Trying Times

Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Re: Trying Times

Post by Aeris on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz held on to her hand as they walked into the building. He went up to the front desk. "Hi I'm here to sign some papers for little Ivy." He explained. Hopefully this wouldn't take to long, little baby turtle needed food.

Aeris was still looking the place over once they headed inside, but she remained faithfully close to Laz' side, wanting to offer him as much support as she could. She was really hoping that things would go smoothly, and that he would soon be the legal guardian of the little girl.

The lady that sat behind the desk eyed the couple over the rim of her glasses, sliding them back up her chubby nose as she reached for the file that had the girl's paperwork. Inside were the papers that any potential needed to sign, along with records and birth certificate. It would reveal the shocking truth about who the girl's biological dad was, who the agency believed to be dead.

"Just sign those. We will need to conduct a home check before processing your adoption, but, I'm sure you will be the guardian in no time." She told him. "We're overcrowded, and need to place some of these kids as soon as possible."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Laz signed all the paper work before taking a look at the birth certificate. He was shocked to find who was put down at the father, and remained speachless for a few seconds. "Yeah, um. when will that home check be?" He finally asked.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 pm

The lady didn't seem to notice Laz' temporary speechlessness, but Aeris on the other hand, had. She hadn't seen the paperwork to know what the problem was, but would ask him once everything was taken care of.

"We would try for tomorrow, but with this storm coming, it may be delayed for a few days. But, I trust that Ivy will be safe with you until then?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Laz gave the signed papers back to the lady and gave a nod. "Yes she will be well taken care of. Is that all you needed?"
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Leonardo wrote:"He was an expriment that Lexi saved. Yeah he is pretty cute and of course you'll meet him tonight. Actually, would you want to come here and leave with us, or should I come and pick you up once we're in the city?"

Ally was excited about getting to meet the baby. "We can just come now, if that would be easier?" Because she didn't want to put Leo out of the way, and besides, she was anxious to meet the newest addition to their clan. "Um.. would it be okay for us to bring our dogs?"
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Leonardo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Leo wasn't sure about the dogs. But, Ally and Ace were friends and the dogs were a part of that package. If anyone had an issue then they could go to him about it.

"Sure you can bring the dogs. I'm not sure when we're leaving for the city yet. Um...You should know that, where we live isn't very nice, but it is safe."
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Leonardo wrote:Leo wasn't sure about the dogs. But, Ally and Ace were friends and the dogs were a part of that package. If anyone had an issue then they could go to him about it.

"Sure you can bring the dogs. I'm not sure when we're leaving for the city yet. Um...You should know that, where we live isn't very nice, but it is safe."

Ally was relieved when he said that it would be okay to bring the dogs. She knew that Ace wouldn't leave them, nor would she. But, she would be more willing to board them somewhere than he would. But it seemed that they wouldn't have to do that.

"It's fine, Leo." She tried to reassure him, taking it that he was a little embarrassed about where he lived. It couldn't be that bad, right? But of course, she had no idea that they resided in the sewers. "Heh, you should have seen some of the places that I've lived.. roach infested apartments, places that should have been condemned. All that matters is it's safe."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz gave the signed papers back to the lady and gave a nod. "Yes she will be well taken care of. Is that all you needed?"

"That's it." The lady smiled, taking the papers and placing it on her desk. It would be at the top of her pile come tomorrow, because she really liked Laz, and wanted him to have Ivy. The little girl wasn't doing too well in the orphanage. She was afraid that something would happen to her if she stayed here. "Be expecting a call soon." She told him.

Once they were heading back outside, Aeris once again took Laz' hand, giving it a squeeze. "Everything okay?" She asked, referring to his silence and that look on his face when he was going through the files.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 am

Ally wrote:Ally was relieved when he said that it would be okay to bring the dogs. She knew that Ace wouldn't leave them, nor would she. But, she would be more willing to board them somewhere than he would. But it seemed that they wouldn't have to do that.

"It's fine, Leo." She tried to reassure him, taking it that he was a little embarrassed about where he lived. It couldn't be that bad, right? But of course, she had no idea that they resided in the sewers. "Heh, you should have seen some of the places that I've lived.. roach infested apartments, places that should have been condemned. All that matters is it's safe."

Leo flashed an unseen grin at that. "Yes it is safe. So I'll see you soon then?" He couldnt wait to see Ally again, and the thought of her spendng a few days with them brought a smile to his face.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 am

Aeris wrote:"That's it." The lady smiled, taking the papers and placing it on her desk. It would be at the top of her pile come tomorrow, because she really liked Laz, and wanted him to have Ivy. The little girl wasn't doing too well in the orphanage. She was afraid that something would happen to her if she stayed here. "Be expecting a call soon." She told him.

Once they were heading back outside, Aeris once again took Laz' hand, giving it a squeeze. "Everything okay?" She asked, referring to his silence and that look on his face when he was going through the files.

It wasn't untill they got back in the van and was headed to the store that he fnally spoke. "Gabe is Ivy's father. He was on her birth ciertificate. Not sure if I should tell him or not."
    Ally
    Original Character

Female

Post by Ally on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Leonardo wrote:
    Leo flashed an unseen grin at that. "Yes it is safe. So I'll see you soon then?" He couldnt wait to see Ally again, and the thought of her spendng a few days with them brought a smile to his face.

"Heh, yep... we will be heading that way once we have everything packed up." She told him, also anxious to see him again. If they ended up staying a few days, well, that was fine with her! "I'll see you soon, Leo."
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

"See you soon." With that he hung up and headed back in the living room with the others. "Ally and Ace are coming over. They um...They're going to stay with us through the storm. I hope that's ok with everyone."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Lazarus wrote:

It wasn't until they got back in the van and was headed to the store that he fnally spoke. "Gabe is Ivy's father. He was on her birth ciertificate. Not sure if I should tell him or not."

Aeris was completely taken aback by that. She was quiet for a moment, shocked beyond words. But now that she knew, she could definitely see it. "Wow. I wonder if he knew about her before the accident?" Then hearing his last comment, she wasn't sure what to suggest. She knew what she would do. She would tell him. But, maybe it was best if he got some input from someone closer to Gabe.

"Are you going to talk to Lexi?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm

"Yeah, I'm going to tell Lexi and see what she thinks I should do. I mean. He has a right to know, but...I don't want to have to give her up."

Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Aeris also felt that he had a right to know, but she understood Laz' concerns. Though, she honestly didn't think he had anything to worry about. She reached over and gave his knee a reassuring squeeze. "I don't think you have to worry, Laz. I mean, poor Gabe is still trying to get his life back together."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Laz flashed her a smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure you're right." He pulled into the parking lot to the store and parked the van. He got out and again, opened the door for Aeris. "You remember what we need?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Aeris was hoping that she had put Laz' mind at ease. Finally, they were at the store and when he opened the door for her, she slid out of the SUV and took his hand.

"Hmm..diapers, baby beanies, pacifiers, bottles, formula...booties, and anything else that catches our eyes that the little one needs." She smiled. "And, things for Ivy." She winked. "Because she will be yours in no time."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:46 am

Laz walked in the store and grabbed a cart. He walked straight to the baby things and started tossing stuff into the cart. "Diapers, bottles, food." He picked up a pacifier that looked like lips and tossed them in as well. "Maybe you can pick out some cute booties and little hats?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

And Aeris was all too eager to help out. She picked out several pairs of booties and little hats, and sleepers that she thought would fit the little guy. His shell wasn't as rounded and firm as his adult counterparts, so it shouldn't be a problem. Mostly everything she chose were pastel in color. It just seemed to fit the little guy. But she also kept it fun, choosing a few cartoon themed.

She held up a little pair of bumblebee booties, smiling at Laz. "Pretty freaking cute, huh?" She asked before throwing them into the cart. She eyed a pair of tiny mittens, then looked at Laz thoughtfully. "He has nails, right? Might need some of these to keep him from scratching his face.. babies are bad about that."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:29 am

"Very freaking cute." He agreed. He tossed a few more thing in the cart and looked up again when Aeris asked about his nails. "Ooooh yeah, mittens would be good, and cute." He then glanced over at the book section of the store and looked back at Aeris.

"If he's mute, maybe a signlanguage book would be good, you think?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am

Aeris smiled at just how thoughtful Laz was. It seemed that he was taking everything into consideration concerning the little guy. "I think that would be a good idea." She grinned. Then, she remembered that he only had three fingers. "I'm sure that normal sign language can be customized for him. But then again, I don't think you need five fingers for most of the language."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

Laz led Aeris down the book isle and found a book on beginner signlanguage. He picked it up and flipped through the pages. "Yeah, I'm sure they can figure something out. I hear one of the turtles is super smart so I'm sure he can work something out."

He placed the book in the cart. and grabbed a large stuffed animal off the shelf for Ivy. "I think that's it unless you can think of anything else."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 pm

"Which one of them is super smart?" She asked, curiously. She hadn't officially met any of them, but knew that the 'red' one was Raph, and obviously with Lexi. She checked and double-checked to make sure that they had all of the basics, and once she was certain that nothing had been left out, she smiled up at him. "Nope, I think we have everything."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:39 pm

"Donnie the purple one, he's the smart one. Or so I'm told." He said and headed to check out. He placed everything on the counter and pulled out his wallet to pay.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:16 pm

"You would think Lexi would be with that one, then." Aeris said, following Laz to the check-out. She placed the bags inside of the buggy, and double-checked to make sure that everything was placed inside of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm