Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female
    Number of posts : 303
    Registration date : 2010-07-16

Paint it Black [Casey/Angel background story]

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:03 am

It was a hot summer. unusually hot. the heat beat down on the street making everyone miserable, and irritable. One such person was 14 year old Angel. She had been spending her time indoors with her grandmother, but staying inside was starting to get to her and her grandmother was preaching to her again about the horrors and dangers of gangs and life on the streets.It was nothing she had never heard before and was getting tired of hearing it. So she put on her shoes and pulled her purple hair up in a two tight pony tails. Looking herself over in the mirror and liking what she saw, she left the house, her grandmother yelling at her from the doorway as she left. Her grandmother really had to get a life, Angel thought to herself.

But she was free now if only temporally. She hurried down the street to meet up with her gang, the Purple Dragons.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Re: Paint it Black [Casey/Angel background story]

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:22 am

Casey Jones was just released from a local game for beating his co-players violently during a bad call on his part. That try-out was a bust. 'What a bunch of losers!', Casey thought humbly to himself. No, he was not humble during his aggressive backlash at both the team and the coach; though the coach worked with Casey every time. But this time it was just too much. He lugged around his hockey gear and custom goalie mask with the beat up and wrapped hockey stick in one hand, Casey playfully scooting rocks and such as if they were a puck. Inwardly, the young punk was cursing the team and the coach for firing their best offensive player in years. No one wanted to play against him because they were afraid.

He crossed a bad street in a bad part of town, dodging cars and pedestrians. A lot of gangs lived in this area. He learned to keep his eyes open these days but sometimes they grew more clever. All it took was a little freedom and a lot of coaxing to get young brats criminal records before they were out of middle school. He hated this city. He wanted to clean it up... but how...
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 am

Angel never feared the streets or the gang. She was a Purple Dragon! No one messed with the Dragons. Of course getting in had been a pain. A number of test she had to pass, then finally she had to fight her way in. Luckily it didn't matter if you won or lost the fight, so long as you didn't run away and could take a beating. And she took quite a beating, still had the scars from some asshole bring in a knife to the fight.

As she headed down the street she spotted a guy caring a lot of shit. Easy target for sure. He had so much crap to carry he probably wouldn't even give chase. She stepped up behind the man and slipped her hand in his pocket with intent on jacking his wallet.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:41 am

Casey continued down the street whistling a tune. In the back of his mind, however, he was not so relaxed. The gangs, the most prominent being Purple Dragons, often scoured this area looking for victims to pick on and old seniors to scare. The Dragons were responsible for a lot of the crimes that went down in this area, and with good reason. Casey had no idea he was being followed and didn't even feel the thug's digits slide into the pocket of his sweats but he needed to shift his shoulder's load some, and in doing so his ice skates fell. Turning, Casey noticed a hand in his pocket and before she could run he grabbed it, dropping everything.

With a smirk, Casey shook his head. "Tryin' t'steal from me ya little thief? Come here!" he commanded, forcing her to face him as he stared into her eyes. She was no older than at least fourteen or fifteen. It surprised him. "... You kiddin' me? Just a punk kid? So, thought ya could slide one over on me, huh? Got news for ya," he continued as he gripped her wrists, "It ain't happenin'!" Casey threateningly stated boldly. He took his wallet from her, then put his hand in her pockets, digging around for something... anything. He found an ID card. "Angel, huh? Well, Angel, how do you like it? Not so fun when it's you gettin' pocketed, huh? Answer me, kid!" he demanded, probably scaring her. Good.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 am

Angel almost got away witht he wallet but the guy just had to turn around. She tried to run, but he quickly grabbed her. She looked up at him as he talked trying her best to not seemed scared. How could she be scared, she was sure there were Dragons around somewhere and surly they would come save her. When he reached into her pockets she kicked at him. "Get away from me you creep!" She screamed hoping to draw attention to herself. She glared at the guy and pulled away from him. "Fuck you, man. you should know better then walking around here, you were asking to get robbed."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 am

Casey's eyes widened when this young punk started to talk back and reveal her smart mouth to him in plain sight. But it only made him chuckle and he didn't let loose her grip, even when she kicked. He glanced at her card again to maybe find an address. If she lived around her, her parents were probably worried sick. Casey picked his gear up but couldn't hold all of it. He had an idea. "Hey, ya know what? Ya wanna be a little pick-pocket smart mouth? Carry this stuff. Don't want you outta my sight... an' the Dragons are bad news." he explained. People were looking but it didn't bother him as he walked her back home but they were waiting... The Purple Dragons, just around the corner. They smirked and beat their palms with the wood of a baseball bat, a metal chain and a few lead pipes.

"Oh shit," Casey sighed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "Not you creeps. Can't ya see we got a little babysitter problem? You mooks don't wanna watch her, I'm gonna take her back where someone will! Now get outta my way before I rearrange yer fa-" but they blocked him in. Casey glanced down at Angel and grabbed some things, namely a hockey stick. This wouldn't end well.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 am

Angel held his things and had half a mind to just drop his shit and run. Who did this guy think he was? Well, at least it didn't seem like he was turning her into the cops so that was good. She walked with him caring the heavy gear. Damn this shit was heavy! As they turned the corner she saw her gang and smiled. "Oh you are in so much trouble!" She sang. "This guy is trying to kidnap me!" She yelled to the guys and dropped his things on the ground. She wouldn't run too far though, just moving out of the way, she wanted to watch this guy get his ass kicked.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:37 am

Casey shrugged, chuckling. "You guys don't wanna do this... I'm serious..." but it was to no avail as they slowly started to approach him in numbers. They had the advantage to be certain but he still had a trump card of his own; an ID card in fact. He held it up for them to see. "Ooooh, lookie here! Not kidnappin' her, you chumps! I'm takin' her home t'this address here! So, I got her card. Who do ya think the cops are gonna believe? You scumbags... or me?" Casey asked, taunting them when he could. The Dragons were always bad news but they looked at one another and whispered something. The ID card was more valuable to them than it would be to Casey; but not right now. He tried to find her through the large crowd. The Dragons agreed on something in private. If the cops found all three, they would likely be taken in. But Angel was one of them now. Decisions, decisions...

"So, what's it gonna be? I'm gonna make sure this girl gets back home whether you fuckin' mooks like it or not! Now scatter before ya splatter!" Casey shouted, watching as a police car passed slowly down the street and seen them hop over a wooden fence. But Angel was still there. "Not runnin' with yer friends?.... Some friends... Leave you t'take the rap. This what you consider family? I'd hate t'see the reunions," he joked.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:42 am

Angel was very disapointed that there would be no fight. She watched as her gang ran off at the sight of the cop. She was thinking abought flaging the cop down and saying that this guy was trying to kidnap her. Maybe she could even say he tried to rape her. She had no criminal record and surly the cops would believe her. She was snapped back from her thoughts when the guy spoke to her. "Yeah well, they know I can take care of myself." She said and folded her arms. "Yer not bringing my back home, the last thing I need to hear is my grandmother preaching to me again. Now if you want to buy me some lunch, I might let you do that."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:48 am

Casey laughed, "Oh? You will, huh? Okay, let's go t'Tochy's. Best burger in the city!... You do like burgers, don't you?" Casey felt that maybe a small bond could be formed. As it was, he didn't blame her for trying to pick his pocket. He blamed the pansy wussies that ran from the sight of one cop that passed by and gave Casey and Angel a glare. But he turned off just up the road. Casey wasn't a moron though and had the idea the cop was just circling, just to be sure. He handed her back her ID. "I think you need t'respect yer grandma just a little bit, Angel. You think she likes bein' up, worryin' if yer every gonna come home? I know I wouldn't. Would you be okay if it was yer grandkid?" he questioned. He gave a jerk of his head and smirked as they made their way to Torchy's Bar.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

'Yeah I like burgers>' She smiled brightly. It wasn't that she was starving. Unlike some of the thugs on the street, she had a home to go to with dinner on the table every night. But a free meal was the best kind of meal and it had been a while sense she had a burger. ass casey talked to her, she struggled to carry his items. "I'll never have grandkids. and I'm not going to get hurt. I have protection." She beamed. Though, seeing her gang run off and leave her was not a good example of that. "Grandma worries for no reason, i know what I'm doing. And I think it's only fair that you tell me your name. You know mine after all."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 am

"Protection?" Casey scoffed, narrowing his eyes with a half-smirk as he looked down at her. "Those guys're yer protection? Funny way of protectin' you then," he insulted. It was their own fault if Angel couldn't pull off the job, not hers. She was a kid. A young teenager. Casey felt bad for her because he knew all about gangs and what it took to show loyalty and commitment. He looked at some of the bruises on her neck and a light one on her cheek. "Did yer protectors also do that t'you?" the concerned Casey asked. Angel mentioned her grandmother. They didn't seem to like one another too much. "I think yer grandma just wants what's best for you, is all. I get the smotherin' thing, only too well. My old man was like that... before... he died." It was this info that he hoped would open her eyes to her little 'friends' back there. He didn't tell her who, not yet. Not just yet.

"Name's Casey. Casey Jones," he smiled. He playfully put out his hand for her to shake, using the other to lighten her load and carry some of the things himself. He didn't think she would be going anywhere soon anyway.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 am

"Ok that group of guys is a bad example." Actually a lot of group of guys were a bad example. Some of the guys in the gang treated her like a little sister. Other guys, liked to beat her and push her around. But being the youngest and one of the only girls in the gang, that was bound to happen. She put a hand to her face and shifted a little uncomfortably. "Yeah some of the guys like to play rough." She told him.

"it's nice to meet you I guess. I don't usually get caught just so you know. You got lucky."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 am

"You guess, huh?" Casey asked rhetorically, playfully. "One thing I learned, kid, is all it takes is one time. You get caught, yer off the stuff fer good. That's with anything... especially stealin'," he explained. It was true. All it took was one time of getting caught and usually the perp was either so scared stiff they would never attempt it or knew better than to be doing it in the first place. Casey put this kid in both categories. "Why do you like those guys anyway? Whadda they do for you? If beatin' you up an' leavin' you t'the police is what attracts you t'them, get a new hobby." Casey playfully insulted as he smacked her arm with the back of his hand.

They approached Torchy's and he took all of the hockey gear and set it on the inside of the door as they walked in. He was greeted by the guys and the bartender whom Casey made friends with; he tossed a few rough guys out of his bar once or twice. He motioned for Angel to hop up in the bar seat as he leaned his side against it, facing her. "Go ahead, kid. Tell 'im what ya want. S'on me, Torch."
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 am

"I like being part of something powerful and the Dragons are the most powerful people in the city. Better to be with them then to be against them." She walked into the burger place and took a seat at the bar. She looked up at the menu. "I want a bacon cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake." She ordered. "Can I smoke in here?" Normally she wouldn't have asked, but figured if the guy was being nice enough to pay for her food and not turn her into the cops, she could at least make sure it was ok for her to smoke. It was a bar though so she didn't see why she couldn't smoke. She pulled out her cigs and popped one between her lips.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 am

Casey and Torchy talked for a few minutes and he smiled when Angel decided to order his famous bacon cheeseburger. But his smile turned into surprise when she whipped out her own pack of cigs right in front of him. Casey reached out and snatched it from between her lips and the pack in her hand. "Gimme those. What're you, some kinda punker? Yer, like, twelve... smokin' ain't allowed fer kids under 21 in this place. See any kids smokin'? No?" he asked in a more firm and stern tone of voice. God, what did The Dragons do to her? Torchy shook his head and handed her the order; even added something small for her, a cookie. On the house.

"Look, Angel, these Dragons... they're not who you think they are. Get me? They don't care about you, about yer grandma, about nobody but themselves. Ya need t'stop hangin' with them before ya get yerself in deep..." he cautioned.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:45 am

Angel frowned and went to grab her things back, but then a cookie was placed in front of her. "Oh cookie." She smiled and ate it happily. She then worked on the burger. She listened to Casey, but it was nothing she hadn't heard before. "I'll be fine. Not sure why you care so much anyway. You don't even know me. And the gang is my family. Plus you can't just leave ya know. There are consequences to leaving Hun. I've seen em, it's nothing nice. And some of them do care about me." She said with a mouth full. "You need to stop walking alone in Dragon territory before you get yer ass handed to you. Go bother the Turks or something." She smiled at Torchy. "this is really good. I'll have to hang out here more often." She looked back at Casey and sighed. "Yer not really bringing me back home are you. And for the record I'm 14, old enough to do as I please."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 am

Angel looked pouty until she was handed a delicious cookie to nibble on. Casey shook his head and smiled, watching her enjoy herself and her food. Had to respect a person who appreciated a good meal and Torchy was often the man to see if you had a nagging appetite. Unfortunately, this 'bar' title drew in the wrong crowds. Casey listened as she explained what he'd heard a million times before from people just like her, lost and rebellious; and then she mentioned his name... Hun! Casey grit his teeth and he didn't want to do this but there was no choice. He gently touched her shoulder and had tears welling up in his eyes. "Look, I know ya think ya belong with them creeps, Angel, but ya don't. You can do better than this! Sure, I don't know ya, but I do know that a lot of other people walk the same path as you an' they don't have a choice. You do," he explained, obviously very upset.

