Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Re: Back Home

Post by Gabriel on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:10 pm

...was she threatening him? He just rolled his eyes and handed Seren her phone back. "It was some weirdo." He told her, deciding not to tell her that Juicy had requested that he meet her tomorrow night, or that she had dubbed herself a not so secret admirer.

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Serenity took the phone back and smiled. "She sounded nice." seren glanced in the back seat to check on the kids who were sleeping. She smiled brighter at them then looked back at Gabe. "I think they're going to be out for the night." Which was good, because both of them needed sleep.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Mikey was now busy with one of their allies who contacted them so the greasy-haired vigilante moved around the couch and slowly approached Splinter and the others, tucking his gloved hands into his jean pockets. He knew there wasn't much he could say right now but Casey didn't like this, waiting.

"Hey, Splinter... I, uhh, I know we haven't really talked much but... when you get a chance there," he sighed. Splinter was a father figure for all of them; and for Casey that meant a lot! His own father was a very cruel man, a drunkard. But Master Splinter was a very kind and warm-hearted soul whom Casey felt completely comfortable with. "Do you really think we're all gonna be okay after all... this? I mean, I want us t'make it out of this okay. It's just... Can April an' I ever really have a normal life now?"

Casey was concerned about his future with April O'Neil after their misadventures with the turtles. Such a journey would never be forgotten but at some point he did want to, at some point in time, settle with April and try to get their own place - for privacy. It just seemed like a distant dream now.

Splinter glanced between Leonardo and Donatello one more time, his ears still twitching with stress and frustration, before he turned his attention fully onto Casey. "I, too, have noticed that we do not always get very much time to speak to one another, Casey," the Rat confirmed, dipping his head,"and I wish I had a better answer for you, but the only one I can give you is this: we shall see."

Leading Casey toward the kitchen area, Splinter offered him some tea before refilling his own mug. Then he gazed at the human with his own dark eyes. "I believe that Batman said it best when he asked for a definition of 'normal'," the Rat breathed, smirking up at Casey, "because what one person is used to is not what another person can handle as their day to day routine." He stopped talking long enough to take a long sip of his tea - being green tea it was packing quite the bitter taste at the moment, making it perfect for how the old Rat felt right now. Sighing, he looked back at Casey. "Casey, I understand that you may be thinking of the whole 'two kids, a dog, and a white picket fence' sort of normal and wondering when you will have that as your own day to day life ... unfortunately, after having had my own version of that - and losing it - I have to say that one should cherish what they have. And as for you and April becoming, shall we say, more of a 'we' ... well, that is up to the two of you, is it not?" He took another long sip before feeling as if he'd stared too long at his young friend.

Finally, one hand straightening out the collar of his kimono, Splinter spoke once more. "People have used many excuses as to why they should wait for a 'better' time to do something - for the 'right' time - and they have said that the world is too full of danger to get married or bring children into it; the fact is that the world is the same now as it has ever been. What is different is how much of the world we know about at one time." This time it was a mark on the mug in his hands that briefly distracted the Rat.

"You already risk losing April with every breath and every sunrise, Casey. Remember - always remember - that the 'right time' is whatever moment you deem it to be." Splinter's eyes glazed over for a second before gravitating toward his own left hand, and then he snorted. "Listen to me - some 'wise old master' I am, when I can not even keep my own family from harm." His nose twitched, and the old ninja scowled before once more drinking some of his tea. "Does that help you at all, Casey?"

It was then that Leonardo seemed to call over to Casey from across the room.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:31 am

Serenity wrote:Serenity took the phone back and smiled. "She sounded nice." seren glanced in the back seat to check on the kids who were sleeping. She smiled brighter at them then looked back at Gabe. "I think they're going to be out for the night." Which was good, because both of them needed sleep.

"Pffft. She's a few cards short of a full deck." Gabe told her, figuring that Seren had not heard Juicy's unstable side. Otherwise she probably wouldn't have given him the phone. He tried to shrug the phone call off, but couldn't help wondering what important information she had to tell him. Obviously he would have to wait to tomorrow night, because he was not making another eight hour trip!

