Misery in Paradise

Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Re: Misery in Paradise

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 pm

...But Raph wasn't going to let her do this on her own. "No, wait." As long as he was around, he was going to help her. He had to! As for his promise, he was still going to keep that. No matter what.

He helped her up from the stool, sliding his arm around her. "WE...are gonna get ya back into bed." He left no room for argument. Surely he could spare a few minutes...maybe an hour. He owed her at least that much!
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 pm

She was hurt, so instinctively she wanted to push away from him, but she was grasping for any small ounce of comfort she could get, so she allowed him to assist her. Her legs felt heavier than before, but with his help, they made it into the bedroom...

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 2:45 pm

But Raph wasn't stopping there. He helped her get into bed then laid down next to her, pulling her close. Right now, he didn't care that he had others waiting on him. He needed Lexi so badly now. He needed her comfort and support. He decided right then and there that he would make it an hour before he went anywhere.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 pm

...and Raph wasn't the only one in need. She wasn't expecting him to lay down next to her, but it was a welcomed surprise. She wasn't sure how long she would have him for, but she would make the most of it. She snuggled next to him, melting into his arms. God, how she needed this. It had been too long since it had been just the two of them, and how wonderful it would have been if she could have the day with him. Laz had been generous enough to babysit so they could have just that, but it seemed fate forbid it. This wouldn't last.. she knew that.

She nuzzled against his neck, finding much needed contentment in this moment, so much so that she could finally allow her eyes to close, but she wouldn't dare fall asleep and waste what little time she had with him.

".. you didn't tell me why you have to leave..." She reminded him, feeling that she deserved that much.

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Raph closed his eyes and took in her scent. He really missed this closeness. And he knew it couldn't last but he would make the most of it. His eyes opened again and he frowned, not wanting to think about himself having to leave so soon, but he knew Lexi needed an answer.

"Bishop's taken Leo's girl and we gotta go rescue her..." he began, sighing heavily again. He could feel his temper starting to boil again before he even said the next part. "She went with him without a fight." He took a few more deep breaths and let them out slowly...

"We need ta take that bastard out for good."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Of course it had to do with Bishop and apparently he had kidnapped Pepper, but hearing that last bit sent up red flags, and she remembered what she had been meaning to tell him. But after Pepper had risked her own life to save her and Phin, she had hesitated. She opened her eyes and looked at him, now regretting that she had even asked. It had taken away from their moment, but she had been foolish to believe she would ever genuinely have that.

She sighed inwardly, knowing what she had to do. Even if it would take away from what small amount of time she had with him. He had to know. It could mean the difference between life and death for his brothers as they went into whatever it was they were going in to.

"I have something to show you..." She told him, and shifted just enough to snag her purse from the nightstand. It took her a moment, but she finally unearthed the Laboratory I.D. card that had Pepper's picture on it, directly linking her to Bishop and his operations. She handed it to him, frowning deeply.

"This fell out of her purse when we were leaving, and I was going to show it to you sooner... but then she saved me, so I thought she was genuinely on our team." She told him. Still, she had every intention of showing him, but there had been so much chaos in between then and now and this had been the first chance she had. "She used to work for him, Raph. I don't know if she still does, but there's more to her story than she's told us..."

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Raph took the card from Lexi. At first he just stared at it. But as he listened to Lexi's explanation, he began seeing more and more red. At first, he wasn't sure whom he was more furious with -- Pepper or Lexi. His gaze hardened on the photo on the ID card.

He felt betrayed by both of them. He wasn't quite as surprised with Pepper since he kept getting an uneasy feeling every time he was around her. And now he knew why. But he didn't expect it from Lexi...at all. Maybe Pepper DID save Lexi and Phin, but she still should have told him when she first found out.

"What?!" Now he turned his glare on Lexi. "Ya should've told me!" He wasn't sure what to think anymore. And, his biggest question had to be: did Leo know about any of this. Raph was pretty sure the answer was 'no'. But it still didn't matter.

Raph got up from the bed, shaking with rage. He still held onto the card but the next time he looked at it, he let out a growl and snapped it in two, throwing it across the room and began to pace...
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Lexi was expecting him to be mad, but she wasn't expecting any of his anger to be directed towards her. Hurt didn't even begin to describe what she was feeling right now. She continued to upset him, and this was the second instance within a short amount of time that he had gone off on her.

"...I haven't had a chance, Raph!" She defended, her hurt turning into anger. "I haven't had one fucking minute alone with you since I found that card... and I've been attacked not once, but twice since then!!" And despite her agitation, the tears were once again falling. She just couldn't do anything right. She laid back on the bed and covered her face with her hands, just wishing that it would all go away.

"I just keep disappointing you..."

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 3:55 pm

After seeing Lexi break down AGAIN, all the fight went out of him. With a defeated sigh, he sat down on the bed again. "Shit, I'm sorry, Lex. It's just that..." he trailed off, knowing she was right. This was the first time she had a chance to say anything about it.

He looked down at the floor, balling his fists up and tried again to tell her what he wanted to say. "We lead her straight to the only place I felt safe..." he said in a voice barely above a whisper.

