Doctor Who?

Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Doctor Who?

Post by Serenity on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Serenity was so bored in the hospital! She wanted to leave, but the doctors wanted her and the baby to stay one more night. Even tho she was totally sure that she was fine and could go home. She couldn't even keep her baby in the room with her! All babies had to be in the nursery. But what if the babies got mixed up and they gave her the wrong one!? That happened all the time right?

Seren was done flipping through the channels on the TV. She hardly got any sleep last night, with all their poking and prodding. Blood test ever two hours! Who does that?

She laid back down and closed her eyes. "I hate this place. I wanna take Raven and go home."
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Re: Doctor Who?

Post by Remey on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Remey made sure that Marley was comfortable in the hospital bed. He would have curled up beside her but the bed was too small. It was morning now and Remey was awake and had breakfast. He walked to the bed and put the food on the little table. "I have breakfast." He announced. "Who's hungry?"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:59 am

Last night had been rough. Marley was extremely uncomfortable which made it nearly impossible to sleep. She refused any drugs that the nurses offered her, even if they were deemed safe for the baby. She didn't want to chance it. But finally, she had found sleep, but unfortunately it was short-lived.

The doctor was worried. Mar's contractions had started, but she wasn't making much progress. If nothing progressed by tonight, they were talking about performing a caesarian section. That scared her to no end! She didn't want to be cut open! What if something went wrong? What if she bled to death or they ended up cutting her baby? That sort of stuff happened all the time! She didn't want to leave Remey as a single parent, and the thought of that possibility nearly brought her to tears, but she tried to hide that fear.

Mar was awake when Remey returned with breakfast. She smiled at him as she tried to push herself up enough in the bed, but finally resorted to the little remote that would raise the top part of the mattress into a sitting position.

"Heh.. all five of us!" She answered. "But.. you know what would make breakfast so much better?" She asked, and patted the spot beside her, and slid over as much as she could. "Heh.. don't worry, you can fit!"
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 pm

remey smiled and sat down next to her. He rubbed her stomach then opened up the styrofoam boxs that held the food. He handed her her food and took his own. "How are you feeling today?"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Marley was glad to have him close to her. After Remey's near fatal incidents, Mar had seen her fair share of hospitals.. but she was glad that for once it was her in the hospital bed and not him. While she was having a difficult pregnancy, she had a lot to be thankful for!

"Heh.. I feel like a beached whale.. and I probably look like one, too.." She answered, not wanting to tell him that she felt as if her insides were being ripped out! She placed a hand on top of the one that he had rested on her tummy as she dug into her food. "Soooo.. by the end of the day.. this kid will make its debut. What do you think it'll be..boy or girl?" She asked, trying to keep the conversation light. She had never wanted to know the sex of the baby when she had ultrasounds done. She wanted it to be a surprise.
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:24 pm

"You look beautiful." He told her and kissed her forehead. "A boy would be nice. But I'll love it no mater what we have. I have to admit I'm really excited to meet our little one. I'm sure Belle is excited too."
    Marley
    Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Marley smiled at that. A boy would be nice, but like Remey, she would love it no matter what it was. She leaned in as best she could and kissed his cheek. "You're the best daddy ever.. and Belle will be an awesome big sis.." And just then, her water finally broke, which startled her...

"..Oh my goodness.. I think I just peed myself. Like, a lot.."
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Remey was starting to eat his food when Mar's water broke. He jumped from the bed and tossed the food on the table. He stuck his head out of the door. "Hello! We need a doctor in here!" He called out. "Baby is coming!"
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Gabriel on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:18 am

Serenity wrote:Serenity was so bored in the hospital! She wanted to leave, but the doctors wanted her and the baby to stay one more night. Even tho she was totally sure that she was fine and could go home. She couldn't even keep her baby in the room with her! All babies had to be in the nursery. But what if the babies got mixed up and they gave her the wrong one!? That happened all the time right?

Seren was done flipping through the channels on the TV. She hardly got any sleep last night, with all their poking and prodding. Blood test ever two hours! Who does that?

She laid back down and closed her eyes. "I hate this place. I wanna take Raven and go home."

Gabriel had also been growing restless. To say that he had his fill of hospitals throughout his life would be a horrible understatement. But he was toughing it out, knowing that Serenity wasn't enjoying it any more than he was.

He hated the hospital food, and knew that Seren wasn't a fan of it, either. So he had slipped out while she was sleeping and gotten them both a nice breakfast from a local restaurant. He caught her comment just as he was coming back into the room. She must have thought that he was resting in the fold-out chair.

"Yeah.. I know, babe." He replied, and placed the carry-out bags on the little bed table. "But.. just one more night then we'll be outta here." He told her, and pulled out her tray of food. Pancakes, sausage and eggs. Definitely a better choice than the hospital's bland food. "I figured you were sick of cardboard food, soooo... I had to rectify the situation.."

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am

Seren looked up when Gabe came back into the room. She then looked behind her at the chair then back to him. "oooooh you're sneaky." She sat up and smiled at the food. "thanks! You're the best." She told him and dug into the food.

Just then the nurse came in with little Raven. "Someone wanted their mommy." the nurse said and handed the baby to Serenity.

Serenity put down her fork and held the baby close in her arms. "thank you." She told the nurse and smiled down at her daughter.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:26 pm

"Yeah... guess I got stealth like a ninja." Gabe teased and took a seat on the edge of the bed. He uncovered her food for her, and just as the nurse brought in their daughter, he received a text from Lexi. He read it and slid the phone back into his pocket.

"That was Lex. Apparently Ally's gettin' married today, and everyone's invited.. but they know we can't go and understand. She just wanted to let us know since she promised Ally." He explained, and offered to take Raven. "Want me to hold her so you can eat?"

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Serenity handed the baby over to Gabe and grabbed her food. When she heard they were invited to a wedding she perked up. "We have to go! We're going to go." Seren said. "I don't want to miss Ally's wedding. I don't have to stay here, i'm fine the baby is fine, the doctor said so." She ate as she tried to convince Gabe that it was a good idea to tell the doctors to let her and raven go home.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Gabe took little Raven and hugged her against him, wrapping the little blanket around her. Hearing how determined that Seren was about going to the wedding, he frowned. "Babe.. you need to rest.." He tried to reason. But it seemed that she really wanted to go, and she was just as stubborn as he was.

"Okay.. if the doctor says it's okay.. we'll go I guess..."

Carefully holding his daughter in one arm, he pulled out his phone and texted Lexi.

'Looks like we'll be comin'.. do we need to bring anything?'

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Seren smiled brightly and finished her food. She was excited to be getting out of the hospital and going to the wedding. She had just about enough of the hopsital.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Gabriel was reluctant, but seeing how happy that the news made Seren, he couldn't deny her. He leaned back on the bed with Seren, resting little Raven on his chest. He caressed the sleeping baby's back, but once again the moment was interrupted by his cell...

Lexi: 'I'm sorry that I even mentioned the wedding. Please don't go. The Turks will be there. I didn't know until a few minutes ago. I'm backing out, too. I can't look at the people who nearly ..raped and killed me. Not to mention what they did to you... I feel like I'm a joke right now...'

Gabe sighed at the message. Damn, he really hated to break the news to Seren. "Babe.. we're not goin'. Lexi just found out that the Turks will be there." He told her, giving her an apologetic look. He then returned Lexi's text.

'That's fucked up. K..not goin'. U ok? Still N the city?" He sent the text, and looked over at Seren. "Sorry, babe. But maybe you can still go home tonight." He said, hoping that would keep her happy.

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Serenity frowned at that. She was dissapointed but understood. "Yeah it's best we don't go then. Why would they even invite us if the Turks would be there?" She didn't understand. Didn't Ally know about Gabe and the Turks. Maybe not. But it was a good thing they found out before they went to the wedding.

"I hope I can get out of here anyway." She said, her smile returning. She finished her food and laid on her side, using Gabe's shoulder as a pillow. She laid her hand on Raven's back and sighed contently.

"We should still get Ally and Ace a wedding gift." She thought outloud.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:57 pm

"Yeah.. I think you can get out of here today." Gabe grinned. He honestly didn't see why not, especially if she promised to take it easy. She could recover better at home. "And I think we should get 'em a gift, too." He wasn't disappointed about not going. He liked Ally and Ace, but big crowds weren't his thing.

He checked his phone, hoping that Lexi had texted him back, frowning when he noticed that she hadn't. It had been twenty minutes, and normally Lexi was a damn speed texter. He would give her a few more minutes, then he would try calling her. That least part of her text had him concerned, and he knew her habits.

He pressed a kiss against Seren's forehead, and nuzzled her hair. "This drivin' back and forth to the city is gettin' a lil' tiring, eh? We should get our own place soon..."

Original Character

Female

Post by Marley on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 am

When Remey called out for a doctor, Marley soon registered what was happening, and the intense pains started almost instantaneously. Horrible contractions soon followed, and is was all she could do to brace herself. She screamed out in agony just as the doctor and her nurse came rushing in..

They checked her, and were shocked to see how close the baby was to coming... "It's already crowning!" The nurse announced. "We need to prep for an epidural.." She called, but Mar shook her head.. "Noo.. I don't want my baby to be drugged.." She pleaded as the doctor threw back her gown and moved her into a delivering position. "You can soup me up with pain meds after.. but I don't want to hurt my baby.."

The nurse respected her wishes, but judging by Marley's features, she was in horrible pain. Mar reached for Remey's hand, wanting him close, needing the comfort as she pushed in time with the doctor's coaxing, screaming out in pain. God.. it felt like her insides were being ripped out!!
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male

Post by Remey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:48 am

Remey went back to Marley's side when the doctors came in. He took her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "You're doing good love." He told her. "Soon we'll get to meet our little one."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 am

"We can start looking for a place tomorrow if you want. Do you want to live in the city? I was thinking maybe moving right outside the city. close enough that a drive to the city wouldn't be hell, but far enough away that we have some peace and quiet."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:49 am

"Yeah.. just outside the city, I like that idea." He grinned. "Gotta find a place with a big yard for Jigs... and the kids. Not that we're leavin' the kids in the yard, or anything." He teased.

And finally, he received a reply back from Lexi...

'Men fetter..yeh, n crown @ laugh's..'

Gabriel blinked at the text.. "What the hell, Lexi." He replied out loud, and showed Seren the screen. "She's drunk." He told her, and texted her back. 'You at Lafayette's? You alone?' He sighed and placed his phone on the table so that he would be able to hear it when and if she responded. "I have a feelin' this is gonna be a long day.."

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Seren grinned at his yard comment. "I'll start looking for a place on line as soon as we get back to the cabin." She told him. When he showed her Lexi's text she frowned deeply. "Why would she be getting drunk? Is she driving? Maybe someone should go get her."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm

" 'Cause she's upset." Gabe explained. "Yeah, she doesn't need to be drivin' back like that." He sighed. "I may have to call Raph, as much as I fuckin' hate to." He cringed, realizing that he had dropped the f-bomb in front of his kid. Not that she understood, but still. He needed to get into the habit of watching his language.

Luckily he wouldn't have to wait long for Lexi's reply. 'Bingo! And uf horse m'alone.'

Gabe sighed and ran a hand down his face. 'Keep yer ass right there. Be there in a few.' He told her, then looked at Seren. "I'm gonna go see if I can drag Lexi back here, or at least take her keys away until I can call that boyfriend of hers." He pressed a kiss against her lips before sliding off the bed, then gently handed Raven to her. "I'm gonna get Rem to keep an eye on you til I get back." He told her, having no idea that Mar was finally having her baby. "You need anything before I go?"

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Serenity took Raven and held the sleeping baby close. "I'll be fine. you go get Lexi." She told Gabe. "Maybe by the time she sobers up a bit I can get out of here."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Gabriel leaned in and pressed another kiss against her lips, then one against his daughter's head. "I'll be back soon babe." With that, he headed out of the room, and towards Marley's room and entered before he realized what was going on.

"Holy fuck!" He exclaimed, catching sight of the blood and gore that accompanied birth."Sorry, dude.. never mind!" He told Remey, shielding his face as he backed out. "Congrats... damn..." With that, he disappeared, trying to keep his breakfast down. He headed out of the hospital, and walked the few blocks to the restaurant that Lexi liked to frequent. He entered, receiving a few stares from some of the employees. He definitely wasn't dressed up enough to be in the high-class place. Fortunately the owner recognized him. He had been engaged to Lexi once upon a time, after all.

"Are you looking for Ms. Davis?" He asked, and when Gabe nodded, he led him to the VIP area.

It didn't take him long to spot Lexi in the back, her eyes reflecting her drunken haze, a tipsy grin crossing her lips when she saw him. "Ooooh, good. You know.. I don't like drinking alone.." She told him, and ordered another glass for him, but it was pretty obvious that Gabe was mad as he took a seat beside her in the booth, blocking her in.

"Mmmm.. why so serious, grumpy face.." She teased...

"This ain't funny, Lexi...I had to leave Seren to come here and make sure you don't kill yourself.."

Lexi frowned at that. "Easy, soldier. I don't have a knife.." She answered bitterly, assuming that he was referring to the incident back in the alley when she thought that she was about to be raped... "And no, it isn't funny. But everyone keeps thinking it's funny to hurt me.." She slurred, and took another sip of her drink.

"Everyone, huh? So.. those people that hurt you, you consider 'em 'everyone'?"

Lexi was quiet for a moment, and ran her fingers through her hair. "I.. don't want to do this, Gabe. And.. you wouldn't understand. Everyone loves you.."

That earned a sarcastic chuckle from Gabe. "Oh, sure. Guess that explains the scar on my neck, and the fifty million all over my body." He rolled his eyes and took her drink away from her. "Stop feelin' sorry for yerself and come back to the hospital with me and Seren. I'll call yer turtle to come get you."

Lexi shook her head. "No can do. I show up there, drunk.. and I'll be all over the news. Here, I'm safe."

Gabe sighed in frustration and without permission, reached in her purse and grabbed her car keys. "Then, these are comin' with me.. and I'll call Raph to come get you."

"..Hey!" She made a futile attempt to grab them, but he quickly pocketed them, and pulled out his cell. Unfortunately he didn't have Raph's number in his cell, but he did have Laz', so he dialed him, and waited for a response...

Last edited by Gabriel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm