Birthday boyz (Halloween)

Serenity
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 693
    Registration date : 2009-11-26

Re: Birthday boyz (Halloween)

Post by Serenity on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Serenity had to push her own sadness away and be there for Gabe. She watched as he busted the bottle and toppled over the chair. She got on her knees next to him and pulled him in for a hug. "I'm so sorry,Gabe."

Eze had more control over himself. But his mind was racing. Seeing Gabe break down just about destroyed him though. He had to get out of there, but he had to be there for his brother. He had to do something!

"I'm going after him."

"After who?" Serenity asked. "Shredder?"

"Yeah. that bastard is going to pay." He started slipping his shoes on and getting ready to leave.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2012-08-28

Post by Pepper on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Pepper had been out on the swing set with Loki when she heard the commotion inside. It was dark now, so maybe it was time to go back in. The baby was sound asleep, so her job was done. Maybe it gave Remey and Marely time to themselves. Little did she know that everyone was mourning instead of celebrating.

She stepped inside the back door which put her right into the kitchen, and it was as if she had walked into a funeral. Mostly everyone was crying. It greatly confused her, and then she realized that Raphael was nowhere to be seen, nor was Lexi...

"..what's going on?" She asked Leo...
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Leonardo on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Leo put an arm around Pepper when she came in. "Lexi passed away." He told her and gave her a squeeze. "She was killed."

Remey walked up to Pepper and took the sleeping baby from her. "Thanks for watching him."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1192

Post by Gabriel on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:19 pm

God, this fucking hurt so much! Gabe just wanted it to stop. He felt Seren wrap her arms around him and he sunk into her embrace, burying his face against her shoulder and muffling his heart wrenching sobs. There were too many emotions. The obvious heartbreak and anger.. and guilt. Why didn't he insist on going with her to pick up Raph's gift?

"She.. shouldn't have gone alone.. why the FUCK did we let her go alone?!" Yeah, he would never forgive himself for this.

Hearing the commotion, Jake ventured into the kitchen with one of his toys clutched tightly to his chest. Seeing his daddy like this scared him, and it caused him to cry...

Hearing Ezekiel, Gabe finally looked up. "No, you ain't goin' without me.. but first, we...we gotta see her... we gotta help Laz make sure she's taken care of..."

Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Ezekiel on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Ezekiel was about ready to leave when Gabe spoke up. He was right, it would be stupid to go alone. And yeah they needed to help Laz. Then he saw Jake. He scooped the little boy up in his arms and hugged him.

"It's ok little man." He soothed. Even though he didn't even believe that. Nothing was ok. Nothing would ever be ok. and this little kid just lost one of his parents. It was a good thing he still had Serenity around, but he knew that wouldnt help with the pain once he figured out what had happen.

Srerenity pressed a kiss against Gabe's head and rubbed his back. "Yes I think it would be good for you two to help Laz."

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:25 pm

The news broke Marley's heart. She knew all too well just how cruel the Shredder was. Her fiance was a walking example of that, and she too wore the scars from the man's wrath. "Why does he do that.. always target women? He's a monster..." She said, wiping at her tears. Indeed, Raphael would be in no condition to enjoy a birthday party, so she began putting away the food. Perhaps it wouldn't go to waste.. maybe someone would get hungry and make use of it.. then again, maybe not...

She started to take down the decorations, but decided against it. Raph would surely come home, and even though he wouldn't want a party, she wanted him to know that they had thought about him...
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Ezekiel wrote:Ezekiel was about ready to leave when Gabe spoke up. He was right, it would be stupid to go alone. And yeah they needed to help Laz. Then he saw Jake. He scooped the little boy up in his arms and hugged him.

"It's ok little man." He soothed. Even though he didn't even believe that. Nothing was ok. Nothing would ever be ok. and this little kid just lost one of his parents. It was a good thing he still had Serenity around, but he knew that wouldnt help with the pain once he figured out what had happen.

Srerenity pressed a kiss against Gabe's head and rubbed his back. "Yes I think it would be good for you two to help Laz."

It took everything he had, but Gabe finally pushed himself up. The tears were unrelenting, but he did his best to wipe them away, only to have them replaced with more. He was glad that Ezekiel was comforting his son because honestly, he didn't know what good he would be right now.

"I'm gonna take Jake, too. He needs to say goodbye. He needs to understand." Because Gabe didn't believe in sugar coating things. It was a damn lie. Lexi was dead, and a part of his life was gone. The sooner Jake understood that, the sooner he would be able to deal. There would probably be no healing, but then again, Jake was young.

He pulled out his phone and dialed Laz...

Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male
    Number of posts : 1188
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post by Lazarus on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:40 pm

Laz was still sitting on the beach staring out onto the water when his phone rang. He grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. Gabe, great. He answered it after the third ring.

"Hello..."

Serenity stood up and went over to Eze and Jake. "It's ok sweetie. Don't cry."
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Mike held Fraya close, allowing his tears to fall. There was no need to hold them back or be strong, everyone was hurting. He squeezed her tightly, thinking to himself.. what if it was Fraya instead of Lexi? It could have easily been. Shredder was obviously trying to send a message, and maybe Lexi was just the first...

"I'm not letting you out of my sight.." He whispered, giving her another squeeze...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Phin stared up at his grandfather, confused by what he was trying to say. Indeed, it was too much for his young mind to grasp. But from the sound of it, his mommy wasn't coming back? Why not? His little brows furrowed and then he shook his head.

'She come back tonight?' He asked again. She had to! He always slept curled up against her.. there was no way he could sleep if she was sleeping somewhere else!

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Fraya thought the same thing. Was shredder going to take them out one by one to hurt the turtles? Who was next on his list? Surly not his prize daughter, Rini. But Rini had betrayed her father, fell in love with the enemy. Maybe not even she was safe. She gave Mike a nod and clung to him tightly.

Splinter took Phin's hands in his. He gave them a squeeze and shook his head. "No little one. Mommy isn't coming home tonight."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Lazarus wrote:Laz was still sitting on the beach staring out onto the water when his phone rang. He grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. Gabe, great. He answered it after the third ring.

"Hello..."

Serenity stood up and went over to Eze and Jake. "It's ok sweetie. Don't cry."

Jake could probably be heard crying in the background. In fact, Gabe was certain of it, because he could hardly hear Laz. He had to step into another room.

"... you at the hospital?" He asked, wanting to question him and ask if it was really her. But he would see for himself once he saw the body...

Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 pm

Indeed Laz heard the crying child. Hearing Jake almost made him break down again, but stood strong.

"No...I'm still at the beach house. But, I'm on my way to the hospital." He said and stood up from his spot. "I'm going to tell you, like I told Raph. Don't go after shredder alone. Don't put yourself in that danger." He said and made his way back to Raph.

"I'll be at the hospital soon."

Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion. Nothing felt real. He wasn't even sure if he should be driving.
    Ivy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-11-02

Post by Ivy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:56 pm

That wasn't the answer that Phin was looking for. His mother wasn't coming home.. surely his grandfather didn't know what he was talking about. She wouldn't stay away from him. He tried to wiggle free from his grandfather's protective hold.. he would go look for his mother by himself! But then Ivy came up and hopped up on the couch with them. She couldn't understand Phin, but heard what Splinter had been saying to the little turtle.

She pulled her legs underneath her, then leaned over to give the little turtle a hug.

"My mommy went to heaven, too." She told him. "But daddy said she got wings so she's happy now. Maybe yours did too! Maybe they have wings together!"

Phin stared at her, but was confused by what she was saying. All of this talk about not coming back and this place called heaven that kept stealing everyone's mother... someone needed to do something about it!!

'No...it can't have my mommy!' He signed angrily, and once again tried to get free from Splinter, tears welling up in his black puppy dog eyes..
    Donatello
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1040
    Registration date : 2008-09-30

Post by Donatello on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Donatello held Rini close when he heard the news of Lexi's passing.  His immediate thoughts went to both Phin and Raph.  He knew his brother well enough to know that Raph didn't just get over something quickly.  It definitely took some time.  This would probably take more time than most.

Don also already figured out what everyone else was thinking. The Shredder wasn't attacking them directly anymore.  It was indirectly -- with their hearts.  Lexi was only the beginning. Since Shredder knew Rini better than almost anyone else, he figured she had a pretty big target on her back.  Don also wouldn't let her out of his sight.

He nodded at Leo when he said Raph needed some time to work though his grief.  But still, he hoped Raph would at least want to talk to someone about this.  As much as Don knew Raph wanted to be alone, it would be a good idea to contact him to let him know they were here for him.  "Should someone try calling him?"
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:39 am

Lazarus wrote:Indeed Laz heard the crying child. Hearing Jake almost made him break down again, but stood strong.

"No...I'm still at the beach house. But, I'm on my way to the hospital." He said and stood up from his spot. "I'm going to tell you, like I told Raph. Don't go after shredder alone. Don't put yourself in that danger." He said and made his way back to Raph.

"I'll be at the hospital soon."

Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion. Nothing felt real. He wasn't even sure if he should be driving.

Once again, Gabe wanted to ask if it was really her, but was afraid of the answer. He needed some small tinge of hope, so he would hold onto that until he arrived at the hospital and saw for himself. Maybe it was some other black haired woman who had her face completely ripped off by Shredder. Not his Lexi. Deep down, he knew Shredder wouldn't just go after random people, there as always a method behind the madness, but he needed that hope.

So... Raph was there? He couldn't help feeling anger toward the turtle. If not for him, Lexi would have never been placed in this danger. But he knew she had been capable of making her own choices. She had to know the danger she was in, but still.. it didn't make this any easier.

"We're headed that way..." He just needed to see her-- say goodbye if it was in fact her. And teach his son about loss. It would be his first one, and he knew that he probably wouldn't understand.. but he needed to know that his mother wasn't coming back.

"You need us to pick you up?" He asked, not daring to question if he was okay. That was always such a bullshit question during loss. Of course he wasn't okay. None of them were.. they just had to find a way to move on.

Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 366
    Registration date : 2010-07-03

Post by Marley on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 am

Marley finished with putting away the food then sat down at the table. She just wanted to go to their guest room and cry into her pillow, but everyone was grieving right now and she wanted to be with them. She couldn't stop thinking about Raph and the grief he must be experiencing. No one should go through that alone. Sure, Laz was there.. but if he was going to make arrangements for Lexi, that would leave him isolated with his grief. No one should go through that. Raph may be best known for wanting to be alone whenever her was hurt or angry... but no one should be left completely alone during something as tragic as this.

"I know it's none of my business, but someone should indeed go check on Raph." She suggested, looking at Leo. Even though he and his red-clad brother fought like cats and dogs, he was probably the best turtle for the job. While they had their differences, there was that undeniable connection. "I know he probably wants his space, and having everyone go would make him feel suffocated, but just having one of his brothers there for support would mean a lot. Even if he kept you at a distance, just knowing you're there..." Because she wasn't sure if Raph would want to leave the beach house tonight, but he really shouldn't be alone. That was her opinion, anyway.
    Pepper
    Original Character

Female

Post by Pepper on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:03 am

Hearing about Lexi broke her heart. It didn't surprise her that Shredder was now targeting the turtles' hearts.. it just.. sucked. They deserved to have love like anyone else, but this was their curse. Anyone that became a part of their lives instantly became a target.

