told her. "I need to find out if he's someone we should worry about."

"Ooooh. Well be careful." Serenity told her. The last thing poor Lexi needed was more to worry about. She gave Lexi a small smile, letting her know that she would make sure everything was alright around the house. She then turned back to Gabe. "Feel like watching TV or something?"

April smiled at Leo. "Thank you! I just hope that it taste as good as it smells. I also hope that there will be others around to eat." Leo moved around April and grabbed a spoon, he dipped it into one of the dishes and took a bite. April waited for his stamp of approval, but not wanting to be rude, he just smiled and set the spoon down. "I'm sure they'll like it."

Unfortunately, Mike hadn't really seen the news reports. He had just been 'on' the news. Not necessarily the 15 minutes of fame he had been hoping for. He rubbed the back of his neck, thinking about Don's question, and finally gave a soft nod.

"Yeah.. something seems.. 'off'.. but. what should we do? What does Leo think?"

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Lexi replied. "Thanks for taking care of everything."With that, she turned and headed out of the bedroom, and out of the house. She climbed into her car, and soon was once again destined for the city.

Gabriel quietly listened on to the conversation between Serenity and Lexi, his mind doing its best to keep up. Allergic to cats. He'd learned something new about himself, and thankfully not the hard way. He watched as Lexi left, his gaze traveling back to Serenity as she spoke, and gave a weak nod.

"Sure.."

...and that was the most frustrating thing. He talked to Leo, and he seemed okay with them all coming up. And Leo had talked to Splinter...it was just still to risky. He looked at Mike, shaking his head. "Leo thought it would be okay if we all went up there. But...I-I'm just not sure." He looked down at the floor, trying to collect the rest of his thoughts. 'This would be so much easier if everyone was in a decent condition to fight,' he thought then looked up at Mikey again. "I...suppose we can all go. But we really need to watch Sensei." And with that, he stood up again, somewhat shakily. "I need to talk to someone quickly. I'll be right back." Then he headed back into the kitchen, standing next to Rini then gave her a gentle hug. "Please be careful," he whispered. "I need to reunite the rest of my family." Then he pulled out of the hug and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. "I love you."

Serenity grabbed the romote and flipped on the TV. she then kicked off her shoes and laid next to Gabe. "Here you can have control of the TV. I don't really care what we watch." She handed over the remote and made herself comfortable.

Rini hugged him back, thankful that he wouldn't be joining her in meeting up with Shredder. She hated to keep things from him, but thought it was for the best. "OK. I love you too and you better be careful. Don't worry about me."

Bishop Was also on his way to meet up with Lexi. He knew that the woman would probably run as soon as she saw him. Just like every other idiot woman, running off before finding out what's going on.

Don gave her a small nod then hugged her once more. "Call me when you're done, alright?" Then he pulled away. He hated this, but he couldn't be in two places at once. He just wanted Rini to return safely back to him.

Rini: Rini nodded and reached up to give him a kiss. "I'll call right away. Promise."

Yeah, it would be risky, but Mike was happy with his brother's final decision. He just wanted his family to be together for Christmas. He sighed inwardly when he was left by himself, but tried to stay put... for now. But boredom was a fast-spreading thing, and a few seconds in.. he was already growing antsy. 1....2...3....4... He fidgeted, and sloooowly began to push himself up from his chair ...

"Thank you." He returned the kiss then let her go. Now came the really difficult part. Getting everyone together again. He wasn't quite sure of the directions to get there, so he had to call Leo again before they left. But first things first: getting Mike ready to go. He headed back out to Mike and saw him trying to stand up again and hurried over to him. "I told you I would be right back," he said in slight irritation, slipping his arm around Mikey to steady him.

Fraya: And there was Fraya, with cake. "Naughty Mikey, moving around." She playfully scolded and handed him the cake. "I think I'm going to have to punish you, naughty boy."

A small grin slowly stretched across Gabriel's lips when Serenity laid beside him on the bed. It was a closeness that felt so natural, as if he had known her for a long time.. from his previous life. He took the remote from her, and began flipping through the channels, though, he had trouble focusing on the screen. His vision still wasn't 100%. "Sure you don't wanna do this?" He asked, offering her the remote. "I have no preference..cuz I dunno what I like.."

