Misery in Paradise

Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Re: Misery in Paradise

Post by Raphael on Thu May 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Raph kept going back and forth on letting Phoenix go with this man until Laz came back over so Raph could hand him the kid. He still wasn't liking it, but gave Laz the child, nodding when he told Raph about Lexi's physical wound. "Yeah." After Phoenix was secured in Laz's arms, Raph took Lexi in his arms, then looked up at Laz again, muttering a quick 'thanks'.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Laz carefully took the child and held him close. "He's in good hands." He assured Raph. He then walked out of the room to leave Raph and Lexi alone. He went back in the kitchen and kissed Aeris cheek. "We're babysitting one more today." He informed.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Thu May 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Raphael wrote:Raph kept going back and forth on letting Phoenix go with this man until Laz came back over so Raph could hand him the kid. He still wasn't liking it, but gave Laz the child, nodding when he told Raph about Lexi's physical wound. "Yeah." After Phoenix was secured in Laz's arms, Raph took Lexi in his arms, then looked up at Laz again, muttering a quick 'thanks'.

Lexi tensed as she felt Raph touch her, but quickly melted into his arms. She finally removed her hands from her face but couldn't make eye contact with him, not yet...

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Thu May 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz carefully took the child and held him close. "He's in good hands." He assured Raph. He then walked out of the room to leave Raph and Lexi alone. He went back in the kitchen and kissed Aeris cheek. "We're babysitting one more today." He informed.

Aeris and the girls were setting breakfast on the table when Laz finally entered, Phin cradled in his arms. "Oh, managed to find another kid, did you?" She quirked a brow at him, slightly annoyed, but not about the baby turtle. She was still irritated with Lexi's behavior and the mess she had left the kitchen in. Now that Laz had Phin, she assumed that the trip to the hospital was off, because it was too dangerous to take the mutant child there.

As she set the plates, she noticed the blood smears that adorned Laz' shirt. She quickly rounded the table to give him a close inspection... "Are you okay?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 09, 2013 2:03 pm

"Yeah, babysitting to give Lexi and raph a chance to chill out. I'll just have to make sure he's covered up when we go to the hospital." Laz watched Aeris circle him and looked over at her. "Oh that? I'm ok. Lexi hurt her wrist. I'll change after breakfast."

Laz sat down at the table and Belle ran up to him to see the baby. She smiled and very softly patted his head before returning to her seat.

Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu May 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, it seemed that they were still going to the hospital. She still didn't think it was a good idea to carry along a baby mutant, but she wouldn't question him. It was a huge relief that he wasn't injured. She didn't need anything else to worry about, but his comment about Lexi had her wondering. She fixed the plates and took a seat at the table, figuring the others would venture in soon enough. She had made enough for everyone at the cabin, but she wasn't going room to room to gather everyone up. Maybe she would be nice and tell them as they were leaving, if no one showed up by then.

"Hurt herself?" She asked, quirking a brow. "Didn't she slit her wrists not too long ago?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Laz thanked Aeris and, holding the baby in one arm started to eat. "Yeah she did. She hurt her wrist again. She's a mess. I don't really know how to help her. I suggested she go to a hospital but she wont go."
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Serenity slept in that morning and woke feeling very refreshed. She got up and got dressed then checked on Jake who was up. She got Jake dressed and then the two of them headed out of the room to the smell of food.

She passed up Gabe and gave him a kiss. "Morning, love." Today was the day they would sign the papers from for the house. Seren was very excited. She then headed to the kitchen and smiled at everyone. "Morning."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female

Post by Aeris on Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Aeris frowned at that. That was twice that Lexi had attempted to kill herself, and she wasn't sure of the extent of her new wound. Of course, she had no idea that her pervious attempts weren't because she wanted to die. An accidental overdose and an attempt to 'exit out' before living through another brutal rape were on a different level than premeditated suicide.

"If she won't go, someone should make her." She told Laz and began to pick at her breakfast. "You say you don't know how to help her, I think that could be a way."

Despite her mood, she managed a little smile at Seren when she joined them in the kitchen. "Morning. Sleep well?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm

"I can't do that." Laz said with a sigh. He ate his food and gave Seren a smile. "Morning."

Seren greeted them and sat down at the table after getting Jake some food and herself a glass of milk. "Someone should go to the hospital? what's wrong?" She asked.

Laz filled Seren in on Lexi and Serenity shook her head. "I don't know if forcing her in a hospital will work. But if she tries to kill herself, maybe it is the best option. I can talk to her about if you want. I do some volenteer work at the mental hospital. maybe I could see about getting her some help."

Laz nodded. "Lets just see if Raph can calm her down first. If things get worse then we'll talk about sending her someplace."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Leonardo wrote:leo fixed himself a cup of coffee and sat down across from Don. "I think I'm going to call raph, tell him he needs to come back so we can figure out what to do." He looked into his cup."Have you heard from April yet?" he asked then heard Splinter ask the same thing. He sighed deeply.

"Last I heard, Pepper was in quarantine because she was having a reaction to something."

And Don didn't have anything new to report either. "Not yet, Sensei," he replied, staring down into his cup. "I haven heard anything since April called me last night. Rini was in stable condition."
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Thu May 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Splinter sighed, and sat down at the kitchen table with a nice hot cup of tea, leaning his cane up against the table on his left - where he could grab it easily should the need to defend himself or the others come up.

It was hard to see his sons having to deal with their current situation, but he was extremely grateful that things had not turned out worse. He was sure it could have easily been so much worse. His whiskers twitched as the nightmare vision reinserted itself into his head then: his sons, bleeding and bruised themselves, each on his knees next to his very own dearly loved one ... and the girls? All dead. Around them, silent as a grave, a smashed sea of mousers. And Splinter, himself, leaning heavily on his cane with no words to utter. He had to close his eyes and take in a deep breath to deal with the image properly.

Still gazing into his tea, however, Splinter spoke quietly. "Where one finds life, one also finds hope." He was not sure if he said it for his sons' benefit, or for his own. He did not even know if they had heard him at all. No matter - what was said was said, and could no longer be altered. The old Rat smirked at the fact that that truth had taken him two lifetimes, it seemed, to learn. "If they are still alive, then there is the hope that you will hold them once more. Soon, I hope."

With his words hanging in the air, Splinter went back to quietly sipping his tea, even as his ears flattened down to his skull when Michelangelo and Freya snored simultaneously somewhere nearby.
    Rat-King
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2013-03-23

Post by Rat-King on Fri May 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Casey shot his red-headed love a warm smile as he noticed her off in the distance. She approached with his food and a drink in one hand. Truth be told, Casey was pretty hungry and he hadn't eaten anything since he had a slice of her leftover pizza; and that was a while ago. He took the food and started chewing on the delicious bacon strips, with the added biscuit, glancing up at April.

She had to call the guys back home and Casey understood. She had checked up on the girls there while he sat with a bunch of old, sick people on every side of him. It wasn't his idea of fun but he gave up on that idea a long time ago. Casey gave her a nod as April once more left him to his food and the swarm of family members on either side of him, front, back and side-to-side.

"Hey," Casey alerted, turning to one of the older women sitting next to him. "Ya know if this place gets the hockey channel?" the long-haired vigilante and self-proclaimed fanatic asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Mousers began chewing and chomping their way through the building as Rat King and his rodent army withstood their ground. They were a tight-knit family and it was the way their royal majesty intended. He considered himself one of his whiskery brethren and therefore the Mousers were his enemies, too!

"Come! I will destroy all of you! How did you know we were here?!" Rat King demanded a response. He was not pleased to learn that his abandoned factory-home was so easy to intrude upon. True, the little kids and the teenagers liked to spook themselves but this wasn't like their innocent haunt games and scary tales.

This was serious.

Rat King slammed the lead pipe, even pulling off boards from the factory windows, to injure the robotic nightmares as best he could. They were plenty and there were more where these came from - Rat King would have to locate this treacherous enemy and subdue them! He would hold them at this lair and torture them, letting his rats feast on their flesh!

Unbeknownst to the goings on behind him, Rat King was under attack. A handful of the robotic assailants were swarming him and fast - but he was not without help! Ben, the biggest of his rats, ordered the 'pawns' to do their job and save their royal rodent majesty! The rats scattered the walls, reaching the ceiling rafters, chewing the metal bars off with their sharp little teeth, causing rafters to crash down and topple the swarming monstrosities. No monsters would take his home! Rat King quickly turned and realized...

Ben saved his life. His loyal subjects loved their leader and proved so today. Rat King was greatly impressed with Ben and Socrates but there were still a few of them still around. He would handle them, turning, the scene growing very dark and grim, panning out to reveal nothing but cybernetic pleas of mercy.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Fri May 10, 2013 12:16 pm

April sat on the couch with her food in her lap. She sat close to Casey and grabbed her phone. She was not looking forward to telling the guys about Bishop. She thought on who to call, Leo or Don? She finally decided on calling Don and dialed his number. She put the phone to her ear and waited for him to pick up.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Lexi wrote:
    Lexi tensed as she felt Raph touch her, but quickly melted into his arms. She finally removed her hands from her face but couldn't make eye contact with him, not yet...

Raph was glad to see her face again, but she still wouldn't meet his eyes. He sighed heavily, keeping his tone soft, "Babe, look at me." He really wanted to know what possessed her to do this to herself. Yeah, he knew she was under a lot of stress -- that's something they had in common. But usually Lexi could hold it together better than this. It was extremely painful to see her fall apart like this.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat May 11, 2013 10:06 am

She snuggled in his arms but was still hesitant to meet his gaze, even as he requested it. She knew that her condition only added to his hurt, and he didn't need that right now, but things had gotten out of control and she couldn't put a handle on herself. It took her what seemed like forever, but she finally concluded that he at least deserved to look her in the eyes. She had messed up, and it was time to own up to it, but she couldn't find her voice in order to verbalize her apology. Her tear-filled gaze conveyed it all...

Male

Post by Raphael on Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

Raph could read so much into that expression. Pain, anguish, fear...the list went on. And Raph was familiar with every one of them. Instead of demanding to know what happened, instead he took a more subtle approach, seeing how fragile she looked right now.

"Let's get this taken care of," he spoke in a soft whisper, brushing some hair out of her face. He moved slowly to the edge of the bed, hoping she would follow him to the bathroom. He really didn't want to leave her side when she was like this.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat May 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Lexi was grateful that the questions didn't come, but she knew it was just a matter of time. Maybe by then she would be better suited to answer them, if she even figured it out herself. It seemed as if he expected her to follow him and she would give it her best attempt. She slowly slid to the edge of the bed and sat there for a moment, trying to steady the dizziness before proceeding. Her hair was a mess. Last night's mascara and eyeliner smudged her face, along with smears of her own blood. She hadn't seen her reflection, nor would she have cared.

After a few minutes she finally forced herself onto wobbly legs and took an unsteady step in his direction, but stumbled into him...

Female

Post by Aeris on Sun May 12, 2013 10:09 am

Lazarus wrote:"I can't do that." Laz said with a sigh. He ate his food and gave Seren a smile. "Morning."

Seren greeted them and sat down at the table after getting Jake some food and herself a glass of milk. "Someone should go to the hospital? what's wrong?" She asked.

Laz filled Seren in on Lexi and Serenity shook her head. "I don't know if forcing her in a hospital will work. But if she tries to kill herself, maybe it is the best option. I can talk to her about if you want. I do some volenteer work at the mental hospital. maybe I could see about getting her some help."

Laz nodded. "Lets just see if Raph can calm her down first. If things get worse then we'll talk about sending her someplace."

Aeris knew that Laz would never force Lexi to seek help. He was much too nice for that, but sometimes 'tough love' was required, and having been dealt it many times herself, she wasn't afraid to disperse it. But it would do more good if it were Laz or Seren since Aeris wasn't as close to Lexi.

"Even if Raph calms her down, that seems like only a quick fix. A 'band-aid' on an infected wound." She told them, then looked at Seren. "Since you have experience with that sort of thing, I think maybe you should talk to her, after she sobers up of course."
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Sun May 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Unlike his brothers, Mike had slept peacefully throughout the night, and was still going strong. Of course, unlike his grieving siblings, the youngest had his mate by his side, a fact that he was extremely thankful for. He was worried about Pepper and Rini, but being the optimist that he was, he knew they would be okay.

The orange clad turtle was oblivious to the fact that everyone else was awake and moving about. He was curled up on April's pull-out couch, one leg hanging off and an arm thrown over Fraya, his loud snores could probably be heard from miles away!

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 am

Splinter wrote:
    Still gazing into his tea, however, Splinter spoke quietly. "Where one finds life, one also finds hope." He was not sure if he said it for his sons' benefit, or for his own. He did not even know if they had heard him at all. No matter - what was said was said, and could no longer be altered. The old Rat smirked at the fact that that truth had taken him two lifetimes, it seemed, to learn. "If they are still alive, then there is the hope that you will hold them once more. Soon, I hope."

Don had heard his father and gave him a nod with a small smile. He was glad his father was being so optimistic. It did help to brighten his own mood somewhat.

April O'Neil wrote:April sat on the couch with her food in her lap. She sat close to Casey and grabbed her phone. She was not looking forward to telling the guys about Bishop. She thought on who to call, Leo or Don? She finally decided on calling Don and dialed his number. She put the phone to her ear and waited for him to pick up.

He nearly jumped out of his shell when his phone went off, though. It was a good thing he had moved his hands away from his cup of steaming hot liquid beforehand.

He checked the caller ID and his smile widened. "It's April," was his short answer then he promptly picked up. "Hello? April? How is she?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Lexi wrote:Lexi was grateful that the questions didn't come, but she knew it was just a matter of time. Maybe by then she would be better suited to answer them, if she even figured it out herself. It seemed as if he expected her to follow him and she would give it her best attempt. She slowly slid to the edge of the bed and sat there for a moment, trying to steady the dizziness before proceeding. Her hair was a mess. Last night's mascara and eyeliner smudged her face, along with smears of her own blood. She hadn't seen her reflection, nor would she have cared.

After a few minutes she finally forced herself onto wobbly legs and took an unsteady step in his direction, but stumbled into him...

"Whoa!" Raph caught her before she could topple both of them over then helped her back onto the bed. It was becoming apparent that she wouldn't be able to make it there on her own. And he'd be damned to leave her, even just to go into the other room. So, that left one option -- to carry her.

"Let's try this another way."

He shifted to her side then gently picked her up and carried her out of the bedroom, ignoring the others in the kitchen and headed into the bathroom, kicking the door shut then sat Lexi down on the stool.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am

"Hey Don." April greeted. "I have some good news and bad news. The good news is Rini is doing good as is Pepper. The bad news is I saw pepper leave the hospital with Bishop. And it didn't look like she was being forced either. I think something is up." She plucked a piece of bacon from her tray and ate it.

"I think Bishop had something to do with the strange illness that pepper came down with."
    Hun
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Male
    Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2009-08-23

Post by Hun on Tue May 14, 2013 7:31 am

Hun was in the hospital checking in on one of his girls. She wasn't a girlfriend or anything, but she brought in a lot of money for Hun, so when she became sick he took her right to the hospital. The bitch was no good to him sick she needed to get well fast or Hun would just toss her away.

He was walking into the waiting room to head out the hospital. There was no way he was staying there, he would get updates on the girl's condition from her doctor. But just as he stepped foot in the waiting area, he spotted Casey. and with no freaky turtles.

He walked up to April and Casey and looked down at the two. "What have we here? It's good you are already in the hospital, your trip to the morgue will be a short one."

He flashed a grin at April. "or maybe I'll take her instead. Show her what a real man is like."

April was still on the phone but was freaking out at this point. "Uh...there's a situation here, Don. I'm going to have to call you back."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue May 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Raphael wrote:

"Whoa!" Raph caught her before she could topple both of them over then helped her back onto the bed. It was becoming apparent that she wouldn't be able to make it there on her own. And he'd be damned to leave her, even just to go into the other room. So, that left one option -- to carry her.

"Let's try this another way."

He shifted to her side then gently picked her up and carried her out of the bedroom, ignoring the others in the kitchen and headed into the bathroom, kicking the door shut then sat Lexi down on the stool.

Lexi wrapped one arm around Raph's neck and buried her face against his shoulder as he carried her out of the 'safety' of their room. She knew the others would be watching and her paranoia played their false judgmental comments in her mind. She overheard some of what Aeris had said to Seren, but thankfully Raph was quick to get her into the bathroom, and away from all the scrutiny.

Soon she was sitting on the stool, and still finding it hard to find her balance, even just to sit upright. And then the vertigo and nausea slammed into her, forcing her to double over and press her face between her knees. It took her a few minutes to catch her breath, and to force down the alcohol and bile that threatened to spew. She slowly sat up and looked at Raph with pitiful eyes as she extended her wounded arm for him to tend to. Her nails had left five very deep gashes, her finger imprints just above the scar on her wrist, thumb below. Raph could probably figure out that she had attempted to rip away the scar, something only logical in her drunken and stoned mind. The gashes were still bleeding, but has slowed from earlier.

"I'm..not pretty anymore." She sniffled. "My career is over."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:50 am