Misery in Paradise

Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Re: Misery in Paradise

Post by Splinter on Fri May 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Leonardo wrote:"Left the hospital with Bishop!? With him? She wasn't kidnapped or anything, she just left with him?" Leo ran a hand over his head and sat down. why would she just leave with him? She might be in trouble. We need to find out where he was taking her."

Splinter had remained seated throughout Donatello's call with April, his ears twitching and straining to try and hear her part of the conversation better even though he was at least three feet away from the phone itself.

Things did not seem to be going well at the hospital. True, it seemed that Rini was out of any major danger, but then Donatello had relayed that Pepper had been seen leaving with none other than Bishop and the Rat's blood ran cold. 'How could she go off with him,' thought the old ninja master quickly. 'And to appear to go without chains or guns as the motivation?'

He was not so much a greenhorn as to believe that the only reason could be that Pepper worked for Bishop - though that was a very troubling thought in its own right - no, instead the old Rat wondered if it was something chemical. "Perhaps whatever has ended up in her system is affecting her in other ways ..." he mused out loud. "Making it easy for a person to give her 'suggestions' that she goes along with without a physical fight?"

After all, it would truly work to Bishop's advantage to sow mistrust between the members of their group... to make it seem to others as if she had not fought against leaving. And, if Leonardo's reaction was anything to go on, Splinter had the feeling that Pepper was important to his eldest son. That made it all that much more important to him that they get the young lady back safely. But how? That was the true puzzle.
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 am

Heads out to get their newest member Avani, a bright new student who just started out at the school. Had heard good things about this girl, so decided to allow her for hand how she'd do in combat if there was any. Heads towards the school. Informs the head master she is going to be borrowing some of his students.
    Avani
    Lurker

Female
    Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2013-03-11

Post by Avani on Sat May 18, 2013 11:24 am

Had been enjoying her time at the school, the first days had left her very busy with studies and very little time for herself. Which was fine since this is what she wanted. The headmaster had tested her on her first day, and was surprised by her self taught practice. He then went ahead and assigned her to be trained right away. Now she was being called to his office to find out what he needs her for. Enters the office.

"You wanted to see me headmaster?" bows to him as she enters the room.

The man nods, and motions for her to look off to her right and introduces her to Karai. Avani is in shock by this. Had never in her wildest dreams be noticed by Karai or even the Shredder himself which was her main goal.

"Karai has informed me she wanted to use fresh eyes out on patrol tonight, and I told her you were the best." He smiled at her.

"Yah I am;" Beams at the man and Karai.

"I'm totally up for this, when do we start." Looks at them both.

Last edited by Avani on Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Sat May 18, 2013 11:29 am

"Yes my father has a job for me to do, and I thought what better way for a student a chance to experience it first hand how we do things around here." Karai glances at the man.

"I don't see there being any problem Mistress. It would give Avani more practice than just in the dojo. Just make sure she is back for her classes tomorrow morning which start at nine a.m." Tells Karai as he wonders what this job is.

"Very well head master, she will be back tonight so everyone will sleep well tonight." Smiles at the man then motions for Avani to follow her.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Lexi wrote:Lexi wrapped her shaky arms around Raph and clung to him, still struggling to make sense of everything. "You.. promise?" She asked when he mentioned that he would always be there for her. He hadn't always been in the past, but she had to move past that. Then came his last comment and her paranoia began to act up. Did.. he know? Was it that obvious? Had Laz told him anything? Surely not. She was over thinking it, and boy did it hurt to think. She finally gave a soft nod, deciding that now was not the time for confessions. That would have to wait until she had a clear mind, and a clear heart.

"I'm.. sorry I pulled you away from your brothers." She told him, giving him an apologetic look. "Have you heard from them?"

Raph nodded to her question about would he always be there for her. "Yeah. I will." He knew he hadn't always been in the past, but he was definitely making an effort to change that. He didn't want to lose Lexi because of that. And now that they had a son together, it was even more important to stay together.

When she asked if he had heard from his family, he shook his head. "Not since last night..." he answered with a shrug. "An' don't worry 'bout it right now. You need me more than they do." Considering the last time he saw them was right before he stormed out of there, anyway, ready to beat the shit out of Bishop.

Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Gabriel on Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Serenity wrote:Serenity fed Jake then sat next to Gabe. "ready to sign the papers to our new place? I'm excited." She smiled brightly but it fell some. "i hope Lexi's ok. Maybe she would like to see the new place. let her get out for a while."

Gabriel smiled when Serenity joined him on the couch. He was still holding their daughter, who was now sleeping, obviously satisfied after devouring a bottle full of formula. "Sure, can't wait to get moved in." He grinned, but like Seren, it faltered when she mentioned Lexi.

"Yeah, would do her some good to get out.. but right now she's pretty messed up." He told her. "She can't even walk, babe. Raph just carried her by and went that way.." He pointed to the bathroom.

Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Sat May 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Leonardo wrote:
    Splinter wrote:"Left the hospital with Bishop!? With him? She wasn't kidnapped or anything, she just left with him?" Leo ran a hand over his head and sat down. why would she just leave with him? She might be in trouble. We need to find out where he was taking her."

He was not so much a greenhorn as to believe that the only reason could be that Pepper worked for Bishop - though that was a very troubling thought in its own right - no, instead the old Rat wondered if it was something chemical. "Perhaps whatever has ended up in her system is affecting her in other ways ..." he mused out loud. "Making it easy for a person to give her 'suggestions' that she goes along with without a physical fight?"

Don nodded, knowing how upset Leo had to be. "April said she looked like she was going with him willingly." It was troubling to say the least. But then Splinter mentioned something that made some sense about the situation. "I suppose it's possible. But that still doesn't explain why she was the target in the first place."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758

Post by Lexi on Sat May 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Raphael wrote:
    Raph nodded to her question about would he always be there for her. "Yeah. I will." He knew he hadn't always been in the past, but he was definitely making an effort to change that. He didn't want to lose Lexi because of that. And now that they had a son together, it was even more important to stay together.

When she asked if he had heard from his family, he shook his head. "Not since last night..." he answered with a shrug. "An' don't worry 'bout it right now. You need me more than they do." Considering the last time he saw them was right before he stormed out of there, anyway, ready to beat the shit out of Bishop.

Lexi clung to him, squeezing him tightly. It was what she needed to hear, but then came his last comment, and deep down she knew it would be impossible for him to always be there for her, even if he had just said that she needed him more than they did. But she couldn't think about that right now. Her drunken mind just didn't have the ability.

She nuzzled against his neck, the tears finally slowing, mainly due to sheer exhaustion. Her emotional exertions were physically draining. "I think.. we need a change of scenery." She whispered against his neck, referring to the bathroom. It wasn't where she wanted to spend the rest of her day. "I'm so tired." She told him, and she meant it, in every sense of the word. "I just want to snuggle with you."

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Sun May 19, 2013 5:28 am

Casey didn't feel the need to reciprocate such childish feelings toward Hun -- did April truly have that much of an affect on him? In usual circumstance, Casey would not have passed up such an opportunity to act immaturely with his worst enemy. But he was finally learning to restrain himself. To keep himself calm.

But Hun didn't approve...

The giant ape decided to get on his rival's worst nerve when he reached down and grabbed April by the arm. His force was enough to pull her to his massive body and keep her close, just to tease Casey. The vigilante quickly leaped to his feet, untied sneakers attached, as he growled at Hun. "Hey! Let'er go, Hun!"

But of course his words fell on deaf ears. Casey shook his head, gritting his teeth angrily. So much for that restraint, Casey thought inwardly. He had to act fast or lose April to the massive retard who was currently dragging her away! Then, Casey spotted one of the hospital's computers and grinned.

If anyone knew how to improvise a little chaos and to break a few things, it was Casey Jones, apartment handyman-for-hire.

"Hey, Hun! I said... let'er go ya big, dumb freak!" the vigilante snarled, swinging a big chunk of computer by what little monitor cord that was keeping it attached at the back. Casey was aiming for the head but would take any advantage at this point. After all, any advantage over Hun was well deserved.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Sun May 19, 2013 9:39 am

Leo grabbed his phone. "I'm going to call raph, we need everyone here if we're going to go after Bishop." He dialed Raph's number and waited for him to pick up. He really wished that Raph hadn't run off, they needed everyone together!
    Hun
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Male
    Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2009-08-23

Post by Hun on Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 am

Hun was struggling a little with April. The girl knew how to put up a fight, but he wasn't letting her go. He expected Casey to go after them, what he didn't expect was for Casey to toss a computer at his head. Luckily he turned in time to avoid being hit.

"Are you crazy!?" He asked and backed away.

The nurses were not happy about the fighting or the fact that one of the men was distroying hospital property. Security was quickly called and soon two officers came up to Casey and grabbed him.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Once of the men said. The other looked at Hun. "You too. All three of you, out! Now!"
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 am

Gabriel wrote:Gabriel smiled when Serenity joined him on the couch. He was still holding their daughter, who was now sleeping, obviously satisfied after devouring a bottle full of formula. "Sure, can't wait to get moved in." He grinned, but like Seren, it faltered when she mentioned Lexi.

"Yeah, would do her some good to get out.. but right now she's pretty messed up." He told her. "She can't even walk, babe. Raph just carried her by and went that way.." He pointed to the bathroom.

Seren glanced over to where Gabe pointed and sighed. "Poor girl, she has a lot going on.But she had to know being with one of the turtles wasn't going to be easy. people would kill to get their hands on the guys. I would be too scared to be invoved with any of them. I'll stick to sexy thugs."

Little did Seren know, her life was in danger. Gabe had an admirer who would do anything, and kill anyone to get what she wanted.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192

Post by Gabriel on Sun May 19, 2013 11:51 am

"Yeah, I'm sure she knew, but she prolly didn't realize just how difficult it would be." Gabe commented, shifting the sleeping bundle in his arms. "I always figured she hooked up with Raph because her own species had hurt her. But then you see how she is with Laz and how he seems to bring her to life..."

Yeah. Any fool could see that, even though he had tried to play it down when Aeris questioned him and practically asked his opinion. He didn't want to be caught in the middle of it. Seren's comment earned a small, lopsided grin. But, did she really think that being with him wasn't dangerous? He would always put his loved ones in danger, simply due to his past. But like Seren, he had no idea just how much danger Seren could be in, all thanks to his new psychotic admirer.

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Sun May 19, 2013 12:00 pm

Lazarus wrote:"I think they could do that. It would be nice for us to have some time to ourselves." He drove off once everyone was settled in. The ride would be a long one. but Laz brought snacks for everyone. "Maybe we can get a nice hotel for a few nights and just relax."

"Mmm... a hotel would be nice." She smiled at him and reached over to give his hand a squeeze. "We haven't really had a night to ourselves since we've been together." And that was taking its toll on her. It was hard to make a relationship work without intimacy.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Sun May 19, 2013 12:05 pm

Laz gave her hand a squeeze. "I know, and I'm sorry about that. But I'll make more of an effort to get us some time together without calls from unstable friends.

He drove a little faster on the long roads then slowed once he hit the city. He looked at the back seat through the mirror and smiled. "We're almost there."

Belle smiled brightly and bounced in her seat. "Gonna see mommy and daddy!"

"And your little brother. You're a big sister now you know."

Belle nodded her head. "Mmmhmm."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Sun May 19, 2013 12:38 pm

Aeris was glad that Laz would be making more of an attempt to make time for them. But she wondered how he would do that. His kindness was his biggest weakness, and she just couldn't see him denying someone in need... especially Lexi.

She couldn't help but smile at Belle's excitement. She knew the little girl missed her daddy, and she hoped that Marley and Remey would be able to come home soon.
    Rayne
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Female
    Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2013-05-16

Post by Rayne on Sun May 19, 2013 1:29 pm

It seemed that things were winding down and Rayne would have the rest of the day to do whatever she wanted. That was a rarity. Being one of the Foot's few head Elites, she was always busy, and carried the responsibility of training Shredder's up and coming Elite ninjas. She shared this responsibility with Xavier, and she took her job very seriously. Maybe a little too seriously for some of the younger ninjas. She was always professional, and had a mystique about her that most simply couldn't grasp.

She had been with the Foot for the majority of her life. It was what she knew. What she was good at. She had watched may come and go. Close friends killed, and others had left the group. Two of her closest were Remey and Lazarus. She had dated Remey years ago, but it hadn't worked out. Fortunately they remained professional and continued their friendship even after the split. But now both of the men she had once considered her closest friends were deemed traitors, and Remey had almost lost his life at the hands of the Shredder on more than one occasion.

Despite her devotion to Saki and the fact that both men had betrayed her master, she still cared for them. They had been a huge inspiration in her life and had been in her training group when she had come of age. Their paths had drifted, but every now and then she would catch wind about the two she missed the most. While she hadn't heard much about Laz here lately, it seemed that Remey was doing good for himself. He was engaged and now had an infant son. She knew where he was, and had for a few days now, but knew the risks of visiting. But it seemed that her master was occupied for the day, and her old friend had been weighing on her mind all day. It would be good to see a familiar face, and this would be a good opportunity for her to unwind a little.

Rayne headed back to her apartment to change out of her uniform, opting for a pair of black dress pants and a matching blouse. It was no secret as to her favorite color. She was still a little unsure about her decision to visit her friend, but she would be careful. She was an Elite, after all. Surely she could manage a hospital visit without being detected. But she couldn't visit empty handed, so made a quick stop at a little gift shop and bought a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers for the new mother, and a stuffed bear for the little one, then headed to the hospital, always mindful of her surroundings.

She finally reached the room and knocked softly on the door, hoping that she wasn't disturbing them...

Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sun May 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Lexi wrote:
    Lexi clung to him, squeezing him tightly. It was what she needed to hear, but then came his last comment, and deep down she knew it would be impossible for him to always be there for her, even if he had just said that she needed him more than they did. But she couldn't think about that right now. Her drunken mind just didn't have the ability.

She nuzzled against his neck, the tears finally slowing, mainly due to sheer exhaustion. Her emotional exertions were physically draining. "I think.. we need a change of scenery." She whispered against his neck, referring to the bathroom. It wasn't where she wanted to spend the rest of her day. "I'm so tired." She told him, and she meant it, in every sense of the word. "I just want to snuggle with you."

Raph was more than ready to get out of that stuffy bathroom, too. He nodded, standing up and took her hand. "Can ya walk yet?" he asked, glancing at the door. He was mostly curious. Of course, he wouldn't mind carrying her if she wanted him to.

Leonardo wrote:Leo grabbed his phone. "I'm going to call raph, we need everyone here if we're going to go after Bishop." He dialed Raph's number and waited for him to pick up. He really wished that Raph hadn't run off, they needed everyone together!

Raph was about to help Lexi stand up when his phone started ringing. "Hold that thought..." He sighed heavily then let go of her hand to answer his phone after checking the caller ID. "Yeah?"
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Sun May 19, 2013 1:37 pm

"Raph. I hope everything has settled down on your end because we really need to back here. Bishop went to the hospital and left with Pepper, I don't know why. But we have to get her back and bring him down.So the sooner you can get back at April's place the better."
    Remey
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by Remey on Sun May 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Remey was starting to get a little tired of the hospital. He missed Belle and the farm house. He hated leaving his kid with laz for so long, he would have to make it up to him. But really he was just tired of being there. But he wouldn't leave. Marley needed him and he would stay by her side. both Marley and Loki were doing well so he was thankful for that, and was hopeful that they could leave soon.

when he heard the knock at the door, he assumed that it was a nurse or doctor. Usually they knocked before they came in, but when no one came in he raised a brow at Mar.

