::City:: Leo, the reluctant 'babysitter'. ~Oct.26.11~

Ivy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-11-02

::City:: Leo, the reluctant 'babysitter'. ~Oct.26.11~

Post by Ivy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:32 pm

(( On his way to put a few drug dealers out of business, Leo stumbles upon a sad scene and rescues a three year old who's mom had succumbed to the deadly rubies.))

Two days had passed since her mommy had 'fallen asleep' in one of the cold and dirty back alleys. All of her three year old daughter's attempts to wake her had failed, but the little blonde haired girl wouldn't give up. She was just 'sleeping' after all. She would wake up soon, and they could go home. It wasn't unlike her mommy to just fall asleep in random places due to the drugs that she abused, but unfortunately this time, she wouldn't ever be waking up again. Ivy was curled up against her stiff form, trying her best to keep warm, but the little blue tootoo would do little to shield her against the chilly night air, and she was becoming sick because of it, but her mommy would wake up soon.. she just knew it. Her little stomach rumbled, reminding her that it had been too long since she had eaten anything. Reluctantly, she pushed herself up from her spot at her mother's side, and ventured out into the main street, looking in discarded styrofoam containers and greasy paper bags for anything to eat. She wouldn't go far, though. Just in case her mommy woke up.

Leo already knew where he was headed. It was a horrible street, but he knew he would find dealers. He wasn't sure what he was going to do when he found one tho, beat them up? Ask for info? Beat them up for info? Leo would have to play it by ear when the time came. As he walked he noticed a little child digging in the streets trash. He couldn't just walk past her without find out why she was alone on the streets, and what if she got into those pills? No Leo couldn't have that. He walked up to the girl trying to keep his face hidden under his hood. "Where's your mother, little one?" He asked in a soft voice.

Ivy crouched down by the styrofoam container that held a half-eater cheeseburger, the bread moldy and lettuce wilted. But she was too young to notice, too hungry to care. But before she could take a bite of the rotten meal, a large figure approached, scaring her a little. She wanted to run, but there was something warm in his voice, and he had been the only person to talk to her in two days. She was lonesome. She slowly stood up, flashing him a shy, dimpled smile as she pointed toward the ally. "Thewe. She sweepin'."

Leo reached down to take the little girls hand. "Lets go wake her up then." Good, at least the mother was around. Maybe he could just give them a few bucks for food and be on his way.

Ivy reached for the offered hand, quickly noticing that something was different. It was green.. and he only had three fingers. But that didn't scare her at all. Her tiny fingers wrapped around one of his large digits, and she walked with him towards her 'sleeping' mother. "Awe you a faiwy?" She asked, deciding that he had to be a fairy.. just had to! No, she had never seen a green one before, but they came in all shapes and sizes.. and colors.

Leo looked down at the little girl. "No, not a fairy." He answered in the same calm tone. Once they got to where the girl's mother was he knelt down beside her. But one touch of the woman's shoulder and he knew something wasn't right. He felt for a pulse already knowing he wouldn't find one. Great. He glanced back over at the little girl then looked back at the woman. He found a tarp and laid it over the woman's body then stood up. "I'm sorry, your mother, she's..." How the hell was he suppose to tell a little girl her mother was dead? "She sick. I'm going to call a doctor for her ok. Do you have any family around here I can bring you to?"

Ivy watched as the fairy covered her mother with the blue thing, confused at first.. but maybe he was trying to keep her warm. She sat on the ground beside her mother, staring up sadly at her new friend and shook her head in response to his question. "Can I go to the doctow wif hew?"

Of course she didn't have family. He kneeled back down beside the little girl. Maybe he just had to come clean with her. Then he could bring her to a shelter, call the cops for the mother, and be on his way. "What's your name?"

Ivy smiled when he got down on her level. "Tinkewbeww." She answered sweetly. Tinkerbell was the name she had given herself, and was convinced it was her real name. Her mother was never sober enough to tell her otherwise. "What you name?"

"Leo." Yeah he thought it was an odd name, but it seemed to fit her. "Look, Tinkerbell. Your mother isn't going to wake up. I'm sorry. she's just too sick." He decided to stick with the sick story, figuring the girl was too young to understand the concept of death. "So I'm going to take you to some people who can care for you, give you some food. And I'll call someone to come for your mother. ok?"

Her mommy was too sick to wake up? Ivy teared up at that, not understanding, but it saddened her to know that she would have to do without her until tomorrow or the next day, or however long it would take her to wake up. She wanted to go home and make cupcakes as her mommy had promised, and carve a pumpkin for Halloween. She didn't want to stay with strange people. Strange people often forgot about her, or hit her. Tears rolled down her dirty cheeks, scared of what would happen to her while her mommy was recovering. She crawled into Leo's lap, clinging to his hand. "Can I stay wif you, Weo?" She sniffled softly, wiping at her already irritated eyes. "I be good.. pwomise!"

ugh. Why did this have to be so hard. The little girl was getting to him as much as he was trying to not let her get to him. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a light squeeze. First thing he needed to do was get this girl off the streets and some place safe, get her cleaned up and fed. He stood up, picking the little girl up in his arms. then his mind went to Lexi, didn't she work with homeless or something. Yeah he was sure he over heard something about that. Maybe she would know what to do. "Ok. I'm going to call that doctor for your mommy, then we are going to get some food ok?" He plucked his phone from his pocket while still holding the girl with one arm and dialed 911

So, was he going to let her stay with him? He didn't say no, so she was hopeful. She leaned up to wrap her little arms around his neck, resting her head against his shoulder. For the first time since her mommy had fallen asleep, she felt safe. "Okay."

ok, good, they had a plan. He quickly told the operator where the woman's body was and hung up. He then left the ally, holding the little girl close to him. It was then that he heard the loud explosion coming from the foot tower. Great, something else was going wrong. He couldn't worry about that now, he had to feed the little girl. He turned on his heals and walked away from the sound. He then ducked inside the first place with food he seen, a little 24 hour breakfast place. He sat in the back with the little girl. "What do you want to eat?" Damn he wished that he'd hidden himself better, put on gloves at least!

Ivy's little eyelids were growing heavy, but she struggled to keep them open. She was safe now... she could rest. But she didn't want to fall asleep, not this soon after making a new friend. Soon they were inside the little restaurant and she sat in his lap, not wanting to leave the safety of him. When he asked what she wanted to eat, a whole list of things went running through her little mind. "Gummy beaws!!" Okay, so it wasn't a healthy choice, and something they surely didn't have.. but that's what she wanted. "Waffwes!"

Leo wished that he could have given the girl his jacket, but sadly there was no way he could do that without giving himself away. Once she told him what she wanted the waitress came to the table. Leo ordered two glasses of milk and some waffles. The woman took the order, giving the two a funny look but not saying anything then walked off to make their food. Leo pulled out his phone again and dialed Lexi's number. He needed help!

Suddenly, Lexi's phone began to ring. At first, she was going to ignore it, but seeing Leo's name on the screen made her think twice. But did she really want to answer it? What if he was pissed and wanted to demand that Raph come home? But on the other hand, what if something was wrong? With an inward sigh, she gave Raph a look as she answered. "Hey, Leo. Is everything okay?" Because the turtle never called her for simple chit chat.

"Uh...Not really, no. I'm sorry to bother you, but I didn't know who else to call. I have a little girl here. Her mother I think took some of those pills. And I think she's been on the street for a while. I'm not sure what to do."

Lexi frowned at that, giving Raph a concerned look. It looked like their date would be cut short, but it wasn't like her intentions were making any progress. The night had been a bust, for sure. "Okay...where are you?"

Ivy was waiting patiently for her food, but she was starving! She reached for the sugar shaker, pulling it over to her and began pouring it onto the table..

Leo watched 'Tinkerbell' pour sugar everywhere and sighed inwardly. "We're at the waffle house on tenth st. Please hurry." It was then that the waitress came back and handed them their milk and food.

Ivy leaned in to press her tongue against the sugar 'pyramid', inhaling a mouthful of the pure sugar. Soon the waitress returned with their food and she eyed it hungrily as she placed it on the table, and wasted no time digging in.

Lexi was suppressing her mild amusement at the desperation in Leo's voice. It was a little kid, how difficult could it be for a big tough ninja? She closed her phone and slid it back into her purse. "That was Leo." She announced. "Apparently he found an orphan and I have to go ..'save' him."

Leo dug into his food as well, watching as the little one made a mess. He grabbed a napkin and tried his best to clean her and the table off as he ate, but soon gave up. Hopefully Lexi would be there soon.

Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Re: ::City:: Leo, the reluctant 'babysitter'. ~Oct.26.11~

Post by Lazarus on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:05 pm

((Continuing from http://thekingsareback.turtle-forum.com/t541-city-lafayette-s-oct-26th-11#18068))

Lexi really hated for their little date to end. It seemed that she had to move Heaven and Earth to make it happen, but now it was being cut short. But it wasn't like she was making much progress. Laz and Raph still hated each other, and she still felt that cold gap between her and Raph. "No, you guys can stay and eat if you want. I'll be back if I can." She told Laz, not wanting to interrupt his and Rose's meal, or Raph's for that matter. "I'll probably be tied up for a while, though." She told them, and looked at Raph. "Are you sure? You can stay and eat if you want."

Ivy ate a few bites of her food, but as starving as she was, she seemed more concerned for her new friend. She offered him a piece of her syrup-covered waffle, the stickiness rolling down her arm.

Leo turned down the waffle and wiped her arm off. "It's all for you. But, try to be a little neater. You are going to need a bath."

He shook his head, she was crazy if she thought he would stay here without her, hell she was the only reason he was there to begin with! "Nah, I'm full." He said as he placed the napkin on his plate.

Rose sat quietly, listening to the exchange between everyone. She was thankful for Laz' kind words, and the fact that he had called her brave. She certainly didn't feel that way, but it was nice to have a man so understanding. She flashed him a soft smile, but would let him decide if they would be accompanying the others to meet up with Raph's brother and the orphan. Though, if she was honest with herself, she was curious to see the poor girl.

Laz looked over at Rose and stood up. "No use letting this night end. We'll come with you two. If Rose wants to that is."

"I neat!" Ivy chimed, taking a huge bite of the rejected waffle, syrup rolling down her cheeks. Even without the sugary mess, she would still need a bath. The streets hadn't been too kind to her. Deciding that the waffle wasn't quite sweet enough, she grabbed the sugar shaker with both hands, and turned it up over her food, trying her best to shake it..

Now Raph was getting irrated again, he didn't think this would turn into a group outting. "Only Lexi's allowed at the Lair." He said, just cause Lexi welcomed Laz and Rose into her home didn't mean the same went for his own home.

Leo chuckled at the little girl and quickly took the sugar from her. "I think you have enough sugar on your plate. I have a friend comeing to see you." He told the girl hoping to distract her from the sugar.

Well, it seemed settled, then. Raph and crew was coming with her, and she was silently thankful for that. This would probably turn into an all night thing. The shelters were full, due to the cold weather, so getting the little girl in would surely be a hassle. She slid out of the booth, blinking at Raph's outburst. "No, Raph.. Leo's not at the lair.."

Laz raised a brow at Raph. "The lair? What are you, batman now?"

"Of course I would like to come." Rose answered quietly, but thought twice when she heard Raph's outburst

Ivy plopped back down in Leo's lap and continued eating her waffle, licking the syrup off her tiny fingers. "You fwiend a faiwy, too?"

"Maybe, you'll have to ask her." Leo took yet another napkin and tried to clean off her hands and arms.

Raphael was surprised to hear that Leo wasn't at the Lair with the kid though given it more thought he knew it shouldn't have. He wanted nothing more then to punch the smart ass sitting across form him but stopped himself from doing so. it was like dealing with another Mikey..! "Yea didn't ya 'ere, I've been pickin' up the slack fer' eh's lazy ass fer' a' couple a' years now." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"oh. so yer more like Robin then." Laz smirked at his own remark and took Roses' hand. He led her away from the table and to the door. then waited for the others

Ivy giggled when 'Weo' began trying to clean her hands. Didn't he know they were just gonna get messy again? "Siwwy Faiwy.."

Lexi just rolled her eyes at Raph and Laz. Those two would never give it up. She walked ahead of them, paying Laf before pulling the hoodie over her head to conceal herself and heading out towards Laz' car...

Leo payed the bill and tried to keep Tinkerbell out of the sugar. He really hoped that Lexi would hurry

Laz walked with Rose to the car and opened her door for her. He also opened up Lexi's door then slipped into the drivers seat. "So where are we headed?"

Raphael couldn't think of a remark to say back at Laz before he left, and besides he could tell that Lexi wasn't very amused by it. He sighed as he watched her just walk off, this night just wasn't going the way he wanted it to. He then got up and caught up with Lexi as he tried to grab her hand. "I know this ain't goin' right babe, but could I maybe talk ta ya alone later.." He whispered to her, not really wanting Laz to bud in.

Lexi slid into the back seat of the car, hoping this would be a short trip.. or, a short task more like it. She was not looking forward to having to take another orphaned child to a 'home'. Little Aiden still tugged at her heartstrings. It was so much easier when the people were adults and in some way brought on their misfortunes. She was brought back to reality by Raph taking her hand, and his question. "Yeah.. hopefully we can make that happen." She answered tiredly, figuring it wouldn't happen. He would have to run off to do something, and things between them would never get packed up. The hole would just keep growing. Her attention then shifted to Laz. "The Waffle House." She answered.

Rose slid into the front seat of the car, remaining quiet. All of the tension was making her uneasy, but she didn't voice her thoughts.

"To the waffle house." Laz pulled away from the parking spot and headed to the waffle house. It wasn't far from where they were and he made it there quickly. He pulled up to the front of the building and parked. He could see hooded man with a child through the window and pointed them out. "I'm guessing that's them."

Once Ivy was done with her food, she wormed her way into Leo's jacket with him, not at all minding the 'hardness' of his 'stomach'. She was just happy to have some closeness. The last two days had been extremely lonely and frightening.

Leo pulled his jacket tightly around her and wrapped his arms around her. "Comfortable?"

Raphael hoped this wouldn't take long and was glad that the car trip was so short, it was obvious when he looked in the window that that was Leo, though it was still strange to see him in such a public place. He grunted in frustration as he lead Lexi inside the building.

Laz hopped out of the car and helped Rose out. He then walked with her inside of the building. He walked over to Leo and the girl and slid in the booth across from them. "Hey."

Ivy nodded her head, flashing Leo a sweet smile as she snuggled closer to him. She looked up at him with sad eyes, oblivious to the fact that her world was about to be turned upside down.. again. "Can I stay wif'joo tiw my mommy not sick anymow?"

Leo looked up at Laz and then looked over at the others. He gave lexi, a help me look. But when he spotted Raph he frowned deeply. He returned his attention back to the girl. "I don't think that's a good idea. But I can come visit you. For now tho, you have to go with my friend." He nodded over to Lexi

Lexi walked inside with Raph, the dread building up within as she overheard the little girl asking Leo if she could stay with him. She was mostly concealed within the comforts of his jacket, but the sad little face peering out broke her heart. She spared Leo an apologetic look as she grabbed a chair and pulled it close to the booth, not wanting to make them feel overcrowded, but still close enough to be with them and communicate. "Hey, Leo." She greeted, flashing the little girl a warm grin. "Who's your friend?" But Ivy wouldn't be quick to introduce herself. She just buried herself deeper inside of Leo's jacket, pretending that she wasn't there. "No.." She sobbed, now understanding that the woman was here to take her away.. just like she had been taken from her mommy on several occasions. "Pwease.. don't make me go..I be good!"

Leo gave the girl a light squeeze, keeping his arms protectivly around her. "She said her name is Tinkerbell. She's gotten a little attached."

Okay.. so obviously Tinkerbell wasn't the child's real name, but she was very upset. It was best not to prod her right now. Hearing her sobs broke her heart. She didn't want to be the bad guy.. she only wanted to help. But tearing this little girl away from Leo would only make 'Tinkerbell's' night more traumatizing. Still, she knew she couldn't just leave her with Leo. She could tell the poor turtle was panicking, so out of his element with a small child. "Yeah, I think it's a little more than attachment." She replied to Leo. " She feels safe with you."

Raphael just glared down at Leonardo but the little girls sobs was enough to even perice his tough exterior. His expression changed to a softer one as he stood behind Lexi and peered down at her. "Hey there Tink'." leaning a little closer so she could see his face, maybe she just really liked turtles.

Leo sighed deeply and looked down into his jacket at the girl. "Can you come out and tell my friend hi? And that's my brother, he's a fairy too." He just needed the girl to get out of his jacket.

When the other Fairy exposed his face to her, Ivy peered up at him with sad eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. She was sucking her thumb as she always did when upset, a self-comforting act that her mother had never been able to break her of,but she did spare Raph a tiny little wave, but she wasn't about to leave the warmth of Leo's jacket.

Rose was deeply saddened by all this. The little girl was such a little doll, and her heart broke for her. She found herself wiping away a tear, and rested her head against Laz' shoulder. "Poor baby." She said quietly, for only him to hear.

Laz nodded his head and put an arm around Rose. "Maybe we can watch her for the night." He told Rose thoughtfully. "so she doesn't have to sleep somewhere cold and scary."
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Raph returned the small wave at the little girl then dropped his hand to his side again. He never was too great with kids, but at least this girl didn't bury herself further into Leo's jacket. Which was a very good sign. The situation almost would have been comical if it wasn't so sad. Leo's behavior lately was still very odd, though, and he would have to talk to him later, too. But first came Lexi. He had to try to regain what little progress he had made earlier in the evening with the flowers since the actual dinner had pretty much turned into a disaster!
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by Rosalie on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Laz wrote:Laz nodded his head and put an arm around Rose. "Maybe we can watch her for the night." He told Rose thoughtfully. "so she doesn't have to sleep somewhere cold and scary."

Rose smiled at that, giving a little nod. It sounded like a good idea to her, and would spare the little one of sleeping in a shelter. It would be prolonging the inevitable, but sparing her of at least one night would surely be better than just dumping her off there. Especially after everything the little girl had been through.

"You're so sweet." She complimented him, pressing a kiss against his cheek. "So thoughtful." She smiled. "Prying her away from Leo may be a little difficult, though."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Laz smiled and nodded. "I'm pretty good with kids." He stood up from his seat and went over to the helpless looking Leo. Leo had over heard Laz and hoped that he was as good with kids as he said.

Laz looked down at the little girl and smiled brightly. "Well I just....oh man, I have never, seen a princess as pretty as you! And I've seen a lot of princesses." He told 'Tinkerbell'.

"You don't want to stay with faries. A princess like you, should stay with knights in armor. You know, I happen to be a knight. Slaying dragons and saving princesses. Oh the stories I could tell you." He flashed her wink and bent down to get closer to her.

"Wanna come to my castle and hear my stories?"
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Leonardo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Ivy watched as the 'Knight' moved closer, and listened attentively as he spoke. Part of her wanted to go with him.. to see his castle and listen to his stories, but she didn't want to leave her fairy. She looked up at Leo, and then back at the Knight. "Can.. Weo come too?"

"Oooooh I don't know. You would have to ask the queen of the castle." Laz motioned to Rose.

Lexi couldn't help but grin at Laz' attempt, and the fact that he was willing to take the poor girl home for the night. He was so clever with his talk of knights and castles.. the man was so smooth. She just hoped it would be enough to convince the little girl. She seemed persuaded, but she was still clinging to Leo, wanting to take him with her..

Leo felt bad for the little girl, and part of him wanted to stay with her, make sure she was ok. But ne knew that he coudn't take care of a little girl, she was much better off with someone else. He looked over at Rose awaiting her answer.

Rose blushed a little at being called 'the Queen'. She really wasn't sure why Laz would be seeking her permission about having Leo over. Then she remembered, it was the apartment that she had rented. But she couldn't see Leo destroying the place or anything. "Of course he can.. If Leo can take time out of his busy Fairy schedule.."

Raph thought the proposal was cute...in an annoying kind of way. But as much as he wanted to disagree, it was probably better for the humans to take the girl with them. He stood back behind Lexi, trying to stay out of the way. He had only one other goal in mind and that was getting Lexi alone...to catch her up on everything.

"OK. But I have to talk to my brother first. So can you stay with Laz for a bit, and I'll be right back." Leo didn't want to make a big scene, but he did want to tell Raph about Mike before he went anywhere.

So, he was coming too?! That put a huge smile on Ivy's face. She wiped at her tears and gave a small nod, finally willing to leave the comforts and safety of her Fairy's jacket.

Leo carefully pulled The girl from his jacket and handed her over to Laz. Laz held the girl close to him and sat back down next to Rose. "What are you all sticky?" He grabbed a napkin and tried to clean her off.

Once he was freed of the girl. He went over to Raph and dragged him away from the others. "Where were you tonight, Raph? We needed you." He said quietly but harshly. "We went out to fight this drug problem and you weren't there. Mike was lucky to make it out alive. He got hurt pretty bad, Raph. We needed you." He shook his head in frustration.

Ivy curled up in Laz' lap, giggling as he attempted to clean her hands. "Waffwes!" She told him, then gave him a curious look. "Do Knights eat waffwes?"

..and apparently Leo's talk would come first. His temper had simmered somewhat but with all the accusations, it was starting to rise again. "I was takin' care of some business!" he hissed back, yanking his arm out of Leo's grip. His eyes widened with what Leo said about Mike. "What?! Why didn't anyone try callin' me?" Now he was feeling guilty for leaving his brothers hanging like that, especially if Mike was hurt. "I'm sorry, okay? Sheesh!" It wasn't so much that he was mad at Leo anymore, it was more at himself for blowing his brothers off. However, now he felt like he needed to be in two places at once and that couldn't happen.

Well that explaned it. "Yes! Waffles are like, one of my most favorite foods." He soon gave up cleaning her and wrapped his arms around her giving her a light squeeze. "Do you have any dolls or toys?"

Lexi became worried when Leo dragged Raph away, knowing it probably wasn't anything good. They would probably get into it. She wanted to follow, to intervene if something happened. But she knew it wasn't her place to intrude in their conversation.

Leo backed off a bit tho he was still upset. The last thing he wanted was to start a fight. "He was pushed off a building, he fell in some barbed wire. We were lucky that that Mikko girl was in the area. She probably saved his life, tho, I don't trust what her motives where. Still, she did help." Leo reached up and patted Raph's shoulder. "Mike's at April's place. You should visit him at least." And he would end it there, for now.

Ivy shook her head no, giving a cute pout. "Noo. I had one doww..but she wundded away." Okay, so the doll hadn't actually ran away, but her mother's druggy ex-boyfriend had trashed it because he said toys were for babies.

There was that name again. "Mikko..." He growled at THAT name. Why did he have to deal with most of the people he hated in a single fucking night! "That bitch actually helped? Who even pushed 'im in the first place?!" he demanded, trying to control his steadily rising temper again.

"She did? Well. We'll have to pick you up some new dolls then." Laz didn't have much money, but spending a little of what he had to make this little girl's night the best night ever, was worth it.

"Yeah." Leo said nodding. "She stitched up his leg, untangled him from the wire and made sure he was alright. I was surprised too. It was the foot that attacked us. We were greatly outnumbered. The foot are patroling the city like crazy. Master Splinter told me that he doesn't want us to get involved. That this isn't our fight."

Ivy smiled brightly at that. It had been so long since she'd had a doll.. it was like one of her dreams coming true! He was the nicest Knight, ever! She couldn't wait for her mom to wake up so she could meet her new friends.

Oh, this night just kept getting better and better! First Laz, then upsetting Lexi AGAIN, and now finding out the foot attacked and Mikey was hurt. Yeah, this was just perfect! "I gotta go, Leo." He knew he had to get out of there before he completely lost it. This was the last straw and now someone was gonna pay!

Leo was going to stop him, worried that he would do something stupid. But he couldn't just walk out after promising to stay with the girl. He sighed deeply and walked over to Lexi. "Can you please make sure Raph doesn't get himself in trouble."

Lexi was worried about the two, but was trying to distract herself with the sweet interactions between Laz and the little girl, who's name was still a mystery. Her attention shifted to Leo when he spoke.. as if she could keep Raph out of trouble! But she just gave him a reassuring nod. "I'll do my best."

And that was all Leo could ask for. He then turned to the other two and put on his best smile. "Lets go see that castle."

Laz looked up at Leo when he spoke and nodded his head. He then turned to Lexi. "I can bring you back home if you want." Because there was no way he was leaving Lexi alone in the ciry without a car.

Lexi hesitated for a moment, looking in Raph's direction. He'd mentioned wanting to talk to her, back at the lair... in private. But if she stayed, without a car, she would be stranded for the night. But she couldn't expect Laz to wait around. Not when he had a child to get settled. "I.. think Raph wanted me to come back to the lair with him." She said, waiting for his confirmation, oblivious to what had happened to Mike ad that Raph may want to go visit him instead. "But thank you."

Raph was so close to taking off. To where, he wasn't exactly sure. Somewhere just to get away from it all. But then he thought about Lexi. He'd been such an ass to her lately, he couldn't really abandon her this time. "Hey-uh, Lexi? Can you c'mere for a sec?" Once again, trying to control his temper, but plans had definitely changed.

Laz wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to abandon Lexi, but if she was staying with Raph then he could head home and get Tinkerbell settled in. He sat there and decided to wait until Lexi knew for sure what her plans were.

Leo held his hands out to Tinkerbell. "Wanna come back in the jacket?" He asked her.

Okay, so the fact that he was obviously flustered and calling her away wasn't good. She slowly stood up from her chair and headed over to where he was, giving him a concerned look. He definitely had that 'fight or flight' look about him, and it worried her deeply. She gently placed a hand on his shoulder, inwardly bracing herself for the disappointment.. the feel of rejection. "What's wrong, babe?"

And Ivy was quick to jump into Leo's arms. Sure, she liked the night.. but this green fairy was definitely her favorite person, aside from her mother

Leo wrapped his jacket around her and quickly zipped it back up. He also wasn't sure what was going on, but it looked like they were waiting to see what Lexi was doing.

Raph couldn't bear the thought of standing up Lexi again, so he did the only thing he could think of. "My brother's hurt, so I thought maybe we could go see 'im...together. Maybe we can talk on the way," he suggested, putting a hand on top of hers.

At least he wasn't bailing on her again, but it worried her that one of his brothers were injured. "Who got hurt?" She asked, worried. Obviously it wasn't Leo, so that left Don or Mike. Their talk didn't seem that important now, what mattered was his brother, but she gave a nod in response to his suggestion of talking on the way.

"Mikey. And you'll never guess who helped 'im. I can't even believe it myself." He shook his head lightly.

Poor little Mikey. That turtle just couldn't seem to keep himself out of trouble. But her thoughts were interrupted by Raph's next comment.. "..who?

Raph's expression hardened again before he spat out the name. "Mikko." He started leading her away from the group. "She found 'im an' helped 'im 'til the rest of my brothers came." He snorted in disgust. "Can' believe she would help after everythin' she's done ta us!"

Laz looked at the others and shrugged. "Looks like she's leaving with Raph. Well let us head out then." He stood up and offered his hand out to Rose.

Just hearing.. that.. name made her feel numb and physically ill. After what that woman had done to her, she would never be able to associate her with anything but pure evil. She shared Raph's anger, and knew that the..demon..wasn't helping out from the goodness of her heart. Hell, she had proven time and time again that she had no good in her. "She's trying to earn you guys' trust so she can sink her teeth in." She told him. "Look what she did to Gabe, repeatedly."

Rose was so ready for this night to end. She took Laz' offered hand and stood from her chair, smoothing out the dress. It would be great to get home, and it didn't seem to bother her that they would have two house guests. "The night wasn't a complete bust after all." She smiled at Laz, referring to him helping the poor orphan.

"I think the night went well." Laz said and lead them all out to his car. Once there he opened the door for Rose and slipped in the drivers seat. Leo slipped in the back with Tinkerbell. Once everyone was in he gave Lexi a wave and drove away. Hopefully she Lexi knew that if she needed anything she could call. "I have to make one quick stop first." Laz said as he drove down the street.

