Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Re: Fighting against the storm

Post by Lazarus on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:02 am

"Sure we want you there." Laz chimed and offered his hand to the woman. "We just have to pick up a few things from here and we'll be on our way."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:01 pm

"Of course." Lexi agreed, relieved that she had given in. Leaving her here and not knowing her fate would play on Lexi's mind. At least she wouldn't be worrying now. She headed inside the store, expecting the two to follow.

Aeris managed another smile at Laz and took the offered hand. His warm palm felt good against her cold hand, and a part of her didn't want to let it go, but holding onto him, a stranger, would seem a bit odd. She didn't want this man to think she was weird. "Thank you." She said politely, and reluctantly released him, following closely behind him, sparing a glance at his backside. Not bad...actually.. it was nice. It was just now registering what Lexi had said earlier. They were having a party for Gabriel...

She gave Laz a confused look as Lexi busied herself with picking out high grade beer for the guys, and wine for herself.

"I thought.. Gabriel was dead..." She whispered to Laz, not wanting Lexi to overhear. Maybe the poor woman was in denial. She knew how close those two had been, maybe his death had drove her crazy and she was throwing him a party anyway, even though he was gone..
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 am

Laz smiled at Aeris and shook his head. "Gabe's death was faked." He whispered back. "For his own safety. Unfortunetly I think words done got out about him, so he has to be careful when he comes out to the city. He lost his memory of everything, but his soon to be wife is helping him with that. He's doing good, all things considering."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Aeris shoved her free hand in her pocket, trying to keep it warm. The other still clutched to her bottle of liquor. She listened as Laz spoke, and now that she thought about it, she vaguely remembered that Mikko girl mentioning that the party she was trying to drag her to was for Gabe. But her mind was on other things back at Ryan's condo.. mainly on how much her heart hurt. Nothing else really registered.

"Poor guy. He just can't seem to catch a break." She commented, taking another swig from her bottle. At least she was beginning to feel numb. "That girl... Mikko? I think that's her name.. was trying to drag me along to that party tonight." She told Laz, having no clue about the bad blood between Lexi and Mikko, or that the girl wasn't invited. Luckily Lexi was out of ear shot by now, grabbing all the things she thought they would need for tonight and piling them into her cart. "But that crazy bitch pulled a gun on me, and is fucking my ex.. I guess she thought I could just excuse all that and go somewhere alone with her. I wasn't born yesterday."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:10 pm

At that Laz suddenly became very serious. He looked at Aeris and shook his head giving her a deep frown. "Stay away from Mikko." He told her. "And your Ex should stay away too. She kills her boyfriends. She tried to rape and kill Lexi. She's a homicidal maniac and is NOT invited to the party, how did she even find out about it?"

Laz reached his hand out and took the booze from Aeris. "Slow down, girl. The party is going to have lots of liquids for ya. And yeah, I don't know how close you are to yer Ex. But if you two are still friends. I would tell him to stay away from Mikko before he ends up dead like the others."

Laz then took a small sip from the bottle and handed it back to her. "I'll have to tell Lexi later about Mikko knowing about the party, but enough about that crazy woman, what about you? Why were you out there all by yourself?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Aeris was stunned by what Laz was telling her, though, it really shouldn't surprise her. The girl definitely came off as being bat-shit crazy. But would Ryan even listen to her?! Of course not. She pulled out her phone and began to write a text to Ryan, since hearing his voice would be too painful. Plus, he was probably at work, no way he would answer his cell.

"I'm going to warn him.. but she could be dripping in blood and would think the girl does no wrong. He'll just think I'm being jealous..." She rattled on, voice slightly slurred, tears burning at the backs of her eyes. She didn't want anything to happen to Ryan, but knew he wouldn't listen to her...

Ryan, I know you'll probably think that I'm blowing smoke up your ass, but you need to get away from Mikko. She's a murderer. I was just informed that she has killed men that she has dated, and attacked and tried to rape and kill Lexi. Your life is in danger... please listen to me.

She sent the text and slid the phone back into her jacket pocket, wiping at her tears. "I was there because I'm in trouble.. I needed somewhere to go. I thought he would help.. but he's moved on.." She would have said more, but Lexi reappeared, looking at the two with concern. From Laz' serious expression and Aeris' new tears...she gathered that something wasn't right...

"Is everything okay?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Laz put an arm around Aeris and pulled her close. He looked up at Lexi with a little frown. "Mikko's dating her ex. She was trying to warn him. Also...Ummm...Mikko also found out about the party. But don't worry, i'll make sure she don't show."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Aeris allowed Laz to pull her near, finding the closeness extremely comforting. She really didn't know how to answer Lexi, but thankfully Laz had done that for her, but the situation only worsened seeing just how visibly upset Lexi became over the news that Mikko was planning on showing up.

"What?! Who told her?" She asked, upset and panicked. She had put a lot into this party, and it was a much needed break from all the stresses that she had been dealing with. But now her biggest enemy was going to ruin all that...

"I think she's going to come with some girl...Daisy, I think..."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Laz let go of Aeris and held on to Lexi's arms. "Calm down. She's not going to show, we'll just call Daisy and tell her what's going on. And tonight I'll keep an eye out for her. Anyway, Mikko's crazy, but I don't think she's crazy enough to show up to a place where everyone wants her dead. Lets just get the things and head back to the house to set up for the party."

Laz laid a wet loud kiss against Lexi's cheek. "It'll be ok, promise."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:46 pm

Lexi's hands were already trembling, but she was trying to compose herself. No.. she wouldn't let Mikko get to her like this. She wouldn't let that monster ruin this day. She took a deep breath, sighing deeply. "Talking won't do any good." She said, but was comforted by the kiss. She gave a small nod at Laz, then headed to the register to pay for everything. "At least I haven't given Daisy directions yet.. thank God."

Aeris gave Laz a concerned look, and followed them. It seemed her life wasn't the only one so complicated.She was in good company.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 pm

"Babe, come on. Very little talking will happen. Hun wants her, he's paying good money for her too. Thinking about cashing her in. It's really a win win for everyone."

Laz flashed Aeris a grin and ruffled her hair. "No one is going to hurt my girls, don't worry."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:40 am

Lexi wanted Mikko off the street as much as anyone else, and maybe even more so.. but not at the expense of Laz getting hurt. But, she tried to remember that Laz was a former trained ninja, and Mikko was just a thug. Well, ex thug. But still, a murderer. "If you do, Laz... promise me you'll be careful." She begged. "Mikko's one person, but there's always someone stupid enough to be in her 'posse'." Like the night she was attacked. It was all Turks, but she seemed to be giving them orders.. had ordered them to kill her when they were done. Memories of that night sent shivers down her spine and she glanced at the scars on her wrists, quickly concealing them beneath the sleeve of her jacket. It would take a few more laser surgeries to fade them.

When Lexi glanced down at her wrists, Aeris' gaze traveled, catching a glimpse before Lexi covered them with her sleeve. She figured the gang had done that to her, but wasn't going to question it, not now. She was drawn back from her thoughts when Laz ruffled her hair, and she managed a smile. It was a relief knowing that someone was willing to protect her. A complete stranger, who didn't even know her whole story. It really meant a lot.

"So I'm guessing this 'Hun' that you speak of is the leader of the Purple Dragons?" She asked, figuring it was. That was a pretty unusual name, not likely that two men in this town would have it. "If so, it's fishy that Mikko would sing his praises and try to send me to him when he has a price on her head." She shrugged, following Lexi out to the SUV and helped her load the bags into the van. "Then again, not really fishy, I suppose. I'm sure she was just trying to trick me into going to him to get myself killed."

