Misery in Paradise

Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Re: Misery in Paradise

Post by Leonardo on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:31 pm

And soon Don was back and before Leo could protest he was hooked up to the IV bag. With a deep sigh he stood still with his arm out beside him.

"I'm holding up. Nothing some rest wont cure."

Judging by how long it took for Raph he was going to be laying there for a while. He had finished his tea and was not feeling hungry. He figured he would wait to eat, but his stomach made it's self known.

"I guess I'm a bit hungry. were you girls cooking when we came in?" He asked Pepper. He was sure that he smelled food.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Splinter smiled once more as Michelangelo began to eat in earnest. That was a good thing - his body needed the nutrients. Still, to see the bandage that now draped itself over the shoulder of his youngest reminded him of his eldest. Both had been hurt, but Leonardo very much so. That thought in mind, he padded on silent, furry, feet out to see how the others were doing.

Leonardo was on the couch, a watchful Pepper trying to keep him still. Splinter knew his son to be as stubborn as Raphael also was - the fact that they were like 2 sides of the same coin only made things all the more maddening for those who loved them and knew them best. He would have been firm with the Turtle on a transfusion being necessary but, again, Pepper was there and doing the job perfectly already.

Turning toward the hallway, Splinter noticed that Donatello was slowly making his way toward the group out in the main room with a loaded cart, complete with a blood bag that all but had Leo's name printed on it in macrame. He nodded to Donatello, and continued onward to look for Raphael.

His stubborn, red-masked son was sitting in a doorway with eyes glued to what he could see at the end of that make-shift tunnel: Don getting Leo set up to receive his blood. "Even when you are not in a fight with a physical opponent," Splinter began, seemingly breaking the spell Raphael was under, "you do not seem to hesitate to shed your blood for your brothers." He smiled, touching his red-masked son lightly on the arm. "You are truly loyal to them to a fault, Raphael," he said softly, "and you make me very proud." Moving fully to Raphael's left side, he offered a hand. "Would you like some assistance getting a closer view?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Raph was still watching Don work on Leo when his father came up to him.  He couldn't help but smile at the words Splinter said. "Thanks, Sensei," he said, bowing his head a little in respect.  At the offer of the elderly rat helping him into the other room, he nodded vigorously. "Yeah, I would."  

With Splinter's help, he finally made it to the living room, instead sitting down in a chair next to the couch.  He looked up at his father and smiled. "Thanks."  He felt much better now that he could be closer to Leo.  

Despite all the clashing those two did, Raph was still very close to Leo.  Whenever he was hurt, Raph felt horrible and didn't want to leave his side until he was better.  The feeling was mutual too, apparently, because Leo had done the same for him.  Raph didn't know what he would do without his 'big brother'.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 am

Fraya wrote:Fraya ignored all the chatter and finished up on Mike's shoulder. She put a bandage on him and gave his shoulder a kiss. "There all done. You were such a good patent. now time for me to eat."

She hummed a tune while fixing herself a plate of food. She then took a spot next to Mike and sat down to eat.

"If you need something for pain, I can make a few calls and get you some pain pills." She told Mike with a smile.

Mike was almost finished with his first plate, and was reaching for seconds by the time Fraya had fixed hers and finally joined him at the table. Darn good thing that the girls had made enough to feed the entire gang two times over! "It hurts like heck... but I'll live." He winked, assuring her that pain pills would not be needed. She had done enough already, no need having her track down medication and then having to go get them. The young turtle didn't want her out of his sight, especially after all that happened. April was going on a simple pizza run and never made it back to them. Yeah, he would definitely pass on the pain meds.

"I wonder how Leo's holding up.... poor guy. Blood transfusions are NOT fun!!" His eyes grew wide when he realized who the donor must have been, which earned a quiet chuckle from him. "Raph's a bit of a baby when it comes to needles." He grinned, shoveling another bite of awesomeness into his mouth.

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Post by Pepper on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 am

Leonardo wrote:And soon Don was back and before Leo could protest he was hooked up to the IV bag. With a deep sigh he stood still with his arm out beside him.

"I'm holding up. Nothing some rest wont cure."

Judging by how long it took for Raph he was going to be laying there for a while. He had finished his tea and was not feeling hungry. He figured he would wait to eat, but his stomach made it's self known.