When Seren commented on the kids, it was a much needed distraction from his wandering thoughts. He shifted to see the two in the back seat, oblivious to the world. A hint of a grin stretched across his features. "Bout time." He slid out of the car and circled around to open the door for her, offering her a hand. "Too bad we gotta wait to fool around."

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 am

Lazarus wrote:Laz pulled the covers over them and snuggled up against her. "Hopefully tomorrow things go better. And I really hope that Remey and Mar will be back soon, I think i'll give them a call tomorrow to find out what's going on."

Aeris snuggled against him and pressed a soft kiss against his lips, then nuzzled against his neck. "Yeah, we need to find out what's going on." She told him. "I know Mar had a difficult delivery, so that's probably the delay. We should go see them tomorrow if they're not back."

It was then that she heard the familiar sound of Gabe's vehicle announcing their return. "So much for being alone." She sighed inwardly. Of course she knew that Gabe and Seren would be returning, and would probably be staying at the farm until they bought their house, but she was still a little unhappy about the Lexi situation despite trying her best to let it go.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am

Seren took Gabe's hand and slid out the car. She flashed him a little smirk and kissed his lips. "Your brain is always filled with naughty." She teased.

She opened up the back door and pulled out Raven. "Can you get Jake?"

Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am

"They'll be getting their own place soon, I should be looking for more work. I have a family to take care of now. It's strange still, I've always been use to just worrying about myself. But i know we can't live here forever. So I'll find us a nice place. Promise."

He kissed Aeris' forehead and smiled at her. "Maybe we can live on the water."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:31 am

Master Splinter, sensei and 'father' to the Ninja Turtles, gave his long and detailed opinion about them as a people and of the closeness between himself and April O'Neil; it all made so much sense. Okay, so Casey Jones didn't understand every little thing he was trying to say but for the most part it got through to him. Being one half of their human friends, Casey made it a habit of knowing which side he was on and his green pals would always be his bros but he and April had to move forward at some point.

Did they realize that? ... Did he? Casey wasn't so sure that even he himself understood that big, giant step.

This former hockey pro was mostly seen as 'a child trapped in a man's body', straight from April's mouth to God's ears. He realized that he had a little growing up to do but did it have to be so soon? Yes, he was thirty years old, give or take, but did that mean that once you get a certain age you stop having fun? You stop being goofy with your best buds? What if they were your only friends? Casey took Splinter's words to heart, as one of his own sons would. Maybe Casey should just be happy with what he has.

It was a thought that kept growing within his stature, kept festering in his mind. The life that normal people lived could never work for a man who chose to partner himself with four, human-sized turtle mutants. Maybe it was his choice, maybe an excuse, so that he would never have to be normal and experience pain alone. Such as losing both parents in the Purple Dragons' wildfire. It would explain a lot of things. Maybe he just felt like he would have to give this life up at some point and never look back. Just maybe...

Casey nodded. "Maybe yer right, Splinter. Maybe I can't have the kinda life I want 'cause I already made my choice. Maybe I'm already livin' it," Casey shrugged. "You do a great job with these knuckleheads, believe me. Better father'n my old man, fer sure..." he continued with a slight chuckle. Just then, Leo came up with the phone in his hand and told Casey the call was for him. It concerned him, up until he heard April's beautiful voice on the other end. It was April O'Neil, the fiery love of his life once more.

"Hey April. Uhh, how are you an' the girls?" Casey asked, not entirely sure how to start their conversation. He missed her.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 am

"Hey." April said cheerfully, but her tone soon dropped. "They're not doing so hot actually. So I'm probably going to stay here over night. I'll send Fraya back with the van. And there is some money in the top draw of my dresser in case you guys need something."

She sat down and leaned back against the wall. "This is a little off subject. But I've been thinking, about us. And well, after this is all over, what do you think about getting a place together?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Lazarus wrote:"They'll be getting their own place soon, I should be looking for more work. I have a family to take care of now. It's strange still, I've always been use to just worrying about myself. But i know we can't live here forever. So I'll find us a nice place. Promise."

He kissed Aeris' forehead and smiled at her. "Maybe we can live on the water."

Aeris knew that she was probably being a little overly jealous, but she couldn't help it. She finally had a good man and she didn't want anything to change that. When he suggested a place on the water, she smiled at him, not really taking him seriously. Even though it did sound nice. "Mmm.. gonna be a sexy fisherman, are you?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:55 pm

"I've thought about it." He ran his fingers through her hair. "I mean, I need a good job, I like being on the water, and it pays well. I think it'll be good for us."

Of course he was being very serious. It was time for him to start thinking about these things. He had a family now to take care of. and soon Ivy would be going to school. and he wanted to give his two woman everything they wanted.
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am

"Heh, well it does sound like it could be fun." She smiled at him. And being on the water, less people could bug them. But she was sure that Laz would continue to run to Lexi's rescue. She would just have to accept that.

"What about your gang? Think they will relieve you of your 'services'?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 am

"The gang? You mean the dragons? Yeah Hun and I are good friends it wont be a problem.Anyway he knows he can always call me if he needs something, something that wont get me thrown in jail."

Laz nuzzled against Aeris. "And maybe once we get all settled, we can start talking about marrage."
    Mondo Gecko
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2012-04-10

Post by Mondo Gecko on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 am

"Yeah they might need help, I don't know what all happen." Mondo got up and stepped out of the ship. "April lives a few blocks from here, we can make it there quickly if we move fast. Have to stay hidden though. You ready?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Lazarus wrote:"The gang? You mean the dragons? Yeah Hun and I are good friends it wont be a problem.Anyway he knows he can always call me if he needs something, something that wont get me thrown in jail."

Laz nuzzled against Aeris. "And maybe once we get all settled, we can start talking about marriage."

Aeris was relieved that his ties with the Dragons could easily be severed without consequences. She wanted to have a life with him, and having him involved with the gang and always in danger would definitely cause problems. Then came his last comment, and she looked at him in shock, but her features soon gave way to a smile.

"Awww... is that your way of proposing?"
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Serenity wrote:Seren took Gabe's hand and slid out the car. She flashed him a little smirk and kissed his lips. "Your brain is always filled with naughty." She teased.

She opened up the back door and pulled out Raven. "Can you get Jake?"

"I'm made of 100% naughty." He teased, flashing her a wink, then reached into the back seat to scoop up his sleeping son. The little guy was crying for Lexi earlier, so he wasn't sure how the living arrangements would work out. He wanted Jake to be with them, but Lexi had raised the boy while everyone thought he was dead. Naturally Jake thought Lex was his mom. It was a messy situation for sure. If Jake was still grieving tomorrow, he would have to give his ex a call and see if she could take him for a few days... he didn't know what else to do. Little did he know that she was currently back at the cabin.

He headed up the steps before Seren and held the door open for her...

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 pm

April O'Neil wrote:"Hey." April said cheerfully, but her tone soon dropped. "They're not doing so hot actually. So I'm probably going to stay here over night. I'll send Fraya back with the van. And there is some money in the top draw of my dresser in case you guys need something."

She sat down and leaned back against the wall. "This is a little off subject. But I've been thinking, about us. And well, after this is all over, what do you think about getting a place together?"

Casey was ecstatic to hear his girlfriend's voice once more but that excitement and that anxiousness was all for nothing, or so it seemed. The girls, as he was informed, weren't doing too well. Casey frowned. "Why? What's wrong? Should I get down there or what? Speak t'me, babe," he commanded in that gruff tone.

Then, April threw him a curveball that he wasn't really prepared for. But he accepted it and that frown turned upside down. "Okay, sure thing, Ape. An' us? I'm glad you asked 'cause, ya see, I been wonderin' about that too..."

Casey sighed, happily. "I think, whatever ya want, but I think we should do it. Like, as soon as ya get back. But... I want us t'do this together, ya know? I want us t'choose the house an' the location an' the street an', well, nevermind that. Can't wait t'see you again, April." Casey smiled softly.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 am

April smiled into the phone and gave an unseen nod. "Yeah we'll to it together. All of it. Our lives have been pretty crazy lately. I think it's time just you and I take some time to ourselves together. "

She glanced over to see Rini being rolled out the room. Fraya ran up to them but the doctors pushed her back, saying they had to put her isolation, but that she was stable. April figured they were worried that Rini caught what ever Pepper had. She would have to tell Don the update.

"Why don't you come sit with me. If you want to. We're at memorial hospital. I could use the company."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 am

Seren smiled and walked inside the cabin, She headed right for their bedroom to put Raven in her crib. It would be at least two days before the paper work went through on the house, and she couldn't wait. The house came with an inside pool and a little weight room. She was looking forward to working out and losing the baby weight.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 am

Aeris wrote:Aeris was relieved that his ties with the Dragons could easily be severed without consequences. She wanted to have a life with him, and having him involved with the gang and always in danger would definitely cause problems. Then came his last comment, and she looked at him in shock, but her features soon gave way to a smile.

"Awww... is that your way of proposing?"

"Nah,my proposal will be much better then that." he smiled and kissed her lips. "Lets try and get some sleep. Tomorrow we'll go see Remey and Marley."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 pm

April O'Neil wrote:April smiled into the phone and gave an unseen nod. "Yeah we'll to it together. All of it. Our lives have been pretty crazy lately. I think it's time just you and I take some time to ourselves together. "

She glanced over to see Rini being rolled out the room. Fraya ran up to them but the doctors pushed her back, saying they had to put her isolation, but that she was stable. April figured they were worried that Rini caught what ever Pepper had. She would have to tell Don the update.

"Why don't you come sit with me. If you want to. We're at memorial hospital. I could use the company."

Casey was excited on the other end of that phone call but to April he was just another voice, a distant voice. Casey Jones knew that now, more than ever, he and April would soon be staying together. That they would have their own little place to call 'home' for a change. It would give the guys some extra space and help keep their aggressive vigilante pal from beating up any more of their precious equipment.

Then, April asked him...

April needed someone to keep her company. She needed someone to talk to. She needed him, and she made no attempt to hide that fact. Casey smirked and looked over his shoulder. "Yeah... I'll be right there. Just gimme a few minutes, alright? The guys need t'know an'... I just wanna say... I love you, April."

Yes, those three little words that made women melt into a guy's hands; or run for the hills in escape. Casey blew her kisses and glanced behind himself again to make sure the guys didn't see it. Mikey was likely glued to the TV as more horror stories began to unravel. They said their goodbyes and Casey walked up to Leo and handed him the currently vacant phone, walking over to the table and grabbing the keys.

It was time to head out.

"Heya, guys? April is pretty upset over there. Somethin' sounded bad. She's pretty lonely, too. Asked if I could come down. I'll take the truck an' you guys just, ya know, sit tight. Be back later!" he waved, exiting their company. Casey hopped in, fired up the truck and made his way over to the hospital to give April some much needed company. What a life.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Thu May 02, 2013 1:37 pm

April smiled. "I love you too. can't wait to see you." She said then hung up. She went over to Fraya and after a quick conversation, Fraya left. April had gotten more info on Pepper and Rini and called Don. Least this time she had better news for the turtle.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Thu May 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Donatello had been watching Leo and Casey both talk to April on the phone. He was grateful for having April being able to give them updates on the girls' conditions, but Don still wished he could be there at the hospital with them. With Rini. He missed her so much and he was going crazy just not knowing how she was doing as every second passed.

It looked like Casey was going to head out to the hospital and just as Don was about to ask Casey to do something for him, his own phone rang and he was quick to answer. "Hello?" He couldn't keep the anxiousness out of his voice this time, desperate to hear some good news.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 pm

"Hey Don. Rini is out of surgery. She did fine and is stable now. But, Something happen to Pepper and they had to put her in isolation. So they did the same with Rini in case she has the same thing Pepper has. They don't know what it is yet, I can't get any answers. But I think the mousers might have been posioned."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Don frowned. On one hand, it was better news and that was good. But on the other, something just didn't sound right. Not about Pepper's condition exactly, but the Mousers being poisoned.

"...What?"

It didn't make any sense. The mousers were just made of metal and no one else seemed to have any negative effects. Not even Pepper seemed to at first and Don had personally looked her over before they took her to the hospital.

Unless...

Unless she was having a delayed negative reaction to the metal. He wasn't sure what Pepper's symptoms were, though. "Do you know what her symptoms are, April?" It was definitely something he had to know to figure this out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 am