Trying Times

Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Re: Trying Times

Post by Ace on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Ace also returned the wave and nodded his head. "Yeah, maybe she was at the party or something. So Maybe this isn't where they live, then I wonder why we stopped here. It's getting worse outside. Never seen rain rain sideways like this before."

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Shredder made his round in the tower, making sure that the windows were boarded up and everyone was prepared for the storm. Once he was done with that he headed to Karai's room to check in on her. He knew that she must be hating being stuck in bed, but it was for her own well being.

"How are you feeling, Karai?" He asked as he approched her bed.
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Oroku Saki wrote:Shredder made his round in the tower, making sure that the windows were boarded up and everyone was prepared for the storm. Once he was done with that he headed to Karai's room to check in on her. He knew that she must be hating being stuck in bed, but it was for her own well being.

"How are you feeling, Karai?" He asked as he approched her bed.

"Like I've been shot," Groans as she tries to sit up in bed as she watches him enter,"How long do I have to stay like this?" Looks up at him as she tries to remain comfortable.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male

Post by Oroku Saki on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Shredder pulled a chair to him and sat down next to her bed. "You have to stay in bed until you are healed. I know how much you must be hating this, but enjoy being pampered." He said trying to make light of the situation.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Leo: Leo leaned forward in his seat to look out Don's window. "Hey April. thanks for taking Ela in. " He then opened his door and hopped out to let Ela out of the van.

Elakiya: *Gets out of the van and follows them fast to stay out of the rain, smile shyly at April,* Hello...

April: Well the girl didn't look like a mermaid. April smiled at her. "Hello. I'm April. It's nice to meet you. The house is a bit of a mess, but I have a room cleaned up for you."

Elakiya: *Bites her lip nervously as she enters,* It's okay. Thanks again for allowing me to stay, my name is Elakiya.

Leo: Leo watched them go into the house then hopped back in the van. "I think it's time to go home now."

Michelangelo: Mike honestly hadn't thought about how deeply his teasing might be affecting Leo. Obviously he didn't realize how complicated the situation would be with Ally. But he had caught that stern look from Lexi, along with her quiet scolding. Then Fraya. Gah, it seemed that he was in the doghouse! But soon they were at April's, and while he couldn't hop out like he sooo wanted to, He smiled out the window at her before she slipped back into the house.

April: April led Ela inside the house and started to show her around. "This is the kitchen, and over here is the livingroom. The bathroom is down this hall and next to it is the room you'll be staying in." April opened the bedroom door and gestured for her to go take a look around.

Raphael: Raph was very happy when the van came to a stop inside the garage. "Yeah, and Donnie, here, nearly killed us all." He grunted, shifting in his seat. His had mood lightened up at the compliment from Lexi, though. He gave the baby a small nuzzle then smiled at Lexi. "Can't do any of this without you, babe."

Ace: When Ace seen Leo get back in the van he turned the car back on and started to back out of the garage to let the van out. "Maybe now we're going to head to their home. I have to admit I'm excited about seeing where they live.

Elakiya: Looks inside the bathroom and around the apartment,"Your place is very nice. Bigger than my ship."

April: April chuckled lightly and brushed the hair from her face. "Your ship, of course. You drink coffee?" April asked and headed back to the kitchen. "Or tea?"

Ally: Ally smiled at that. She was glad that Ace was actually excited. Maybe he would soften up where the turtles were concerned. "Heh, yeah.. me too. Feels like I'm going to Disney World, or something. But, anyone can go to Disney.. this is even more special."

Elakiya: "Never had tea. I just tried my first cup of coffee in town a while ago. It was good. I liked it." Smiles, "Sure I'll have some tea. I need to try new things."

Ace: "Yeah I guess it is. Leo must really trust us to have invited us. I guess that makes us special." Ace grinned at Ally. "You know, spilling the beans on where the turtles live could make us a lot of money."

April: "Tea it is." April started set up the tea kettle and placed it on the stove. "It'll be ready soon. In the mean time, tell me a little about yourself."

Lexi: Lexi was glad that they would now be destined for the lair. She was feeling really cramped in the van, and honestly, the heavy rain was starting to scare her. Even if it meant braving the sewers once again, at least they would be someplace safe. "Well, you'll never have to worry about doing it without me." She winked. "I'm already attached to the little guy."

Elakiya: "Alright," Sits down in her living room area, "I'm one of the few that were picked to venture out into outer space to find a better place to live since our planet is dying. Our resources are down, and food is becoming harder to find. I can't go back home until I find fresh water, or water that is better than what we already have." explains a little.

Ally: Indeed, the fact that Leo trusted them did make her feel special. On top of the world, actually. But her grin quickly faltered, hearing his comment about 'spilling the beans' on their location. She gave him a questioning look. "You.. wouldn't do that, would you?" The thought had honestly never crossed her mind. Sure, money was good, but she really cared about Leo, and his family. "If the wrong people got wind of their location, it would be the end of them."

April: "So you came here to find fresh clean water? This isn't probably the best place to find that." April told her with a frown. "The water here isn't that great."

Ace: "It's crossed my mind." Ace admitted. He looked over at Ally and sighed. "No I guess I wouldn't actually tell on them. As tempting as it is."

Elakiya: *Nods,*Yah... *Sighs,* Been hearing that a lot.

April: "Maybe if you went further north you might find some fresh water." April said thoughtfully. "Or in another country. I know there is beautiful bodies of water elsewhere." She grabbed a magazine and flipped through it's pages stopping on a picture of a beautiful lake. "Like this place."

Ally: Ally was taken aback by his confession. Now, she wasn't so sure it was a good idea to follow the turtles, and she was regretting that she had taken Leo up on his offer. "Maybe we shouldn't go, then." She frowned. "If it's going to tempt you. Their friendship... -their lives- are worth more than money to me."

Elakiya: *Looks down at the picture she is showing her,* That looks pretty. After the storm I shall try look there.

Ace: Ace sighed deeply. " I wont say anything, promise. It was just a thought is all."

April: "That's proabaly a good idea." April heard the kettle and picked it up from the stove. She poured it into a cup with a tea bag and handed it to Ela. "So what kind of things do your people do for fun?"

Elakiya: We do a lot of water sports above and below the water, *Smiles at her.*

Ally: Ally was still worried, but Ace promised her. She could trust his promise, right? She sighed deeply and leaned back in her seat, now staring out her window. "Just remember.. you promised me."

Ace: Ace leaned over and kissed her cheek. "I promise." He sat back up and looked at the van. "Wonder what's taking them so long..."

Ally: Ally managed a small grin at his kiss. It helped convince her that he would keep his word. "Im not sure. Maybe they'll be heading to their place soon..."

Donatello: Donatello gave April a sheepish grin then turned to Raph. "I'm doing my best, Raph. Do YOU want to drive?!" he challenged, testily. Of course he knew Raph had his hands full as it was, but really that was uncalled for. He waved goodbye to April and Ela then started up the van again. He was NOT looking forward to the drive home at all. He started backing out, bracing for the storm outside.

Ace: And soon they were off again. Ace backed up enough to let the van out then followed it down the road. The streets were already starting to flood. "I hope where ever we leave the car that it's alright."

Raphael: Raphael chose to ignore Don's snippiness and just paid attention to Lexi and the baby in his arms. "Did I tell ya how much I love ya?"

Donatello: The drive home was just as unpleasant and downright scary as the drive to April's. Only by now, it was hard to avoid the large puddles that were forming over the roads. Don had to cut down on his speed even more so when those puddles came up on them, he still had full control of the van. He was once again gripping the steering wheel as if his life depended on it -- which of course was that and then some.

Lexi: Those words never got old to Lexi. They always brought a smile to her face. She wrapped her arms around one of his, hugging it as she rested her chin against his shoulder. "Mmhmm. Last night." She winked. "Or, you showed me, more like it." She reminded him, flashing a devious grin.

Raph couldn't help but chuckle and returned her devious grin with one of his own. "How could I forget? And we got a baby outta it, too." He knew that their special time would have to be mostly shared with the little guy in his arms, but he would make sure every moment alone with Lexi counted as well. He would be sure to be the best dad -- maybe even best husband -- he possibly could be. Though it might be a real challenge at times due to Raph's ill-tempered nature and lack of patience.

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:38 pm

"I enjoy eater sports myself." April commented as she poured herself a cup of coffee. "I hope that your people aren't planing on taking over earth. I rather like earth, as crappy as it can be sometimes."
    Fraya
    Original Character

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm

"I never got an answer about the seahorses." Fraya pouted. She looked up at Mike and kissed his cheek. "How you holding up, babe?"
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:43 pm

It was slow going but Serenity and gang finally made it to the city. She drove the empty streets to the hotel and then drove in the parking garage. She headed up the top floor, the rest of the gang following close behind.

Once at the top level of the parking garage, Serenity parked the car. "We're finally here. Now to get out of this rain."

Laz and Remey parked on side of her and climbed out their cars to gather their bags.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 am

Leo was happy that the conversation about him and Ally had dropped. He really didn't feel like talking about it anymore. Hearing Fraya he shook his head. "I'm sure they don't keep seahorses as pets." Tho how would he know. Hell on Ela's planet they may have seahorses that they rode like real horses. He thought about that for a bit, a smile tugging at his mouth. That would be nice, he thought. Freeing even.

His thoughts were intrupted by the crash of thunder that sounded too close for comfort. He looked out the window and couldn't see the road ahead of them. Thankfully there was no one else on the road. He hoped that Ace and Ally were doing alright.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 am

Mikko scooped Travis up in her arms. "I think we better head out while we can." She told the group. "It's starting to sound bad out there." She turned to Daisy. "You need help packing?"
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Indeed, they would need to be leaving soon. Daisy would have taken Mikko up on her offer to help pack, but her friend had her arms full with Travis. "Nah, I can get it!" She then looked over at Kendall. "I'll pack your stuff, too. Just get Zoe ready." With that, she disappeared into the bedroom, and began throwing stuff into her suitcase.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758

Post by Lexi on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Raph wrote:Raph couldn't help but chuckle and returned her devious grin with one of his own. "How could I forget? And we got a baby outta it, too." He knew that their special time would have to be mostly shared with the little guy in his arms, but he would make sure every moment alone with Lexi counted as well. He would be sure to be the best dad -- maybe even best husband -- he possibly could be. Though it might be a real challenge at times due to Raph's ill-tempered nature and lack of patience.

Lexi couldn't help laughing at Raph's comment. "Heh, yeah, we did. And we did it without me getting unsightly stretch marks, becoming fat, and carrying him around for 9 months." She joked. May as well make light of the situation, because the reality that she could never get pregnant was often depressing.

"We need more nights like last night." She commented, flashing him a suggestive wink. Unfortunately their intimate moments were few and far between. And now they had a baby to care for, so alone time would be even more scarce.. but she was determined to make it happen.

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 am

Mikko sat back down in Ryan's lap and leaned against him. "Yer going to be ok to drive in this weather right?" She asked.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:30 am

Leo tried to tune out Lexi and Raph. He rolled his eyes and slouched down in his seat, arms folded across his chest. "Hopfully we get home soon. Weather is getting worse, streets are starting to flood." He said stating the obvious.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female
    Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2010-07-16

Post by Angel Alvarez on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 am

Angel was curled up on Casey's couch, blanket over her head. She hated storms and this one was the worse! She wanted them to go to April's place, but she also didn't want to leave the safety of the couch. Another loud clap of thunder and Angel pulled the covers over her more, hiding her face.

"CASEY!"
    Warwick
    Lurker

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2011-12-22

Post by Warwick on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 am

Warwick was one of the few fools that were out in the weather. He walked close to the buildings, drenched from the falling rain. No one was out, not even cops. The perfect time to commit a crime.

He stopped next to a building and peered in the window. Liking what he saw, he grabbed the brick that was hidden in his jacket and tossed it through the large window shattering the glass. His crime started a chain reaction. Another store was hit, then another. And there was no one around to stop it.
    Hun
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Male
    Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2009-08-23

Post by Hun on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:55 am

Hun was unware and wouldn't care anyway, that some of his men left to brace the storm and rob stores. He was tucked away in his office coming up with a plan of attack on the foot. It was storming and he planed on using that to his advantage. He hoped that Shredder wouldn't see an attack coming while the weather was hell.

He wanted to get the foot away from the tower. He thought about burning it down, but with all this rain that wouldn't work. So his next plan was to gas the tower. He ordered a truck pumped full of the gas, and as soon as he gathered his men he they would drive it to the tower and pump the gas in there.

His guess was that Shredder boarded everything up, hopefully that was true.
    Tabitha
    Friend

Number of posts : 99
    Registration date : 2011-11-11

Post by Tabitha on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:59 am

Tabitha was on her way to a nice warm hotel room. She didn't know where Ally and Ace were going, but he told her that they would be safe and that's all that mattered.

She parked in the hotels parking garage, and grabbed her bags. She then dragged them to the lobby and checked in. She couldn't get the room she wanted, the suite.it had already been rented out, but that's what she got for waiting so long to call the place.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am

Splinter was busy warming himself with the heater. He ignored the conversations going on in the van. He would be happy when they finally got back home, back to the warmth of his favorite chair, in front of his TV with his shows. He was also sure that he had a small piece of cake in the fridge that he was eager to get to.
    Karai
    Canon

Female

Post by Karai on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Oroku Saki wrote:Shredder pulled a chair to him and sat down next to her bed. "You have to stay in bed until you are healed. I know how much you must be hating this, but enjoy being pampered." He said trying to make light of the situation.

Frowns not really enjoying the fact that she'll be held up in bed when she could be out finding the turtles and or giving Hun payback, "Hun will pay...," Growls a little as she nods to her father, "I will try and enjoy myself." Assures him.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male

Post by Oroku Saki on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:17 pm

"Yes. We will make sure that Hun pays dearly. But you don't stress over that." Shredder pushed the chair back and stood up. "I'll send Jin in to take care of anything you need. I have to get back and make sure that everyone is prepared for this storm."

Shredder patted the top of Karai's head and walked out of the room.

A few moments later Jin walked in and bowed to Karai. "Would Lady Karai like anything?"
    Elakiya
    Family

Female
    Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2012-01-06

Post by Elakiya on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm

April O'Neil wrote:"I enjoy eater sports myself." April commented as she poured herself a cup of coffee. "I hope that your people aren't planing on taking over earth. I rather like earth, as crappy as it can be sometimes."

"No we are not interested in taking over the Earth at all." Leans on her chin with her hand, propping her elbow up onto the table for support, "Our population is very small now than it was many years ago."
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

"Well that's good. I would hate for you to try and take over the world. So you don't look very mermaidy, what with the legs and all. You must be loving this weather."
    Karai
    Canon

Female

Post by Karai on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Oroku Saki wrote:"Yes. We will make sure that Hun pays dearly. But you don't stress over that." Shredder pushed the chair back and stood up. "I'll send Jin in to take care of anything you need. I have to get back and make sure that everyone is prepared for this storm."

Shredder patted the top of Karai's head and walked out of the room.

A few moments later Jin walked in and bowed to Karai. "Would Lady Karai like anything?"

"Yes father, thank you;" Watches him leave the room as Jin comes in, "Some tea would be nice."

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male

Post by Oroku Saki on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Jin gave another bow and quickly left to fetch tea. He didn't take long and was soon back with a cup. He handed it to Karai and stood by her bedside. "Is there anything else I can get for you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:11 pm