Don't mind the shy girl lurking in the corner.

Maddie
    Friend

Female
    Number of posts : 132
    Registration date : 2014-07-12

Don't mind the shy girl lurking in the corner.

Post by Maddie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 am

Ah... um... Ohgoshanxiety...

Hello. I'm Maddie... Stumbled across this site after beating google with a stick looking for somewhere to take my turtle-fanning, though apparently I'm a lot late to the whole fandom... thing. Registration wasn't blocked so I thought I'd sign up, but I'm really shy so I'll probably just sit here quietly and stare at you all.

I ah, noticed there was your nifty little 'welcome mat' section but... with no new posts since '10 it felt just... weird... to post there. Why break a four year streak of silence? Nope, nope, not me.

I have a half-baked OC bumping around my head but... I probably won't post her here, since this lovely site has been around for so long I would be surprised if there was room for new faces. Its still nice to have turned up a community that isn't dead since last year.

Anyway... I think I'll end this painfully awkward introduction here. Unless it would have been better if I had just sat silently in the shadows in which case ohgodI'msorrydon'teatmeIrepent *grovel*

--M
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 4229
    Registration date : 2008-09-28

Re: Don't mind the shy girl lurking in the corner.

Post by Mikko on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:19 am

HI!!!!!!  :biiig: welcome to the site! I'm Mikko. so say my name tag! No need to feel shy around here, and there is always room for more OCs. we can fit people in no problem. yeah no new people have been here in a long time so it's nice to see a new face...but you don't have a face!!!!!! Le'gasp!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo who's yer favorite turtle? villain? The villains are sexy.  :hump: 
    Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by Rogue on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am

Hi Maddie! Welcome to the forum!! Very Happy No need to be shy.. we don't bite! And those of us who do have been fully vaccinated! Razz

As Mikko mentioned, we welcome new faces and new OCs, so no need to sit and watch from the shadows. Very Happy

We're glad to have you! Hope you enjoy it here!

Male
    Number of posts : 1268
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Leonardo on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:51 am

Hello, Maddie. It's nice to meet you. I would suggest not venturing into Mikey's room. But other then that, feel free to look around and post! Not only do we have stories going on, but also fun games.

Also if you have a burning idea for a story line, let us know!
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:57 am

Oh! Ah... Hello! Thank you for the welcome. B-biting though? That's a little concerning... Maybe I should have worn my turtleneck to this introduction. ^^; Sadly I've sent it out to be cleaned, along with my face - Never fear Mikko! I just wanted to be extra shiny before I met all of you.

Thanks for the encouragement regarding OC's! From what I've observed during my frustrating search for somewhere to settle down, OC's tend to be kind of... frowned on in some circles? If I can ever get my head out of this paper bag I might see about dragging her out of my squishy brain-meats and into view.

And now to the Q&A portion of this intro! *leans over and presses play on gameshow soundtrack*

Favorite Turtle? Oh gosh that's such a difficult question to answer for me, they all have their good points. Ahhhh I think I would have to say I admire Donatello and Raphael the most (I wish I had that kind of smarts or confidence, heh), idolize Leo the most (I'm an oldest sibling myself. The whole feelings of responsibility, totally get that.), but Mikey seems the most approachable/fun? If I got to meet a turtle I'd probably gravitate toward Mikey the easiest. I'm too much of a weenie to hit things and I don't know enough big words to carry on a conversation with the other two ^///^

WOW THAT ANSWER WAS MUCH TOO LONG. I... really shouldn't be putting that much thought into things like this *shrink*

Favorite VILLAIN? ah... oh dear... Busy little emotes there... *ahem* That's a bit harder... Tentatively going to answer Baxter Stockman? Because who doesn't love MAD SCIENCE? Or getting to swat the mad scientist?

--
    Also OMGLeosaidhitomebecool... *deep, cleansing breaths*

Um, hello... *shy wave* Thank you for the welcome. ^///^
    --M

Baxter Stockman
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 137
    Registration date : 2009-01-19

Post by Baxter Stockman on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm the favorite. Do you all hear that ME! This girl obviously has superior taste. *wraps an arm around Maddie* perhaps you and I will one day show these inferior beings why it is unwise to mess with BAXTER STOCKMAN!

Mad though? I hardly think of myself a mad scientist. But what ever totes your goats.
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Eep! *stands stiffly* ... A-awkward... *wiggles pinky in ear*
    Ah... Maybe you can explain to me why so many villains think its necessary to shout their full names.

*Speaking out one side of mouth* Somebody...Hhhhhhhhhelp...
    --M
    Michelangelo
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 1271
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by Michelangelo on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:43 pm

*Rescues Maddie from the evil Stockman!*

Hi there! ^^ I think you said I was your favorite back there.. you have incredibly awesome taste! Wink

Yeah, you wanna stay away from that dude... he's a few slices short of a full pie! Or, a full pie short of a few slices... O.o *gives her a can of fly spray* This tends to work on him for some reason. Razz

Female

Post by Maddie on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:03 pm

I'm saved! *wipes brow in relief... then realized by whom she was saved*

Oh... Ah... Um... *shyness powers activate* Thank you... um... Its very nice to meet you. Ah-hah ^///^ *Timidly accepts can of fly spray, which has now become most treasured earthly possession* I'll be sure to keep this handy in case of Stockman sightings in the future.

--M
    *edit*

*Hopefully image doesn't stretch or something *flail* *
    A little doodle I made of my first impressions of yawl. ^///^
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

question

Post by Maddie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:44 am

Ah, feel a little weird replying to my own topic like this but I'm still learning my way around. Its been a WHILE since I tried RPing in public, can anyone direct me to the correct place to post/submit an OC character profile? Or does my character need to be involved in a specific story in order to do that?

I'm sort of in that boat where I have a character in MIND but no where to take it? And I thought it might be helpful if I put up even a partial profile to get feedback/generate discussion on where she might be best suited, supposing she sounded interesting enough to join in some-a-wheres.

--M
    Rogue
    Administrator

Female
    Number of posts : 885
    Registration date : 2008-09-21

Post by Rogue on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:17 am

Awwww, love the drawing! ^^ Too cute!

You can submit your profile in the 'Work in Progress' section: http://thekingsareback.turtle-forum.com/f10-work-in-progress

Can't wait to see it!

We do have several games going right now, but the main storyline is Taste the Sun. It is on private settings because of some of the NC-17 material (it's not entirely a smut RP, lol) ~ if that stuff doesn't offend you, I can give ya access. Wink

Male
    Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2009-10-21

Post by Agent Bishop on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:20 am

*Hopes new person is an alien or mutant he can tinker with.*
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:54 am

*fidgets nervously* Ah... erm... well... T-tinker?

Thank you, Rogue, for the link! I think I'll go avail myself of it now. :3

Smut doesn't bother me so long as I'm not required to participate in it myself. I prefer to have a very good reason for my characters to be involved in that kind of thing. Otherwise I say, to each his (or her) own. :3 I'm not going to go around waving the 'ewww!' flag or anything if that has anyone concerned. I reserve the right to blush fiercely, however.
    --M

Casey Jones
    Canon

Male
    Number of posts : 432
    Registration date : 2008-12-28

Post by Casey Jones on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:12 am

Hey Maddie, welcome to the site! Good to see a new face wandering around here. As I'm sure the gals've told you this site hasn't had a new face in quite some time. I was the newest one before you I think. xD

I've been here a while. Around a year, give or take a few months.

I see you've decided on an oc which is always cool, and definitely welcome on this site! I play the resident Casey and Shredder around here so if you need a baddie to join in your fun/wreck the good times being had give me a ring! =D I like to mess things up >D

How long have you been roleplaying for?
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:24 am

*waves shyly* Hello Casey :3 Everyone here is so nice and welcoming, I can't get over it.

Oh gosh, RPing in general? Probably getting on toward around 10 years or so? Off and on (RL allowing of course), though this is my first time ever doing anything TMNT related, so I'm a little nervous about making a good impression and not sounding like (too much of) a dork.

Its been a while since I've RPed at all, too, so I'm hoping that I'm not too terribly rusty. I'm also a little new to the fandom, so I'm doing lots of homework trying to get caught up on the cannon/cannons, reading lots of wikis, tracking down various versions of the show, movies, ect. Last weekend I just bought my first ever TMNT comics and even downloaded the tabletop game manual to see what that was all about. Getting into a little bit of everything, and stirred my RP itch which lead to me discovering this little pocket of the internet :3

ah, sorry XD more answer than was asked for. I ramble when I'm nervous *mumbles*
    --M
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

you just brought your first ever TMNT comic? wow. I've been collecting TMNT comics and stuff since 1985. but i'm old.

and we are perfect for your first TMNT Rp experience. why? because we're awesome duh!
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:36 am

Yeah... I'm very very recent to the fandom. My hubby has been a fan of the original cartoon since he was a kid, and when the new animated stuff came out he got more into it... then I just kind of took it and ran in my own little direction. XD

So far my impressions are that this community seems very awesome indeed! I have to say that I thought it would be much easier finding somewhere to take my creative energies... I ended up google searching every day for a week before I found this site @.@ It was probably just the gods of the internet making sure I didn't waste my time with lesser RP sites. *nodnod*
    --M

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:06 am

Bah, it's alright Maddie. I liked your explanation either way. And wow, 10 years? I'm about that, think I'm about 9.5 years into it, on and off. I actually started rping on e-feds, which are like wrestling roleplays. Back when it was worth it. Then, I got into comic book style which is very different and it gave me a good learning curve.

A lot of my best writing I attribute to X-Men 3 roleplays back in '06. Once that movie hit every roleplay was X-Men themed so I got tons and tons of practice in. Very Happy It was cool but nowadays I can't stand doing them, not the mainstream anyway. I stick to Power Rangers and TMNT mostly cause it gives me something fresh to work off of and allows for more creativity.

I've been collecting TMNT stuff since the 80's like most others but I never was crazy with it. Mind you, I still have some of the 80's toys and whatnot but I never went overboard. I'm not a casual TMNT fan but I'm not hardcore either. Everyone else here is crazy into it so I just kinda deal. Razz

But nonetheless, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we can't wait to roleplay with you! It should be exciting. ^^
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:34 am

I hope so too! Once I can work out a reasonable explanation for my character a. being the way she is and b. how/where she comes along. I really don't want to screw with ya'lls story 'n all especially since it appears to be so long running (quite impressive I must say).

I think I'm probably about where you are, fan-wise? I'm definitely more of a casual fan but... maybe a little more into it? I suspect that's probably just because I feel like I'm playing catch-up with everybody, trying to experience all the fun little facets as quickly as possible so that I don't mess up my facts and junk in front of longer standing fans XD

So I'm curious, since I've noticed that those of you with multiple characters seem to have multiple accounts; how does that work? My RPing experience has mostly been on forums, with a dash of IMs (I don't really do those anymore, too easy to be lazy in those quick-action type deals anymore and I'm trying to hold myself to a higher standard of writing), and a smidgen of tabletop. In all the other forums I've been on usually players have one account and keep a list of their characters as names in their signature box or a private thread somewhere. Does it get hard to juggle accounts/usernames? I only ask since its new to me that's all :3

--M

Oroku Saki
    Foot Clan
    Foot Clan

Male
    Number of posts : 449
    Registration date : 2009-11-28

Post by Oroku Saki on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:53 am

It's nothing at all. Each character you wish to take, if they aren't already registered, you just re-apply like you did the first time but with the name of your next character. So you're basically going thru the same reg. process just with your next character. That's all it is.

As for difficulty managing them, not really. Sometimes you lose muse for writing for a certain character but that's about it. Nothing difficult about it, just sign in with your char you want to post with and get to it. Smile

Yeah, some forums allow one account for every character but that's not most roleplays. That's forum style usually from what I've gathered in my experience. RP style is less lenient depending on the fandom as it's easier to keep up with everyone if they have multiple accounts instead of trying to figure out what one person plays 15 characters. Very Happy
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:58 am

I can see how it would be easier to keep everything more organized that way. I wonder why its not used more often? From what I've observed, when players were only allowed 1 account they tended to distinguish the voices of different characters with colored text... but boy, that made for some psychedelic threads, I tell ya what XD RPing in tie-dye!
    --M
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:59 am

lol well I have about 20 OC on here, plus I play. Leo. splinter, april, Baxter, bishop, hun,dragonface,mondo, annnnnnnd....that might be all?

I can only speak for myself when I say it's not hard juggling the characters. Most of the time anyway. I'm really good at keeping up with things. There have been a few occasions where I will forget to post for someone. If that happens someone just has to let me know and I get right on it.

Dragonface I'm mostly puppeting until we find someone to play him.

the only time things get a little off is when I have to interact with myself. I tried to avoid it, but sometimes to keep the game moving you have to. I use to play Shredder but now we have a much better shredder. I wasn't doing too good with him. XD
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 am

Wow! That's a lot of characters. I don't know if I'd ever be able to keep that many straight in my head... I tend to make one, maybe two, and focus all of my energy on them. I've always admired the kind of folks who could write for -so many- and not get overwhelmed. (well, it seems like a lot to me anyway XD) its a talent I wish I also had :3

uhhgg though I can see why it would be difficult to have to write with yourself. I've run into situations where I also had to do that in the past myself (even with my minuscule character count), only a handful of times, but its still awkward. If I wanted to write by myself to myself I'd be writing fan fiction not Role Playing X3

Another question! How have you all managed to keep your community active so long? I'm impressed by it every time I sign in. While I was searching for a TMNT RP community, so many promising looking places were just ghost towns. Even when I was writing more alone with just my hubby, we'd lose steam on our stories after maybe a year or so of solid pursuit.
    --M
    Mikko
    Administrator

Female

Post by Mikko on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:15 am

Taste the sun has been going on for...7 or 8 years I think. we're close friends so we stick together even when things look like they are dying out. Things get boring we find new plots, bring in new characters. yes we've lost a lot of players over the years which is sad, but the few of us left are very dedicated.
    Maddie
    Friend

Female

Post by Maddie on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:19 am

That's very inspiring :3
    --M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm