Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Behind These Castle Walls

Post by Lexi on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 pm

If I should tumble, if I should fall
    Would anyone hear me screaming behind these castle walls?
    There's no one here at all, behind these castle walls...

A week had past since the incident that had nearly taken Lexi's life, but as shaken as it had left her, she was trying to fall back into a 'normal' life. But the nightmares were a constant, robbing her of sleep and making it nearly impossible to get a full night's rest. She was often fatigued, and hardly felt like doing anything, but she tried to put on a good front around everyone else. But they could surely see through it all.

Aside from the emotional trauma that she had sustained, she was also still recovering from the physical aspects of her 'suicide' attempt, and the abuse she had suffered at the hands of the gang. As far as she knew, Raph was still oblivious about everything that had transpired on that dreadful night. She just hadn't felt like talking about it, and she doubted that Gabe had told Raph anything else. After the incident between those two, Gabriel had become even more withdrawn than usual. He would often disappear without notice, returning when he thought that everyone was sleeping. But Lexi hardly ever slept, so she was aware that something was up with him.

It had been another sleepless night, and she had long given up on getting rest. Like every other sleepless night, she found herself out on the front porch swing, a light cotton blanket draped over her shoulders to protect her from the early morning's chilled air. The thin black gown did little to protect her, but she no longer had the energy to dress into something warmer, nor did she have the will. Dark circles hung beneath her eyes, her skin pale and devoid of the healthy tan coloration it had adorned not so long ago. Her mind was lost in thought, as it often was without the distractions of a busy home, her gaze staring off across the dark water, idly watching the sun as it broke over the horizon.

..but something else caught her eye, demanding her attention away from her almost blank stare. The old black Mustang that Gabriel had magically came up with. She had asked him once where he had gotten the old beat up thing, but he could never give her a straight answer. A trade, he had told her. But what he had traded, she wasn't sure. She sighed tiredly as she watched him drive it around back, and eventually out of her sight. Moments later, he reappeared, walking up the steps with Jigs at his side, adorned in his black hoodie and baggie jeans, looking a little surprised to see her sitting there, but the shock soon turned into slight irritation, then to that of concern as he took in just how unwell she seemed. He was expecting a lecture, or a scolding.. but received nothing. She was just too drained and had nothing to say that hadn't already been said on every other morning that he had attempted to sneak back in.

She just gave him a hurtful look that conveyed her concern and the pain she felt that he wouldn't communicate with her.. wouldn't let her know what was going on with him..

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192

Re: Behind These Castle Walls

Post by Gabriel on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Gabriel would've preferred a lecture or a good scolding over that look. That look that made him feel guilty. Made him feel like crap. He averted her gaze, mainly to prevent her from seeing the fresh bruise that adorned his left eye, even though his face was shadowed by his hoodie, and the early morning darkness.

"You seriously need ta start sleepin', babe." He lightly scolded, hoping to avert the attention away from himself for once. "Yer lookin' like the Corpse Bride.." He lightly teased, hoping to earn a smile, but her lips only quivered beneath her grief.

Shit. Way to go. He inwardly cursed himself, and sat beside her on the sing. He was quiet for a moment, not really knowing what to say. He knew what needed to be said, but how to word it? He thought of his words carefully, reaching over to give her knee a reassuring squeeze. "Maybe you should talk to someone, babe. Just to get it out..."

"..and maybe you should do the same." Lexi finally spoke, her voice quiet but with the force of a good solid point. Her gaze now shifted to him, eyes reddened from the restrained tears, fatigue and worry. She caught a glimpse of the deep purple bruise and reached over to push back the hood of his hoodie, exposing the extent of the damage, and his busted lip. It worried her to no end, but like Raph, she couldn't control what he did. She could only worry herself sick over them..

"..Gabe...what's going on with you..."

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Like Lexi, Serenity was worried to death about Gabe. She kept it to herself tho, not wanting to be a nag. But some nights she would worry herself to tears. This was one of those nights. Whenever Gabe was out at night, she wouldn't sleep. She just laid in bed, praying that he would return home in one piece. She didn't know what she would do if she lost him.

When he got the car, she too wondered where and how he got it. She asked once, but didn't push the issue. Didn't he know that if he needed something, she would be more then happy to get it for him. Of course he wanted to maintain his indipendence, maybe that's why he hadn't asked, and went out and traded for the car, tho she suspected that that was a lie and often wondered if he hadn't just stole the thing.

She laid on her side looking out the window, the sun was rising now it was probably time to get up anyway. She slowly pushed herself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. She was getting tired of living with Lexi, she loved Lexi to death, of course, but it was time that she find her own place, today she would do that.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:35 am

Ever sense Lexi got out the hospital, Laz had been her personal everything. cook, maid, babysitter, he went shopping for her and even sung to her at night if she was feeling lonely. He didn't mind doing any of it, he loved her, and was happy to help her.

Sadly, it was starting to drive a wedge between him and Rose. He loved Rose deeply, but Lexi always came first. He tried his best to be there for both woman but it was so hard to do.

Plus, he was still looking for a place to live that he could afford. Remey had already moved. His family found out what had happen and bought him a house close to the beach, because he said that's where Marley wanted to be.

Laz was still asleep in his bed, having decided that sleeping outside wasn't good for the long run, He rolled over and fell out the bed with a loud thump.

"fucking A." He mumbled and pulled himself to his feet. "guess that's my cue to get up."

He slipped on a pair of boxers and shuffled out the room to the kitchen. He started the coffee pot then headed to the bathroom for a shower.
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:50 am

It took forever, at lest it seemed that way, but he got what he wanted to give to Lexi. He wasn't sure why the woman was worth so much trouble, but he felt that she was. He shrugged it off and put the gift in his black Ferrari Enzo then slipped in the drivers seat.

He then started the long drive out of the city and to Lexi's house. He had to bribe her manager to get her address, but he was sure all his hard work would be worth it. The woman would be putty in his hands very soon.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Gabe tried to pull away when she pushed back his hoodie, but it was too late. Obviously he had gotten into some kind of altercation, but it was his business, and not for her to worry about. "I.. fell down some steps." Oldest lie in the book, and obviously she wasn't buying it, but he couldn't tell her the truth.

"Look, Lex.. you gotta stop worryin' about me. I'm gonna be fine. Just.. things I gotta do if I'm ever gonna be better." He let that hang in the air for a moment, hoping she would understand. "If I'm ever gonna be me again."

Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Lexi sighed inwardly. "And falling down steps is going to help you with that?" She asked in tired amusement, quirking a brow. Indeed, it was a horrible cover-up and the oldest lie in the book. She rubbed a hand over her tired face, and once again met his gaze. "I'm not stupid, Gabe." She fell quiet for a moment, and nodded toward the house. "And neither is Seren. If you can't communicate with me.. at least give her that much." She held his gaze, even as he attempted to avert her intensity. "Look at me, Gabe.." And he had no choice. She gently grasped his chin and forced him to meet her eyes. "She loves you. She was there for you when everyone else thought you were dead. She hasn't left your side since." As jealous as she often was of Serenity, she did realize just how much the girl had done.

"Find yourself, Gabriel. But while you're doing that, don't forget what matters. Don't lose the best thing that has ever happened to you."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 pm

After the shower Laz got dress in some jeans and T-shirt with the jokers face plastered in the center of it. He ran his fingers through his hair and went back to the coffee. He poured himself a cup and stepped outside, not expecting to see Lexi and Gabe.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to intrude. either one of you want some coffee?"
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Lexi's words really hit hard. He wasn't prepared for their depth, but it certainly put things in perspective. The last thing he wanted was to lose Serenity, she had been his rock, his foundation during his recovery, and beyond. Indeed, she was the best thing that had ever happened to him, and while he loved her dearly, he hadn't always been the best at communication. He had kept her in the dark, along with everyone else. He sighed in defeat and gave a small nod, dropping his gaze.

