The Most 'Wonderful' Time of the Year

Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

The Most 'Wonderful' Time of the Year

Post by Donatello on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:56 am

Donatello continued getting stronger as the days passed. He used his staff as a crutch as he maneuvered around the lair, sometimes with Rini's help. He was also still on some pretty strong pain medication, but overall, he was doing decently. But that was only physically. Mentally, he was still a pretty big mess. Here it was Christmas but he really wasn't in a joyful mood.

The reason why was because of the state of his entire family. He was still healing from his own wounds, but he was the best off besides Leo. Speaking of Leo, he wasn't around much because he kept bouncing between there and Lexi's beach house. Raph was still pretty much comatose as far as Don knew. His little brother was still recovering from major wounds of his own, and finally, their father was still in the tower. Don hadn't heard anything from him since they all busted out of there...three days ago.

Now that he was more mobile, Don was able to monitor Mike's condition. He was relieved things seemed to be going well, but Mike had a long way to go before he recovered fully. There were days that Don would just sit by Mikey's bed and watch him sleep. He couldn't believe how fragile he looked. But at least he was healing; and he had the best company available -- Fraya.

Now Don was trying to fix up the lair with a few decorations. Not much had been done yet with so much going on in their lives, recently. Especially chaos. He decided to make the best of the holiday, even though more than half of his family was so far away now. He had been so tempted to go visit Raph, but was worried about leaving Mikey.

Leo had relayed what had happened with Raph recently and he was happy to hear things went so well. He knew Raph was tough and would pull through, but it still really concerned him about the amount of blood his brother had lost. He also was aware of what had happened to Raph in Bishop's lab. It was hard to say which brother had it worse between Mikey and Raph.

Don had a very small Christmas tree. One that he had rescued from the junkyard and cleaned up, then stored in his lab for his own desktop around the holidays. Since the lair didn't have its own tree this year, he decided to set that one up on an end table in the living area, adding a few ornaments to it. Then he stood back and admired it, leaning against his staff, a small, yet satisfied smile on his face.

"Well, it's not much, but at least it's something," he said then turned to Rini who was standing behind him.
    Leatherhead
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2010-12-30

Re: The Most 'Wonderful' Time of the Year

Post by Leatherhead on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Leatherhead had spent the last few days at the turtles lair only going home when he needed food, supplies or his own shower. He often even cooked for them so none of them would have to worry about their next meal, but would otherwise stay out of the way except to ask occasionally how they were doing and if they needed anything.

Returning from his last trip to his home, he- as quietly as a giant crocodile could- wandered into the lair smiling a bit as he spotted Donatello up and about. "Ah, how are you feeling today, Donatello? Are you hungry?" he offered Rini a bow of his head as well.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female
    Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2010-07-16

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 am

Angel had been spending most of her time at the lair. She got everyone some gifts and helped decorate the lair.

She was in the bathroom shooting up when she heard LeatherHead's voice. She cleaned up and splashed some water on her face then stepped out.

"Hey." She greeted everyone. "Merry Christmas!"
    Rini
    Original Character

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2010-08-05

Post by Rini on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 am

"Very festive!" Rini said excitedly. She had not left the lair sense she had got there. She stood right by Don's side.

When LeatherHead walked in she flashed him a smile, but jumped a bit when Angel seemed to come out of nowhere. "Um hi." She greeted the purple haired girl.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 pm

The last several days had mostly been spent sleeping, and trying to heal from the horrific injuries he had sustained during his efforts to rescue his brother. His rest was often robbed by horrible nightmares, but the youngest turtle was trying so hard to hide just how affected he was over his ordeal. It was Christmas, and everyone was supposed to be happy. But it was difficult, even for him. He wanted so badly to see Raph, and he was worried about his father.

Despite what he had been through, and how shattered everything seemed right now, he felt lucky to have Fraya always at his side, and had often woke to see Don at his bed-side. Yeah, he had the best brothers, ever!

Unfortunately, Mike had been too injured and sick to lavish the lair with his creative Christmas decorating this year. It was always his thing, and something he looked forward to. But he would be excited to see the decorating that his purple-clad brother had done. While the others were out admiring Don's creativity, Mike was still curled up in his warm bed, sound asleep, snuggled up against Fraya. He was awaken by a restless Klunk, who began kneading his snout, wanting some attention. Slowly, his eyes began to flutter open...

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 am

Fraya never left Mike's side. Though she was starting to feel a little closed in. Really she hated it down there in the sewer, but kept that to herself. She didn't want to worry Mike with her issues.

She was just so use to the big open spaces of the tower.

Now she was curled up next to Mike, his cool body felt comforting aginst her skin.

When Mike started to stir, she awoke and looked up at him and the cat. "Looks like someone wants to play."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 am

Donatello managed a bright smile in her direction, chuckling lightly. "Thanks." He reached over with his free hand and pulled Rini close to him, still glancing at the small tree. "I wish more could have been done. I just find it quite symbolic with the circumstances, right now." He sighed heavily then turned to the other people in the room.

"As a matter of fact, I am," He gave his large reptilian friend a smile. Then he waved a little at Angel as she came into the room. "Merry Christmas, Angel. To all of you," he added, glancing around the room, giving Rini a lightly squeeze with his arm still around her.

"I might have to find some mistletoe for us," he whispered to Rini, kissing her cheek. He just wasn't too comfortable with public displays of affection while everyone was in the same room.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female
    Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2010-07-16

Post by Angel Alvarez on Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 am

"Oh my god you two, get a room." Angel said rolling her eyes and taking a seat by the table. She rubbed her eyes and gave a big stretch.

Rini snuggled close to Don and looked over at Angel. "Were's your guy at?"

Angel shrugged at that. "Hell if I know." She said as she laid her head on the table.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 am

Fraya wrote:Fraya never left Mike's side. Though she was starting to feel a little closed in. Really she hated it down there in the sewer, but kept that to herself. She didn't want to worry Mike with her issues.

She was just so use to the big open spaces of the tower.

Now she was curled up next to Mike, his cool body felt comforting aginst her skin.

When Mike started to stir, she awoke and looked up at him and the cat. "Looks like someone wants to play."

Happy that he had accomplished his mission, Klunk crawled onto Mike's side, curling up against him. Mike was still in a lot of pain, but he greeted Fraya with a crooked grin, and nuzzled her cheek.

"Mmm.. morning..." He smiled tiredly, and pressed a soft kiss against her skin. "Heh.. you're definitely good to wake up to!" He nuzzled her again, taking in her sweet scent. "Sleep well?"

Post by Fraya on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

"Yeah I am pretty awesome like that." She teased and kissed him. "I slept good. What about you? How are you feeling?" She asked, snuggling against him.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Splinter walked calmly and slowly into the lair. he walked to the kitchen where everyone was and took a seat. "Merry Christmas." He greeted the room, acting as if he had never been gone.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Fraya wrote:"Yeah I am pretty awesome like that." She teased and kissed him. "I slept good. What about you? How are you feeling?" She asked, snuggling against him.

"Hehe.. you are definitely awesome!" Mike returned the kiss, and blew a raspberry against her cheek. "Mmm...I slept good, because I had the most awesome bed-warmer ever!" yeah, he decided to leave out the bit about the nightmares. It was just something he would have to learn to deal with.

"A lil achy, but I'm good." Okay, a lot achy, but he didn't want her to worry. She had done enough of that already. And while the babying was nice, he didn't want her exhausting herself.

He was unaware that his father had returned home. Boy, was he in for a pleasant surprise...

Male

Post by Donatello on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am

Donatello had used his staff to walk into the kitchen and eased himself down in a chair at the table. He had his back turned towards Splinter so he didn't see his father come in, but heard his voice and did a double-take. Then he blinked several times, hoping his eyes weren't playing tricks on him or he was dreaming.

"M-Master...Splinter...?" He just couldn't believe it. Was this really his father and how was it possible? Last he knew Splinter was serving him and his little brother medicinal tea in the tower. Don knew he couldn't be still hallucinating from the pain meds.

"How...?" Right now, Don wasn't sure whether to hug him or back away from him. If Splinter was here, then how the heck did he get there in the first place. Then a horrible thought came over him. If he and the Shredder were actually working together, then...was he being tracked? This was their safe haven from their enemies. Was it possible their own father had blown their cover?

It would be quite the irony, for sure...
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Splinter smiled at everyone in the room. Rini was also a little leery about what was going on. Angel just sat back in her chair. She figured that Splinter would find a way out of that tower.

"Shredder thought that I should spend Christmas with my sons. I've missed you all very much. But, Where is your brothers?"
    Fraya
    Original Character

Post by Fraya on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Fraya nuzzled and kissed Mike's neck and cheek. "Good." SHe said and sat up. "I'll go get us some breakfast!"

She planted another kiss on his lips and headed out the door. But she wasn't out long, she soon came back in smiling widely. "Splinter is here!"
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Don was still trying to get over the shock of their father showing up out of the blue, in their home, of all places. It sure sounded like him. But why would the Shredder release him back to them...even on this day? It just didn't make sense! Not without a catch, anyway. As much as Don wanted to be happy Master Splinter was back for Christmas, he was still very apprehensive. Even enough that he couldn't tell the elderly rat Raph's exact location -- if he even knew himself.

"We've missed you too, Master Splinter," he told him honestly. "Mikey's still recuperating in his room and Raph and Leo aren't here right now. Raph was greatly injured and needed additional care elsewhere. I don't even know exactly where they are. I've been keeping an eye on Mikey since I've been able to move around even more."
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 am

Splinter nodded his head. "I'm relieved that you are all ok. I was worried, but, I sadly could not leave the tower till today."

Rini handed him a cup of tea, which he took and sipped slowly. "I hope that we can get everyone together today."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Don still wasn't too certain whether this was legitimate or not, but until proven otherwise, he would give it the benefit of the doubt. He gave his father a warm smile. "I'd love that too, Master Splinter."

Leonardo wrote:Leo was happy to hear that Lexi was ok with everyone meeting at her home. He left the room and grabbed his phone, he then called Don, hoping that he was awake.

Suddenly he heard his phone ring and pulled it out of his belt, checking the caller ID. A smile came to his face then answered the call.

"Hi, Leo. Merry Christmas," he greeted him with the same smile. "You'll never guess who finally came home to us." He also wondered what Leo would think about the sudden reappearance of their father. Well, he was about to find out.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:07 am

"Merry Christmas" Leo responded with a smile. He was happy to hear from his brother, and couldn't wait to finally have everyone together.

"Who?" He asked. The last person he thought would show up was Splinter.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 am

Donatello's smile faltered considerably when Leo couldn't guess who the mystery person was. But then again, Don could hardly believe it, himself. "Leo, Master Splinter has returned," he told him. Knowing his brother, the blue-clad turtle would sink into 'suspicion mode' and probably start questioning him left and right. But sadly, Don didn't know much more, himself.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 am

Leo didn't know what to think at that news. He sat down on the couch and tried to take it in. He was back? Un-harmed? Shredder just, let him go? It was great that he was back an all, but...Why?

"That's...great!" He finally said. "So...Did he escape? Was he let go? Why would Shredder just let him go? Do you think he's being tracked or something?"
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:24 am

And Don's prediction was right about the imminent questioning. But he didn't really feel comfortable with talking about his father like this right in front of him. "Um, one second, Leo." And with that, he silently excused himself, rising from the chair and using his staff to shuffle out of the kitchen and into the living room.

Now hopefully out of Splinter's earshot, he continued the conversation. "Okay, honestly, I have no idea why he's here," he told Leo in a hushed tone. "He said the Shredder had let him go to spend Christmas with us, but I can't help but feel something is really off about this."

Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 am

That didn't sound right at all. Something was up, and now Leo wasn't sure if he should invite them to Lexi's place. But on the other hand, it would be nice to have his brothers and father all in one place.

"Well...Lexi invited everyone to her place today, but...I don't know if we should let Master Splinter know where she lives. Something's just not right."
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Fraya wrote:Fraya nuzzled and kissed Mike's neck and cheek. "Good." SHe said and sat up. "I'll go get us some breakfast!"

She planted another kiss on his lips and headed out the door. But she wasn't out long, she soon came back in smiling widely. "Splinter is here!"

Once Fraya disappeared out of the room, and wouldn't witness his struggles, Mike painfully tried to push himself into a sit, wincing as the pain shot throughout his body. But he quickly tried to compose himself as Fraya rushed back into the room, but her news certainly knocked him for a loop.

His jaw dropped, eyes widening in excitement as a huge grin spread across his lips. "He's.. home?!" Despite the protests of his mangled and sore body, he pushed himself up, and hobbled out of the room, searching frantically for his Father.

"Sensei?!"

Male

Post by Splinter on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Splinter stood up from his seat when he heard Mike. He walked over to the young turtle and put an arm on his shoulder. "You should be resting." He fussed.

He then helped Mike, slowly walk to the kitchen with the others. Fraya following close behind.

It was when he got back to the kitchen that he remembered the gift for Rini. He pulled out a small box and handed it to her. "From Shredder. He asked me to give this to you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:39 am