Birthday boyz (Halloween)

Karai
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 212
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Re: Birthday boyz (Halloween)

Post by Karai on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:10 am

Donatello wrote:Donatello also heard the commotion coming from the other room and excused himself from the kitchen to go investigate.  He told Rini he would be right back and found the others.  To say he was surprised to see Karai there was an major understatement.

Raph spotted Don and his eyes narrowed at his brother in purple. "And you!  I thought you were supposed ta' take care of the security stuff around here."  At this point, Raph wasn't sure who he was more angry at -- Karai or Don.

Don glared at Raph. "Excuse me?  But I was getting ready to, Raph."  Then he shot Karai a glare.  "How did you do it?  How did you find a way in here?  There were enough cameras and alarms that would have given you away the moment you set foot on this property!"

Typical. Just as the kunoichi was about to become a distant memory here, it seemed the rest of the clan would come to 'greet' her. She wasn't welcomed, and that was to be expected. Had young Phoenix not lowered her guard, she probably would have gone undetected as it should have been, since it was now obvious that her previous mission to draw the clan leader out had been aborted, due to circumstances. Not all of the Foot were ruthless, after all. Karai had obviously fallen far from the family tree, but remained loyal to her mentally ailing father.

Her almond gaze shifted to the old rat as he ordered her to leave them be. Did he really think it would be that simple? "Is this what it has come to, Hamato Yoshi? Simply allowing your wishes to roll of your lips and expect your enemies to simply flee like defeated leaves on violent winds?"

She shook her head in disbelief. Before she could receive an answer, the purple-clad brother decided to join the party, firing off questions that must have sounded ridiculous to his own 'ears'. But seeing the obvious shock on his reptilian features made it evident that he was indeed baffled. It was pathetic, really. These five were supposed to be ninjas...

"It was really not that difficult, Donatello. But then again, some of us cannot afford to become so..'lax' in our training. Our very survival depends upon it. Getting past your 'security' was quite simple. But perhaps you would not understand that since none of you have fully mastered becoming one with your surroundings." She let that hang in the air for a moment.

Then Leonardo showed up, and even though her features would not betray her, the young kunoichi's soul was smiling. They had almost spilled each other's blood on countless occasions, but more times than not, ended up saving each other. He was an honorable creature, and that was something difficult to come by in this world.

Even though the leader's voice was calm, Karai could sense the bottled anger over her intrusion. She understood fully. She had compromised his sacred place and in doing so, high lighted their failures and the fact that no matter where they went, they would never be safe.  

"There is nothing that I need, Leonardo. But I am afraid that is not the case for you and your family. Perhaps it is time to heed my previous warnings...."
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Leonardo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:58 am

Clearly they were getting too comfortable in their new home. If Karai was able to get into the house so easily it would be nothing for Shredder to come in as well. Maybe they have grown weak, too complacent. Splinter hadn't been on them about training like he use to be, and Leo also didn't force his brothers to train. They were slacking and with so much to protect they couldn't afford to do that.

He nodded at Karai. Things would have to change. Soon.

"I'll see you out." He said and motioned for her to follow.
    Azazel
    Lurker

Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2014-01-22

Post by Azazel on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:01 am

Azazel was bored. Shredder had left for who knows what, Karai was no where to be seen. He needed to do something. He looked down at the city from the roof top he was on. His mask was off, but his body was dressed in the black foot armor. His swords strapped to his back.

He wanted a fight. But it seemed that even the thugs weren't out tonight, which puzzled him. It was Halloween, the highest crime night of the year. Where was everyone?
    Karai
    Canon

Female

Post by Karai on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:10 am

It was her cue to leave, and Karai would take it. She had reminded him of her warning, and perhaps by her being here, it would hold more weight. Surely it would now since they had already suffered a loss tonight. With a slight bow, she dismissed herself and followed Leonardo toward the door. Once outside, she met his gaze, sincerity etched into her usually stone features.

"I am sorry for your loss, Leonardo. I know you find difficulty in believing my sincerity, so take it as you will. I know it is difficult to have so much responsibility resting upon your shoulders, but it is up to you to turn this around. My father found the beach house, it would be foolish to believe that he can not find something as large as this..."
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:16 am

Leo lead Karai outside then turned to her. The turtle believed her when she offered her condolences. He sighed deeply and nodded his head, glancing back at the home. The home that was suppose to be safe for them. But KArai was right. If Shredder found the beach house, it wouldn't be long before he found the mansion.

"I'll keep that in mind. Maybe we have been too relaxed. Standing around, waiting for something to happen. And now, something has happen.perhaps it's time we brace ourselves for a war. Good bye, Karai."

Leo turned back and headed back to the house.

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 am

Casey and April were preparing for the big birthday blowout. They had all the goods. Nachos, cheese dip, party favors and of course the appropriate number of candles; Casey placed a large one in a giant cupcake he had specially prepared for Raph. They were buds and it was time to prove to the turtle that this was going to be the greatest night of his life!

He had an arm full of gifts and assorted goodies and the other around April as he turned to look at her, placing a kiss on her pale cheek. There was something about a redhead with pale features that just made him loopy. Then again, ask any of the turtles and they would tell you he belonged in Looney Tunes as his own unique caricature. Maybe they were right.

"Hey, ya think we got enough stuff here, babe?", Casey asked in usual macho tone while trying to balance the gifts and food. "I guess the weights weren't enough fer the big guy, huh? Wait'll he gets a load a' this stuff - nothin' could ruin this night!", the blissfully unaware vigilante proclaimed with his hottie on his arm. It would be great to see him again.

Casey and Raphael practically grew up together. Not in the physical sense, that was impossible you see. But in the mental sense. Though Casey still had this 'way' about him, the way he acted immature and somewhat still lost in his teenage years. Some guys just never grew up. April seemed fine with it.

Tonight would be special for sure. Casey had a feeling that nothing, not even the Foot, could ruin this night!
    Karai
    Canon

Female

Post by Karai on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:33 am

"Perhaps." Karai agreed. A war was inevitable, that she was certain of. Her father had made that clear when he slaughtered Raphael's lover. Surely he would not stop at her, and the Turtles would seek vengeance. It would be interesting to see where she stood when hell broke loose.

She spared one last glance at the mutant mansion, then faded into the shadows.
    April O'Neil
    Canon

Female
    Number of posts : 505
    Registration date : 2008-09-29

Post by April O'Neil on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am

April was loving this weather and was excited for the party. It had been a long time since they threw one of the turtles a birthday party. Of course she had no idea of what was actually going on in the house. If she had known though, she would probably still head to the mansion to be there for her friend.

"We got pleanty of stuff. I don't think we'll run out of food any time soon. The beer...maybe. But I can always make a run and get some more."

She walked close by Casey her arm wrapped around his waist. "You should lay off the cake though, getting a little bubble butt back here." She teased and patted his ass.

Azazel was about to give up. Clearly there was going to be no action. But then he saw Casey and April walking by. Normally seeing a couple walking around wouldn't excit him any, and he probably wouldn't bother making his presence known to them. But he reconized Casey. Someone who was enemies with Shredder.

He jumped from the roof top landing in front of the couple after putting his mask back over his face. He pulled his sword out and pointed it at the couple. He knew the man would put up a good fight, he had seen him fight before. The girl however...He could kill her eaisly.
    Splinter
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-10-10

Post by Splinter on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:45 am

Splinter watched Leo and Karai leave then he too left the room. He headed back to the kitchen and stood in the door way. Upset, and anger clearly on his face.

"Michelangelo! Fraya! I will speak with you now. Come to the dojo."

It was not a question. It was an order. He walked off to wait for them with a lot on his mind.
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Mike had been eavesdropping just outside the door, but when Leo and Karai made their way out of the kitchen, the youngest brother made a bee line back to the kitchen, acting oblivious to everything. So, he was the reason that Karai had found the place?? Oh boy, his tail was in hot water, for sure...

Then his father emerged, calling him out... and Fraya. Oh boy. This was not going to be good! He looked much like a beaten puppy as he gazed at Fraya and motioned her to follow. "C'mon, let's get this over with..." He sighed.

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Fraya decided it was best to stay out of what ever was going on. It was none of her business. Or so she thought. When Mike came back in she was going to ask what was going on, but then Splinter showed up looking mad. He wanted to talk with them. why was she in trouble?

Fraya followed Mike to the dojo with her head down. She hated getting fussed at.

Splinter was sitting on his knees. In front of him were two pillows for each of them.

"Have a seat." He told them when they walked in. "Some things need to change. and they must change quickly. But first, I have to ask. what were you thinking, going out without a disguise? Did you forget that we are in hiding? Did you forget that we have enemies?"
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Mike took a seat on the provided pillow, dropping his head as his father told him that things needed to change. Then he brought up that he had gone out without a disguise. Was that why Karai was here? To... tell on him? That seemed a bit odd. Since when was Karai their friend?

"Buuut... it's Halloween, Sensei. I thought it would be okay. I mean, I needed to get Raph a gift... I thought no one would question a giant turtle walking around, since there would be witches and aliens and stuff wandering the streets tonight. It's not my fault that Karai is a creeper..."

Male

Post by Splinter on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Splinter sighed and shook his head.

"Maybe before it would have been alright. But Shredder has put us in the spot light. The city knows about us. On top of that, Enemies are after us. Maybe most wouldn't reconize you. But others would. Shredder, Karai, Hun, Bishop...Possibly more we don't know of. Karai found our home because she followed you. Had you been clothed that might not have happen."

"No one is to leave the house til I say so. Is that understood?"
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Mike knew that he had messed up, and after what happened to Lexi, he realized just how much danger he had inadvertently placed Fraya in. Now they were confined to the mansion... because of him.

"Yes, Sensei." He replied sadly, understanding everything that was at stake. His actions had been careless. "It won't happen again... I promise." He told his father.

"What about Karai? She knows where we live now... what if we're not safe here? I mean, Shredder killed Lexi ah her home...." Who was next?

Male

Post by Splinter on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm

"Yes. We must consider another move." Splinter said sadly. "I will speak with Leonardo about it soon. For now. You four will train twice as hard. You are not ready to fight Shredder, but you will be soon. I will make sure of it."

He got quiet for a moment.

"I must speak with the others as well." He stood up from his spot and placed his hands behind his back.

"You are dismissed."
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male

Post by Michelangelo on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Mike stood, then bowed to his father, then helped Fraya up. "I really am sorry, Sensei." He told him, then led Fraya out of the room and back to the kitchen where he helped Marley clean up from the party that never happened. It was obvious that he had been scolded, and Marley gave him a sympathetic look. She would have told him that everything would be okay, but she wasn't sure of that, herself...

..just then there was a knock on the door. Ally and Ace had finally shown up after finding a nice gift for Raph. A few cases of booze, wrapped all nicely with a pretty red bow.

Mike peeped out the door before opening it to let their guests in...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Seeing that the party was being cleaned up caused Ally to frown. "Oh, wow.. did we miss it?" She asked as she stepped in, her gaze searching for her favorite turtle. "Where's Leo?"

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 2011-10-15

Post by Ryan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Ryan knew what Mikko was promoting once they headed back to the bedroom and he nodded. He could go for some 'cuddling' in bed, for sure. Unfortunately, before that could happen, Mikko received a phone call with some seemingly very bad news. Mikko's expression said it all.

He would wait until she was off the phone before he asked what was wrong, but whatever it was, he would do it for her.
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Post by Mikko on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Mikko got off the phone and looked at Ryan. "That was Daisy. She said Lexi was killed. She wants us to spend the night over by their house. You don't have to if you don't want to, but I need to be there for her. She doesn't take things like this well."
    Kendall
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 180
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Kendall on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

When Kendall got home, he flopped down on the couch while he waited for Daisy to return after putting their daughter in bed. He chuckled at her name for the horror movies and held her close. It was likely this time would turn into something else while he was holding his woman.

The movie had barely gotten started when a break-in newscast started rolling and Lexi's name was plastered on the screen. Kendall frowned deeply and held Daisy tightly as she cried. He wanted to let her know he was there for her and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm so sorry, baby."

He continued to hold her when Daisy called Mikko and told her the horrible news. No doubt Mikko would be saddened -- not because of Lexi's passing exactly but Daisy's heartache. When Daisy told him that she wanted Mikko close, he nodded.

"Of course she can stay, babe. I'll go get things ready for her now if you want."
    Daisy
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 464
    Registration date : 2009-06-21

Post by Daisy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:35 pm

It was thoughtful that Kendall was willing to go get things ready for their guests, but Daisy wasn't ready to give up the comforts of his arms. Her face was still buried against him as she sobbed, but she managed to shake her head...

"No.. just stay with me.." She managed through her tears. Indeed, she didn't take these things well, and getting too worked up could provoke a nasty seizure, so she was quick to grab her meds from the end table and popped a few into her mouth. There would be plenty of time to set up a room for Mikko and Ryan if he decided to come along, but right now she didn't want Kendall out of her sight.
    Raphael
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1072
    Registration date : 2008-09-23

Post by Raphael on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm

Raphael was still seething.  This day just kept getting better and better!  What more could possibly happen to make this the crappiest birthday ever?  Well, actually...it already was!  It couldn't get worse.  As much as he still wanted to tell Karai off and maybe Don for letting the bitch in in the first place, he wordlessly stomped his way back out to the back house with Phin where his little family was staying.

He still felt like exploding in anger as they headed back inside.  Raph didn't know what to do.  He was extremely unstable with his emotions and any little thing could set him off again.  Probably not the best idea to have his son within reach, but Raph needed that little bit of grounding so he wouldn't do something he would regret.

He took some deep breaths and set Phin on the floor with his toys while he flopped down on the couch with a frustrated groan.  Then he leaned forward and buried his face in his hands, taking a few more deep breaths as he slowly calmed down. Then he looked down at his son.

"Sorry, kid..."
    Fraya
    Original Character

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2010-05-02

Post by Fraya on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 am

Fraya left silently with Mike back to the others. She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a hug. "It's ok, babe. You didn't know. Hey. Why don't we go back to the bedroom and finish what we started this morning."

She flashed him a cheeky grin hoping that he would be up for it. but then there was a knock at the door. She was going to protest Mike answering it, but he was at the door before she could say anything. Luckily it was just friends who had shown up for the party that wouldn't happen.

She smiled at the couple and shook her head, her smile fading. "There is no party. There's been a death in the family." She explained. "Leo should be around here though, don't know where he disapeared to."
    Leonardo
    Canon

Male

Post by Leonardo on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:05 am

Hearing his name, Leo peeked in the kitchen and smiled when he saw Ally. "I'm glad you two could make it." He said walking up to the girl and pulling her in for a hug. "sadly there is no party. Lexi was killed tonight. So Raph's not up for anything. None of us are. It's really an eye opener for me. For a while we had heard nothing from our enemies. Now it seems Shredder is making a full force come back."
    Ace
    Original Character

Male
    Number of posts : 731
    Registration date : 2010-09-02

Post by Ace on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 am

Hearing that Lexi was killed was upsetting. He could imagine what Raph was going through. "Where is he? Raph I mean."

"I think he went back in the helps house."

Ace nodded then put the things down. "I'm going to see how he's doing." He said then headed out back to talk with the turtle.
    Ally
    Original Character

Female
    Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2010-08-29

Post by Ally on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 am

Ally placed the wrapped cases of booze on the table, then returned Leo's hug. She was so happy to see him, but that excitement was short lived. Her friend informed them that Lexi was killed, and at first, she couldn't believe it. But she knew Leo wouldn't say anything unless it was factual.

"How was she killed?" She asked, not understanding how death could have taken her so quickly. They just saw her tonight! But death was just that. Quick and with poor sense of timing. And then the realization hit her.

"Oh my god..she was killed on Raph's birthday.." She gasped, feeling the tears well up. She and Raph had never gotten close, mainly because he was so stand-offish, but she had deep sympathy for him. She would have accompanied her husband to check on him, but knew that three would be a crowd as far as Raph was concerned.

"How's Phin? Does he understand?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:07 am