"Yer fourteen years old. Know how I old I was when my dad was murdered? My mom? Eight. An' you know who set fire to the building so they'd burn alive before my very eyes?... Do you?" he asked, evidently very unstable as Torchy looked on and was saddened by it every time he told it. Casey got drunk often. He lifted his eyes and stared at her, gripping her shoulder. "Hun. He killed my parents an' it haunts me every night. Get out while ya can, kid... it's not worth it."
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:45 am

"Sorry bout yer family and all. Hun does like burning shit. But i can't leave. Sorry. You'll have to find someone else to try and save." She continued eating her food. "You are a pretty cool guy though. So tell you what, I wont mug you when your back is turn." She smiled and finished up her burger and started to work on the fries. "Hun takes care of his own. I'm taken care of. I have fun. I have freedom." But she didn't really have freedom at all, she was stuck in the gang, never to get out. She reached out and gave Casey a pat. "Yer a good guy, Casey. How's about you an I go back to your place and have ourselves a good time."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 am

When Angel put her hand on Casey in that way, and he realized what she was proposing, he smacked her arm away rather aggressively. She wasn't taking this seriously at all. She just didn't understand and he couldn't teach her. "You think this is a goddamned joke, Angel? You wait... Wait 'til you upset Hun an' he comes for yer grandma! Then we'll see how 'taken care of' you really are! Torchy, fix her up an' get'er a cab. I'm outta here," Casey growled, gathering his things and heading for the door of Torchy's. She wanted to find out for herself? Fine. Some people had to learn the hard way and it seemed like this Angel kid wanted to be one of them.

'Too bad...', Casey thought to himself as he force open the doors and started on his way home.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:56 am

Turned down. That never happened before, she was a little hurt. "Hey! I thought you were taking me home." She called after him. She jumped off the stool and walked after him. "geeze a simple, i'm not interested, would have been fine. You didn't have to get all bitchy about it. And Hun don't even know about Grandma so she's safe." Least she thought that. truth was, Hun kept tabs on everyone in the gang, including their family. "And even if he did, I wouldn't upset Hun so I have nothing to worry about."

She walked on side of him and waved to Torchy. "I don't have anything to do tonight, so I'll let you walk me back home." She smiled up at him and looped her arm around his.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:00 am

Casey sighed and threw his head back in agitation as Angel followed and called after him. She was determined to make Hun be some 'savior of the masses' because he gave one stupid kid the choice of freedom; or what he defined as 'freedom'. Casey felt her arm loop around his own and shook his head. "Hun don't give a shit about you. You don't wanna wake up an' realize the truth? Too bad, kid. Hun's bad news an' you need t'get home and hug yer grandma because she's the only reason I'm tryin' t'bargain with ya here..." he explained, trying to make it plain as day. "Yer a stupid kid, ya know that?" he insulted and was only semi-serious this time. He pulled her in and gave her a pat on the back, ruffling her hair. "Where do ya live anyway?"
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am

"I'm not stupid." Angel protested. But she let out a giggle when he ruffled her hair. Thug or not, she was still a kid and still liked playing around, and she loved finding guys who treated her like a little sister. So she was really liking this guy, as annoying as he was.

"I live in the old apartments in Fordham in the Bronx. not to far from here actually. it's not the best place in the world to live, but our neighbors are pretty nice."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:44 am

The Bronx? No problem. Casey Jones knew his way around this city quite well. He had to on account of being kicked out of several league hockey teams for his violent behavior as a part of each one. "Alright, I'll take ya home, ya little brat." Casey playfully agreed but behind one the buildings some several feet away were The Dragons, and they watched Jones try and foil their intentions for Angel; and it was working. To Casey, all Angel needed was a big brother or sister to expel some of that energy and play with her or roughhouse a little with her. Casey assumed that role pretty damn well. He was curious why she didn't ask about all the gear and why he was lugging it around like that.

"I hear ya, though. I don't live in the best 'hood either. Always some kinda thug or criminal who needs t'be taught a lesson. So, what else do you do fer fun? Gotta do somethin' other than the Dragons twenty-four-seven..." he shrugged.
    Angel Alvarez
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Female

Post by Angel Alvarez on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:48 am

Angel had figured he was just some jock from all his gear. Not someone she usually would hang out with. "For fun? I do parkour! You know, free running? I can out run anyone. I like running the rooftops on breezy days. I just like running and feeling free. It's invigorating. What you do for fun? I'm guessing hockey. What team you on?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:37 am