She wrapped her arms around Leo, hugging him gently. Surely he must be thinking the same thing-- how their involvement put their loved ones in danger. But out of the girls, Pepper probably had the least to worry about. Her mutation worked in her favor in that aspect. It made her stronger and the ability to heal at such a rapid rate certainly worked in her favor. But then there was Fraya and Rini. Like Lexi, they would be easy targets. Sure, they had training... but the enemy was a seasoned killer. He had a lifetime to perfect his skills, and none of them would be a match for him.

When Marley suggested that someone go after Raph, and her gaze nominated Leo, Pepper nodded in agreement. She didn't want Leo to leave her side, not after this.. but someone needed to be there to support Raph, and Leo was certainly the best choice for that.
    Lazarus
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Lazarus on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 am

"No...No I have the van, I'll see you all there soon." He hung up and looked over at raph. "Do you want a ride back to the mansion?" He asked wondering if Raph wanted to stay here for the night, or if he wanted to be with his family. Knowing Raph though he probably wanted to be alone.

"I'm heading to the hospital now. Look, you shouldn't be alone. why don't you let me bring you back."
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268

Post by Leonardo on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:49 am

It seemed everyone thought he was the best choice to be with Raph. But Leo was torn on what to do. If Shredder was coming after the girls he would need to stay close by to protect them. He knew Pepper could hold her own, but she still wasn't a match for shredder. Though her healing factor would come in handy.

The other girls though, they would be sitting ducks. Sure Don and Mike could protect them, but who would protect Don and Mike?

But shredder didn't know where they were, right? How did he know where the beach house was?

He felt Pepper wrap her arms around him and he placed his hands on her arms. Finally he nodded. "I'll go sit with him. But if anything happens here I want someone to call me."
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 am

Splinter smiled at Ivy but seeing Phin's reaction casued him to frown. He was just too young to understand. He finally let Phin go, placing him on the floor. Like Raph maybe the child just needed to some time for himself.

He looked back over at Ivy the smile returning.

"I know that your mommy is very happy. and so is his. And they are both looking down on the both of you, and they are very proud."
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 am

Gabriel slid the cell phone back into his pocket, then turned to the others. "Laz is gonna meet us up there. He's still at the beach house." So many questions were running through his mind, but they would have to wait until he saw Laz. His gaze then shifted to Seren. "You wanna come?" He figured she didn't. She didn't know Lexi as well as they did, and she probably wanted to get Raven to bed. But he offered, anyway.

Original Character

Female

Post by Pepper on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:08 am

Pepper knew that a part of Leo was reluctant to leave them alone, but she also knew that he needed to be with his brother. She gave a small nod at his comment and slowly released him. "I can drive you up there." She offered. "I won't get in the way. I can stay at Remey's place to give you guys time together." Because she knew with Raph, three was a crowd, and the red-clad turtle still seemed untrusting of her. She was probably the last person he wanted to see.
    Serenity
    Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

Serenity wasn't sure if she should go or not. She needed to take care of the kids, put Raven to bed and clean the kitchen. But that seemed unimportant right now. And Raven could sleep anywhere. Finally she gave a nod.

"Yeah I'm going to come." Because Gabe would need her there. Sure he had Ezekiel but felt she needed to be there as well.
    Gabriel
    Purple Dragon OC
    Purple Dragon OC

Male

Post by Gabriel on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

Gabriel led everyone out to his car and once everyone was inside, pulled out of the driveway and hit the main road that would lead them into the city. He drove with urgency. As if Lexi was still alive and slipping away. She was gone, he knew that.. or at least deep down he did. He wouldn't completely believe it until they unzipped the black bag and exposed her face.

He was quiet for most of the drive, but little Jake was anything but. He didn't understand what was going on, but something bad had happened. He had nearly exhausted himself with tears by the time they reached the hospital, and Gabe pulled into a parking slot. News traveled fast, apparently.. and a few News vans could be seen parked at a distance...

"You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me..."

Original Character

Female

Post by Serenity on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 am

Serenity tried her best to sooth the boy, luckely he was tiring out. When they got to the hospital, she looked out the window and shook her head.

"I knew she was famous. I didn't know she was this famous."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm