Back Home

April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Re: Back Home

Post by April O'Neil on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:26 pm

"It's going to be alright, Don. Rini is strong. She'll pull through this." April wished that she was there to comfort the guys. "I'll call you soon, Don I have to go." She hung up with Don and went to the room they were Rini was being worked on. She watched through the window with Fraya. She would call Don back as soon as she got more imfomation.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz lead them to the cabin and opened the door for them. He followed behind them. "Do you guys need anything? Some coffee maybe?" He asked. Though Lexi looked worn out and she probably just wanted to go to bed.

"I can watch the baby, let you two get some sleep."

Indeed, all Lexi wanted to do was curl up somewhere and sleep for days. She shook her head at his offers, but managed a faint smile when he volunteered to watch Phin so they could sleep. He was so thoughtful, but she couldn't take advantage of his kindness, and knew after the long trip, he had to be exhausted, too. She was too exhausted to even notice Aeris until the blond turned and stormed off into one of the bedrooms. It confused her, but then it registered. Aeris probably hated her.

Lexi frowned and gave Laz an apologetic look. "Maybe I shouldn't have came here."

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Laz frowned when Aeris stormed off. He shook his head and gave lexi a hug. "No it's ok. I'll talk to her. You get some sleep. If you need anything just let me know." He kissed her forehead then ran after his girl.

"Aeris. What's wrong?" He asked and closed the door behind him. "Did the kids give you any problems?"
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:06 pm

April O'Neil wrote:"It's going to be alright, Don. Rini is strong. She'll pull through this." April wished that she was there to comfort the guys. "I'll call you soon, Don I have to go." She hung up with Don and went to the room they were Rini was being worked on. She watched through the window with Fraya. She would call Don back as soon as she got more imfomation.

"Thank you. Bye." Then Don hung up and leaned forward in the chair, hanging his head. That phone call certainly didn't go the way he had hoped. But there was nothing else to do now but wait for the next update.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Post by Pepper on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Bishop wrote:And Pepper wouldn't be alone for long. Bishop indeed knew what had happen to her, he watched her get hurt from the mousers and then followed her to hospital. He needed to see what his employee had been up to.

He walked into the hospital and got a few flowers then found her room. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him.

"Nice to see you again, Pepper." He said and walked up to the bed. "How have you been?"

And her fears were coming true. Bishop had found her. She debated grabbing her buzzer and calling the nurses, but that would only create more problems for herself. There was still a good chance that Bishop hadn't found out that she was only working for him undercover. But then again, if he was clueless, then why was she attacked and left for dead in the sewers? Maybe he wasn't responsible for sending the thugs after her....

"Hello John." She greeted him cooly, having once earned the privilege of being on a first name basis with her 'mentor'. At his question, she was torn on what to say. He had obviously tracked her through the mousers, so he was more than aware that was her reason for being here. And that mean that he knew she was with the turtles. She suddenly felt trapped. "I've been better.."
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Bishop set the flowers down on the table and took a seat. "So you have been busy I see. Saving people from robots and running away with turtles." He sighed deeply and shook his head. "I expected more from you. Better." He looked over the medication they were giving her through her IV then took out his own syringe filled with 'medicine'.

"You have become useless to me, but I have one more job for you before I let you go for good." He stood up and grabbed the tube that lead to her IV. "You'll feel a slight burn at first. oh don't worry this wont kill you. It's my own creation. mutagen. Well a strand of it anyway. I'll be honest, I'm not sure what it will do to you. So, ready?'
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female

Post by Pepper on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Pepper's eyes went wide when he pulled out the syringe full of whatever concoction he planned on injecting her with. She grabbed at the catheter that was taped to her hand and attempted to rip it out...
    Agent Bishop
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Bishop grabbed her hand. "None of that now." He held her hand above her head and injected her with the mutagen. "Rest now. I'll be keeping a close eye on you." He let her go and patted her head. "I'll see you soon." He told her and went to leave before anyone came in.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female

Post by Pepper on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Despite her best efforts, Bishop's plan would be carried through. She could literally feel the mutagen as it entered her veins, the burning sensation more than she could stand. It felt as if she was being burned from the inside out. She tried to muffle her cries, but couldn't contain the blood curling scream that reverberated throughout the surrounding floors of the hospital just as Bishop exited her room...
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:51 pm

Splinter got the tea steeped and proceeded to pour out two large mugs - one for him and one for Donatello. As Michelangelo spoke to someone on his cell phone, the Rat noticed Donatello speaking to the cell phone gripped in his own fingers.

The Turtle's knuckles were actually turning a bit bone white by the time he replaced the phone in its spot on his belt. Handing a mug of heated liquid over, Splinter curled his hands around his own remaining cup; all the better to hide the rising anxiety he was also feeling about their situation.

He could tell that his son did not feel all that reassured by what he had just found out, but it would not do to have him become locked within himself. The Turtle would become eaten from the inside out by the worries, doubts, and what-ifs of the moment. With that in mind, Splinter did not give his son more than a handful of seconds before breaking in on his world verbally. "Donatello ... what have you heard? What did April have to tell you?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Lexi wrote:
    Lazarus wrote:Laz lead them to the cabin and opened the door for them. He followed behind them. "Do you guys need anything? Some coffee maybe?" He asked. Though Lexi looked worn out and she probably just wanted to go to bed.

"I can watch the baby, let you two get some sleep."

Indeed, all Lexi wanted to do was curl up somewhere and sleep for days. She shook her head at his offers, but managed a faint smile when he volunteered to watch Phin so they could sleep. He was so thoughtful, but she couldn't take advantage of his kindness, and knew after the long trip, he had to be exhausted, too. She was too exhausted to even notice Aeris until the blond turned and stormed off into one of the bedrooms. It confused her, but then it registered. Aeris probably hated her.

Lexi frowned and gave Laz an apologetic look. "Maybe I shouldn't have came here."

Even though Raph didn't want to admit it, he was grateful for how helpful Laz had become during all of this. Of course, most of it was for Lexi, but now he didn't really care. Lexi was his main concern right now, too.

He helped her sit down on the couch, still holding Phoenix in his other arm after Laz had disappeared into the other room. "Well, this is awkward, he mumbled as he looked back at the door Laz went through. Then he looked back at Lexi, his gaze softening.

"Hey..." He gave her a firm squeeze. "Why don' you jus' lay down here and get some rest. I'll stay right here with Phin and keep 'im entertained." He tried to give her a reassuring smile.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Splinter wrote:Splinter got the tea steeped and proceeded to pour out two large mugs - one for him and one for Donatello. As Michelangelo spoke to someone on his cell phone, the Rat noticed Donatello speaking to the cell phone gripped in his own fingers.

The Turtle's knuckles were actually turning a bit bone white by the time he replaced the phone in its spot on his belt. Handing a mug of heated liquid over, Splinter curled his hands around his own remaining cup; all the better to hide the rising anxiety he was also feeling about their situation.

He could tell that his son did not feel all that reassured by what he had just found out, but it would not do to have him become locked within himself. The Turtle would become eaten from the inside out by the worries, doubts, and what-ifs of the moment. With that in mind, Splinter did not give his son more than a handful of seconds before breaking in on his world verbally. "Donatello ... what have you heard? What did April have to tell you?"

Don looked up at his father after a few moments, sighing heavily as he took the cup in both of his hands -- not drinking it, but just absorbing the warmth in his palms as if it would help the situation.

"Rini is in surgery right now for a blood transfusion. That's about all I know, but I could tell by April's tone that it wasn't looking good."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:11 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz frowned when Aeris stormed off. He shook his head and gave lexi a hug. "No it's ok. I'll talk to her. You get some sleep. If you need anything just let me know." He kissed her forehead then ran after his girl.

"Aeris. What's wrong?" He asked and closed the door behind him. "Did the kids give you any problems?"

Aeris was curled up in bed by the time Laz made it into the bedroom. She was facing away from him, trying to get herself under control before speaking to him. It wasn't Laz' fault that he was so giving. She knew exactly what she was signing up for when they got together.

"Nothing." She told him, and given the speed of how quickly her answer was carried out, he should have known better. "I was just hoping that I would get to see you sometime tonight." She said, and left it at that.

"No. The kids were good." She told him, and finally shifted to look at him. "But Ivy kept asking for you and even after I told her that you were gone, she looked for you. She said 'I hope he doesn't go sleep forever like my mommy.' "
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Raphael wrote:
    Even though Raph didn't want to admit it, he was grateful for how helpful Laz had become during all of this. Of course, most of it was for Lexi, but now he didn't really care. Lexi was his main concern right now, too.

He helped her sit down on the couch, still holding Phoenix in his other arm after Laz had disappeared into the other room. "Well, this is awkward, he mumbled as he looked back at the door Laz went through. Then he looked back at Lexi, his gaze softening.

"Hey..." He gave her a firm squeeze. "Why don' you jus' lay down here and get some rest. I'll stay right here with Phin and keep 'im entertained." He tried to give her a reassuring smile.

Lexi returned Laz' hug and watched as he went after his girlfriend. She really hoped that Aeris wasn't mad at him, Laz didn't deserve that. Now she was seriously considering sleeping in the van, at least she wouldn't be causing problems there. With a sigh, she finally ended her internal debate and sat beside Raph, considering his offer. But she knew that Raph was exhausted, too.

"Why don't we take up our old room?" She suggested, and reached over to caress Phin's cheek. The little guy was already sleeping soundly. "That way we can all get some rest."

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 am

Laz sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at his hands. "I'll talk with her." He said then looked up at Aeris. "And i'm sorry I left you like that." He sighed deeply and laid down next to her, slipping his arm around her.

"I know Lexi relies on me a lot. And i'm sorry. Tonight she was attacked by mousers and then again my some Turks. raph wasn't with her, as usual. Someone had to help her." He gave Aeris a squeeze.

"But I don't want that to come between us."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:53 am

'Obviously'. She thought to herself when Laz mentioned that Lexi relied on him a lot. And of course she was attacked again. "Well, look who she hangs around... she may as well paint a target on herself or something. She had to know that it wouldn't be a peaceful existence, hanging around with those guys. And considering what she does for a living." She sighed inwardly, just not able to understand. Raph was a jerk. Obviously she still hadn't gotten over the red-clad turtle's lack of gratitude when Laz had gone out of his way to make sure Phoenix had everything he needed when Lexi had first brought the infant home. And according to Laz, Raph was hardly ever there for his girlfriend.

"I just don't get it." She told him, and finally shifted to face him. She was still angry, but couldn't resist snuggling against him. "Have you ever considered the very strong possibility that she's in love with you?" Because Aeris was a woman, after all. She had seen the way that Lexi looked at Laz... there was something there, even if he couldn't see it.
    Mondo Gecko
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2012-04-10

Post by Mondo Gecko on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 pm

"Ah. Ok so where's April's place?" Mondo asked. He glanced back at Ela and shrugged his shoulders. "You guys are always in some kind of trouble. I think you all need new friends."
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Laz sighed and squeezed Aeris. "Yeah. I know. And I'm sure she knew what she was signing up for when she hooked up with Raph. I can't just leave her hanging though, especially when she doesn't have anyone else to turn to." He kissed her lips and ran his fingers through her hair.

"She doesn't love me like that. She's in love with Raph. Don't worry about her. I'm not going to let her come in between us. I love you too much to do that."
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Mondo Gecko wrote:"Ah. Ok so where's April's place?" Mondo asked. He glanced back at Ela and shrugged his shoulders. "You guys are always in some kind of trouble. I think you all need new friends."

Mike gave directions as best he could, which wasn't that great considering that he was horrible at directions, all while munching on another slice of outdated pizza. "You should find it, no problem!" He assured the lizard.

"Heh, naaah. I think our friends need new friends, actually. We seem to be the bringer of problems..."

Female

Post by Aeris on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz sighed and squeezed Aeris. "Yeah. I know. And I'm sure she knew what she was signing up for when she hooked up with Raph. I can't just leave her hanging though, especially when she doesn't have anyone else to turn to." He kissed her lips and ran his fingers through her hair.

"She doesn't love me like that. She's in love with Raph. Don't worry about her. I'm not going to let her come in between us. I love you too much to do that."

Was Laz seriously that blind? Then again, guys weren't that great at reading signs and picking up on things. You pretty much had to slap them with the obvious. She sighed inwardly, and decided to just let it go. But she planned on having a talk with Lexi soon. Not that she expected to get the truth from her, but she wanted her to know that unlike Laz, she wasn't clueless.

"Aww. I love you, too." She smiled and pressed a soft kiss against his lips, then snuggled against him. She knew that Laz loved her, but deep down, she knew that if Lexi ever left Raph, then she would have some competition, even if Laz had told her that Lexi would never come between them.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Donatello wrote:Don looked up at his father after a few moments, sighing heavily as he took the cup in both of his hands -- not drinking it, but just absorbing the warmth in his palms as if it would help the situation.

"Rini is in surgery right now for a blood transfusion. That's about all I know, but I could tell by April's tone that it wasn't looking good."

Splinter's brow furrowed. Surgery meant it truly could go either way - if Rini's will was strong, she'd pull through but, if it wasn't, then ... The Rat's whiskers twitched with the mental agony. No! He would not even give form to the alternative. Rini would pull through this. No matter what.

He nodded when Donatello was finished, and then looked between Leonardo and Donatello and sighed. He still felt as if he could not make things better for them. As a teacher it felt bad - as a father it made him feel miserable. "Rini's spirit is strong, Donatello," the Rat declared, a bit more to himself than to the purple-clad Turtle, "she will survive this."

Tired, he sat down next to the wall, placing his back pack next to his left hip, and straightened his kimono out. It was a small distraction, and a movement off to his side caused Splinter to turn his head and look over at Leonardo. "Have you heard how Pepper is doing?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Lexi wrote:
    Lexi returned Laz' hug and watched as he went after his girlfriend. She really hoped that Aeris wasn't mad at him, Laz didn't deserve that. Now she was seriously considering sleeping in the van, at least she wouldn't be causing problems there. With a sigh, she finally ended her internal debate and sat beside Raph, considering his offer. But she knew that Raph was exhausted, too.

"Why don't we take up our old room?" She suggested, and reached over to caress Phin's cheek. The little guy was already sleeping soundly. "That way we can all get some rest."

Raph was very exhausted, but he wasn't going to put himself above Lexi or his son. But when Lexi offered for all of them to go into the bedroom, he couldn't really say 'no'.

"Sure."

Then he stood up with Phoenix and helped Lexi to her own feet and helped her into the bedroom, nearly collapsing on the bed upon arrival.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Once they reached the bedroom, it was pretty obvious just how exhausted Raph was. It had been a draining day, both physically and mentally, for all of them. She turned down the covers and while Raph got Phin situated, she slid out of her dress and reached for the bag, but then remembered that her own luggage had been left behind. She sighed inwardly, but was grateful that the most important luggage was with them, and Phoenix would not do without. But she would be wearing the same dress tomorrow, and sleeping in her underwear. She had thought about going to ask Laz for a shirt, but didn't want to bother him. She had done enough of that tonight.

"I've never felt this 'homeless' before." She said, more to herself than to Raph as she slipped into bed and buried herself beneath the covers. She wanted to snuggle with Raph, really needing his closeness right now, but it was a little difficult with Phin in between them. She pulled the little one close and reached for Raph's hand, threading her fingers through his.

Male

Post by Donatello on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Splinter wrote:Splinter's brow furrowed. Surgery meant it truly could go either way - if Rini's will was strong, she'd pull through but, if it wasn't, then ... The Rat's whiskers twitched with the mental agony. No! He would not even give form to the alternative. Rini would pull through this. No matter what.

He nodded when Donatello was finished, and then looked between Leonardo and Donatello and sighed. He still felt as if he could not make things better for them. As a teacher it felt bad - as a father it made him feel miserable. "Rini's spirit is strong, Donatello," the Rat declared, a bit more to himself than to the purple-clad Turtle, "she will survive this."

"I know, that's what everyone keeps saying." But it was hard to stay optimistic when he personally saw how bad off Rini really was before she was taken to the hospital. He already knew it was bad. And the news just kept getting worse. He really hoped the next update would be more uplifting.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 am

Casey and Mikey were certainly the life of this party, assuredly. MIkey insisted on watching Tales while choking down old pizza and the vigilante couldn't agree with him more. After all, what was the use of worrying every minute about stuff that might not even occur? Casey saw no point in such things. So, he and Mikey continued to watch the horror-themed episodes while the others were off in the background doing their own thing.

"Man... You'd think with a better budget, this show woulda rocked even more, eh Mikey?" Casey asked, not directly looking at his green-skinned brother. His look of confusion and surprise turned into a smirk as the hideous monster chased the woman into his coffin. In the background, he overheard Donny talking on the phone; he said it was April on the other end. Casey glanced over the edge of the couch to catch what he could of that conversation.

Donny didn't look too thrilled...

Splinter was trying, best he could, to warm their spirits and get certain hopes up. Casey very mildly grinned at his best efforts, turning to the TV set again. "HA! That's right, ugly! Get what's comin' to ya when ya start trouble!" Casey shouted, cackling, as the creature was kicked down a flight of stairs. Slapstick comedy always brought the child out in Casey Jones. As long as it was stupid comedy, he loved it. Physical comedy was the best.

Three Stooges was among his top favorites. He had others but it would be a fight to fill the shoes of Larry, Curly and Mo... Oh, that Mo. Mikey was now busy with one of their allies who contacted them so the greasy-haired vigilante moved around the couch and slowly approached Splinter and the others, tucking his gloved hands into his jean pockets. He knew there wasn't much he could say right now but Casey didn't like this, waiting.

"Hey, Splinter... I, uhh, I know we haven't really talked much but... when you get a chance there," he sighed. Splinter was a father figure for all of them; and for Casey that meant a lot! His own father was a very cruel man, a drunkard. But Master Splinter was a very kind and warm-hearted soul whom Casey felt completely comfortable with. "Do you really think we're all gonna be okay after all... this? I mean, I want us t'make it out of this okay. It's just... Can April an' I ever really have a normal life now?"

Casey was concerned about his future with April O'Neil after their misadventures with the turtles. Such a journey would never be forgotten but at some point he did want to, at some point in time, settle with April and try to get their own place - for privacy. It just seemed like a distant dream now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm