Misery in Paradise

Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Re: Misery in Paradise

Post by Serenity on Wed May 15, 2013 2:45 am

"Yeah I can talk to her. Maybe all she needs right now is for someone to listen. And Lexi and I haven't really had a chance to just talk."

Laz finished up his meal and was ready to head out. "You girls ready to go?" He asked. Belle smiled brightly and nodded her head. "Yeah i wanna go see daddy!"

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am

Casey was relaxing while April chatted on her phone. It was quite handy to have that piece on her at all times, giving them time to update the guys. They were arguably just as worried as April and himself were about their friends. Some more than others. Casey knew this was hard on all of them but something had to give...

Right? It had to! The unmasked vigilante let his dark hues scan this white vicinity as he came across many people, sickly and otherwise. Hospitals proved to be boring for the crime fighter but it wasn't for him this time, rather April. She called him here. She was feeling alone. Casey knew that feeling well.

"C'mon... Gotta be somethin' t'do in this place," Casey groaned. But was there truly anything to help pass the time?

And there he was. Standing in all of his mass and full height - Hun. The giant ape addressed Casey himself, as well as April. The vigilante simply glanced up at his mortal enemy with narrowed eyes. Nothing but downright seriousness covered his stubbly face. Casey simply smirked at his words.

"Yeah... Right. Like she'll go with some zoo animal like you. She has better taste'n that," Casey insulted with a grin. He moved his gloved hand up to sweep some loose strands behind his ear and tried to ignore Hun best he could. After all, causing a scene would be too much right now. "Go on somewhere. Like, back home t'mommy for a band-aid after I bust yer skull..." the vigilante remarked rather coldly, and oh so casually.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Wed May 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Lexi wrote:Lexi wrapped one arm around Raph's neck and buried her face against his shoulder as he carried her out of the 'safety' of their room. She knew the others would be watching and her paranoia played their false judgmental comments in her mind. She overheard some of what Aeris had said to Seren, but thankfully Raph was quick to get her into the bathroom, and away from all the scrutiny.

Soon she was sitting on the stool, and still finding it hard to find her balance, even just to sit upright. And then the vertigo and nausea slammed into her, forcing her to double over and press her face between her knees. It took her a few minutes to catch her breath, and to force down the alcohol and bile that threatened to spew. She slowly sat up and looked at Raph with pitiful eyes as she extended her wounded arm for him to tend to. Her nails had left five very deep gashes, her finger imprints just above the scar on her wrist, thumb below. Raph could probably figure out that she had attempted to rip away the scar, something only logical in her drunken and stoned mind. The gashes were still bleeding, but has slowed from earlier.

"I'm..not pretty anymore." She sniffled. "My career is over."

After Raph was sure Lexi could sit up straight, he quickly went to work on getting everything ready to clean her wound. He wasn't a natural like Donnie, but he knew enough to clean a gash or two. And thankfully, the bleeding had slowed tremendously by now.

He walked over to her and took her hand, getting a good look at the wound. He sighed heavily then frowned deeply when he heard what she said next.

"Don' say that." He refused to let her think that. She had no reason to. One wound wouldn't make that much of a difference. And even if those tightwads at the agency had a problem with scars, Raph still thought she was the most beautiful creature in the world.

"Don' you ever, ever say that about yourself, babe." He kept repeating that phrase over and over again, hoping she would start believing it as he cleaned her wound.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Post by Pepper on Wed May 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Bishop wrote:Bishop nodded. "That should subside soon. You are doing a lot better then the test mice. I told the boys in the lab it would work better in a human." Bishop reached out and put his hand to her forehead. "You do feel a little warm."

He drove to a large, cold looking building. He went in the parking garage and parked the car. "It shouldnt be long, Then i'll have someone bring you where you want to go. No doubt you'll be going back to the turtles." He shook his head and got out the car. he went around and opened up Pepper's door.

Pepper was reluctant to enter the building with him, but honestly, what choice did she have? Being the creator of the substance that he had injected her with, Bishop was the only one that had any understanding of what it would do to her.

"The test mice.. they died, didn't they?" She asked grimly as she climbed out of the car. "How long did it take them to perish?"
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Wed May 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Serenity wrote:"Yeah I can talk to her. Maybe all she needs right now is for someone to listen. And Lexi and I haven't really had a chance to just talk."

Laz finished up his meal and was ready to head out. "You girls ready to go?" He asked. Belle smiled brightly and nodded her head. "Yeah i wanna go see daddy!"

"Yeah, she has no friends. She isolated herself from her own species when she chose a life with mutants." Aeris commented, a little bitterly. The washed up celebrity should have known the path she had chosen wouldn't be all sunshine and rainbows. Sure, she liked the turtles, but she just couldn't see the sex appeal there, and pursuing a relationship with them wasn't worth the seclusion and hardships it would bring. And Raph of all turtles? He was an asshole. Obviously she still hadn't gotten over the red-clad turtle's lack of gratitude when Laz had went out of his way to make sure that his son had all the baby essentials when Lexi had first brought him home from Bishop's lab. Raph had never apologized, so she couldn't move past that.

It seemed that Laz and the others were ready to go, as was she. She slid out from the table and looked at Seren. "I made enough breakfast for everyone, so maybe you can let the others know. I think I may have scared Gabriel off with my sour mood."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Raphael wrote:
    After Raph was sure Lexi could sit up straight, he quickly went to work on getting everything ready to clean her wound. He wasn't a natural like Donnie, but he knew enough to clean a gash or two. And thankfully, the bleeding had slowed tremendously by now.

He walked over to her and took her hand, getting a good look at the wound. He sighed heavily then frowned deeply when he heard what she said next.

"Don' say that." He refused to let her think that. She had no reason to. One wound wouldn't make that much of a difference. And even if those tightwads at the agency had a problem with scars, Raph still thought she was the most beautiful creature in the world.

"Don' you ever, ever say that about yourself, babe." He kept repeating that phrase over and over again, hoping she would start believing it as he cleaned her wound.

But right now her head was too thick for that to sink in. All she could see when she looked at herself were the scars. Not only the self inflicted scars to her wrists, but the large crescent shaped one that adorned her arm, and the one where the shuriken had pierced her side. To remove them would require cosmetic surgery , and her funds were running low.

She watched in a daze as he worked at cleaning her wounds, thinking back to what happened in the barn and more tears streamed down her cheeks. She had kissed Laz, and he didn't return it. Did.. he not love her? Did she love him in a way deeper than she had ever let on? He had returned it months ago when Raph had abandoned her. But this time her boyfriend was still in the picture, and her best friend was involved with someone....

..did she really kiss him?? Her mind was fuzzy and nothing was clear. She squinted her eyes as if doing so would clarify everything, but it would take a sober mind and even then, not everything that happened during her 'weakness' would be clear. But one question remained.. was she in love with Laz?

The question alone made her feel guilty as she looked at her boyfriend who was so tenderly tending to her wounds and trying his best to convince her that she was still beautiful. She sniffled and wiped at her tears with the back of her good hand. "I really don't deserve you..."

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Thu May 16, 2013 7:09 am

Pepper wrote:Pepper was reluctant to enter the building with him, but honestly, what choice did she have? Being the creator of the substance that he had injected her with, Bishop was the only one that had any understanding of what it would do to her.

"The test mice.. they died, didn't they?" She asked grimly as she climbed out of the car. "How long did it take them to perish?"

"The test mice didn't die." Bishop told her as he led her inside and to his lab. They did kill the other mice how ever. It took only a few hours, so I feel that you are safe, so far anyway."

He closed the door to the lab and had her hop on the exam table.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am

April O'Neil wrote:"Hey Don." April greeted. "I have some good news and bad news. The good news is Rini is doing good as is Pepper. The bad news is I saw pepper leave the hospital with Bishop. And it didn't look like she was being forced either. I think something is up." She plucked a piece of bacon from her tray and ate it.

"I think Bishop had something to do with the strange illness that pepper came down with."

Don smiled at this news. She still had a long way to go, but she seemed to be improving -- little by little. But Don always said that a little progress is better than no progress. He would have to visit her the first chance he could.

But he frowned again when April told him about Pepper leaving with Bishop. Something didn't seem right. And he agreed that perhaps Bishop was responsible for this 'mystery illness' that seemed to take over the girl.

"Thank you for telling me. And I think you might be right."

Hun wrote:
    He flashed a grin at April. "or maybe I'll take her instead. Show her what a real man is like."

April was still on the phone but was freaking out at this point. "Uh...there's a situation here, Don. I'm going to have to call you back."

Don would have said more, but his frown deepened when April's tone sounded afraid. "April? What's going on? April!" Don was beginning to freak out as well since he wasn't sure what was happening. Maybe his trip to the hospital would be coming sooner than he thought...
    Hun
    Purple Dragon
    Purple Dragon

Male
    Number of posts : 153
    Registration date : 2009-08-23

Post by Hun on Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 am

Hun folded his arms and looked back at April who was looking pretty nervous. He reached down and grabbed the rest of her bacon and ate it. Hun glanced around and thought for a moment if he really wanted to make a scene or not. He had no reason to come back to the hospital so what would it matter if he was kicked out?

With a smile, Hun grabbed April's arm and pulled her to him. "She just needs to get a taste of me, then we'll see who she wants." Of course Hun had no interest in April. He just wanted to piss off Casey.

April let out a gasp and tried to push away from the man but he held her tightly.

"We're leaving!" He barked and started to drag April away.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am

Leo waited for Don to get off the phone. At first it seemed things were ok, but by the end of the call Leo knew somthing was wrong.

"What's going on?" He asked worriedly. "Are the girls alright?"
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Laz quickly got the kids stuff together and lead everyone out to the van.He snapped phoenix in the car seat, with the two girls on either side of him. He then slipped in the drivers seat.

"You two be quiet. Don't want to scare the baby."
    Aeris
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 200
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Aeris on Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Aeris helped Laz with getting the kids situated, then climbed into the front seat. She would be glad when all of the little ones were back with their parents, and she could have some one on one time with Laz. It seemed that she was always having to share his attention with someone, hence her less than pleasant mood here lately.

"Maybe when Remey and Marley come home, they can baby sit Ivy for a while and we can go on a little vacation." She suggested, but doubted he would leave the little girl behind. It was a thought, at least.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Lexi wrote:
    But right now her head was too thick for that to sink in. All she could see when she looked at herself were the scars. Not only the self inflicted scars to her wrists, but the large crescent shaped one that adorned her arm, and the one where the shuriken had pierced her side. To remove them would require cosmetic surgery , and her funds were running low.

She watched in a daze as he worked at cleaning her wounds, thinking back to what happened in the barn and more tears streamed down her cheeks. She had kissed Laz, and he didn't return it. Did.. he not love her? Did she love him in a way deeper than she had ever let on? He had returned it months ago when Raph had abandoned her. But this time her boyfriend was still in the picture, and her best friend was involved with someone....

..did she really kiss him?? Her mind was fuzzy and nothing was clear. She squinted her eyes as if doing so would clarify everything, but it would take a sober mind and even then, not everything that happened during her 'weakness' would be clear. But one question remained.. was she in love with Laz?

The question alone made her feel guilty as she looked at her boyfriend who was so tenderly tending to her wounds and trying his best to convince her that she was still beautiful. She sniffled and wiped at her tears with the back of her good hand. "I really don't deserve you..."

Raph was cleaning her wounds as carefully as he could, but stopped when she started crying again. He apologized and kept at it but the longer this went on, the more he was getting the feeling that this wasn't about her injury.

Then he really looked up at her when she said that she didn't deserve him. What the hell was that supposed to mean? They had been through too much to let little shit -- hell, even big shit -- get in the way. But still, he was wanting an answer.

"Whaddya mean by that?"
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 pm

The question only brought more tears. Should she tell Raph what was just going through her head? Should he know that his jealousy towards Laz had been well placed all along? She wanted to tell him everything. He deserved to know, but.. what good would come of it? None. He would only hate Laz that much more and her hopes of those two ever getting along would be completely crushed. And the kiss... she wasn't a hundred percent certain that had even happened. Well, the second one. The first time, oh yes... it had happened, and it had almost led into so much more. But no need to confess that. As far as she was concerned, she and Raph were on a time out at that time. Raph had abandoned her, and she found comfort in the one that had always been there...

She tried to silence her thoughts and looked at him with her sorrowful eyes. "I.. just don't." She repeated, and choked back a sob. "I can't hold myself together anymore..."

Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Thu May 16, 2013 2:27 pm

"I think they could do that. It would be nice for us to have some time to ourselves." He drove off once everyone was settled in. The ride would be a long one. but Laz brought snacks for everyone. "Maybe we can get a nice hotel for a few nights and just relax."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Thu May 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Leonardo wrote:Leo waited for Don to get off the phone. At first it seemed things were ok, but by the end of the call Leo knew somthing was wrong.

"What's going on?" He asked worriedly. "Are the girls alright?"

Don stayed on the line with April until it went dead abruptly. "No..." Then he slowly took it away from his ear and turned to the others, looking at Leo and shaking his head as he was desperately trying to keep it together.

"Something is definitely wrong." Now, he was worried about April along with everything else. "And Pepper left the hospital with Bishop," he added as an afterthought, even though he knew Leo would probably freak out about that.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 am

"Left the hospital with Bishop!? With him? She wasn't kidnapped or anything, she just left with him?" Leo ran a hand over his head and sat down. why would she just leave with him? She might be in trouble. We need to find out where he was taking her."
    Juicy
    Friend

Number of posts : 116
    Registration date : 2013-04-13

Post by Juicy on Fri May 17, 2013 9:40 am

Juicy was more then a little exciting about meeting Gabe tonight. She still had a few hours to wait so that gave her time to make sure she was clean, smelling good, and was shaving in all the right areas. As far as Juicy was concerned she was getting lucky tonight.

After she bathed and dressed, she carefully put on her face paint and set it all with a powder. She then slipped on her boots and tucked her gun into her the waistband of her shorts. She was going to give Gabe a call to make sure he was coming, but didn't want to seem too needy. Of course this meeting wasn't about her hooking up, she still had a job to do, she had to keep that in mind.

Juicy left the house and headed out to get some bubble tea and hang with the guys.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 am

When Karai entered the room he stood up and went over to her. "There's been suspicious activity by the old warehouses. The mousers caught the sent of something. It could just nothing but I want it checked out anyway.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Post by Serenity on Fri May 17, 2013 10:04 am

Serenity fed Jake then sat next to Gabe. "ready to sign the papers to our new place? I'm excited." She smiled brightly but it fell some. "i hope Lexi's ok. Maybe she would like to see the new place. let her get out for a while."
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 am

Oroku Saki wrote:When Karai entered the room he stood up and went over to her. "There's been suspicious activity by the old warehouses. The mousers caught the sent of something. It could just nothing but I want it checked out anyway.

"I shall check it out now if you wish father." Looks at him, "Is this not part of the plan to capture Leonardo?" Wonders as she watches him.

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 am

"No. The mousers picked up on something, and the cameras showed something interesting. I want to know who are what is there? We have investments around that area so it's my business to know what's going on over there. Now if there are no more questions. You are free to go."
    Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by Karai on Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

Oroku Saki wrote:"No. The mousers picked up on something, and the cameras showed something interesting. I want to know who are what is there? We have investments around that area so it's my business to know what's going on over there. Now if there are no more questions. You are free to go."

Bows to her father; "No, that was all I was wondering about father. I will go search out this information for you. I'll bring a new member of the foot with me." Heads out of the room then to leave her father alone.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Lexi wrote:The question only brought more tears. Should she tell Raph what was just going through her head? Should he know that his jealousy towards Laz had been well placed all along? She wanted to tell him everything. He deserved to know, but.. what good would come of it? None. He would only hate Laz that much more and her hopes of those two ever getting along would be completely crushed. And the kiss... she wasn't a hundred percent certain that had even happened. Well, the second one. The first time, oh yes... it had happened, and it had almost led into so much more. But no need to confess that. As far as she was concerned, she and Raph were on a time out at that time. Raph had abandoned her, and she found comfort in the one that had always been there...

She tried to silence her thoughts and looked at him with her sorrowful eyes. "I.. just don't." She repeated, and choked back a sob. "I can't hold myself together anymore..."

After Raph took care of her wound and bandaged it, he kneeled down beside her and held her tightly. "Stop sayin' that, babe. An' you're one of the strongest girls I know. Always have been, always will be. An' I'll be right beside ya so you're never alone." Then he looked straight into her eyes. "And...you can always come ta me if somethin's botherin' ya..."

Last edited by Raphael on Fri May 17, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Fri May 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Lexi wrapped her shaky arms around Raph and clung to him, still struggling to make sense of everything. "You.. promise?" She asked when he mentioned that he would always be there for her. He hadn't always been in the past, but she had to move past that. Then came his last comment and her paranoia began to act up. Did.. he know? Was it that obvious? Had Laz told him anything? Surely not. She was over thinking it, and boy did it hurt to think. She finally gave a soft nod, deciding that now was not the time for confessions. That would have to wait until she had a clear mind, and a clear heart.

"I'm.. sorry I pulled you away from your brothers." She told him, giving him an apologetic look. "Have you heard from them?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm