Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Re: Fighting against the storm

Post by Lazarus on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:39 pm

"Sounds good. I'm going to head back to the city, pick up some things along with Daisy. Tho I'll have to find out where she lives, can you give me her phone number?"
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Serenity seen from the window that Laz and Lexi had come back. She pushed herself up from her chair and walked outside to help them bring in bags. She gave the new girl a friendly smile and picked up a bag. "Hi, I'm Serenity?" She said, introducing herself. "I'm guessing you're a friend of one of the birthday boys."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Lexi called off Daisy's number for Laz since her arms were full of bags and she couldn't free up a hand to write it down for him. He could save it in his phone and go from there.

Aeris watched the stranger approach, figuring this must be Gabriel's girl, and when she introduced herself, her suspicions were confirmed. Definitely not his usual type, but years had passed, and time had probably changed him. Either that, or his lack of memory. She returned her smile, giving a small nod.

"Yeah, I know Gabriel." She told her. "Well, used to. I doubt he'll remember me." She cringed, figuring that was a poor choice of words, considering that he had no memory of his life before. "I mean.. I know he won't." She gave a sympathetic grin. "You must be the lucky girl. I always wondered if anyone would be able to tame him."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Laz put it in his phone and thanked Lexi. Now to get Daisy and pick up some other things. He grabbed the bags from Seren. "No heavy lifting you." He told her.

Seren gave Laz a pout, but then smiled at Aeris. "Hardly. No, Gabe's a free spirit. I can't tame him." She then softly patted her stomach. "But I bet this little one can."
    Ryan
    Friend

Number of posts : 204

Post by Ryan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Once Ryan was settled inside his office with paperwork scattered all over his desk, he pulled out his phone and read the message once more. Then he typed his own reply back to her:

we need 2 talk l8r

He wasn't willing to let Mikko go over this before he had a chance to talk to her too, but right now he had to focus on work. After submitting his message to Aeris, he sighed heavily and put his phone down. Then he went to work on sorting through piles of papers.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Lexi was about to say something to Serenity about lifting bags, but Laz had already beat her to it. She headed inside to unpack the bags, figuring the others would be inside once they were finished with introductions.

"A free spirit... well, at least that much hasn't changed about him." Aeris smiled, deeply envying this girl. A few years ago, she had wanted nothing more than to be with Gabriel. She was in love with him, but he was just too wild to be with one woman. Still, she was glad that he had finally settled down enough to be with just one woman, even if it wasn't her. And it seemed he even had a baby on the way. "Wow.." Her eyes slightly widened. "Congrats.. how far along are you?" She managed to ask, just before her phone demanded her attention.

She pulled it from her pocket, but waited before answering, not wanting to be rude and interrupt Seren's reply to her question..
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:50 pm

"A little over a month." Seren replied. When Aeris got her phone call, Seren motioned that she would be inside. Her and Laz headed in to start helping Lexi unpack everything and start setting up for the party.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Aeris finally looked at her phone, seeing Tick's number. She figured it was her friend calling, having no idea what had happened. "Hey Hot-pocket!" She greeted, having given him that nick-name since it's what he served when they had first met.

It seemed she had a text from Ryan.. but she would have to wait to read it.
    Bones
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Bones on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

"Hot-pocket?" Bones asked. That was an odd nickname, tho he guessed not any more odd then Tick. "This isn't Hot-pocket. This is Bones, I t don't know if you remember me. Anyway, Tick and I got into a little fight with a ninja and his sword. We're at the hospital, Tick's pretty beat up, He's holding on but, the docs are going to wait to see if he makes it through the night before they get their hopes up. So I was thinking, you two got close, maybe you can come down and try to helping him through this...Or something. I don't know."

Because honestly, bones didn't think there was anything anyone could do for him.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Aeris' smile quickly vanished when she heard who it was. Yes, she remembered him. It was the guy that made her feel like a piece of meat. She wondered why he would be calling, and from Tick's phone.. until he explained things. Her heart sunk, hearing the news.

"Which hospital?" She asked, determined to make it to see him, before it was too late.
    Bones
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-08-26

Post by Bones on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:13 pm

"Memorial central." Bones told her. "Sixth floor room 608."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 pm

"Okay, I'll be there." Aeris told him. "Thank you for letting me know." With that, she hung up, and slid the phone back into her pocket. Her heart was heavy now, even more so than before. Her friend was probably dying, and she wasn't sure if she would make it back in time to say good-bye. She hadn't known Tick long, but he was one of those guys who made an impression, someone you felt you knew your whole life.

She sighed inwardly as she headed up the steps of the massive front porch, and into the house. She followed the sounds of the others' voices, and walked into the beautiful kitchen, her features grim. Her gaze immediately fixated on Laz.

"Mind if I catch a ride with you back to the city?" She asked, fighting back tears. "My friend is in the hospital."
    Marley
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 am

Remey wrote:And soon Belle was chasing Remey into the kitchen, doing her best zombie impression. "Smells good in, love." Remey complmented and pressed a kiss against Mar's lips. He then reached down and scooped Belle up in his arms. "So you want some brains?"

Belle smiled and shook her head. "Ewwwwwwww."

Remey set her down in a chair then took a seat himself. "Someone's been watching foodnetwork." He chimed and fixed Belle a plate before piling his own plate up.

Marley returned his kiss, smiling at the compliment. "Heh...thanks!" Her grin grew a little wider as she sat beside him, fighting the urge to sit in his lap. She was determined not to rape him during breakfast. She had to behave in front of little Belle... but sometimes it was hard. Since her pregnancy, her hormones had been at an all time high, and Remey's awesome sexiness didn't help matters any. The doctor said it was normal, however, so there was nothing to worry about. It just became a little bothersome in public places and in front of his daughter!

"Yep, I've been doing my homework!" She beamed, filling her plate full. She was eating for two, after all. "And, Lexi's been giving me some pointers." She told him, taking a bite of her bacon. "That woman's a master in the kitchen." She swallowed her mouthful and took a drink of her juice. "Speaking of which, I was thinking after breakfast I would go see if Lexi and Seren need help with setting up for tonight. You wanna come? I'm sure there's guy stuff you can get into." She winked.
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by Remey on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:13 am

Belle beamed at the mention of going over to Lexi's house, Remey looked over at his daughter and smiled. "Yes, we'll go over to see aunt Lexi." Belle let out a cheer and started eating as fast as she could so she could get over to Lexi's place soon!

Remey wondered if Lexi knew how much little Belle adored her. He looked back over at Marley. "I have a question for you." He started. "Mum said that there's a very bad hurricane coming. I looked at the weather and yeah, it's not looking good at all, people are already starting to leave the city. It's suppose to hit in the next day or two. So my question is. Would you like to run back down to Louisiana, or wait out the storm in the city. Either way we're going to have to leave the beach. It's just not safe."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:15 am

Aeris wrote:"Okay, I'll be there." Aeris told him. "Thank you for letting me know." With that, she hung up, and slid the phone back into her pocket. Her heart was heavy now, even more so than before. Her friend was probably dying, and she wasn't sure if she would make it back in time to say good-bye. She hadn't known Tick long, but he was one of those guys who made an impression, someone you felt you knew your whole life.

She sighed inwardly as she headed up the steps of the massive front porch, and into the house. She followed the sounds of the others' voices, and walked into the beautiful kitchen, her features grim. Her gaze immediately fixated on Laz.

"Mind if I catch a ride with you back to the city?" She asked, fighting back tears. "My friend is in the hospital."

Laz frowned deeply at that. "Of course, I'll bring you were ever you need to do. Why's your friend in the hospital? Is she going to be ok?" He asked, assuming that it was a female friend.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 am

Aeris: Aeris just shook her head, giving Lexi an apologetic look. She really wanted to help out with the party, and to be a part of it, but Tick could die. "It isn't sounding too good.. I don't know if he'll be okay. His friend said that they were attacked by ninjas."

Laz: Laz shook his head at that. "Damn Foot... Well lets hurry and get you back to the city then." He turned to Lexi and gave her a little wave. "I'll be back with Daisy and Kendall soon." He then started to lead Aeris back out to the car.

Aeris: Of course, Lexi understood that a dying friend took priority over a party, she just hoped the girl made it back in time to say good-bye. She returned Laz' wave and watched them go, then returned to unpacking the bags, and getting things ready for tonight. Aeris followed Laz out, really regretting that she hadn't visited Tick earlier. Maybe she could have prevented this. But, she hated being at Turk head-quarters, and the boy seemed to live there. Some of the members made her uneasy.

Laz: Laz opened the front door for her then hopped in the drivers seat. As soon as Aeris was settled in he drove off. "I had heard that the Foot were attacking gang members. I wasn't sure if it was true or not, guess it was. I hope that your friend makes it out alright."

Aeris: Aeris climbed into the front seat and soon they were off. When Laz mentioned that the Foot were attacking gang members, her eyes slightly widened. So, the secret was out. Or, it wasn't that hard to figure out. Her friend was a gang member. "Yeah... I didn't want to say too much in front of Lexi, because I know she hates the Turks, and for good reason... but Tick isn't like them." She told him, but was sure he wasn't convinced. "He's really a good guy."

Laz: "So, he's a Turk..." Laz glanced over at Aeris then back at the road. "Never trust a Turk. No matter how friendly they seem. They're not good people, at all. I just don't want to see you getting hurt is all."

Aeris: Aeris was almost certain that Laz would have that reaction, but at least it wasn't as strong as she had expected. She gave a small nod, sighing deeply. "Yeah, I know I shouldn't. But there's not a whole lot of people I can trust, and he helped me out of a sticky situation. He's always been nice to me, but I don't trust his 'brothers'. I feel uncomfortable around them." She told him, giving him a curious look. "You speak as if you've had personal dealings with them..."

Laz: "I've pretty much had personal dealings with all the organized crime in the city. I was a foot ninja, a purple dragon. Yeah I've run into a few Turks. But, I do still hope that your friend is ok." He turned down the road that lead them into the city. "What hospital is he at?"

Aeris: Aeris was glad that Laz was able to put his own personal feelings aside and hope that her friend was okay. "Thank you." She told him, managing a grin. She thought it was pretty cool that not only had he been a Ninja, but a Dragon as well. "Memorial central." She answered. "So, I guess you're a pretty good fighter, huh?" She asked, quirking a brow. "Did you leave the Foot to become a Dragon?"

Laz: "I am a good fighter." He beamed proudly. "And yah, I didn't like what Shredder was doing with the foot so I quit. I joined the dragons just because I lwanted to be able to still keep an eye on the people who were really running the city. But it seems that everyone has gone crazy. Dragons use to be good people, well...more or less, they had a code of honor. Not so much anymore. The foot just want more power and the Turks just want everyone dead."

Aeris: Aeris leaned back in her seat as she listened, it seemed like a good enough reason to be downgraded, but it seemed that everything had gone to hell. "Yeah, I can remember when the Dragons had some form of moral." She sighed. "That's back when I had my eye on Gabriel. Hell, what girl didn't? But he was wild, and I was naive." She shrugged. "You live, you learn.. and you move on I suppose." Back then, the fact that she couldn't capture Gabriel's heart hurt.. deeply. Nut she didn't have no hard feelings, and she wasn't infatuated with him like she was when she was younger. "So I guess you and Gabe know each other pretty well being in the same gang. Were you guys ever close?"

Laz: "Gabe was a wild one...No we were never really close. He had his boy and Mikko and I...had a partner that was always stoned. But now that I'm living at Lexi's place with him, we have gotten to hang out a bit more. When he's home that is." He turned into the city and headed for the hospital. "Now Gabe has a son and a baby on the way. The boy needs to start thinking about settling down and stop running wild at al hours of the night. "

Aeris: Aeris gave Laz a look of confusion. "So he already has a kid? He must have known Seren before the accident, then." She said, assuming that Seren was the son's mother. The fact that he was even getting married surprised her, but then again it has been years. But how much of the change was due to time, or was it all his lack of memory, lack of self?

Laz: "No he was with a girl before. That woman walked out on him and left him with their son. His brother up and abandoned him, then Mikko, his sister, tried to kill him. The guy's been through a lot. Honestly, I think it would be best if he never got his memory back." Laz drove around the back streets to get to the hospital faster, and it wasn't too long till they were pulling up in front of the place. Laz parked and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He jotted down his phon number and handed it to Aeris. "Call me if you need me to come get you or bring you something or anything, ok."

Aeris: Aeris frowned, hearing everything that had happened to Gabe. Indeed, he had been through a lot, and she agreed with Laz. Hell, if it was her, she would be happy to be rid of those memories. It seemed he had no luck what so ever. "Poor guy. But at least he seems to have a good woman now, and a future." She managed a small smile, and was about to get on the topic of Lexi, but then they pulled in front of the hospital. She took the offered paper and tucked it in her pocket. "Thanks. I'm hoping that I can be with you guys tonight." She told him.. but just in case..she leaned in, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek, feeling butterflies flop wildly in her stomach as her lips connected with his warmth. She immediately blushed, but tried to hide it as she scooted out of the SUV. "Thanks Laz.. for everything. You're a real sweet-heart." And with that, she disappeared inside the building.

Laz: Laz gave Aeris a goofy lopsided smile at the kiss but then quickly got himself together. "No problem." He told her and watched her head inside. Once she was in the building, he pulled out his phone and called Daisy.
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 am

Remey wrote:Belle beamed at the mention of going over to Lexi's house, Remey looked over at his daughter and smiled. "Yes, we'll go over to see aunt Lexi." Belle let out a cheer and started eating as fast as she could so she could get over to Lexi's place soon!

Remey wondered if Lexi knew how much little Belle adored her. He looked back over at Marley. "I have a question for you." He started. "Mum said that there's a very bad hurricane coming. I looked at the weather and yeah, it's not looking good at all, people are already starting to leave the city. It's suppose to hit in the next day or two. So my question is. Would you like to run back down to Louisiana, or wait out the storm in the city. Either way we're going to have to leave the beach. It's just not safe."

Everything seemed fine with the world until Remey mentioned the storm, then ultimately left the choice up to her. Her expression turned to worry.. the thought of losing their home was crushing. They had lost one home before. She was quiet for a moment, her concerned gaze fixated with his. She didn't want to leave the beach, but didn't want her choice to place them all in danger.

"There's too much meanness going on in the city." She quietly commented, not wanting to go back there. So there was only one option, though, she really hated to impose on his parents. But surely they wouldn't mind.

"Louisiana?" She suggested, managing a smile. The storm was scary to her, but she didn't want it to scare little Belle, and may as well make the best of it. Besides, a trip down south would be exciting. "It would be nice to see your parents again." She grinned, taking a sip of her juice. "We should tell the others, in case they don't know. I hope they have someplace to go."
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by Remey on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:41 am

"They could come with us if they have no place to go." Remey said as he finished his meal. Belle just listend to the two silently, not understanding why they had to leave, but was happy that they were going to Louisiana again!

Remey stood up and started to clean the dishes. "Maybe while we're down there, you and Belle can go looking for a new puppy."

Belle smiled brightly at that and looked hopeful at Marley. "Yay!"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Marley finished her breakfast, then helped Remey clean up the kitchen. It was a relief to know that the others would be welcomed to go with them, if they had nowhere to go.. but would they leave the beach? It was something they would have to discuss before the party.

When Remey suggested that they go 'puppy hunting' while in Louisiana, Mar's smile stretched almost as big as Belle's. "Ooooh, that would be great!" She beamed, and ruffled the little girl's hair. She had always wanted a border collie or a golden retriever, but had decided that this would be Belle's choice, as long as Remey approved of the breed.

"What kind of puppy do you want?" She asked the little girl.
    Annabelle
    Original Character

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by Annabelle on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:50 pm

"I want something fluffy!" Belle beamed. And something her size. She ran to her room and came back out with a book of dogs. She sat back at the table and started to go through the book. Finally she stopped at a picture of a west highland terrier.

"I want this puppy!"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Marley watched as Belle dashed from the table, returning moments later with the book containing the picture of the puppy that she wanted. Well, it wasn't the breed that she would have chosen, but any puppy would be good for her!

"Heh... you've put a lot of thought into this, huh?" She smiled, pressing a kiss against the little girl's cheek. "I think that's a good choice! Have you thought of any names?"
    Annabelle
    Original Character

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by Annabelle on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Belle smiled brightly when Marley kissed her cheek. But her look turned very thoughtful when asked about a name for the puppy.

"Ummmm. No." She finally said, but now names is all she would think about. "Have you?" She asked looking up at Marley.

Remey came over and looked at the picture. "That is one fluffy dog. Why don't you name it fluffy?"

Belle looked over at her dad and shook her head. "Cuz mr.fluffy is named fluffy. I can't have two fluffys, silly."

Remey ruffled the girl's hair. "If you say so. You two about ready to go to Lexi's?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Ace wrote:"I don't see why not." Ace reached over for his phone to call Lexi. Now he really hoped that these things were real, or he was about to sound like a crazy person. He pulled into the city just as he was dialing her number.

"Lets find out." He said and put the phone to his ear to wait for her to answer.

Lexi was heavily indulged with preparations when her phone rang. She really didn't pay attention to the number as she picked up, today had been pretty hectic.. probably just someone calling to find out when the party would be starting.

"Hello?" She answered, pulling a cake from the oven.

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:26 pm

"Lexi! Hey it's Ace." He started. He wasn't sure how to ask this question so figured the best way was to just come on out and ask. "You know those turtles that were om TV right? Well. My girl really would like to meet them if that's cool."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Lexi was seriously taken aback by that question. She hesitated, not sure of how to answer... but decided to act oblivious. Who knows.. maybe it would work, but deep down, she had her doubts thanks to that damn news report months ago. "Turtles?" She asked, sounding confused. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 pm