Lexi shook her head, pulling the hoodie up to hide her face. "Don't listen to anything that monster says. Her whole reason for existing is to hurt and kill everyone around her. Look what she did to Gabe, the person she 'claimed' to love and trust more than anyone. If she can do that to her 'brother', no one is safe." And now she was growing curious, and while Aeris had blown the question off earlier, she had just opened the door for new ones. "Why would you even think about going to Hun?" She finally asked.

Aeris dropped her head, not really wanting to say. This was her own mess, she didn't want to drag them into it. But they had a right to know. "The Dragons are after me..."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:13 am

"I'll be super careful." He promised. Laz followed the girls out and helped with the bags. Once everything was loaded he hopped in the car and waited for the others.

"Yeah, it's best to just stay away from Mikko. Far, far away. Tho I have to admit, I'm glad that she offed Spike. I think the world is glad for that."

Once everyone was settled in he took off, headed out the city and towards home.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Aeris climbed into the back seat, bracing herself for the reaction of her being 'hunted'. Laz didn't have anything to say on the issue, but Lexi shifted to look back at her, a bit surprised. Just what had this girl gotten herself into?! "Why are they after you?"

Aeris was quiet for a moment, but finally lifted her gaze to meet Lexi's. "Because of this loser that I was dating. He owed them money, but decided that it would be easier to give them me instead."

Lexi shifted back in her seat. "The Dragons used to be above such pettiness." She said, more to herself than anyone else. "They didn't beat, rape or kill women. The Turks were the animals. But I guess Hun just doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's lost his sense of code." She sighed. "We'll figure out something. Don't worry."

Don't worry.. that was easy for Lexi to say. She was tempted to tell her that not all Turks were animals, but she felt it was best to keep her mouth shut on the subject. "Thank you guys for letting me tag along." She said quietly, pulling out her phone to check and see if Ryan had bothered to text her back, or maybe she had missed his call. But a frown tugged at the corners of her lips when she discovered there was nothing from him. He wasn't going to listen to her.

Lexi was trying really hard not to stress over tonight, but it was difficult. She pulled out her phone and dialed Daisy's number, hoping that she would answer. Even if she didn't, she hadn't given them directions yet, she tried to remind herself. She would be able to speak to the girl before they showed up with Mikko uninvited.

It took a few moments, but Daisy finally made it to her phone, a smile stretching across her lips when she saw Lexi's name on the ID. "Hey Lexi!!" She beamed, flashing Mikko a smile as she greeted her. "Is it time to come? If so, I only like a few more minutes...I'm making a few things for the party!!"

Lexi sighed inwardly. She could hear Daisy's excitement, and the kid had even taken it upon herself to prepare things for the party. Great. She was just going to tell the girl that it had been canceled, it would be the easiest course of action. But could she really disappoint her like that? She remembered how the girl used to get treated back at the rehabilitation center, she had dealt with so much disappointment in her life. One of the reasons she had taken Daisy under her wing. Could she honestly be the cause of one more disappointment in the girl's life? No.

"Hey girlie.." She greeted, remembering how much she loved to be called that. "I wanted to talk to you about something, okay?" She began, trying to figure out how to break it down to Daisy. Just be honest with her. "It's about Mikko. I was informed that you invited her to the party, but.. that's not going to work." She told the girl. "I know she's your friend, and you were just trying to be nice.. but it's not a good idea for Mikko and I to be in the same place." She paused, wondering if she should say anymore.. but she reminded herself- honesty.

"Mikko and her boys tried to rape and kill me a few weeks ago. She hates me enough to want to kill me, so I can't have her at the party."

Daisy's eyes went wide. She had no idea. She gave Mikko a hurtful look, then returned her attention to the phone. "...okay." She replied, the enthusiasm gone from her voice. It seemed she wouldn't be going to the party, after all. "I'm sorry, Lexi.. I didn't know. I wanted you to see Zoe.. but, maybe some other time." She forced a small smile, even though it wouldn't be seen through the receiver. "Tell JT and Raph happy Birthday! Love you, sis.. byebye!" With that, she hung up, too afraid that her disappointment would become too obvious if she stayed on the phone any longer.

"..Daisy, wait!" But it was too late. Daisy had already hung up. Great. With a sigh, Lexi leaned back in her seat, running her fingers through her hair, frustrated and upset. "I really wanted Daisy to be there." She said quietly, more to herself than the others, casting her gaze out the window.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 pm

Laz glanced at Lexi and gave her a smile. "I have to come back in the city to get some things. I'll pick her up, she'll come to the party." He then glanced over at Aeris and turned back to the road. "As for you. Don't worry about Hun, I'll talk to him. No one is going to hurt my girls or ruin this night. I promise."
    Ryan
    Friend

Number of posts : 204

Post by Ryan on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Aeris wrote:Aeris was stunned by what Laz was telling her, though, it really shouldn't surprise her. The girl definitely came off as being bat-shit crazy. But would Ryan even listen to her?! Of course not. She pulled out her phone and began to write a text to Ryan, since hearing his voice would be too painful. Plus, he was probably at work, no way he would answer his cell.

"I'm going to warn him.. but she could be dripping in blood and would think the girl does no wrong. He'll just think I'm being jealous..." She rattled on, voice slightly slurred, tears burning at the backs of her eyes. She didn't want anything to happen to Ryan, but knew he wouldn't listen to her...

Ryan, I know you'll probably think that I'm blowing smoke up your ass, but you need to get away from Mikko. She's a murderer. I was just informed that she has killed men that she has dated, and attacked and tried to rape and kill Lexi. Your life is in danger... please listen to me.

She sent the text and slid the phone back into her jacket pocket, wiping at her tears. "I was there because I'm in trouble.. I needed somewhere to go. I thought he would help.. but he's moved on.." She would have said more, but Lexi reappeared, looking at the two with concern. From Laz' serious expression and Aeris' new tears...she gathered that something wasn't right...

"Is everything okay?"

Ryan was indeed on his way to work when the text came in. He had already called his boss again and told him he was on is way, so he knew it couldn't be him. So who was it? He waited until he made it to his parking spot in the garage before he checked the message because traffic was pretty bad at this time in the city.

His eyes widened in shock at just who it was from. He never expected to see another text from this person again. He was surprised she still had his number after all this time. Granted, she just showed up out of the blue again overnight, but as quickly as she came, she left again.

His eyes continued to widen as he read the text. He knew about Mikko's history but there were some things that were just unforgivable! Could he really stay with a woman that had done all these terrible things? He didn't seem to have a problem before, but now he was backpedaling in his decision.

Yes, he believed Aeris, but...there had to be something he could do to help this other woman. There just HAD to be! However, it was getting harder to accept her past. He certainly had some thinking to do while he was at work. And as soon as he was off, he would be giving BOTH women a call.

He climbed out of his car and headed for the building with a heavy mind. Definitely something to think about...
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz glanced at Lexi and gave her a smile. "I have to come back in the city to get some things. I'll pick her up, she'll come to the party." He then glanced over at Aeris and turned back to the road. "As for you. Don't worry about Hun, I'll talk to him. No one is going to hurt my girls or ruin this night. I promise."

And once again, Laz was able to put Lexi's mind at ease. She leaned over, pressing a kiss against his cheek. "Thanks, babe." She smiled at him, giving his knee a light squeeze. She felt horrible that she had upset Daisy, but hopefully she would be able to make up for it tonight. Thankfully she had strawberry ice-cream in the freezer.. Daisy's favorite.

Aeris couldn't help but see the display between Lexi and Laz, a half-smile stretching across her face. "You sure you two aren't dating?" She asked, half-amused.. half-jealous. The two seemed really comfortable with each other.