Serenity took the remote back and laid her head on his shoulder. "Then I'll guess we'll have to find out what you like." She flipped through the channels and finally stopped on some christmas movie. "I guess this will do for now." She looked up at Gabe. "It's so pretty here. When your better, we should go for a walk along the beach or something."

Mike nearly jumped when his brother reappeared, obviously not expecting him back so soon. He flashed him a sheepish grin, and wrapped an arm around his neck as he supported him. "I know... but I saved you like, a step." He grinned, and the smile grew wider when Fray popped in with cake. He took it with his free hand, flashing her a devious look at her comment. "Heh.. that sounds like fuuun!"

Yeah, that show looked about as good as any of the others, though, he found himself focusing more on sound than the actual images. It was just easier. "Beach?" He asked, shifting his gaze to look at her. Obviously he was oblivious to just where they were.

"Mmmhmm. We're at Lexi's beach house. It's really pretty. Though cold." Serenity moved so that she was laying on her side. her little dogs were trying to get on the bed, but it was just too tall for them. "When you feel stronger, we can have a look around."

Don only rolled his eyes at both Mike's comment and the cake distribution. "Come on, let's get you ready. Then I have to make another call."

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Lexi drove quickly back into town, hoping that this meeting wouldn't take long so that she could get back to her 'family'. She felt a little nervous as she parked her car in front of the posh restaurant, her gaze fixated on the building. She wasn't sure what would be waiting for her, or what she would face. What did this person want?

She took a deep breath and stepped out of her car, keeping alert of her surroundings as she headed inside...

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Bishop parked his car and climbed out. He took a look around, and soon spotted his 'date' walking in the building. He pulled his glasses off and tucked them into his pocket before hurrying behind the woman.

"Ah, Lexi. It's so good to see you."

He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "I have the best table in the place reserved for us." He motioned to her to continue inside with a charming grin, but never took his hand off of her.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Lexi nearly jumped when she heard the voice coming from behind her, and felt the hand grasping her shoulder. She quickly spun, her gaze fixating with the person responsible. Even though their 'meeting' had been brief back at the lab, she recognized that face. The face of Raph's tormentor. The devil.

"You?!" She seethed, her surprise giving way to an angry glare. She wanted nothing more than to tear into him. But this was a public place, and an altercation would draw unwanted attention, and she knew the Paparazzi would move in like vultures summoned by fatally wounded prey.

As much as she wanted to struggle and pull away, she kept walking. He had called her here to tell her something, and leaving in haste would make this trip a waste of her time.

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Bishop simply smiled and walked her silently to their table. It was right by a window,the view was of a large lake, lit up with colorful water falls.The table was decorated with black and purple roses, it matched the red table cloth perfectly. It was the only table that had such a set up. All requested by him.

He pulled a chair out for Lexi to sit down. He then took a seat across from her. The waiter brought them wine and menus, and bread sticks.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Lexi. I must admit, you look lovely."

Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Lexi was not at all happy with this situation, but she took a seat in the chair that 'John' pulled out for her, angry gaze never leaving him. She ignored his compliment, feeling that he was trying to butter her up for something. If not for the fact that this man had tried to kill the man she loved, maybe she would've noticed how attractive he was, but all she could see were a pair of devil horns.

"What do you want?"

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:31 pm

"Honestly? Well, I needed a break from my stuffy lab. I wanted a date, so I called. I only have an hour sadly, though you are more then welcomed to come back to the lab with me."

He poured wine into her glass and placed it back in the ice bucket.

"But...I'm sure you will need more reason to not get up and leave me here." He added dryly. "That's fine." He reached over and placed his hand on top of her's. He looked up at her with a grin.

"Hows about this. You let me wine and dine you. Treat you to the best New York has to offer, for one hour. In return. I promise. To answer any question you have. Any question at all truthfully. Of course there are some government things I can't talk about. But anything else goes."

He opened his menu and peeked at her from above the fancy menu. "Deal?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:45 pm

Was he... serious?! Did he really think that she would be willing to spend an hour with him, after he had caused her days of hell? When he placed his hand on hers, she quickly pulled away.

"..why did you try to kill him?" She blurted out, half-knowing what his answer would be. "Does it give you some sick pleasure to see others suffer? To rip lives apart?"

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Bishop couldn't help the deep chuckle that escaped his throat. "Of course it does. I wouldn't do it, if I was repulsed by it."

