Trying Times

Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Re: Trying Times

Post by Agent Bishop on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Bishop led them through the halls and up two floors before stopping at a room. He unlocked the door and led them all inside. "This is Baxter Stockman.: He said, quickly introducing the man that was not reading some charts.

Baxter looked up at everyone and gave them a silent nod. He looked everyone over and reconized Lexi from the news. "I know you." He finally said. "You were that poor girl that took a beating. Very sorry, hope that you are doing well now." Not that he really cared, but figured he would be nice...for now.

Bishop finally led them to the glass cage that held the small child. He opened the door of the cage and started to unhook the baby from the montors.

"This is number 4867." He told the group as he pulled the baby carelessly out of the cage. "You'll find that he's very quiet. Had his vocal cords cut and burned. I couldn't have him in here crying all the time. So, at least you don't have to hear him screaming in the middle of the night."

He held the child up to for Lexi to take. "I figured you would want it, it was made from the samples I took from your turtle after all."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:33 pm

With every step, Lexi's heart beat a little faster, her feet became heavier. And maybe it was just her imagination, but it seemed like the deeper into the building they traveled, the colder it became. And finally, it seemed that they had reached their destination. She waited impatiently as Bishop unlocked the door, and led them all inside. She was too lost in thought to fully acknowledge Stockman's comment, but did manage a polite nod. But the whole time her gaze was fixated on that dreadful glass cage.

She watched as Bishop approached what looked to be an incubator from hell, and carelessly pulled out the infant, showing no regard to how fragile babies were. It infuriated her, but right now her biggest concern was to get the baby into her arms, where no-one could ever hurt it again. She cradled it in her arms, trying to soothe his mute cries. She was too taken aback by his appearance to acknowledge what Bishop had said about why he couldn't make a sound. The infant's skin was pale, almost a lime color, bordering on a pale yellow. His irises were almost pitch black, with little flakes of purple. She was by no means a scientist, but had covered genetics in her medical classes back when she was trying to get through school to become a pediatrician. It seemed to be signs of the hypomelanistic gene.. but Raph wasn't a visible carrier. But, it was a recessive gene, and was probably brought out by the mutation.

Before she could voice her assumptions, the baby let out another mute cry, causing confusion. Then, his words finally registered. She glared daggers at him as she grabbed a nearby blanket to wrap him up. "You did what?! You cut out his vocal cords?!" It was probably a damn good thing that her hands were occupied, otherwise she would have slapped him!

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:15 pm

"Yes." Bishop answered. "It was necessary to do so I assure you."

Laz glared at the man "You're a monster, Bishop. You create life just to torture it? You're a sick man."

Baxter couldn't help but chuckle at Laz's comment. He didn't say anything tho, the last thing anyone needed was a fight to break out in the middle of the lab.

Bishop wasn't fazed but Laz's words. "Not at all. As I said. it was necessary to cut the boy's vocal cords. It helped my female staff see it as nothing more then an expriment, not as a baby. Now if there are no more questions, I'll show you all out."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Lexi had to fight back the tears. It was an unnecessary reminder of how horrible Bishop was. She wanted to get out of here, but there was still questions that needed answers. For now, she had to push her anger aside, there would be time for that later. The one question at the top of her list was answered when Bishop referred to the baby as 'the boy'. Her assumptions were right. It was male.

She had noticed the IVs that the baby had been connected to, and how underweight he was. "What..have you been feeding him?" She asked, already knowing that she didn't want to hear the answer. "And why is he so pale?" Again, she probably already knew the answer, but he was the scientist, she wanted confirmation.

"Why are you just giving him to me?"

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Aeris had been quiet through all of this, feeling her own emotions build as she heard of what the little one had already gone through in his short little life. She agreed wholeheartedly with Laz. The man was a monster. Lexi had the child now, and she was more than ready for the Devil to show them the way out, but it seemed that Lexi had more questions.
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 pm

Honestly Bishop was hoping that there weren't any questions and that they would just leave. He should have known that Lexi would have questions.

"He's fed through an IV. I wasn't about to bottle feed him and I didn't want staff to get attached. He's pale due to the drugs and test and IV I'm sure. Also he was came out naturally pale. I'm giving him to you because the alternitive was to toss him away. You were the obvious choice sense you already take care of the turtles. Or at least one of them. I don't know why you waste your time, but it's your life I suppose."

Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm

And Lexi just couldn't contain herself anymore when he confirmed that the baby had been fed through an IV, and claimed that the paleness was a result of the tests and IV. She slapped him hard across his face, and headed out of the room, trusting that the others were following her. She couldn't stomach Bishop, not even for another second. His cruelty and disregard for life was sickening.

"There's a special place in hell for you."

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Well Bishop didn't see that coming. He rubbed his face as Baxter snickered in the background. He then watched as everyone followed Lexi out of the room. Well At least he didn't have to answer any more questions.

Laz followed Lexi out and walked with her and Aeris out of the building. "Do we need to stop at the store and get baby stuff?" He asked figuring that they would, but they couldn't just bring a baby turtle into a store. "Or do you want me to bring you home and I can run back out and do some shopping."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Lexi couldn't suppress the tears of anger and sorrow. She still couldn't believe that anyone could be so heartless. She still had questions for Bishop, but for now she was too upset. The quicker that she got out of there, the better.

Soon they were outside, and not a moment too soon. She waited for Laz to open the SUV's door for her, then climbed inside. "Yeah, we need baby stuff.." She responded to Laz' question, but knew that she couldn't carry him into a store. She already drew unwanted attention wherever she went. The last thing she needed was to be on the magazine covers for a whole different reason. At his suggestion of him taking her home, then coming back to shop, she looked over at him, freeing one hand to wipe at her tears.

"You.. wouldn't mind?"

Aeris climbed into the back seat, then stuck her head in between the two front seats to get a better look at the baby. He seemed content now, the mute sobs had stopped, his big black eyes peering out from the warmth of the blankets. His eyes were scanning over all the new faces, as if he was taking them all in. Aeris found herself grinning. "He's so adorable." She commented, but the smile faltered realizing how upset Lexi was, and understanding why she couldn't go into the stores to get the essentials.

"Heh..I'll go with him." She grinned. "You know, to give him a woman's opinion on what a baby needs." She teased, hoping it would lighten the mood.

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Laz helped Lexi into the van and opened the door for Aeris before hopping in himself. He reached over and gave Lexi's shoulder a squeeze. "Don't think about what has happen to him, babe. Think about the great future that you're gonna give him and how happy and safe he will be now."

He started the van up and grinned at the two girls. "Of course I don't mind, and Aeris will be with me to make sure I don't get the wrong stuff. Don't worry, we'll take care of everything. You just worry about getting the little guy settled in."

He pulled away from the lab and headed back to the beach house.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 am

"Trator!" Shredder hissed and tightened his grinp on the woman's neck.

"I swear...I...I didn't...Know." The woman was one of Shredder's personal guards. She was discovered dating one of the dragons. Of course the woman didn't know that her boyfriend was a dragon at the time. It didn't seem to matter to Shredder if she knew or not.

"No excuses!" He yelled and continued to tighten his grip around the woman's throat. squeezing untill she couldn't breath. She tried to gasp for more air, but was getting nothing. Others gathered around to see what was going on. They watched as the live slipped out of the once proud guard, and fall limp on the floor.

"Someone despose of her." He ordered and walked out of the common area and into a bigger room filled with loyal ninja. He walked in front of all the men and woman, raising his hands to gather their attention.

"Soon we will take what is rightfully ours! We will tare down the gangs, we will show them true fear! Once this storm hits, the city will be ours for the taking! Falure is NOT and option! I want you all to go out there and destroy everything, everyone who refuses to bow down to the foot. Those who are against us do not deserve to live! I trust you will all make me, make the name of the Foot clan proud."

His speech continued on for some time, talking about the gangs and where they were(to his knowladge) located. Some of the ninja were givin specific orders and the others were told to simply kill anything and anyone that would refuse to bow to the foot.

Soon they were dismiss and Shredder returned to the sick room to check on Karai.
    Hun
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Male
    Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2009-08-23

Post by Hun on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:45 am

Hun had also gathered his men, and had ordered the leaders of the other Dragon branches to do the same. To give the men and woman a sort of pep talk. He stood in front of his loyal men and woman, his arms folded over his chest as he waited for the room to quite down.

"We WILL take back our city!" He finally said once everyone was silent. "As some of you already know, we have joined together with the Turks to defeat this common enemy. We will work together, but do not let your guard down with them. With their help, we will defeat the foot and take back what is ours! We will not stand by while Shredder picks us off one by one. WE will not stand by while he tries to take our city! The storm is coming soon, and with it our chance to strike. We kill them all! We kill anyone who is not with us. Anyone who would try and see us fall! Falure is not an option!"

He banged his fist on the stand next to him as he spoke. The gang members cheered and whispered among each other. They were excited and worried at the same time. They were not up against just another gang, these were trained killers that they would be fighting. Thier only comfort was knowing it was hard to our run, or dodge a bullet. And Hun ad many guns and bullets to give out.

Usally he was selling weapons and ammo. Not now. All his shopments went to his own men to help aid them in their fight.

"Go out there! And kill everyone of thoes ficking bitches!"
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male

Post by Agent Bishop on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 am

"Your girlfriend isn't very nice, Bishop. You think she would be thanking you." Stockman was just eating this up. He put his papers down and walked over to some vials that were laid out on a desk.

"um. She's just unappreciative. I give her a child that wont make a sound and not even so much of a thanks. Prehaps she's not the woman I thought she was." In honesty Lexi did exactly what he thought she would.

He also walked over to the vilals and picked one up. It was a deep red color and thick, small bubbles formed around the base of the vial. "Do be careful with these, I don't feel like dying in my own lab today.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz helped Lexi into the van and opened the door for Aeris before hopping in himself. He reached over and gave Lexi's shoulder a squeeze. "Don't think about what has happen to him, babe. Think about the great future that you're gonna give him and how happy and safe he will be now."

He started the van up and grinned at the two girls. "Of course I don't mind, and Aeris will be with me to make sure I don't get the wrong stuff. Don't worry, we'll take care of everything. You just worry about getting the little guy settled in."

He pulled away from the lab and headed back to the beach house.

Laz was right. It wasn't doing anyone any good to think about what the little one had been put through. She just needed to focus on the here and now, and plan for the future. But it was hard, looking down at such an innocent life, and seeing the obvious scars of torment. She wiped at her tears, and nodded at Laz' comment. The baby's eyes were fixated on her, almost as if he was focused. It seemed odd, since a human infant of his size was incapable of focusing on anything for any length of time. She reached over and turned the heater up a few notches, trying her best to keep him warm.

"Thank you guys." She finally said after gathering some of her composure. "I appreciate it. I'm just hoping that he will take formula, since he's not used to actually 'eating'." It tore her up inside having to acknowledge this again, but it was something that she feared would be an issue. But she was quick to change the subject. "Maybe you can pick up a few things for Ivy, too."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 pm

"I'm sure the little guy will be happy to have some real food in his tummy. And yah I should pick up some things for Ivy as well."

He turned down the street that would lead them back to the beach. He then glanced over at the little turtle. "It looks like he already knows who his momma is."
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Mikko wrote:"He does look like Gabe doesn't he." She returned the hug then ruffled Daisy's hair. "You'll be happy to know, that tomorrow I go back to the asylum to fix my head."

Travis had woken up by the hug and was looking around with his big blue eyes. Mikko smiled down at him then looked back up at Daisy. I think it's time that the kids met each other.

Daisy smiled at the little boy, and gently ruffled his hair. "Heh.. yeah, I think it is, too! They're gonna love each other!" She beamed happily. "And, I think it's good that you're gonna try to get better, Mikko. Maybe then you and Lexi can get along.. because it's kind of hard having two sisters that hate each other, you know?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:07 pm

"You know, that little turtle is going to have it better than most people." Aeris commented, adding to what Laz had said, trying to make Lexi feel better. Indeed, the fact that the baby had never had any food in his stomach was a cause for concern, but she didn't voice that. Hopefully everything would be fine, and he would make the transition without any complications.

She also felt it would be nice to get a few things for little Ivy. Laz was so sweet with her, and she really hoped that he could adopt her. She was honestly looking forward to this shopping trip. It was something that she never thought she would be able to do. Go shopping for baby stuff. And with Laz. It should definitely be interesting.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Lazarus wrote:"I'm sure the little guy will be happy to have some real food in his tummy. And yah I should pick up some things for Ivy as well."

He turned down the street that would lead them back to the beach. He then glanced over at the little turtle. "It looks like he already knows who his momma is."

Lexi knew that both Laz and Aeris were trying to make her feel better, and she was grateful of that. They certainly did help, and now she was extremely grateful that they had came along with her. She couldn't imagine making this trip home by herself. Her emotions and thoughts would have kept her in tears.

At Laz' last comment, she couldn't help but smile. She gently caressed the baby's face, his skin so soft and smooth, pleasant beneath her fingertips. His eyes were still watching her, taking it all in. It was the fist human touch that he had ever experienced that hadn't hurt. His tiny three-fingered hand reached from beneath the blanket, and gently gripped her finger, holding onto it. His gaze still fixated with hers. The action caused Lexi to tear up, but for once, not tears of sorrow. Tears of joy. It seemed that he knew that she was going to take care of him... going to protect him from harm. He already had her wrapped around his little finger.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:19 am

Laz turned on the CD with the kids songs for the little one, not that he knew what a song was, but it was something that wouldn't be hell on the poor boy's ears.

"Ok, so we need, bottles and formula and dippers. A little hat to keep his head warm and maybe some little socks. toys, got to get toys. What else?"

( Continued in Life's a Beach Pt. 2. )
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:21 am

Daisy wrote:
    Daisy smiled at the little boy, and gently ruffled his hair. "Heh.. yeah, I think it is, too! They're gonna love each other!" She beamed happily. "And, I think it's good that you're gonna try to get better, Mikko. Maybe then you and Lexi can get along.. because it's kind of hard having two sisters that hate each other, you know?"

Mikko laid Travis down in the playpen, along with his blanket. "I woulsn't get your hopes up about me and Lexi getting along." She told Daisy. "We just don't like each other. Nothing we can do about that."
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Mikko's reply caused Daisy to frown. She didn't like that answer. Of course there was something they could do about that. They could at least 'try'. But, thinking about it, she wasn't so sure if Lexi could forgive her for what she had done...but maybe with Mikko getting help, it would change things between them.

"There's always hope. Maybe you should apologize." She shrugged, but would leave it at that. As much as she wanted for Mikko and Lexi to get along and like each other, she knew it was out of her hands. She watched as Mikko placed little Travis into the play pen, and waited for Kendall to do the same, anxiously awaiting to see how they would react to one another.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Ally had really enjoyed herself last night. The party had been a much needed distraction from all the heartache that she had been forced to endure with the loss of their sweet little Riley, and everyone she had lost before that. Leo had been a much needed breath of fresh air, and she had enjoyed every second of their time together. He was so polite and reserved. She really had a lot of respect for him. Unfortunately the night had ended too quickly, in her opinion, and she was thrust back into the real world.

She wasn't sure what Ace was feeling, but still suspected that he was jealous, even though he hadn't said a whole lot. It made her feel like he still didn't trust her, which really hurt. But she tried to remind herself, even though she was trying hard, she was still damaged. She had let Ace down, and she felt that it would only be a matter of time before he pushed her out of his life. She was bracing herself for rejection, because that's all she had ever known, and it seriously broke her heart because she loved him dearly. But.. it was her fault. If he did kick her out, then, she only had herself to blame.

It was early morning, and Ally was awoken by the sounds of rain hitting the rooftop. Part of her didn't want to face the day, but she needed to get up. Just laying around would give her time to think, and that's something she didn't need. She snuggled a little closer to Ace for a few moments, then pressed a kiss against his cheek before pushing herself up, but made no effort to get dressed. She was perfectly content with the oversized t-shirt and panties she had slept in.

Yawning tiredly, she headed into the kitchen to put on some coffee, contemplating making breakfast. Since Riley's death, her appetite had been close to nonexistent, but she figured Ace would be hungry. She decided to make some pancakes, sausage and eggs, hoping that a good breakfast would put her back in his good graces. It really hurt, realizing that no matter how much she did, she couldn't erase the past, and what she had done. She fought back the tears as she prepared breakfast, everything overwhelming her again. She could almost hear Riley skipping into the kitchen, could almost hear her laughter, so distant, but so close.. echoing in her heart. She wiped at her tears as she flipped the pancake in the skillet, trying hard to remind herself that she had to let go. Reliving happier times in her mind was only tormenting herself. Riley was never coming back, and Ace would never fully trust her again. It felt as if her life was spiraling out of control.
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 am

Ace woke up and stretched out on the bed then sat up. Seeing that Ally wasn't in the bed he slipped out the bed and shuffled to the kitchen. "Moring, babe. You sleep well?"
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Ally was so lost in thought that she hadn't heard Ace slip into the kitchen, until he spoke. She jumped,but luckily managed to keep from spilling the eggs that she had been working on. She quickly wiped at her tears before turning and greeting him with a grin. "You scared me." She breathed, wrapping her arms around him and pressing a kiss against his cheek. "Not really. Did you?"
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:09 pm

Ace wrapped his arms arund her and pulled her close. "I slept ok." He seid and pressed a kiss against her lips. "what you cooking?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:46 am