Lexi shifted just enough to spare the girl a grin, then looked at Laz. "Nah.. Laz is my best friend in the whole world." She playfully pinched his cheek. "He always knows what to say...and puts me back together whenever I fall apart." She added, deep sincerity in her tone. "And he's done that a lot here lately." She said, patting Laz' knee.

..and it baffled Aeris why Lexi wasn't with this guy. She remembered Laz mentioning that Lexi had a boyfriend.. but still. The other guy must be a friggin' gold-plated saint if Lexi was choosing him over Laz. Unless...

"Are you married, Laz?"

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Laz chuckled at her question and shook his head. "Not married. In fact, I think I might be single. My girl left in hurry. and if I had to be honest with myself, I don't think she's ever coming back." Laz gave a shrug. She did everything he could for Rose, but still, he really didn't think that she was coming back. Her loss he supposed. tho, he would miss her.

Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:49 pm

He was.. single. Well, Aeris definitely wasn't disappointed by that, but she did give him a sympathetic look. "Sorry to hear that." She said, fidgeting with the long sleeves of her borrowed shirt. "But, you sound like a great guy. You need someone who will appreciate you." She managed a lop-sided grin at the rear-view mirror. Not that she was suggesting herself, but hell... life worked in mysterious ways sometimes. Not that she thought he could be attracted to someone like her. He obviously liked Lexi, and she just didn't compare to her.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:52 pm

"If I didn't know better I would say you were hitting on me." Laz teased. He turned out of the city, away from the noise and lights. "I'm not complaning about that by the way." He glanced at her in the mirror and gave her a wink.

"So. how did you get Gabe and Raph out the house?" He asked Lexi.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Aeris' eyes grew wide, but before she could stutter a reply, he commented that he wasn't complaining, causing her to blush madly. Very few guys could do that to her, but this guy was a flirt, and a damn good one. She just spared him a shy little smile and decided to keep her mouth shut before she embarrassed herself anymore.

Lexi grinned in amusement at the two, briefly thinking that Laz did need someone that would appreciate him and love him the way that he deserved to be. But at the same time.. that made her jealous. Though, she knew it wouldn't be fair to hog Laz all to herself, especially when she couldn't give him her all.

His question pulled her from her thoughts. "Gabe was easy. He left earlier to head to the city." She shook her head. "There's no keeping that boy tied down, as much as I would like to. Raph took some 'shoo'ing'."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

"Serenity needs to put a shorter leash on that boy." Soon they were on the road that lead to the house, he turned the radio on to some club dance station.

"Aeris, just wondering, how much money does your man owe Hun?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 pm

"That's the truth." Lexi agreed, but knew that Serenity liked to give Gabe his freedom. Which was good, but he had a knack for getting himself into trouble. When Laz turned the radio on to some dance station, she quirked an amused brow, but said nothing.

Aeris was once again checking her phone for a reply from Ryan when Laz spoke up, asking her how much was owed to the Dragons. "I'm not exactly sure." She frowned. "But a couple of thousand, I think."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:56 pm

"Laz nodded at Aeris. He would find a way to get the girl out of trouble, he was sure Hun would make some kind of deal, if he was in a good mood that is.

Soon they were pulling up Lexi's drive. He parked the car and turned it off, then got out to open the doors for the girls. "What time is this party suppose to start?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Aeris had no idea that Laz was actually planning on working out a deal with Hun. She just assumed that he would talk to him. But that was a lot of money, surely the gang leader wouldn't just let it go. She could only hope.

When they pulled into the long drive and the house finally became visible, Aeris' jaw dropped in awe. The place was huge! "It's beautiful." She complimented.

"Heh. Thank you." Lexi replied as she climbed out of the SUV, Aeris close behind. The blonde was still looking the place over even as she followed Lexi and helped her grab a few bags out of the back.

"Probably around 7:30ish.. or 8." Lexi replied to Laz. You know Gabe and Raph. Both night owls." And she figured it would be around that time before Gabe even showed back up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 am