Just then, Laz stepped out onto the porch, interrupting the moment. Gabriel was glad for that. Lexi always had a way of making him feel guilty. But a small grin stretched across his lips, seeing the perfect opportunity to turn the tables on her. "Maybe you should take yer own advice." He teased, nodding toward Laz. The man had been a constant during Lexi's hospitalization and recovery. He gave her shoulder a squeeze as he got up and headed for the front door. "Nah. Have at her, man." He said, flashing Laz a wink before disappearing inside. He was going to attempt sneaking back into their bedroom and into bed, but frowned seeing the bed empty. Seren was up. He would surely have some explaining to do.

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:44 pm

When Seren came out the bathroom she spotted Gabe and smiled. "There you are. You had me worried." She said calmly. Like always, she wouldn't ask questions, she didn't want to nag him. She just wished he would stop running off at all hours of the night.

Then she noticed his face and frowned, her eyes tearing up. "What happen, babe?" She asked and reached out to lightly touch his face.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Lexi usually wasn't the easily embarrassed type, but Gabriel's comeback caused her cheeks to flush, but she couldn't suppress a tiny grin, seeing Laz and his choice of 'clothing'. "Nice shirt." She complimented. "Sleep well? ..and coffee sounds good.."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:54 pm

"Thanks, and yeah I did." He sat down close to Lexi and handed her his mug of coffee. "What about you? Did you sleep at all?"

He reached out and brushed a strain of hair from her face. "You know I'm worried about you."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Lexi was always grateful for Laz' company. Indeed, he had been a constant during her recovery, and even before that. It was no wonder that she considered him her best friend. And sometimes, it was hard not to wish for something more with him. But she loved Raph, too. And Laz had Rose. Though, she now wondered if Raph still loved or, or was losing interest. He hadn't visited her since that night at the hospital, and their one conversation had been brief. He hadn't been there when she needed him. But she tried to understand.. tried to convince herself that it was because of Gabriel being there. Still, she couldn't silence that lingering doubt that he was just tired of her.

She took a sip of the coffee and offered it back to Laz, not wanting to take his drink. Her lips quivered when he expressed his concern, but she fought to hold it together, despite how emotionally devastated she was. She leaned against him, resting her head against his shoulder. He was like a magnetic pull, to resist the gravitational pull at work here would have been futile. Besides, she needed his comfort. At least someone was giving it to her.

'I'll... be okay, Laz." She tried to convince him, trying to sound strong. She was extremely grateful to have him here with her, but didn't want to interfere with his personal life. "Babe.. I'm not causing problems with your girlfriend, am I?" She shifted her head just enough to look at him. "Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to have you here.. but I don't want to ruin things for you."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:18 am

Laz softly rubbed Lexi's cheek with his thumb. Then wrapped his arms around her after setting the mug on the ground. He kissed the top of her head and gave her a squeeze.

"Don't worry about Rose and I. Yer not ruining things for me. And I know you'll be ok, love. I just want to make double sure of it. I'm...I'm going to the city today to hunt down Mikko."
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:38 am

Bishop pulled up to the large beach house and parked at the front. He gathered his gift and stepped out the car, his coat blowing in the breeze the sun finally finished rising behind him. He flashed an unseen grin at seeing Lexi on the porch, and no turtle in sight.

He started to walk up the stairs toward the two. "Good morning."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 am

Gabriel wrote:..and Gabriel was thankful that she wasn't the nagging type, but seeing the worry and tears in her eyes caused his heart to sink. He slipped his arms around her, pulling her into a light hug, nuzzling her cheek before pressing a soft kiss there. ".. it's okay, babe. Just had a lil disagreement with someone." As much as he wanted to tell her the truth, he knew it would only worry her more. He wanted to be honest with her, but also wanted to protect her.

"Sorry I'm always worryin' you." He said quietly, shifting just enough to meet her gaze, to convey his sincerity, but still holding her close. "I'm just.. tryin' to figure out who I am." He told her. That was part of the truth, but there was a lot more behind his reasoning for returning to the city on a regular basis. "But, one thing I do know about myself is, I love you.. more than anything."

Serenity held him close and rested her head on his chest. "I love you too. I just wish you were able to talk to me. I think I would worry less if I knew what was going on."

She looked back up at him. "No secrets, remember?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Lexi interlocked fingers with his, kneading his hand with her thumb. She was enjoying his touch, his smell, his warmth. It broke her heart to think after everything they had been through, Raph would forget about her so easily... especially after what had just happened to her. Yes, she tried to understand his nature, but that understanding could only go so far. Bottom line, he wasn't here when she needed him.

...and now her only form of comfort was threatening to head back to the city for vengeance against one of the people responsible. It would have flattered her, if not for the overwhelming fear of losing him too. Just the thought of something happening to him was suffocating. She met his gaze with tear-filled eyes, pleading with him not to go.

"No, Laz...if something happened to you..." She shook her head, wiping at her tears. "Please don't go." It wasn't that she had no confidence in Laz. He was an excellent fighter. He was an ex-Foot after all. But she knew that to take on Mikko would to be to take on The Turks as a whole.

Before Laz could give her an answer, a fancy Ferrari pulled onto the beach. She squinted in its direction, quickly drawing her suspicions, and unfortunately her hunch was correct. Bishop. She sighed inwardly. That man was unrelenting.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, angry, but equally curious. This man could have any woman in the city. Hell, the whole world, probably. Why was she so special? Because of Raph, perhaps. Maybe he was trying to get at him through her. But it was flattering to think that wasn't the case...

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Seren wrote:

Serenity held him close and rested her head on his chest. "I love you too. I just wish you were able to talk to me. I think I would worry less if I knew what was going on."

She looked back up at him. "No secrets, remember?"

Gabriel sighed inwardly, pressing his forehead against hers. His fingers slipped beneath the fabric of her shirt, caressing her back. Her reminder was cutting into him like a jagged knife. Sure, he could just lie to her.. it would have been so much simpler than the truth. Less damaging. More acceptable. But Lexi's words tore into his heart. His lies and elusiveness would ultimately be more destructive than the truth.

He finally gave a nod, shifting to meet her gaze. "No secrets." He echoed in a quiet tone, taking her hand in his. "C'mon. It's time I show you somethin'."

Canon

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:01 am

Laz knew that Lexi was just worried about him, and he understood that. But Mikko couldn't get away with what she had done. and from what he heard, Mikko was all by herself now.

But, seeing Lexi's reaction, he was starting to think that going after Mikko would do more harm then good. He slowly nodded. But before he could say anything, Bishop should up. He watched the man's every move, ready to attack if need be.

Bishop flashed Lexi a smile and handed her her present. "I wanted to give you something."

The box was warm to the touch and a little heavy. "It's a one of a kind gift, It took alot of pulling strings and calling in favors, but I think it was worth it. I apologize for coming uninvited, but I feared that I would never actually be invited."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:03 am

Serenity gave a nod and took his hand, ready to follow him and eager to see what he had to show her. She was happy that it seemed he was ready to tell her what was going on. Maybe now she wouldn't worry so much.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:09 am

Gabriel's heart was racing as he led her through the kitchen area, and out the back door, toward the shed that he had constructed from lumber and materials that had washed up on the beach from ship wrecks and lost sea shipments. Of course, the shed itself wasn't the big secret. He had been working on it for months, as a form of therapy and a means to keep his hands busy. It turned out that he was a pretty good craftsman, and considering that the structure had been built from raw and damaged material, it turned out nice.

But after acquiring the old black mustang, the shed had been transformed into a garage, where he spent a lot of time fixing up the old car. It didn't look like much, but the V8 engine had been thoroughly cleaned and restored by him. His next task would be to sand down the body and give it a custom paint job. All works in the making and something to focus on.

He opened the door of his little sanctuary and pulled the cord to the light, illuminating the car and work bench. The walls were plastered by his sketches and graffiti, some of images from his past, familiar faces that he couldn't remember, demons that haunted his dreams, and the last faces he would ever see before dying on that fateful night. Constantly taunting.

Gabe took a deep breath, preparing himself for her reaction as he led her around to the trunk of the car. He was quiet for a moment, trying to find his composure. He was having second thoughts. Once she knew the truth, she would probably leave him. But she deserved to know. Deserved to see what he had become. He gazed over at her, taking her in as she was, the way she felt about him. The love that always radiated from her. This would surely extinguish all of that, but he couldn't lie to her anymore. Slowly, he opened the trunk and shifted the black blanket that covered his secret...

..and it was finally revealed. The charred and chipped hockey mask that had been saved from the rubble and ashes of his old home. It had been painted black with a fiery red tribal Phoenix adorning most of it. Beneath the mask was a black leather jacket and pants, flames running up the sleeves and pants legs. And to either side of the costume laid a machete that had been cleaned of the night's sins, and a club with nails driven into the stained wood. His gaze carefully shifted to hers, bracing himself for her reaction, her rejection. He said nothing. He wouldn't have to. The story of 'The Phoenix' had been all over the news...

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 am

Serenity walked with Gabe, not knowing what to expect. She walked in the little
    garage and, once the light was on, looked over at all the drawings. She loved his ate work and thought that he should make his work public, but kept that to herself knowing he wouldn't go for it.

She followed him around, sensing his nervousness. She flashed him a reasuring smile before he opened up the trunk of the car. She looked inside and just stared at the things for a moment. It took her a moment to process what she was looking at. Then she remembered the news report.

She spun around on her heals to face him. "Yer the one beating up and killing all those people?" She asked already knowing the answer. "Why didn't you tell me? I could have bought you a better costume." She added and wrapped her arms around him.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 am

Once the realization hit her, Gabriel inwardly cringed, waiting for her disapproval. He was completely taken aback by her reaction, and acceptance of what he had been doing. Relief washed over him and her returned her hug, chuckling at her comment. "Because..I didn't think you would be cool with this." He told her, but was glad that she wasn't judging him for what he was doing.

"I just.. wanna keep you safe, babe." He whispered quietly, kissing the top of her head. "It's more than just revenge for what they did to me. I know they'll hurt you to get at me.. and I can't let that happen."

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

Serenity closed the trunk and sat on top of it. "I'm not totally cool with it. But, I'm not mad or upset. I just don't want to lose you. And. This, this could get you killed or arrested."

She reached out and pulled him close. "But it is cool to know I'm with a super hero. Just be careful." She reached up and touched his injured face. "More careful, take some martial arts lessons or something."

She leaned up and kissed him. "You must be tired. I'm going to see a guy about a house, why don't you get some rest, maybe the phoenix can take a break tonight and go on a date?"
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 am

Gabriel rested his hands on her hips, leaning in to press a kiss against her lips. "Jus' bein' in the wrong place at the wrong time could get me arrested or killed, babe. Life's a gamble. It's how you play it that matters." He tried to reason, but knew it would do little to calm her fears. He really didn't consider himself a 'super hero', since what he was doing was on a personal level, but decided to let her feel whatever she wanted to.

He nodded at her last comment, pressing a grin against her lips. "Yeah..I think The Phoenix needs a date night." He said, flashing her a wink, and slowly pulling away. He walked over to the work bench and opened a small compartment, pulling out a metal lock box, returning to her side and placing it on the trunk beside her. "I have one more secret to let you in on." He admitted quietly as he pulled a small key from his pocket and opened the box, revealing the wad of hundreds rolled and banded. There was a couple of thousand there. He flashed her a lop-sided grin. "Been doin' a lil street racin', too." He confessed, giving the mustang a pat. "She doesn't look like much.. but this lil lady's got it where it counts."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:33 am