Night of the hunters

Pepper
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Re: Night of the hunters

Post by Pepper on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Leonardo wrote:With Pepper's help Leo got to bed and laid down. He adjusted the pillows so he was sitting up. "Thanks guy." he looked over at Pepper and smiled. "You doing ok?"

Careful not to bump his injuries or shake him too much, Pepper crawled into the bed beside him, doing her best to make sure he was comfortable. The threat of an attack had passed and for the first time since seeing his injury, she felt in complete control, so much so that she could uncover her nose. The metallic smell of blood was still detectible, but it was unlike before.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She managed a soft smile and pressed a kiss against his cheek. "How about you? Are you comfy?" She asked, fussing with his pillows and trying to make them just right. "I haven't seen Raph or Mike... but I'm assuming you got the worst end of this deal...."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Don gave Leo a smile then gathered up everything, heading out of the room.  He assumed his brother and Pepper wanted to be alone.  It seemed like the danger had passed, anyway.  At least in this room.  Don hadn't seen Raph since he had been back here.  He knew his father was taking care of him, but Don wanted to see for himself how Raph was.

Don headed back downstairs with his supplies and spotted Raph on the couch, looking miserable.  He sighed softly then approached the couch when Splinter returned from the kitchen with some tea for his brother. "Hi, Raph."  He cautiously moved over to him, seeing Master Splinter had indeed taken care of the gash in Raph's forehead.  "How are you doing?"
    Marley
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Remey wrote:Remey sat back down on the couch and pulled Marley close to him. "I thought living out here would end all the drama. maybe we should move down south." He said. "We can live in the bayou and feed the gators." He said with a smile.

"Chase swamp bunnies around and go to town on a horse and buggy."

Marley curled up next to Remey, resting her head against her chest. She loved it out here. Living on the beach had always been a dream of hers, and now she was living it. But it seemed like Remey was debating on going back to his home state. Honestly, she didn't want to move, but she would do whatever it took to keep everyone safe. Besides, Louisiana was beautiful. "Ooooh, can we feed the gators cheese curls?" She smiled. "And I would love to chase swamp bunnies...I doubt I could ever catch one, but hey.. it's the fun that counts!"

But soon they were interrupted by a much welcomed sight. Laz.. badly beaten, but at least he was alive and standing. Lexi looked like an emotional mess and had no doubt been crying. There was one person missing, but before she could ask, Laz told them what happened and that he wanted them all to go to some mansion, and that he wanted Ivy. Marley was in complete shock, too stunned for the tears to come just yet. Her friend was dead... Ivy had lost another mother....
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1758
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Lexi on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz slipped out the car and headed to his house. "I hate to get Gabe involved Just drive the car into the water.Without you in it of course."

He walked inside the house and held the door open for Lexi.

Remey looked up and saw Laz and Lexi, they weren't looking too good. "What happen to you two?"

Laz looked down and took in a deep breath. "Shredder killed Aeris." He wouldn't go into details about her death, he didn't want to relive it and he didn't want to put blame on Raph."We're all going to that mansion the turtles are at. we feel it's best if we're all together. I came to pick up Ivy."

Remey shook his head. "Leave Ivy here. Come get her in the morning when she's awake. There's no need to wake up the poor girl. We can take care of her. She'll be safer here then in the city"

"But what if it has a GPS and they track it out here? Gabe knows how to dismantle all of that. I hate to get him involved, too. But he knows what he's doing..." But now she was questioning that. What if something happened to him while he was trying to get rid of the car? No, she couldn't risk it. She would have to get rid of the car on her own.

She slid out of the car and followed Laz inside, catching the surprised looks from both Marley and Remey, and the heartbreak that washed over Marley.

"What Laz is trying to say is we all need to go. We all need to stick together." She told the two. "I don't want you guys left out here.. what if Shredder finds the beach house? He's going to know that Laz escaped and will be looking for him... we'll all go. We'll get the kids and go where the Turtles are... we'll be safe together..."

Foot Ninja OC

Male
    Number of posts : 633
    Registration date : 2009-08-02

Post by Remey on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 am

Remey wasn't really buying it. He felt they were all better off staying at the beach. But he finally gave in and nodded. "Alright. Laz and I will grab the kids and Marley can pack a bag for us." He said. "You know, there's going to come a time when we're going to have to compleatly leave the state. we'll go to Calafornia or something."

He turned and walked towards the girls bedrooms to get them ready to go.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:27 am

Donatello wrote:Don gave Leo a smile then gathered up everything, heading out of the room.  He assumed his brother and Pepper wanted to be alone.  It seemed like the danger had passed, anyway.  At least in this room.  Don hadn't seen Raph since he had been back here.  He knew his father was taking care of him, but Don wanted to see for himself how Raph was.

Don headed back downstairs with his supplies and spotted Raph on the couch, looking miserable.  He sighed softly then approached the couch when Splinter returned from the kitchen with some tea for his brother. "Hi, Raph."  He cautiously moved over to him, seeing Master Splinter had indeed taken care of the gash in Raph's forehead.  "How are you doing?"

At first Raph didn't acknowledge his brother until Don put a hand on his shoulder.  Then he looked up at him and took the tea from his father. "Don't ask me that, Donnie.  Not now."  Obviously Don hadn't heard Mikey blabbing out his 'secret' in the kitchen.  Raph was right.  Mike did connect the dots.

"Ask Mikey if ya wanna know," he finally said with a shrug.  "Or even Master Splinter here."  Raph clearly wasn't in the mood to talk about it.  He stared down into the dark liquid in his cup, contemplating drinking it.  He wasn't big on tea, but he didn't have the energy to fight over the subject at the moment.
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm

"Yeah I'm ok. Just really tired." Leo leaned over and gave Pepper a soft kiss. "I'm proud of you. Yer starting to control yourself very well." He gave her a smile just as rini came in with tea and soup.

Rini smiled at them both though she was still shocked by the news of Raph killing Aeris. "Here you go."

Leo sat up a little more and took the tray. "How is everyone else?" He asked Rini

"Well Raph isn't doing good. I guess you didn't hear...Raph killed Aeris and he's pretty messed up."

Leo's eyes widen. "What? How? why?" There was no way Raph would just kill someone like that there had to be a reason and it had to be shredder's fault.

"I don't know the details."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Remey wrote:Remey wasn't really buying it. He felt they were all better off staying at the beach. But he finally gave in and nodded. "Alright. Laz and I will grab the kids and Marley can pack a bag for us." He said. "You know, there's going to come a time when we're going to have to compleatly leave the state. we'll go to Calafornia or something."

He turned and walked towards the girls bedrooms to get them ready to go.

Lexi was relieved that Remey finally gave in, but she understood his reluctance. "I can help Marley." She offered, and headed over to the woman. She still look shaken, and she understood. Aeris was probably closest to Marley since they lived together.

"You wouldn't like California, Remey. Trust me." Because she had lived there for awhile.

It took Marley a moment, but she finally stood from the couch and she lead the way into her and Remey's bedroom and began packing.

"Are.. you sure Aeris is dead? I mean, maybe you don't know that. Maybe she's being held in the dungeon..maybe she's okay..." Marley rattled on, hopeful as she folded clothes and placed them inside one of the duffle bags. Lexi frowned and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"She's gone, Marley. Laz saw her get killed. You know he wouldn't have left the tower without her if there was a possibility."

That was all the confirmation Mar needed. The tears wouldn't stop falling, but it didn't stop her from packing their bags. Between the two of them, it didn't take long and the two women carried the load out to Laz' SUV. Marley noticed the black Civic, but didn't ask questions. Lexi probably borrowed it from a friend.

Once the luggage was packed into the back hatch of the vehicle, they headed inside to help the guys with the kids. Lexi found Phin sleeping on the couch and gently scooped him up. Not to just wait on the others...

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:24 am

April O'Neil wrote:April sighed and when Casey sat next to her she scooted closer to him. "No I don't want you to be a victim. I also don't want you getting killed. At least bring a gun with you." She told him and finished off her slice of pizza and scooped up another one.

"You know what they say, don't bring a bat to a gun fight."

Casey nearly choked on his own saliva when April told him to carry a gun. She was really scared. Guess he couldn't blame her, after what happened and all. Casey wasn't going to be a victim for sure but he also wasn't going to be a cold-blooded murderer either. He didn't see the point in using guns, they were too easy. Took the fun out of beating the crud out of guys.

"Yeesh, April, yer really scared aren't ya... Look, we don't need ta keep no guns in this place. That's why I'm here, isn't it?", he asked with that smug grin across his rugged face. It was all too easy to wield an armed weapon and just take somebody out. That's how the Dragons took out his old man; well partly anyway. It wasn't worth it, not to him.

Casey just stared at her. What else could he do? She was afraid of being attacked and physically violated again, and he could definitely understand her concern. But maybe she needed to rest. "When have I ever needed a gun? I don't carry that trash an' I'm surprised you would even suggest it. I mean, what, ya think I can't handle myself well enough? Worked so far...", he argued.

This wasn't like her but again he understood her viewpoint and could sympathize with her and her concerns. But what she was asking was transforming him... into them. "I ain't no Dragon... Only scumbags carry those things. I got all I need right here!", Casey prided himself as he lifted both hands and clenched them into fists and his eyes darted over to his golf bag full of assorted sports equipment. It's all he ever needed.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 am

Laz grabbed Ivy and Remey scooped up a sleeping Belle. Remey then went to Loki's room to grab him as well. Once they had all the kids they loaded everyone into the van.

"Do we know where this mansion is?" Laz asked.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:52 am

April knew he wouldn't go for the guns. But it sure would make her feel better. Though he was right, he had been doing pretty damn good so far without the need of a gun. And she was sure he didn't want to feel like some thug. When he put his fist up April smiled.

"So sexy when you act all tough. and I'm honored that I have a super hero for a boyfriend. But it is a little scary."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:43 am

Marley took Belle from Remey to free him up some, and climbed into the back seat of the SUV with her family. Her sobs had quieted, but the tears were still falling. What a horrible night this had turned out to be. But, at least the rest of them were safe... for now. But how long would it last? How long could they keep running? Obviously Laz was still on Shredder's hit list, so that meant if he found out that Remey was still alive, he would be, too. She couldn't lose him. They would just to have to stay one step ahead of their enemy. Being with the Turtles certainly seemed like a good idea. They were trained warrior and faithful to their friends.

Lexi climbed into the passenger , and adjusted the sleeping turtle-child in her arms. As soon as the engine was running, she turned on the heater to alleviate some of the coldness. Hearing Laz' question earned her full attention. Her brows knotted in confusion. "Babe.. you talked to Holly and she told you directions... don't you remember?" She asked, figuring the grief had a lot to do with his lack of memory. The poor guy was probably scattered. "Do you need for me to drive?"

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2013-05-29

Post by Holly on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:58 am

With everyone settling down she found herself in the office and sat in the chair behind the desk. Now that she was somewhere quiet she was able to call her friend and make sure she was ok. Holly grabbed her phone and dialed Lexi's number then waited for her to pick up.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:04 pm

"Right. I remember. sorry. I can drive no worries." Laz gave her a small smile and drove away from the beach. He was in deep thought when Lexi's phone went off and startled him.

"Maybe it's Raph." Because he was sure that Raph was worried about Lexi. Then again, Raph was dealing with other issues.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Holly wrote:With everyone settling down she found herself in the office and sat in the chair behind the desk. Now that she was somewhere quiet she was able to call her friend and make sure she was ok. Holly grabbed her phone and dialed Lexi's number then waited for her to pick up.

Thankfully now he remembered and soon they were on their way. When her phone rang, she also thought it was Raph, was hopeful even. She hadn't heard from him since Holly drove them away. Seeing her friend's number, she couldn't help the tinge of dejection that she suddenly felt, but yeah. Raph had his own thing going on.

"Hey, Holly." She answered, sounding emotionally drained. "Did you guys make it to the mansion okay?"

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Splinter guided Don to the other end of the room. "Raphael is going through a lot right now. His mind is clouded with guilt. It seems it was his blade that killed Aeris." The rat explained. "Right now he just needs time to work through his emotions."
    Holly
    Lurker

Post by Holly on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:18 pm

"Yeah we made it here alright. Are you out that tower? Are you ok?" She asked worried. "Are you guys coming here or do you need me to meet you somewhere?" She picked up a pen and started to play with it on the desk.

"Yer boyfriend is pretty messed up. I think Leo is doing ok and the others seem fine."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Lexi was relieved to know that they had made it to the Mansion safely, but it sounded like Raph wasn't doing so well, and she didn't have to wonder why. She was certain his physical wounds had been treated, but the emotional... that would take some time.

"...yeah, I'm out of the tower." She answered her friend. I have Laz... he's pretty beat up but holding up pretty well." For now, she wanted to add, but her friend was sitting right next to her. "Yeah, Raph went through a lot tonight.." And she would leave it at that. She wasn't sure if her friend knew the story or not, but it wasn't something that she wanted to get out until Raph was ready.

"Tell him I'm on my way, and I'm bringing company. I couldn't leave them at the beach house when Shredder is no doubt looking for Laz." She explained.

"I think we can find the place, so just sit tight...we should be there soon..."

Post by Holly on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 am

"I'll let him know. see you guys soon." Holly hung up and tucked her phone away. she was glad that Lexi got out of the tower alright and was happy that she got her friend out. That woman sure was a tough one.

Holly walked out the office and went over to where Raph was.

"Uh. I just talked to Lexi." She started. Wondering is Raph even cared. "She's alright and she got Laz out. everyone is coming over here to hid out.She wanted me to let you know."
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Raphael wrote:At first Raph didn't acknowledge his brother until Don put a hand on his shoulder.  Then he looked up at him and took the tea from his father. "Don't ask me that, Donnie.  Not now."  Obviously Don hadn't heard Mikey blabbing out his 'secret' in the kitchen.  Raph was right.  Mike did connect the dots.

"Ask Mikey if ya wanna know," he finally said with a shrug.  "Or even Master Splinter here."  Raph clearly wasn't in the mood to talk about it.  He stared down into the dark liquid in his cup, contemplating drinking it.  He wasn't big on tea, but he didn't have the energy to fight over the subject at the moment.

Don figured Raph wouldn't want to talk about it. It was hard for his brother to open up to anything. Don gave Raph a small nod then glanced at his father. He was going to ask him later, but the next thing he knew, his father was pulling him aside to talk to him now.

Splinter wrote:Splinter guided Don to the other end of the room. "Raphael is going through a lot right now. His mind is clouded with guilt. It seems it was his blade that killed Aeris." The rat explained. "Right now he just needs time to work through his emotions."

Don's jaw dropped at the news, let out a small gasp then covered his mouth -- his shocked gaze shooting back to his brother on the couch. "Oh, no." No wonder Raph was a mess right now. Don had been busy fussing over Leo's injury to hear what was troubling his hot-headed brother when they were headed back to the mansion from the tower. Now that he knew, he couldn't believe it.

Don looked back at his father, wondering if there was anything he could do for Raph. The answer came a short time later. Splinter said he just needed time. Well, that was obvious, but a moody Raphael was the last thing they needed right now. Not to mention, Raph had gone through a rollercoaster of emotions recently.

"Alright. Thanks for letting me know."

Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:24 am

Holly wrote:"I'll let him know. see you guys soon." Holly hung up and tucked her phone away. she was glad that Lexi got out of the tower alright and was happy that she got her friend out. That woman sure was a tough one.

"Uh. I just talked to Lexi." She started. Wondering is Raph even cared. "She's alright and she got Laz out. everyone is coming over here to hid out.She wanted me to let you know."

Raph was still staring into his cup when Splinter pulled Don aside to tell him what was happening.  He sighed heavily then took a small sip of the tea.  He could hear his father and brother talking and it just drove the truth further into Raph's heart.  He really wanted to get away from everyone and handle this alone.  It's how he dealt with most of his problems, after all.

Raph's thoughts finally shifted to something else as the tea began to soothe his spirit a little.  He thought about Lexi.  He tried not to think about Laz because it just brought back more guilt.  He just wanted to focus on Lexi.  He was worried about her, but he couldn't think about that, either.  She was fine.  Everything was just fine.  He had to keep telling himself that.

He tore his eyes away from the cup when Holly approached him.  Apparently, his thoughts brought good luck to his woman because Holly was telling him that all of them were coming here.  "Great," he said with a weak smile.  "Thanks."  Truthfully, Raph had mixed feelings about that.  He was glad Laz made it out, but he also didn't really want to face the man yet.
    Elakiya
    Family

Female
    Number of posts : 344
    Registration date : 2012-01-06

Post by Elakiya on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 am

Mondo Gecko wrote:Mondo snuggled close to Ela, tangled up in the sheets. "That was good. Yer awesome." He told her and  pressed a kiss against her cheek. "I wonder what the others are up to."

"Did you want to go check on them, see what's going on?" Looks at him as she sits up in bed. "then we can take a shower or bath." Smiles at him with blush on her face feeling like a young child that just got candy.
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Holly wrote:"I'll let him know. see you guys soon." Holly hung up and tucked her phone away. she was glad that Lexi got out of the tower alright and was happy that she got her friend out. That woman sure was a tough one.

Once the call had ended, Lexi laid her phone next to her on the seat, everyone's quietness really getting to her. She understood that everyone was probably still processing everything, and dealing with it in their own way. Marley seemed to be taking it pretty hard, her quiet sniffles the only breakers in the silence.

"I guess we're getting pretty close, huh..." She asked Laz, partly dreading their arrival. She knew that Raph would be a wreck and it was something that always ate her up inside.

Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:55 am

"Yeah we're almost there." Laz told her and made the turn that would lead them to the mansion. "Not looking forward to facing everyone. I just hope that no one wants to...you know, talk about it."
    Lexi
    Original Character

Female

Post by Lexi on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Lazarus wrote:"Yeah we're almost there." Laz told her and made the turn that would lead them to the mansion. "Not looking forward to facing everyone. I just hope that no one wants to...you know, talk about it."

It was also a concern that Lexi had, too. But surely no one would say too much. Maybe they would know to give Laz his space for now. "Well I'm sure the mansion is big. There's plenty of hiding places." She sighed. "You know, when we were at the farm and I needed to retreat, the barn was a good place. Well, the hay loft anyway." And that certainly brought back memories. The kiss that never should have happened. She had pretty much thrown herself at Laz during her drunken haze... but after what happened earlier tonight, the guilt over that particular night was diminishing.

"I'm willing to bet this place has no hay loft, or a lake..." Yeah. the farm was sounding even better, but she knew she had lost that vote long ago. Everyone else won. They usually always did.

Soon the mansion came into view and she couldn't suppress the nervousness. Just how bad was Raph? Would she even be able to help him? Sure, she could handle him better than anyone else, because they just understood each other on a level that no one else could. But he had taken an innocent life... would he be able to bounce back from that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:18 pm