"Uh...Come in." He finally said turning back to the door.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 am

Leonardo wrote:"Raph. I hope everything has settled down on your end because we really need to back here. Bishop went to the hospital and left with Pepper, I don't know why. But we have to get her back and bring him down.So the sooner you can get back at April's place the better."

Oh, this was just fuckin' perfect! He just got done saying how he wasn't going anywhere until Lexi was feeling better. And now he had to leave again. "Great," he mumbled less than enthusiastically. He was more pissed off at Bishop now than ever. Why? Because it was always his damn fault!

Raph gripped the phone tightly in his hand, trying not to lose his temper yet again. He took a few deep breaths before he tried speaking again. "I'll be there when I can," he promised. But that didn't mean he was leaving right that second. Lexi needed him there right now, dammit!
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Mon May 20, 2013 11:40 am

"Not went you can, Raph. Now. You shouldn't have run off like that in the first place. Your family needs you. I'll see you soon." With that Leo hung up and started to pace the kitchen. He hated waiting. but he didn't want to run into Bishop's lab unprepared. He finally sat back down. "Maybe we should stake out the lab, see what we're dealing with."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Raphael wrote:

Raph was more than ready to get out of that stuffy bathroom, too. He nodded, standing up and took her hand. "Can ya walk yet?" he asked, glancing at the door. He was mostly curious. Of course, he wouldn't mind carrying her if she wanted him to.

Lexi would have made an attempt at standing, but then Raph's phone demanded his attention so she hesitated, just in case her legs were still uncooperative. She didn't even have to ask who was on the other line. Leo's voice could be heard through the receiver, and the urgency in his tone was unmistakable. She sighed inwardly, that small hope of having any time alone with him completely gone now. His brother's needed him, and despite her own needs, she couldn't be selfish enough to ask him to stay.

She waited until he was off the phone, then attempted to meet his gaze with her hazy and tear filled eyes. "What's wrong?"

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Was that demanding he heard from Leo? In Raph's mind, he couldn't believe it. He really didn't realize what hell Raph had gone through in the past 48 hours? All the shit that kept happening? The fact that he could never catch a break? And now...abandoning his girl AGAIN because 'duty' calls. Fuck it all!

After the call, Raph slowly pulled the phone from his ear then closed it. He looked calm on the outside but inside he was screaming a constant string of profane words -- over and over and over again. It just wasn't fucking fair! When would he be able to actually relax and unwind and SPEND TIME with one side of his family and not have to worry about his other side being in danger!

He was afraid the answer to that would be never. They would always have enemies. They probably never would know what it meant to truly relax if they kept living in that goddamned city! He needed to get away again. He may have just gotten back, but all the pressure was making him want to retreat and just go somewhere and hide until everything passed.

He was...tired. Tired of living day to day and not knowing if his family would remain safe. Tired of fighting and not getting anywhere. Tired of fucking hiding because of what they were. And most of all...tired of being hunted by every enemy they had ever known. Whether Raph wanted to admit it or not, their enemies came closer every time to destroying them altogether.

It was getting to the point where Raph didn't want to fight anymore. And that was a strange thought from him. He used to love getting into scuffles and coming out the victor. What happened those good ol' days? The answer was simple. Raph was getting closer and closer to his utter breaking point.

Raph finally looked at Lexi, sighing heavily. "I...gotta go," he said in a voice that was close enough to anguish. It wasn't. Fucking. FAIR!!!
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 pm

...and her fears were confirmed. He would be leaving her. The news was suffocating, and despite her best attempts to not let that show, in her current condition, it was obvious. Obvious in her heartbroken gaze, obvious in the tear that rolled down her cheek, which she was quick to wipe away. He had to break his promise to her; a promise he never should have made. He could never completely be there for her, and she knew that. Still, it didn't make it hurt any less. But obviously he was needed more elsewhere. Even if he wasn't telling her what was going on.

She wanted to give him an 'okay', to release him from his promise but she couldn't form the word. Instead, she just gave a faint nod and attempted to push herself up from the stool. She had to. Had to get used to doing this on her own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:27 pm