Now the truth was out. If Bishop wanted to get information out of Pepper -- even if she wasn't working for him anymore -- she'd tell him exactly where the farmhouse is. And despite it's secluded location, Bishop wouldn't have much trouble finding it.

"No place is safe for us anymore..."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 4:13 pm

This wasn't a good situation. They were both hurt and fragile and emotions were on high. Her thoughts had been echoing Raph's words for days now, so she would be lying if she tried to reassure him and tell him that everything would be okay, and they would have a fairy tale ending. That just wasn't going to happen. They would be fighting until their last breath was drawn, and that was a peace that both of them would have to make with themselves.

He was just as broken as she was, and that was evident in his tone. Her irritation with him quickly dissolved and she shifted to look at him, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, wishing she could return to his arms, but she had ruined that moment. Maybe she deserved all of this.

"I wish that I could tell you everything would be okay, and that we could one day be safe... but I can't." She sniffled. "But, we're still breathing.. as painful as it is.That has to count for something."

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Raph let out a little amused snort. "Yeah." Then without hesitation, he took Lexi into his arms and held her close. He just couldn't keep doing this to himself -- or the ones he deeply cared about. He just couldn't keep going like this. Something had to give.

And right now, it was his emotions as he finally let the tears fall for the second time in two days, not caring if she saw them.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 4:33 pm

And his emotions finally broke, and she witnessed the tears that had the ability to rip out her heart. She knew it took a lot to bring him to the point of tears, and she just couldn't stand seeing him hurt. She squeezed him tightly, wishing she knew how to comfort him, wishing she could steal his pain. She would suffer the double load if it meant that he wouldn't have to, but that was an ability that she just didn't have.

She carefully brushed away his tears with her thumbs and pressed a kiss against his snout, once again squeezing him tightly. "I Love you, Raph." She told him. Maybe she couldn't tell him that everything would be okay because she was also doubtful, but her love for him was the one reassurance that she could give him...

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 4:40 pm

As much as Raph wanted to stop the tears, they just kept falling. Even after she told him she loved him. That only made the tears come faster as he held her tightly. "Love you too," he whispered back, not trusting his voice anymore.

They sat there for a few minutes and finally the tears had ceased, but Raph still couldn't let her go. He was clinging to her like a child would a security blanket or their favorite stuffed animal.

"Everythin's so fucked up."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

She laid there with him, curled up in his arms, her own tears slowly starting to subside. Not because she was feeling less burdened, that was far from it. She was just so emotionally exhausted. She was also clinging to him in much the same way. He was her life line; a safety net at the end of her fall, even though he was falling, too.

She nuzzled and kissed him, and once again wiped at his tears before burying her face against his neck. She rested there for a moment, but slowly looked up when he mentioned exactly what she was feeling. She gave a slow nod, conveying her agreement.

"Maybe it will be okay..." She told him. It was as close to a reassurance as she could get right now, even if 'maybe' was a stretch. She felt completely hopeless, but that didn't mean that he should, too. He had his brothers, and he had friends that loved and cared for him. That was much more than she could say. She only had Raph... and Laz. Probably the only two people that cared anything for her.

"No, you will be okay, Raph. You're not alone in this."

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Raph had snuck in a few kisses of his own in their very small (all too brief) make-out session. He really didn't want to leave her now. Not again. The last time had been disastrous. He knew she would be safer at the farmhouse than where he was going, otherwise he would ask if she wanted to come.

Then there was Pheonix. They had needed this time together. Even though they had a brief argument but now there were together again, in each other's arms. Just the way it should be. But now that he had his emotions firmly in-check again, he should really call Leo and tell him about his 'catch'.

But, he still couldn't let Lexi go. It would be so hard to leave her this time. They were both so vulnerable right now. As a few minutes ago had just shown. Once he left, he wasn't sure when he could come back. But he would be back as soon as possible.

But first, he wanted to stay with Lexi a little bit longer. He kissed her softly and continued holding her.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 pm

That small ounce of contentment was once again beginning to creep back in, and Lexi wondered if she should brace herself for another interruption, but for once, it didn't come. It wouldn't immediately, anyway. But she knew that he couldn't stay with her. His brothers needed him, and it would only be a matter of time before Leo called and reminded him of his other obligations.

She returned every soft kiss, and gently nuzzled his neck. "This is nice." She told him, allowing a hint of a grin to tug across her lips. "Even though our lives are spiraling in chaos, I feel like nothing can touch me when you're holding me..."

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 pm

This made Raph smile and he held her tighter. "Then I promise ya I'll hold ya like this every chance I get." Then he kissed her softly again. He knew he would have to leave soon, but he wasn't going to just yet. His mission was still making Lexi as comfortable as possible before he went anywhere.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm

His comment earned another hint of a grin, and she once again allowed her heavy eyelids to close. She was finally starting to feel at ease, but she knew it couldn't last. He would be leaving her soon and there was nothing she could do to make him stay. That was made bluntly obvious when he told her that he had to go, despite her current state. His family would always take priority, it was something she had to accept. And if Leo was demanding that he return home, then the leader felt that they needed him more. That fact was almost suffocating, and she knew it would be a difficult thing for Raph. Maybe she could make this a little easier for him, even if she was crumbling inside and knowing that he would leave her was suffocating.

Her eyes remained closed and her grip on him slowly loosened and she pretended to be asleep. She felt that this would be easier for him if he felt that she would sleep through his absence, and she wouldn't even miss him... but she was crying on the inside.

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Raph really thought she was asleep, but he was still refusing to let her go. She really needed him. He couldn't leave her like this! And he needed her. He knew he messed up in the past, but he didn't want history to repeat itself. No, he would stay for a little bit yet.

But first, he needed to get her more comfortable. As carefully as possible, he laid her down on the bed again then curled up behind her, his arm around her protectively. He didn't care how long it took. He would remain by her side as long as he possibly could.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Lexi was extremely grateful that Raph wouldn't be leaving right away. Even though her act was obviously convincing and he thought that she was asleep, he still stuck around. It confirmed that he actually wanted to be there for her, and it made her feel guilty for ever having any doubts, but he had given her reasons to be skeptical before. But not now. He could have left right away, but he didn't. For the moment, she had his warmth and support, and she would savor every second of that.

Male

Post by Raphael on Tue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Raph just laid there quietly with Lexi in his arms. He tried closing his own eyes but he was anything but peaceful right now. He knew what was to come and was both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

And of course, he would be leaving Lexi for god only knows how long. He wished there was something he could give her while he was gone. He cursed himself for not bringing any clothes with him so he could go into town and pick something up.

Raph let out a quiet sigh and buried his snout into the back of her neck, taking in her scent as his eyes finally closed. This would have to do for now. But before he returned, he would make damn sure to give Lexi something to make it up to her for him having to bail on her yet again.
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 am

Karai led Avani to the warehouse Shredder told her about and started to look around the place with her. She showed her what her job was as a ninja and how to do it, as she saw the Rat King. Once inside the building Karai approached him, "And what do we have here?" Smirks a little bit as she folds her arms and looks at the man.
    Rayne
    Foot Ninja OC
    Foot Ninja OC

Female
    Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2013-05-16

Post by Rayne on Wed May 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Remey wrote:Remey was starting to get a little tired of the hospital. He missed Belle and the farm house. He hated leaving his kid with laz for so long, he would have to make it up to him. But really he was just tired of being there. But he wouldn't leave. Marley needed him and he would stay by her side. both Marley and Loki were doing well so he was thankful for that, and was hopeful that they could leave soon.

when he heard the knock at the door, he assumed that it was a nurse or doctor. Usually they knocked before they came in, but when no one came in he raised a brow at Mar.

"Uh...Come in." He finally said turning back to the door.

Hearing the familiar voice of her old friend, Rayne peeped her head inside, a smile stretching across her lips as she saw Remey. She hadn't seen him since he'd gotten on her master's bad side, and was nearly killed. That had been over a year ago, and the guy had several close calls since then. Rumor had it that he was now handicapped, and required the aid of a cane to get around. That was heartbreaking. Remey had always been a sweet guy, he didn't deserve that.

"Hey...I hope that I'm not intruding..." She said as she stepped inside, closing the door behind her. She held a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the new mother, who much to her relief, didn't seem upset that some strange woman was now standing in her room...
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed May 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Splinter listened as Leonardo called his brother, and sighed. It was bad enough that the lair had been invaded once more by the Mousers, and that his sons had had to see nearly all of their 'girls' get hurt. His ears and whiskers twitched as his heart contracted. Shen! The Rat's ears, however, flattened atop his head when Leonardo demanded that Raphael come back to the city so that they could go after Bishop.

"Leonardo," Splinter burst out as soon as his eldest had hung up on Raph. "it is unwise for you to go making demands when your brother has other responsibilities to live up to." His voice was firm, but it was with some trouble that he managed to keep it steady and not let it go into something closer to a yell. "He has a family of his own now, and he must do what is best for them first - his ties to us are now secondary." His eyes were shut, so that he could concentrate better, but he could feel the shocked look bursting onto Leonardo's face.

"It is as I would expect out of each of you, in fact," he uttered, attempting to bring himself under better control. "Donatello has Rini, you have Pepper, and Michelangelo has Freya ... and I fully expect each of you to think of them and their safety before you think of our initial family group. That is what it is to be an adult with a loved one."

Perhaps he was taking the 'wind' out of his son's sails, as one old expression had it, but Leonardo needed to know that if Raphael didn't come back like a flash then Splinter was certainly not going to be the type to chastise him for it. "Now, without wasting time thinking about where your absent brother may, or may not, be ... do you have any other ideas we can work with?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 23, 2013 3:02 am

Soon they were pulling up at the hospital. Laz parked near the front of the building and turned the van off. "we're here." He announced to the kids. He got out the van and opened the back door for the kids.

Belle jumped out and looked around, excited to see her dad again. She missed him so much!

Laz carefully pulled Phoenix out and wrapped him in a blanket, making sure to cover him up. "Ok lets head in."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm