::City:: Lafayette's [Oct. 26th. '11]

Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

::City:: Lafayette's [Oct. 26th. '11]

Post by Lexi on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 pm

((Summary: After friction between her favorite boys, Lexi decides that it's time for the ones she cares about most to come together and hopefully make amends. She plans a dinner at Lafayette's, a post Italian Restaurant that resides in the heart of New York. Unfortunately her attempt to bring peace does more harm than good as tempers flare and personalities clash. Continued from A Poisonous City.))

The waitress jotted everything down and disappeared through the door, giving the orders to the cook. Lexi closed her menu and flashed a grin at Raph, taking his hand underneath the table. They still had their problems to work out, but this was the happiest she had been all week. She was trying to think of a way to start conversation between everyone, to hopefully break the ice between Laz and Raph... but nothing was coming to mind. This would be more difficult that she thought.

Laz was quiet for a bit. But, when no one else was speaking up he figured he may as well. "So, Raph. What you been up to, we haven't heard from you in a while."

Rose could almost pick up on what Lexi was struggling to do. Actually, it was no secret that the two boys hated each other. She rested her cheek on Laz' shoulder, waiting ever so patiently for the food to arrive.She was glad when Laz spoke up, taking the first step. She was proud of him for being the bigger man.

Raphael gently squeezed her hand after she grabbed it, it surprised him that she was being so affectionate but he certainly wasn't going to turn it down. He began to rub the back of her hand with his thumb as he normally did while holding her hand. But soon the moment seemed to be broken by Laz which annoyed him. He didn't feel like explaining anything to Laz and felt he didn't need to go into great detail. "Fightin' thugs, ya know the usual.." He said as he brushed it off. This just felt so awkward to him, and he hated the fact that this was a group date rather then just him and Lexi. There was just no way for him to really talk to her til this little date was over with and it couldn't go any faster for him!

""You must have your work cut out for you then." Yeah this wasn't going well. Laz also felt out of place. "Maybe you need a new hobby."

"Ta busy fer' hobbies.." Raph said back, he had made it his job to help the city and though it was getting more overwhelming each day, he certainly wouldn't quit. Especially since it all seemed so close to home now with Leonardo suddenly coming back from the Foot Tower and having the Shredders adopted daughter living with them. He felt he could never let his guard down. "So.. whens the food gettin' 'ere?" He asked towards Lexi, it was a stupid question but he had to do something to change the subject.

Well, the two were communicating.. this was good! Though, Lexi could feel their awkwardness, but hopefully things would get better as the night went on. She agreed with Laz' comment, nothing would make her happier than if Raph hung up his hobby. That would give them more time together, but she knew it would never happen.

Yeah, things were definitely awkward now. Laz fell silent, and Raph was asking about the food, which she had no idea. "Soon, babe." She answered, giving his hand a squeeze. "Good food takes time."

Laz gave Rose a light squeeze and once again got quiet. He knew if he kept with the questions Raph would blow up. Part of him wanted that to happen, to put Raph in a bad light. But he knew it would upset Lexi so he dropped the subject.

Yeah, things were definitely awkward now. Laz fell silent, and Raph was asking about the food, which she had no idea. "Soon, babe." She answered, giving his hand a squeeze. "Good food takes time."

Raphael grinned at that, for some reason it just reminded him of Mikey. "Try tellin' that ta Mikey sometime." He joked

Well, at least Laz tried. Rose leaned in to press a soft kiss against his cheek, wishing she could spare him of the awkwardness. She usually wasn't the type to take initiative type, but maybe she could help them keep communicating. "So.. how long have you and Laz known each other?" She asked, looking at Raph, though a little shyly.

Lexi smiled at Raph's comment and was about to ask how his little brother was doing, but Rose spoke up, which really surprised her. The girl hardly ever talked, but she could tell it was a stab at keeping the boys talking. Soon the waitress returned with the food, accompanied with the owner who was assisting her with carrying everything out. They placed the food on the table and Laf offered them a smile and a "Enjoy" before slipping out of the room with the waitress, giving the group their privacy.

Was this girl serious..?! That was typically something you would ask a couple, not two guys..! Or at least thats what Raphael thought. All he could think of was 'to long!' but since Raphael was trying to be on his best behavior and toned down his answer. "How should I know.." He shurgged but thankfully the food had finally arrived and he instantly began to dig in.

Laz smiled at Rose. "Raph and I haven't known each other too long. Tho I'm sure he would say it's been too long. You have to pardon his rudeness. They don't teach manners in the sewer." He grabbed a slice of pizza and started to eat.

Okay.. failed attempt, but hey, she tried. Raph certainly wasn't the nicest guy she had ever met, and decided that her first question would be her only question. But then Laz spoke up, and her eyes went wide at his last comment. Her face turned red with embarrassment, fearful that she may have started something. She flashed Raph an apologetic look before snagging a piece of pizza, finding the slice overly interesting..

Raphael's temper flared as Laz's took a stab at him though he tried to keep his cool. "Riiiiight, like the self-righteous thug has room ta talk." He grumbled as he took a big bite out of his pizza.

"I'm no thug." Laz said as he ate. "Unlike you. I was able to change what I was."

Oh boy, Lexi thought, hearing Laz' comment. She was sure it would make Raph blow up, and was bracing herself for it. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze, then released it to reach for her lasagna and margarita. "Well, everyone has their bad points." She pointed out. "And we all have our good.." But Laz and Raph were like gasoline and fire. They shouldn't be mixed unless you wanted an explosion.

"Pfftt.." Raphael nearly choked on his pizza when Laz denied being a thug, who the hell did he think he was fooling. "Oh, really an' that would be?" He decided to amuse Laz with that question. "Unlike ya, I didn't have ta change a fuckin' thin'." He added

Rose was beginning to get nervous. This wasn't going well at all! She slowly ate her pizza, flashing a worried look at Lexi, who looked to be getting frustrated.

"Really. Not a thing? So that must be why I see you walking around so freely among the masses. Because you're a perfectly normal human who don't have to 'change a fuckin thin' "

Indeed, Lexi was getting extremely frustrated. She sighed deeply, shooting an irritated look over at Raph, then at Laz. "Okay, boys.. is it too much to ask that we all just try to act civil?" She glared at both of them. "I just wanted.. you two and Gabe to tolerate each other since I love you all and you'll always be a part of my life..." She said, trying to keep the emotions out of her tone, but it was hard...

Raphael glared hard in Laz's direction, ofcourse the only thing Laz had on him was the fact that he was a mutant.. but before Raph could counter that Lexi intervined and due to the fact that he wasn't on the best terms with her at the moment, he reluctantly obeyed. Though she was crazy to think that he could ever tolerate Laz! "He started it.." Raphael grumbled under his breath as he continued to eat his pizza.

Laz just rolled his eyes and continued eating. As far as he was concerned. He won this one. "Pizza's really good."

"I really don't care who started it." Lexi said, giving them both a look. "I just want you both to end it. You boys don't have to like each other. Hell, I'm seeing that's not possible. But just tolerate each other whenever in the same room.. for me, please?" And Laz was already changing the subject, and for that she was grateful. It took her a few moments, but she finally spoke again. "Yeah. they have great food here, thankfully.. since it's one of the only places I can eat without being harassed."

Rose was wondering if maybe she and Laz should just leave, but that would seem rude. Besides, she was really enjoying the pizza. It wasn't every day that she got to eat at a place like this. She frowned at Lexi's comment about not being able to eat out at many places. That must be difficult. "Well.. I know how you feel, kinda." She admitted a bit sheepishly. "But, I'm not hounded by crazy camera men.. I'm just.. scared to leave the apartment."

Raphael didn't say anything, in his mind it was all Laz's fault and he couldn't understand why it was that Lexi couldn't see that.. He sighed in annoyance and ate his pizza quickly as he listened, he just wanted this dinner to end!

But Lexi did see that, and she would be speaking separately to both boys, but now was not the time to be placing blame, especially when she was trying to defuse the situation. She took a bite of her lasagna, frowning as Rose spoke. She couldn't understand why the girl would be scared to leave her apartment, but then she remembered.. the rape. She knew from personal experience how crippling that could be, but she had overcame it. "I've been there." She told her, without going into detail what she was talking about. Surely Rose didn't want her rape to be the discussion over dinner. "So, I know what it's like. If you ever need to talk, I'm here." She offered quietly.

Laz pressed a kiss against Rose' temple. "Yer braver then give yer self credit for, love."

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Re: ::City:: Lafayette's [Oct. 26th. '11]

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:38 pm

((Summary: After Leo rescues a little girl from the streets, he calls Lexi to 'rescue' him. Carried over from Leo, the reluctant babysitter.))

Leo wished that he could have given the girl his jacket, but sadly there was no way he could do that without giving himself away. Once she told him what she wanted the waitress came to the table. Leo ordered two glasses of milk and some waffles. The woman took the order, giving the two a funny look but not saying anything then walked off to make their food. Leo pulled out his phone again and dialed Lexi's number. He needed help!

Suddenly, Lexi's phone began to ring. At first, she was going to ignore it, but seeing Leo's name on the screen made her think twice. But did she really want to answer it? What if he was pissed and wanted to demand that Raph come home? But on the other hand, what if something was wrong? With an inward sigh, she gave Raph a look as she answered. "Hey, Leo. Is everything okay?" Because the turtle never called her for simple chit chat.

"Uh...Not really, no. I'm sorry to bother you, but I didn't know who else to call. I have a little girl here. Her mother I think took some of those pills. And I think she's been on the street for a while. I'm not sure what to do."

Lexi frowned at that, giving Raph a concerned look. It looked like their date would be cut short, but it wasn't like her intentions were making any progress. The night had been a bust, for sure. "Okay...where are you?"

Ivy was waiting patiently for her food, but she was starving! She reached for the sugar shaker, pulling it over to her and began pouring it onto the table..

Leo watched 'Tinkerbell' pour sugar everywhere and sighed inwardly. "We're at the waffle house on tenth st. Please hurry." It was then that the waitress came back and handed them their milk and food.

Ivy leaned in to press her tongue against the sugar 'pyramid', inhaling a mouthful of the pure sugar. Soon the waitress returned with their food and she eyed it hungrily as she placed it on the table, and wasted no time digging in.

Lexi was suppressing her mild amusement at the desperation in Leo's voice. It was a little kid, how difficult could it be for a big tough ninja? She closed her phone and slid it back into her purse. "That was Leo." She announced. "Apparently he found an orphan and I have to go ..'save' him."

Leo dug into his food as well, watching as the little one made a mess. He grabbed a napkin and tried his best to clean her and the table off as he ate, but soon gave up. Hopefully Lexi would be there soon.

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 am

Laz grinned at that. "Leo can't handle a little kid?" He asked. "Poor guy." He grabbed another slice of pizza. "Are you coming back? Or, are we pretty much done for the night?"

Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Raphael was curious as to why Lexi was glancing at him before she answered her phone, but it all became clear once she said Leo's name. It defiantly didn't help his mood any! He pretended it didn't bother him until Lexi informed them that the date would be cut short due to some kid he found. Hell there were plenty of other woman to call like April or Fraya but noooo he choose Lexi on the first night he's seen her in a week!

He took some deep breaths but wasn't about to let Lexi go alone, Leonardo had been acting strangely lately. He wiped his face with a napkin as he looked down at his remaining slice of pizza.

"I'm goin' wit' ya." He announced to her, he really needed to fill her in on what has been going on, and besides he wasn't ready to say goodbye to her yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 am