"I guess I'm a bit hungry. were you girls cooking when we came in?" He asked Pepper. He was sure that he smelled food.
    Pepper remained at his side, caressing his cheek and nuzzling reassuring kisses against his skin. She was grateful that Don knew so much, and was thankful for all he was doing, even though she still felt the purple clad turtle had given her the cold shoulder earlier. But it was nothing that she wasn't used to. Leo, Splinter and Mike were the only ones that made her feel welcomed. And recently, Fraya. Everyone else seemed to hold her under the microscope, but none as intensely as Raph. Still, she couldn't fully blame them for their skepticism, especially now that she could remember her own past. She wanted nothing more than to be honest with Leo. Tell him everything, but opportunities continued to elude her.

She was lost in deep thought when Leo spoke, bringing her back to the present. It took her a moment to realize what he had asked, but she finally responded with a warm smile. "Yes, we were. Your father was teaching me how to cook, since my culinary skills are almost zilch." She pressed a kiss against his cheek and pushed herself up. "I'll bring you back something." With that, she headed off into the kitchen, where Fraya and Mike were already helping themselves.

The young woman spared the two a grin as she made a plate for Leo, then poured him some juice. He would certainly need the nourishment after all his body had been through. She overheard Mike's last comment, and couldn't suppress a hint of a smile. The things you learn by simply walking into another room. "I was confident that Raph was completely fearless." She chuckled quietly as she gathered the plate of food and the glass of red punch.

Mike quirked an amused eye ridge at the girl. "Pffft... he's afraid of bugs, too. Throw a cockroach at him and he becomes a two year old girl!" The information earned another chuckle from the 'outcast', but she didn't comment on the hot-headed bad boy's phobias. Everyone had their fears, and obviously Raph was no exception.

Pepper finally returned to her spot beside Leo, casting him a warm smile. "I bring gifts." She winked, and carefully sat on the floor. "Want it now, or after you're finished?"
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:10 am

Leo smiled at Pepper as she walked off to get him some food. He then spoted Raph on the chair and gave him a little nod. "thanks Raph." He said. "I owe you one." He was starting to feel uncomfortable again and wanted to move, but with the needle in his arm, he couldn't do that.

Soon Pepper came back with food and some juice. "I think I can eat now. If I can just sit up a little. "

He tried to sit up without moving his arm, but it was proven to be difficult. "Ok maybe I can wait. thanks for bringing it to me though." He leaned over and gave her a soft kiss.
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Don had been monitoring Leo's progress during the transfusion since the beginning.  He knew his brother was getting tired of staying in one place.  Don allowed a small amount of movement -- as long as Leo kept the needle in his arm.  Of course, Leo still needed to stay off his feet but if he wanted to eat something, Don was fine with it.  In fact, he encouraged it.

"Here, let me help you, Leo," he said, shifting his brother into more of a sitting-up positon, pushing a pillow behind Leo's shell to prop him up.  Then he looked over at Pepper and smiled.  The smile faded when he saw Leo and Pepper share a kiss.  It, once again, made him miss his Rini.  He hadn't talked to her in a while.  He really wondered how she was doing.  The next time he had some time to himself, he would give her another call.  He sure hoped she would be well enough to come home soon.

He looked up as his father and Raph entered the living room and gave them both a small but genuine smile.  "He's doing much better," he informed both of them then stood back to give Leo and Pepper more room.  Maybe his time to slip away would be coming sooner rather than later.  He could only hope so. He could really use a small break.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Splinter could not help but notice the tension in the air when Pepper passed by Raphael's side in order to grab food and drink for Leonardo. It would take a blind man with no sense of touch to miss it, truthfully. As it was, the Rat cocked his head to the side and blinked repeatedly, wondering what it was all about. Still, it somehow did not feel as if it were something to poke at during the current going-ons, so he held his tongue.

Instead, with the room so very crowded, he turned toward the kitchen to refresh himself with some tea. Nodding to Fraya and Michelangelo, the old ninja master got the kettle going once more and went spelunking in the pantry for the packets of green tea with lemon before grabbing a faded cup out of a nearby cabinet.

The butter yellow of the cup made Splinter think, at the same time, of warm sunshine and of April. He held the cup close until the kettle screeched at him, and then carefully put it down on the counter.

April. So like a daughter to his heart. How was she? His sons had not been able to - had been reluctant to - tell him what had happened to her. Drowning a packet of tea with boiling hot water, his thoughts caused his brows to pinch together; she had been hurt, and badly, but how? He would have to get around to asking about that.

Now, however, was not the time to ask. No, perhaps the worst time to ask about it at all.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Post by Pepper on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Pepper was just about to do her best to assist Leo with sitting a little more upright to enable him to eat, but then Donnie moved in, causing her to tense. She caught his smile, which she quickly returned, even in her confusion. Okay, maybe she had misread him earlier, or was thinking too deeply into the fact that he had not responded to her earlier. He was busy, after all. Whatever the case, she was once again grateful that he was helping with Leo, and now he was in a better position to partake of his food.

She quietly thanked Don, then took a seat on the edge of the couch to better assist Leo with his meal. She slowly held a forkful to his mouth, knowing he needed to keep his arm as still as possible while the blood was transfusing from the bag and into his vein...
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:27 am

With Don's help, Leo was sitting up and ready to eat. But he still couldn't move to much because of the needle in his arm. Luckily he had Pepper, and though he was a little imbarised about being feed, he let her do it because he was just that hungry.

"Mmmm this is fantastic." He complimented after his first bite. "You girls are really good cooks."
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:33 am

April fought with the doctors. She was fine. She needed to make sure Casey was alright. But they sedated her and checked her over. She was beat up pretty badly, but it was nothing serious. When she finally came to a doctor was there to ask her a few questions, which she lied mostly. She didn't want the cops involved even though she knew they should be. Hun didn't deserve jail though. He deserved what ever the turtles would do to him when they had a chance.

When the questions were finally over she asked about Casey. Getting the information she grabbed the phone that was in the room she was in and made a call to raph. She called Raph because she knew that he would be the on taking it the hardest and she wanted to let him know how Casey was first.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:52 am

Raph was starting to fall asleep in the chair when his phone started ringing, startling him out of his dazed expression.  He also jumped a little, reaching into his belt to snatch his phone out, opening it and checked the caller ID.  He blinked at the number.  It was April.  He was a little surprised to hear from her this soon.  And he wondered if she had any news about Casey's condition.

With that thought in mind, he finally answered. "Hello?"

Last edited by Raphael on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 am

"Hey Raph." April answered sounding tired. "I'm still at the hospital. I wanted to tell you all that Casey is doing all right. He's not out of danger yet, but he's stable. The doctors are hopeful that he will make it." She told him and leaned back in her bed.

"I'm ok too. They want me to talk to a case worker but. I'm fine. I'm going to see Casey soon, I'll keep you guys updated. How's Leo and Mike?"
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:59 am

That was the best news Raph could ask for.  Casey was okay.  Maybe not completely out of the woods yet, but things were looking up.  Raph smiled in relief then gave her an unseen nod.  "Thanks, April.  Glad you're doin' okay, too."  

At her next question, he sobered up a little. "Yeah, they're doin' alright, I guess.  Leo had t'have a blood transfusion, though.  I volunteered t'give up mine for it," he told her with a shrug.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female

Post by April O'Neil on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Well at least Leo was alive. But it didn't sound good. She frowned a little, but chuckled when Raph told her where the blood had come from. "You're a good man, Raph. I have to go. I'm going to see Casey now. I'll call you later. Tell the guys everything is going to be ok for me."

"Bye Raph. Stay safe." With that she hung up and got in the wheelchair that was brought to her by one of the nurses. The nurse then pushed her to see Casey in the ICU.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male

Post by Raphael on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 pm

"Okay. Bye, April." Then he hung up. He would tell everyone together about what April told him. Assuming they would be all in the same room in the near future. Raph was still feeling a bit weak to make it to the kitchen to tell the others. Let alone get something to eat. Raph was getting hungry, but it looked like he would be on his own when he had his legs back. He sighed heavily, tucking his phone away then slouched back in his chair.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male

Post by Splinter on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Splinter was still waiting on his tea, steeping as it was, when Raphael's phone went off, breaking his concentration. The Rat had been wondering if an Oreo cookie would be a better compliment to the green tea this time around ... or if he should go spelunking in the back of the pantry where April tended to keep her more luxurious and pricey chocolates.

And then his son had said her name, and the ripples of thought blew out across the waters of his inner mind and the old ninja reached for the Oreos. Now was, once more, not the time to do otherwise.

He did, however, hear Raphael's stomach begin to gurgle while the Turtle spoke to one of his two best friends. Touching the side of his tea cup and finding it still scalding hot, Splinter gathered up tiny bits of everything he and the girls had put together, along with a bit of juice in a cup, and loaded them on a tray before padding over to Raphael's side in time to hear the Turtle utter "Okay. Bye, April".

"My son, as I am waiting on my tea, I thought you would like to have some of the food that we prepared while you were all away." Quickly, and efficiently, he helped get the tray settled where it wouldn't get knocked over if someone sneezed. Then he looked at Raphael once more. "So, was that April? And ... if so, how are things going for her and Casey?"
    Rini
    Original Character

Number of posts : 315
    Registration date : 2010-08-05

Post by Rini on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Rini was getting so bored. It was getting late, she should have been asleep. But nurses kept the lights on, and they kept coming into the room to check on her and most importaintly, Don wasn't with her. But she did get a bit of good news. She was going home tomorrow! She would finally be able to see Donnie again, and tell him how sorry she was that she froze up instead of fighting back.

It was late and she didn't want to wake Don. But he hardly slept anyway. So she picked up the phone and dialed Don's number.
    Fraya
    Original Character

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Fraya finished her food and washed it all down with a coke. "Maybe we can help Leo look for a new place to live tomorrow, since he'll be held up for a while. That's if yer up for it of course." She told Mike. "I bet we could find a large place. The sewers are huge and who knows what's down there! Maybe a mansion."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:07 pm

Rini wrote:Rini was getting so bored. It was getting late, she should have been asleep. But nurses kept the lights on, and they kept coming into the room to check on her and most importaintly, Don wasn't with her. But she did get a bit of good news. She was going home tomorrow! She would finally be able to see Donnie again, and tell him how sorry she was that she froze up instead of fighting back.

It was late and she didn't want to wake Don. But he hardly slept anyway. So she picked up the phone and dialed Don's number.
    Don was now sitting in a folding chair, watching Leo and Pepper enjoy their meal. He just came to the realization that he hadn't eaten since earlier that morning and he was getting a little hungry. He thought about heading out there now when his phone rang. He quickly silenced it and stood up, heading for the back bedroom to get some privacy once he looked at the caller ID.

With a relieved smile on his face, he picked up. His voice sounded tired but at the same time, very happy to hear from the one person that had been in his thoughts for the last several minutes.

"Hi, Sweetie."
    Rini
    Original Character

Post by Rini on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Rini smiled brightly when Don answered the phone. Just hearing his voice put her at ease. "Hi Donnie! Are you ok?" She asked hearing the tiredness in his voice. "Everything ok over there? I was calling to tell you I'm getting out of here tomorrow. I can't wait to see you."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:15 pm

"I've missed you so much.  It has seemed like forever since I've seen you."  Then Don brightened up even more when she told him the best news he could hope for.  Even being extremely run down couldn't keep the excitement from his voice.  "Oh, that's so great!  I can't wait to see you.  So much has happened lately."  Then his voice dropped into a more somber tone.  "I'll give you the details later, but things have been better."
    Rini
    Original Character

Post by Rini on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Rini was happy he was just as excited as she was. but her smile dropped when he told her that something had happen. She started to worry. Did Shredder do something to them? Did he attack them? was Don hurt?

"Are you ok?" She asked worried. "I can try to leave the hospital now if I need to."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male

Post by Donatello on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Don's eyes widened when Rini told him she would try to leave the hospital early.  As much as he wanted her back right then, if she wasn't ready, he didn't want something to happen to her.  No, he could wait a little bit longer.

"No, no, I'm okay.  I'm just...overworked."  

Which was more than just a little true.  His mind had been pushed into overdrive since Don first saw Rini hurt from the mouser attack. So much, in fact, that he had hardly slept in two days.  He was beyond exhausted in so many ways by now.

Last edited by Donatello on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rini
    Original Character

Post by Rini on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:27 pm

"You need to take care of yourself, Don." Rini told him. "Get some rest. take a break." Of course she had no idea that April was attacked and Casey along with his brothers had been shot. Had she known all that, she would have left the hospital that night to be with her family.

She has wanted to ask if he could visit her. Tell him what room she was in and open a window for him. But with the nurses coming in and out that would be hard. and now hearing how tired Don was, it was compleately out of the question.

"Promise me you will get some rest."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:06 am