"That ain't happenin'" Raph reassured her. "I don' trust 'er as far as I can throw 'er." He continued leading her slowly in the direction of April's. "Leo sent 'er on 'er way. He don' trust 'er either!" Raph barely acknowledged the departing group with more than a quick nod. He was fueled by adrenaline from his own anger and he was tempted to give Lexi his coat. If he were human, the decision would have been easy. Instead, he slipped an arm around her, pulling her close. He hoped that would be enough to keep her warm.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758

Post by Lexi on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Raph wrote:"That ain't happenin'" Raph reassured her. "I don' trust 'er as far as I can throw 'er." He continued leading her slowly in the direction of April's. "Leo sent 'er on 'er way. He don' trust 'er either!" Raph barely acknowledged the departing group with more than a quick nod. He was fueled by adrenaline from his own anger and he was tempted to give Lexi his coat. If he were human, the decision would have been easy. Instead, he slipped an arm around her, pulling her close. He hoped that would be enough to keep her warm.

Lexi knew that Raph and his brothers were too smart to fall for Mikko's tactics, but it burned her up inside knowing that the psycho was probably trying to warm her way into gaining their trust so that she could sink her fangs in.. again. But one thing was for certain, after Mikko's attempt to kill her, she would never have any kind of trust for her. There was nothing but hatred now.

When Raph slipped an arm around her, she leaned against him, trying to get her mind off the hatred and murderous thoughts she had for Mikko.. it wasn't healthy. "How bad was Mike hurt?"

Male

Post by Raphael on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:58 am

Rose: "Yeah, I think so, too." Rose agreed. They were helping a little girl, couldn't beat that. She'd wished that things had gone better between Laz and Raph, but it was safe to say that those two would never get along.

Laz: Laz drove down the street a little ways then parked at a dollar store. "I'll be right back." He got out of the car and ran into the store. A little while later he came out caring two bags and slipped back in the car. "I have toys! And after you get a bath you can have them. " He reached in one of the bags and pulled out a plastic crown then handed it to Tinkerbell. "You can have this now tho."

Ivy: Ivy was excited over the toys! Even if she had to wait, at least she had a crown. She put it on her heat, smiling brightly. "I weawwy is a pwincess!" She beamed, and looked up at Leo. She reached up, pushing the concealing hood down, exposing his green face. She didn't seem a bit fazed by how 'odd' he looked. He was just a very unique fairy. She placed the crown on the top of his head. "Now, you a pwince!"

Leo: Leo smiled at the girl. "I thought I was a fairy." He teased and placed the crown back on her head. "It looks better on you."

Ivy: Ivy adjusted the crown and leaned up to hug Leo before snuggling back against him. Her thoughts soon drifted to her mommy, and she wondered if she had woken up yet... and if she had, she was probably looking for her. "Mommy gonna be mad cuz I weft." She told Leo, looking a little concerned, but it faded almost as quickly as it had popped up. "You can come wive with us.."

Rose: Rose thought it was the sweetest thing, what Laz was doing for little 'Tinkerbell'. She couldn't help but hear the conversation between the girl and Leo, and frowned deeply. The poor thing was probably too young to understand that her mother was never coming back. How could you explain that to someone so young? She looked over, giving Laz a sad look.

Leo: Leo returned the hug and held her close. "I don't think she'll be mad. " He told her, and really didn't know what else to say about it. she would find out sooner or later that her mom was never coming back, and he wasn't sure he wanted to be around when that happen.

Laz: Laz glanced over at Rose as they drove to the apartment. Someone was going to have to tell the girl about her mother. it just wasn't going to be him. "We're almost home." He anouced.

Raphael: "Pretty bad. Leo didn't really say," Raph replied with a frown. It was starting to get chilly and he was having second thoughts about walking all the way to April's. This was a time he really wished he had his bike with him.

Lexi: Indeed, it was getting very chilly. Lexi was beginning to wish that she'd worn something a little warmer, but the night had taken a few unexpected turns. "How far is April's?" She asked, having never been there before. "I could call a cab..."

Raphael: Normally Raph would have been firmly against the idea of a cab, but he was wanting to do what was best for Lexi, and that meant keeping her warm enough. He reluctantly agreed, nodding. "Yeah...maybe we should." He also hated the fact that she would be paying for it, but there wasn't much he could do about it. "I'm sorry I didn't think this through more." Next time, he would bring his own mode of transportation with him. Some ninja he proved to be this night.

Lexi: Lexi wasn't expecting for Raph to give in, but was silently grateful that he had. She wasn't liking the cold, and walking a long distance in heels was a little uncomfortable. She sat down on on the curb and pulled out her phone, speed-dialing the closest cab company. She told them their location, then tucked the phone back into her purse. "Hopefully it won't be long."

Raphael: Raph sat down next to her, pulling her close to him to keep her as warm as possible. He kept kicking himself over and over again but knew things had to be this way. He screwed up so badly in the past and this was just one more peg lower on the 'knight in shining armor' scale. And he absolutely hated it!

Lexi: Lexi leaned against him, resting her head against his shoulder. She could sense him beating himself up, but she didn't blame him for their current situation. "It's not your fault, babe. You didn't know this was going to happen." She told him, knowing it would do little good to ease his guilt, but at least she tried.

Raphael: Raph looked up at her and sighed, giving her a squeeze with the arm around her. "I know, but I have so much to make up for. I never meant to desert you like this. And that's not all I've done lately." He figured this was as good of a time as any to tell her what's all been going on. "One a' the reasons I wasn' around much was because my father was sick." Hell, that was the understatement of the year! "He went batshit crazy on me and my brothers. Found out he was under some sort of mind control or somethin'."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Lexi listened as Raph spoke, and she could tell that he genuinely felt bad. Part of her wanted to be quick to forgive, to tell him it was alright that he made her feel forgotten.. but if this relationship was going to work, they both needed to be honest with each other. And she couldn't just shrug off that feeling of dejection. Although, the information about his father made her a little more forgiving. Her eyes grew wide with alarm and concern.

"Oh my.. what happened?"

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-11-02

Post by Ivy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Ivy grinned at Leo's reassurances. If he thought that her mommy wouldn't be mad at her, then she had nothing to worry about! Because Fairies knew everything! Hearing Laz' announcement, she began to get excited.. she was finally going to see a real castle!!
    Rosalie
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 166
    Registration date : 2010-05-10

Post by Rosalie on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 pm

It seemed that no-one was going to explain to the little girl that he mother was never coming back, and it was probably for the best. She had experienced enough trauma for one night. Soon the apartment complex came into view and for once Rose was glad that she had nothing to do over the last several days except clean, so the place was spotless. But surely it wouldn't stay that way with a two year old running around. Not that she minded.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 am

Laz pulled up to the building and parked the car. "We're here." He annouced and hopped out of the car. He grabbed the toys and opened the door for both Rose and Leo.

Leo slipped out of the back seat still holding on to Tinkerbell. Once the little girl was settled in he would have to leave to head back to his own family.

Laz wrapped an arm around Rose and led the group inside of the place. He looked back at the girl and flashed her smile.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:06 am

"Bishop..." Raph said, almost growling the name. "He did somethin' to 'im an' he attacked us. We had ta knock 'im out jus' to get him ta stop." He reached up and adjusted his hat with a heavy sigh. "I'll hound that bastard forever 'cause of what he's done to us." He turned to Lexi, his expression hard. "Count on it."

"That's youw caswle?" Ivy asked, not really certain. It really didn't look like a castle to her.. but it wasn't like she had seen many 'real' ones. She was getting a little sleepy, but struggled to keep her eyes open as Leo carried her inside. Rose led the way, inside the building and up the stairs, unlocking the door and opening it for the group. It wasn't much, but would accommodate them comfortably. The couch would let out into a comfortable bed, if Leo ended up staying, which she hoped he would.. for 'Tinkerbell's' sake.

"Yep. The best one in the city." Once they got inside, Laz took Tinkerbell from Leo and set the bags down. "Now lets get you a bath and some clean cloths ok."

Leo handed the child over and sat on the couch. He wasn't sure if he should slip away while the girl slept, or tell her up front that he couldn't stay.

Bishop.. she should have known. And she understood his vow. The man had done nothing but torment him and his family. It was probably a good idea that Raph never find out who had given her that star, but surely he would know there weren't that many people in town.. or hell, the world.. that could give a woman something so extravagant. Now she was debating whether or not she should just let her own personal feelings go. Raph had gone through a lot... but so had she. No, she couldn't just shrug it off. With a deep sigh, she tried to choose her words carefully. "I just wish you would have.. called me at least." She said, giving him a sad look. "I hate that feeling.. of being forgotten." She reached for his hand, threading her fingers through his.. hoping they were 'okay'. "I know I probably sound selfish...I'm not asking for all of your time.. I just.. needed to hear your voice.."

Ivy wasn't too happy with being taken from Leo, but she didn't protest.. too much. Not while he was still within her line of vision. "Do knights have bubbwe baths and wubbew duckies?" She asked sweetly. Rose placed her purse and keys on the small end table, and turned her attention to their guest, flashing Leo a warm smile. "Would you like anything to drink or eat?" She asked. "If you want to stay the night, you're more than welcome. I can get you a pillow and some blankets..." She offered, hoping he would stick around.

Laz reached down and grabbed a small nightgown he had bought and some bath toys. "No sorry. But I have these toys. A water gun and a duck and some other little animals." He brought her into the bathroom and sat her down to look through the toys while he filled the tub.

Once Tinkerbell was out of the room Leo shook his head at Rose. "I can't stay. I have to take care of some things. But thank you."

...and all the rage Raph felt towards Bishop dissipated and was replaced with guilt once more. He never meant to hurt her like this. And of course he should have called... "I'm...sorry. You're right, I shoulda called. Things have just gotten so crazy 'round 'ere lately but I never EVER forgot about you." He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll be sure to tell you things from now on." He had come so close to losing her several times already and he was NOT screwing up again. Not if he had anything to say about it.

Lexi managed a small grin. It was all that she asked.. that he try. She knew none of this could be easy for him, the whole world of relationships. Or even just communicating for that matter. But she wanted to be the one that he could be open with.. no holding back. That's what partners were for. She squeezed his hand and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I know you're trying, babe. And I appreciate it. I want this to work.. because I want to be with you."

Ivy began plundering through the toys, trying to find what would be good for bath buddies. Definitely the water gun..because if she had to get wet, then so did the knight! Rose nodded in understanding, but was a little disappointed. "Well, you're welcome here anytime." She offered, smiling. "I know you'll probably want to check on her. Though, I'm not really sure how long Laz plans on keeping her. I know there's protocol for situations like this.. and she'll eventually have to go to the orphanage.."

Once the tub was filled Laz stripped the girl down and plopped her and the toys in the bath. "Time for the princess you get all clean and squeaky. Then you can play with your other toys and have some icecream." Leo stood up and smiled back. "Thank you. And yeah, I don't know what's going to happen to the poor girl. I probably shouldn't just leave without saying good bye tho. Maybe I'll wait till she gets out the bath before going."

Raph managed a smile at that. He guessed he hadn't fucked it up as much as he thought he did if she still wanted to be with him. It was a very pleasant surprise and the only thing he could think about at the moment was leaning over to kiss her. To reassure her everything was going to be alright. He reached up and caressed her cheek with his hand, giving a small nod. "Me too." Then he leaned over and kissed her tenderly on the lips then slowly pulled away. "I love you, Lexi."

There were other things that Lexi wanted to bring up, like the incident with him and Gabriel back at the hospital, but his affections side-tracked her from all that. His caress, his kiss, made her lose all rational thought. She leaned into his touch.. god, how she'd missed it, and returned his tender kiss. And then came the words that she'd longed to hear... and they came without her initiating them or making him feel obligated to reply. It really meant a lot to her, and made all the difference in the world. Suddenly, the night didn't seem as cold. "I love you too, Crazy." She was about to lean in for another kiss, but the cab finally pulled into view. Talk about bad timing..

Once in the tub Ivy quickly filled up the little water pistol and aimed it at Laz, spraying him right in the face. She giggled madly as she tried to refill, for the moment, having not a care in the world. She had no idea that her 'hero' was thinking about leaving her...

Rose gave a nod in agreement. "Yeah, I think you should stay, atleast to tell her goodbye." Though, she knew prying her off of her 'fairy' wouldn't be easy, but neither would be explaining to her why he'd left without telling her goodbye..

Laz laughed at her and tickled her sides as he washed her, getting her all soapy before rinsing her off. He then started to scrub her hair of all the dirt. "You are looking squeaky already. So what story do you want to hear first? Something with dragons? Or something with trolls maybe!" Leo sat back down and leaned back in the couch. "So how are you feeling about having her here?" Leo asked trying to make small talk.

Raph was wondering when the cab was going to arrive, and unfortunately, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. But either way, he felt much better on where he and Lexi stood in their relationship. Hopefully things would continue to get better. Raph would certainly do his damnedest to make it happen. When the cab came to a stop nearby, he stood up and offered his hand down to Lexi then slid his arm around her as they made their way over to the vehicle. Raph readjusted his hat to keep his form hidden from the driver as he opened the door for Lexi.

Horrible timing, indeed. Lexi was still inwardly fuming about that, and if they didn't need this ride so badly.. she would have told the driver off! She walked with Raph to the cab, and slid into the back when he opened the door for her. Once they were both in, she snuggled up against him, just happy to be near him again. "Where to?" The driver asked in his thick foreign accent. Lexi started to speak up, but then remembered that she didn't know where April lived. "Where to, babe?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:59 pm

"125 Merril Street," Raph told the driver once he was settled inside the cab. He gave Lexi a quick nuzzle and slipped his arm around her shoulders. Words couldn't even express how much he missed this contact with Lexi. It seemed like years to him. But he wouldn't dare admit it to anyone; except maybe her.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Lexi was enjoying Raph's simple gestures of affection. It had been so long since she had felt his touch, but it did wonders to ignite how she truly felt about him. She melted against him, wishing this ride could last a little longer, but all too soon they were nearing their destination. When the cab pulled next to the house, she reluctantly forced herself up and paid the driver, then gave Raph a questioning look.

"Babe.. it's late. You don't think April will mind me being here, do you?" She asked, wanting to be with him.. but not wanting to intrude.

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:03 pm

The ride was over too soon, but Raph was getting a little cramped in the backseat, anyway. He would much rather spend some time with Lexi in a more open space. And by that, he still meant with plenty of privacy. Hopefully April would have an open room for them to stay in. He was pretty sure Don stayed with Mike overnight, but had no clue that the girls would also be there.

He nodded to Lexi's question, "I'm sure it's fine, babe. April's got plenty of rooms in this house of 'ers." He slowly detangled himself from around Lexi and opened the door of the cab, stepping out then offered his hand out to Lexi to take.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

It had been a tough decision, but after Angel had finally fallen asleep, Casey decided that it would be a good idea to check in on April. Their relationship needed some serious patching up, and mainly because of him, he realized. True, it was April that had disappeared all those months before, but now he questioned his reaction and coldness towards her return. They were communicating, and things were on the mend, but he still felt he had some making up to do.

Even though Casey still wasn't too fond of Kelly, the kid had proven his loyalty towards Angel, even if he didn't want to admit it to himself. He had been by her side throughout this ordeal. It made him feel a little more at ease with leaving the hospital, knowing that she would have someone watching over her. He'd made Kelly promise to call him if her condition changed, but Angel was making great progress, and he was confident that she was out of the woods. Otherwise he wouldn't be leaving.

He headed out of the hospital with a load on his mind. The city was going to shit, and his best friend was too stuck up his girlfriend's ass to help him bring a little order to the chaos. As if that wasn't bad enough, there was a new 'vigilante' stealing his spotlight! Though, from the news footage, it seemed the 'Phoenix' was targeting Turks, which made this seem a lot more personal than some random act of good-deed-ness. But, whatever! There was only room for one hockey-masked-wearing psycho, so that other guy had to go!!

As he made his way toward April's house, a flower stand caught his attention and his thoughts instantly went back to April. It would be one small step toward getting back on the right track if he did something thoughtful.. something romantic. But, it took some serious arguing to talk the seller down enough for him to be able to afford five roses!! He couldn't understand why stupid weeds had to cost so much! But he paid the twelve bucks, a bit begrudgingly, and continued his trek toward his destination...
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Raphael wrote:The ride was over too soon, but Raph was getting a little cramped in the backseat, anyway. He would much rather spend some time with Lexi in a more open space. And by that, he still meant with plenty of privacy. Hopefully April would have an open room for them to stay in. He was pretty sure Don stayed with Mike overnight, but had no clue that the girls would also be there.

He nodded to Lexi's question, "I'm sure it's fine, babe. April's got plenty of rooms in this house of 'ers." He slowly detangled himself from around Lexi and opened the door of the cab, stepping out then offered his hand out to Lexi to take.

Lexi was still uncertain, not wanting to intrude.. but she also cared about Mike and wanted to make sure that the young turtle was okay. Plus, she wasn't going to pass up any opportunity to be with Raph. She took his offered hand and stepped out of the cab, her gaze fixated on the house.

"She has a nice place." She mentioned, folding her arms to shield her from some of the chilliness. She certainly wasn't dressed for this kind of weather, but she really wasn't expecting this, either. She finally allowed her arms to drop, reaching to once again take Raph's hand as they made their way towards the house...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:42 am