He sat the menu down on the table and took a sip from his glass.

"But. That's not why I tried to kill your boyfriend. In fact, his dead means very little to me. See, what I'm after is answers. Answers to why. Why is he like the way it is. Why did this 'ooz' have such an effect. And the how. How can I use it? How can I profit? How can I benifit from this...mutation? Not just for myself, but internationally."

The waiter then came back. He ordered lobster and pasta and ordered the same for Lexi.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 pm

His chuckle only angered her that much more. She wanted nothing more than to punch him in that smug mouth of his, but she was forced to hold her composure.

"He was fucking conscious when you sawed him open!!" She snapped, seriously having to fight back the tears. "You're heartless." But she knew his type. People like him thought 'experiments' didn't have feelings, or souls. "They bleed.. they feel just like you and me. They're not animals.... hell, not even animals deserve to be treated like that!" An angry tear managed to escape past her best attempts, but she was quick to brush it away.

"You say you can give me answers, but how can you when it was answers you sought? What is this to you, some kind of sick game? Toy with Raph's girlfriend because you haven't met your daily quota of asshole'ness?"

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:18 pm

"I sought answers, from a scientific stand point." He noticed the tear, she seemed to be very emotional. week, it would seem. So much emotion for a reptile, that wasn't very healthy.

"A game? No. But I am fasinated by your strong emotions for the turtle. He was awake, because I couldn't very well give him medication. It might alter my test results. Even lab rats bleed, dear Lexi. And maybe your eye sight is going bad, because they are, in fact, animals. Not just any animals, but animals that could possably help man kind. Think about it. A cure for cancer, or AIDS. Child hood alments. So much could be learned. Are you really that selfish? You would deprive humanity all of that, because you decided to go all P.E.T.A? Think! Lexi. Think what could be gained."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm

"Yes, I guess I am selfish. Because his life means more to me than a 'possible' cure. I'm not stupid. Blood and tissue samples could've been taken without endangering his life but you chose the more barbaric method!" She seethed. Any method would've been a violation to Raph as far as she was concerned, because it was without his consent. But 'John' had proven just how twisted he was.

She stood from her chair, deciding there was nothing to gain from this 'meeting', besides a rise in her blood pressure.

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm

But Bishop wasn't one to let some woman walk out on him. He reached up and grabbed her arm. "Not hungry?" He asked. His voice thick with venom. He stood up from his chair, dropping cash on the table.

"Then maybe a walk will clear your head." He leaned close to her ear. "Don't be foolish, woman!" He hissed. "I had no intentions of dissecting you, but I could easily change my mind."

He then stood up straight and smiled. "So, shall we go then?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Lexi was not expecting him to grab her, especially not here in public. Beneath all the anger, she was slightly fearful of what this man was capable of, but she wouldn't let that show. "Let go of me!" She seethed, attempting to pull herself free.

"Didn't your mama ever tell you that you can't always have your way?!"

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:54 pm

"Maybe...But I can't seem to recall that far back." He grabbed her coat and pulled it over her shoulders. "Now don't make a scene, You only have forty more minuets to go. Let's make them pleasant."

Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Lexi seriously thought about causing a scene, but knew it would only cause more trouble for her. Of all days, she didn't need the media on her heels. She just wanted to go home and be with the ones she loved. She was inwardly beating herself up for even coming, but she had no way of knowing what awaited her.

"Fuck you." She snapped, jerking her arm away from him, then slid into her jacket. 40 minutes.. she would go with him, to avoid causing any more problems for herself. "Let's get this over with."

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Bishop snaked an arm around Lexi and lead her out of the building. He was a little upset that he didn't get to eat, but he could always grab something on the way back to the lab.

Once they were outside, he walked her around the corner, towards the small lake.

"So, Lexi. Tell me. How did you meet...what did you say his name was? Raph?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Lexi was not comfortable with leaving the building with him, but she didn't have much of a choice. Go with him for forty minutes, then go home to her loved ones... or cause a scene, and get caught up in the aftermath for God only knows how long. Her heart was racing, fear coursing through her veins, but on the surface she remained composed.

She couldn't believe his topic of 'small talk', but what the hell. There was no reason why how she had met Raph should be a secret. "I got... attacked by some thugs." She told him. "..and he saved me. But I seriously doubt you care about that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 am